Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact vampire is melee oriented and doesn't have the very cool NPC bat swarm gap closer is such a large design flaw I don't understand why it isn't part of the kit.

Also: Why design a whole new Bat Swarm AoE that follows a target and give it to literally every NPC vampire and their mother, but not us?
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact vampire is melee oriented and doesn't have the very cool NPC bat swarm gap closer is such a large design flaw I don't understand why it isn't part of the kit.

Also: Why design a whole new Bat Swarm AoE that follows a target and give it to literally every NPC vampire and their mother, but not us?
    The bat swarm gap closer looks awesome both stamina and magic should have it stamina could be disease damage
  • Inyhel
    Inyhel
    ✭✭✭
    • I use stage 4 to bypass mobs and for Brotherhood stuff. Practically useless for combat.
    • In stage 3 most the times as the resource drain is just abouts manageable and a few vampire skills are still useful.
    • Stage 2 and 1 just look absolutely ridiculous so I wouldn't even consider it (seriously, what happened to vampires who blended into the normal population like in Skyrim. Now we have cringey beaming red eyes).
    • Ultimate is way too ugly to use

Blood frenzy + Eviscerate is my main combo. But without heavy support from another skill line it's completely useless for most builds.
    Therein lies the problem with the skills. There is a lack of synergy compared to other classes. Each has some sort of gimmicky vampire theme, but there's little practical use when putting them together. The passive skills like Mesmerize and Mist Form barely even work properly.

I wasn't around for pre-Greyoor vamp with Bat Swarm and the other gutted skills. Seems a shame. If you're not RP-ing like I am then this is simply a joke skill line.

• Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    It does not look like a vampire. It looks like deformed gargoyle that had a mishap at the nuclear plant.

The punishing drawbacks of being a vampire are not seen in any other skill line. Look at Psijic, Undaunted, Mages Guild, Fighters Guild etc. None of them are punishing for choosing a few of there skills or buffs, so why vampire? Why make is so miserable to try to work with?
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I though of some changes to vampire that I would want to see. First eviscerate should scale with your highest offensive stat or have a stamina morph. Second the vampire lord set is purely for magicka builds and vampire is not strictly magicka focused. This set has pretty huge potential for people that use simmering frenzy, you could reach very big stacks with the reduced cost and some self heals. I don't really have problems with the drawbacks, but most of the vampire skills are not very useful. I personally never go past vampire stage 2 because the passives beyond that point are not worth it for the drawbacks.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • harvey07
    harvey07
    ✭✭✭
    we should get stronger as we feed....as it is...it does not feel that way. the stage 'bonuses' are just not worth it right now. at higher stages we should heal more from our drain and do more damage from vamp skills.
  • ManM
    ManM
    ✭✭✭
    The in-game text would lead you to believe at least someone intended for vampires to get stronger when feeding. Given how the skills and stages wound up, stage 1 is much stronger than stage 4, so feeding should lead you to stage 1, rather than 4.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to play a vampire necromancer. Right now ZOS is making it unnecessarily hard. While I was not a fan of people being a vampire for mistform and passive, there's no good reason to penalize players for not using vamp skills at stage one with zero gain.
  • ParaViking
    ParaViking
    ✭✭✭
    Top two pain points:
    1. Health recovery at stage 4. -100% is silly. Having to chug a potion or two after taking fall damage sucks, or dismount and do the same sucks even worse.
    2. Any skill cost regular abilities is only punishing people and discouraging them from playing.

Both the above recommendations can be implemented quickly and with ease.

Just a few suggestion... May take a little more time...
    1. Remove the Undeath Passive so tanks don't feel forced into vampirisms.
    **Replace/change the Undeath passive to allow for 0% fall damage.
    2. Remove Blood Frenzy and morphs... It is just dumb...and there are any number of good ideas out there to replace the skill.
    3. Vampiric Drain need some kind of stun/slow to stamina morph, and a interrupt added to magic morph.
    4. The ultimate... I would change one of then to a defensive/escape ultimate with a heal. An alternative to running a Resto Ultimate on the back bar.

Best Regards
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    The current status of them is just bad. Now after the new potential 20 second update the only viable setup to use vampire is maybe for a melee magicka user and that's it. It's infuriating to see that even ww's are going to get an update with a slight buff while vampires got nerfed to hell and back and then just ignored altogether.

Magicka spammable is melee, at least make it have distance and players will use it, blood for blood is maybe ok w/ PvP but I'd LOVE a stamina morph.

Blood frenzy basically gives you buffs which aren't that strong anymore, consumes a lot and gives so many debuffs that only healers in 4-man content can use but not in too hard content otherwise they'd die.

Vampiric Drain and it's morphs are a joke. No damage, regeneration based of missing stuff so you should only use it in a tight spot and then it's just better to use vigor or something.

Mesmerize and the morphs are spot-on honestly. Great for CCing large packs of trash and that is the ONLY good skill.

Blood mist just gives you... 1k damage per second... to an enemy... not as a DOT but as a toggle so you can't do anything else, no damage reduction in PvE, no resource regeneration and no external healing. And now before update 35 it could only be viable for removing immobilizing effects and the 300 w/s damage for DOTs. And even now as DOTs will last longer you use it once every 20 seconds! No, I'm lying! You need to use it once, then dot dot dot dot then use it then dot dot dot dot then use it and then spam (I did not say dot a random amount of times, it was 2x4 for the new combat + the duration of the w/s damage effect)... I'd have no problem if it was a gap closer, I'd ditch 2h maelstrom for it. Double the strength of the buff after mist (so people don't over-abuse sneak in PvP with it) or make it