The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    1. I hate how they look (stage 2-4)
    2. Make Clouding Swarm more useful.

Clouding swarm is simple make it so you don't need a target and increase the duration

actually if they did that and it was like 4-5 seconds of bolt escape with aoe damage. . .that would be pretty f'n cool.
    Edited by Wing on June 12, 2018 7:56PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    Appearance, a toggle or 'default' skin option would be great.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, do you all hate the looks of all of the vamp stages, or just the 4th and most advanced stage? @casparian pointed out in the vampire feedback discord that the earlier stages might be more attractive to people, but that the last stage may be too grotesque.

I dont like how pale vampirism makes my redguard. I wouldn't mind a beautiful vampire skin that removes the skin color but keeps the red eyes. If they want us to look like vampires im fine, just don't make me look like a skooma addict. Something like serena from skyrim is what I would like to look like
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 12, 2018 8:23PM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    btw I really like how the 4th stage of vampirism looks. Make it toggleable, just don't remove the appearance completely.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    btw I really like how the 4th stage of vampirism looks. Make it toggleable, just don't remove the appearance completely.

id like two skins, one is a mortal appearance, and another is a skin without the pale skin but with vampire eye color
  • InFernalEntity
    InFernalEntity
    ✭✭✭
    1. Lackluster skill line. And only magicka based.

Skill Line currently has:

Damage Shield kinda In form of cloak
    Self Heal in form of drain
    Expensive and very average Ultimate

Could use:

An actual DoT. (Bite? Claws?) Stam based.
    Gap closer (Bloodfiend gap closer as example) Magicka + Stam based.
    Ranged attack (Bats? Similar to Warden Cliffracer) Magicka and Stam based.
    Execute? Magicka Based? (Stam classes use/have access to weapon executes)

Most people use vampire passives/abilities to iron out the weaknesses of their own class/race so may as well go the whole way and provide access to abilities other classes might not have. MagDK Execute for example. StamSorc Gap Closer also.

2. Balance out Passives/Penalties.

10% increase in Stam/Magicka recovery. Might only benefit from one. Have to sacrifice taking 15% minimum extra fire damage and potentially Health Recovery too.
    Less fire damage as an alternative? 12%
    Slight increase on magicka and stam recovery increases? 12%
    Either or, not both.

Fast Crouch should require stage 1 vampirism not stage 4 it's a convenience thing more than anything and you shouldn't have to be at your weakest to use it,
    XBOX GT: InFernal Entity

Zoarava the Dark Reaper - Level 50 Khajiit Stamblade
    Valyria Uviryoni - Level 50 Dunmer mDK Vampire
    Pale Shade - Level 50 Argonian NB crafter
  • iratheshark
    iratheshark
    ✭✭✭
    1] Not being able to hide skin, add a 'mortal skin' or something for vampires to switch between.

2] Head/Body Markings faded out, excluding makeup.
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭

1.Give the skill line more active skills

2. The vamp ult could need an increase in its duration
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 The appearance - I know we're vampires but seriously, plenty of vamps in the games that don't really look like vamps, and certainly don't look like undead liches. Some skin tones are really horrible once it goes 'pale'. Or for the love of god, at least give us a option to see how we'll look as a vampire on the creation screen, then we can try to adjust for it. And the body markings really need fixed. Pale skin wouldn't make them fade like they do. Some of them are body paints, how does being a vampire make paint fade?

#2 feeding - It's just horrible, I mean seriously, we're vampires, why do I even have fangs if not to sink them into someone's neck and drain them dry, not do whatever the heck it is they do in the game. Please, give us realistic feeding. Some cool animations somewhat along the lines of what we get for the Blade of Woe would be great.
    Edited by x48rph on June 13, 2018 11:21AM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Hey, do you all hate the looks of all of the vamp stages, or just the 4th and most advanced stage? @casparian pointed out in the vampire feedback discord that the earlier stages might be more attractive to people, but that the last stage may be too grotesque.

I dont like how pale vampirism makes my redguard. I wouldn't mind a beautiful vampire skin that removes the skin color but keeps the red eyes. If they want us to look like vampires im fine, just don't make me look like a skooma addict. Something like serena from skyrim is what I would like to look like

This is really specific feedback. Thanks.

I also read a comment about making Clouding Swarm useful. Ugh...I miss original Clouding Swarm. :(
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

This is really specific feedback. Thanks.

I also read a comment about making Clouding Swarm useful. Ugh...I miss original Clouding Swarm. :(

Overall I think vampires are in a good spot, but visually they suck. You can tell that many people don't like the appearance as almost every comment here wants some sort of toggle
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the body markings/tattoos visible. Pale skin should make them more visible if anything. That is my only irk about vampires.

Could probably use more skills too, skills that have merit to them.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.you look ugly as can be.

2.i never ever used a vampire skill except when you needed it for the passives way back when.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    id like to see more strains of vampirism and the ability to become a vampire lord(insertwerecreaturestrainhere) by getting lycanthropy after vampirism becoming a vampire dominate hybrid example: vampire lord(bat) if the player was infected by a werebat after becoming a vampire
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Btw Zenimax, I suggest you should check older games like TES: Daggerfall for the inspiration.
    Ice Storm would be dope to have...
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    also becoming an even blood if infected by both and doing a new and harder special quest after mastering the vampirism, lycanthropy, vampirism dominate hybrid, and lycanthropy dominate hybrid skill lines and a new ritual site for it in a neutral dlc zone in azura's realm moonshadow
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    id also like the different strains of vampirism to look different depending on the strain
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    maybe allow skins and disguises to show humainoid vampirism with the option to toggle the feature on and off and have skins effect transformed states like the vampire lord(insertwerecreaturenamehere) and were*insertwerecreaturenamehere* lord for unique looks
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    1) Vampire feeding needs a rework. Accidentally feeding on somebody when I'm trying to use the blade of woe is incredibly frustrating. Instead of a quick, stealthy kill, I get a bounty, alert everyone nearby, am effectively stunned for several seconds, (with no way to break out!) and lose my ability to move quickly in stealth due to no longer being at stage 4.

Feeding needs to use a different activation method from blade of woe, and I would really like a way to feed without instantly drawing aggro and gaining a bounty. Vampires are supposed to mesmerise their prey, so maybe alter the Savage Feeding passive so that feeding works more like pickpocketing or using the blade of woe? (i.e.: No bounty or hostile reaction, and you return to stealth immediately--unless you're caught, of course.)

2) Visuals.

The appearnce changes shouldn't kick in until stage 2. I'm fine with vampires getting fugly if they go too long without feeding, that makes sense and fits the lore, but well-fed vampires are supposed to be able to pass as human.

And while we're at it, the goofy soul reaver feeding animation needs to go. If you can give us all those gloriously choreographed blade of woe animations you can do a proper grab + neck bite.

• Oathunbound
    Oathunbound
    ✭✭✭
    1) lack of activatable skills
    right now vamps primary benefit is from its passives. The active skills are quite limited in their use and are all magicka based. Not quite sure what kind of skills that could be added to make them worth slotting but it kinda feels bleh since I'm mainly in it for the passives and nothing else

2) tattoos/paint massively fading to the point of practically non-existence.
    i might be one of the few who likes the look of advance stage vampires but i have a huge problem with the fading of body/face marking on stage 4 vampire. There have been a few threads in the past that have asked as to weather the fading is meant to be or if it is a bug with the vampire skin. I hope that it is a bug because it makes the tattoos i got from either questing or unlocked through crown crates practically worthless and that's just a bad idea. I understand the looks are a penalty for being a vampire but to go as far as to prevent any customization other then using a skin or poly-morph to hide/alter the skin. I thought the tattoos would really pop against the white skin but instead i have to zoom all the way in and squint just right to be just barely make out any kinda marking at all. (Especially on a argoninan as there are a few tattoos that apply to the tail as well making them stand out even more, so far only the pijic body imprint stands out well only because it glows in the dark)
  • Sneaky23bacon
    Sneaky23bacon
    ✭✭
    Some stam options, and more skills. i dont mind the look all that much
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Reduce fire damage penalty, in PVP FG skills are already very effective against vampires. 25% more fire damage is simply Huge in PVP especially where we have fire siege weapons everywhere
    2. Ugly look need to go, give better look to vampires
  • AnnaUK
    AnnaUK
    ✭✭
    Sometimes the feed timer is a pain, and the fire dmg debuff.. other than that am happy..

I am a Dark Elf Vamp and I spent ages trying to get her to look okay.. what do you think? I'm happy with her..

vampgal.jpg
    Edited by AnnaUK on June 22, 2018 6:29PM
    Ps4 player
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Rework Baleful mist and other under-utilized abilities/Add 1 or 2 abilities to the skill line

2. From a PVP perspective, 25% increased fire damage at stage 4 seemed appropriate when fire damage was less common in Cyrodiil. Currently, a massive amount of the outgoing damage in Cryo is fire based (not to mention taking 20% increased damage from every Stamina DD using DB). Yet to open world PVP, Elusive mist is basically required. It's the only way to ensure mobility for magicka builds.

In PVE, the 25% increased damage is just enough to make vamps lower their stage only in certain instances. People carry Bloody Mara just for Assembly General for example. It's a bit awkward having to carry that particular food, bum it from friends, or try and remember to go feed twice before raid.
    Edited by kadar on June 22, 2018 6:47PM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra fire damage in pvp is a big deal as dawn breakers are prominent.

Fire damage needs reduction

Bruh... Dawnbreaker doesn't do fire damage. That was Skyrim, not ESO.

DB doesn't do fire damage, but it does 20% increased damage due to a passive.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Toggle appearance, all day long. I love being a vampire, it all of the aesthetics in this game, vampire shouldn’t ruin it so heavily.

Vampire is too good not to have yet people often don’t want it because it ruins their characters appearances.

Please make this a thing. I only need one pain point with Vamps. The rest are feasible trade offs.
    Edited by davidj8291 on July 2, 2018 12:43AM
  • Lum1on
    Lum1on
    ✭✭✭
    First of all appearance is a very big deal for most of the vampires. Passives are without a doubt really powerful, but it forces people to use skins or even hide their face (or other body parts) because they don't like they way they look. And this also is sort of in a conflict with the fact that ESO provides a large variety of character customization options.

Few most important things I'd like to see changed in the future:
    • I don't understand why the skill line has a passive for both magicka and stamina recovery, when skill line abilities are designed purely for magicka only. Either move the stamina recovery to Lycanthropy (e.g. to replace Pursuit passive) or simply add stamina based abilities to vampires as well. -- I know, I know... there aren't many skills there. But this leads to a problem number two.
    • Way too few abilities for vampires. I understand ESO is developed for both PVE and PVP (not to forget RP'ers) and it's really hard to find a good balance in between those, but at the moment only a very tiny portion of players run vampire abilities in PVE (at least that I've seen, and I'm mostly talking about veteran dungeons and trials). The only reason most of the people are vampires are the passives and there should be more options for it. Of course PVP in this case is a little bit different, but you already know it.

Passives are okay-ish in my opinion. I mean, there are things to tweak and balance but I'm in no position to give any proper suggestions how. But I can tell few problems.
    • I don't really understand the whole concept of Savage feeding, so I'm not going to talk about it. Why is it there, even? Like really...
    • Supernatural recovery: Yeah, I already mentioned about this one.
    • Undeath: Not going to do any math here this time, but if you think about the "hidden" passive where vampires take +25% extra fire damage and they reduce all incoming damage by up to 33% it basically meants that if you're harmed with any other than fire damage you are more tankier. Fire damage deals more damage to you before a certain threshold (depends on CP's and gear as well) is passed and then you just become more tankier. I understand the idea because vampires are sort of "living dead type of figures" but still. Way too powerful passive.
    • Unnatural resistance: First of all one of the most annoying things ever in games; not displaying things! For the love of Arkay, give us proper numbers. Not that I really care about numbers on this passive, but still. Common courtesy. But what about this passive? I don't understand it either. Maybe only for the new players it might be useful, but eventually everybody realizes they need to have self heal because health regeneration is not that good (although it's fine as it is, do not change it!) and then this becomes kind of useless. So once again, why is this here?
    • Dark stalker: Fine as it is. Could have some sort of detection radius reduction as well, but basically, in my opinion, the only ability (passive) that is actually useful and balanced for PVE and PVP.
    PC EU: @Lum1on
  • Feizao
    Feizao
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I found this thread earlier. Hope I'm not too late to give my thoughts.
    TL,DR:
    1) Revamp skill line ;)
    Offer other ways of obtaining desired vampire abilities.
    2) DLC

1 - Rebalance w/added skills
    I would like to see an evenly ( fair) distribution of vamp/ww and non-vamp/ww players. Meaning, a player can choose one over the other without feeling disadvantaged.
    I choose vamp for rp reasons ever since I started playing eso (opposed to passive reasons even when the choice included taking 50% more fire dmg).
    post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png

The lack of skills leave me wanting more to play with. However, players have argued vamps don't need more skills -- either vamps need to be reworked or they're fine how they are... that's usually how the discussion goes anyway. Hopefully this thread will please both sides in the future.
    Skill ideas
    I personally would like more skills to play with. Since the post asked for specifics, a few skills/changes I'd like to see:
    > Leap - Animation like bloodfiend (or make leap a charge like 2H skill) with an added animation of feeding on stunned target similar to clannfear.
    > Claw/Flurry - Stamina morph option dealing disease damage
    > Summon Gargoyle - ehh.. a skill Ive read about players wanting. I'm not too much a pet person
    > Clouding swarm - change to teleport active skill not needing a target (turn into a cloud of bats and reanimate at new location?). While the bat swarm morph goes back to granting invisibility maybe with longer duration
    Passives
    A Dark stalker similar passive could be obtainable in maxed rank legeredemain.
    Also include alternate ways of increasing recovery. Of course the current passive in the vampire skill line would have to be removed to make this a balance, otherwise someone could just stack the recovery from the other source + current passive.
    Rework feeding
    Idk deal some damage, debuff target (target is weakened after losing blood.. I guess that's why they become off balance :/).

2 - DLC
    Rivenspire was the first zone where I cleared and listened to each quest. I would love more vampire/WW content to play through.
    Maybe include a hideout similar to the dark brotherhood sanctuary or allow players to re-enter vampire shrine.

That's my ramble
    Thanks for listening!

Edited by Feizao on July 6, 2018 9:22AM
    PS4 NA lsoSO4P
    EP - Dark Elf - MagBlade Vamp
    EP - Nord - Stam/MagDk
    EP - Argonian - StamCro
    EP - Nord - StamPlar/Hybrid Healer
    AD - Khajit - StamBlade/Tank
    AD - Khajit - StormSorc/Hybrid WW
    DC - Breton - MagDen
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top Two Pain points:
    1. Vampire Lord Form: as this has been circulating in a few threads long-term, I am gonna be straight to the point, true in the lore of ESO vampire players have a weak strain of sorts, but like most forms of supernatural pestilence, they can mutate over time or even evolve through ritualistic means, mayhaps Vampire lord form could be acquired through a quest upon reaching max vampire rank where they must pay a 2nd visit to their blood matron to evolve their vampiric prowess further(and test the newfound power on even more worm cultists), seriously though, we are talking about the very first vampire in existence, you think she would have had enough power through her subjects to realise the vampiric potential of attaining vampire lord form.

but really, case & point, there needs to be a vampire lord form to be able to match werewolves on equal supernatural footing, I don't know for sure how it could be implemented, but either way, Putting in a vampire lord form as the ultimate(and potentially turning bat swarm & its morphs into a reworked active ability.) could bring in something new. only through the feedback of the community & ZOS's own meetings & discussions along with any notes of the class representatives, can it be perfected properly over time to be a permanent addition to ESO that people can choose to have not just for group, trials and solo content, but for a whole lot more.
    2. Fire weakness Deterrent: the vampires weakness to fire should be looked into, primarily because since stage 2 gives a 15% fire weakness straight off the bat(pun not intended) it is kind of near hard to mitigate through the champion tree(Elemental Defender), really though, it should be like this as a solution: stage 1: no fire weakness(default), Stage 2: 7.5% weakness to fire, Stage 3: 15% fire weakness (adding on 7.5 to 7.5), and then stage 4: 25% weakness to fire(stage 4 default, adding 10 to the 15%.) this could allow a full mitigation at stage 3 with 100 points in elemental defender, allowing most PvE'ers to do dungeons, trials and the maelstrom arena where some parts do almost purely fire damage and end up being too punishing for unprepared vampire players.

Other pain points:
    • Active Abilities: in supernatural comparison to werewolves, vampires have 2-3 active abilities less than werewolves, let alone class skill lines. As mentioned in the top two pain points, Vampire lord form could turn bat swarm(and morphs) from an ultimate ability, into a reworked active ability, thus ZOS employers would only have to fit in two active abilities instead of three(mind you it may be equally challenging to turn bat swarm from an ultimate to an active ability, but still.)
    • Health Recovery Determent & Unnatural resistance: Because the "Defile" Debuff is powerful on its own(alongside the Befoul Champion skill) it can be pretty bad in PVP in unintended ways for high stage vampires, but that is why as a plausible solution, Unnatural Resistance(which reduces the severity of the health recovery deterrent through stages 2 through 4) should also reduce the effectiveness of Defile Debuffs by a set percentage through stages 2 through 4.(say about 10% at stage 2, 20% at stage 3 and 30% at stage 4.) thus making it harder for non-vampires & werewolves to reduce a vampires health recovery. at least until the Defile Debuff can mathematically be adjusted to more friendlier terms PVP wise.
    • Undeath: not as painful a pain point as the others, but really, instead of working below 30%/50% health at rank, it should be 40%/60%, because figuratively, at rank 1/2 (currently) a vampire cannot gain the full effect of Undeath, how exactly are they going to numerically get the full 33% damage reduction while below 30% health? (mostly mathematically challenged here) but at 2/2, one can get the full 33% damage reduction below 50% health when sitting at or less than 17% health. if the 30/50% was changed to 40/60%, one can get the full damage reduction at 1/2 while at or less than 7% health while 2/2 can provide the full damage reduction when sitting on or less than 27% health. (I honestly do not know how the threshold works & the values here are just a rough estimate, but this is something to definitely look into.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    For the non vamp look they could add a stage 0 fully saitiated vamp which has your pre vamp look, normal eyes etc.

The crown skin that was available with the flame red eyes (Sorry I can't remember it's name) had an awesome preview - red glow behind vamp pupils etc. but the actual skin just has the fire glow eyes and ubersmooth skin.
    We need that behind pupil eye glow option maybe even with other vfx like flames, doom glow, frost mist, storm lightning, etc. for all vamps/magicka classes.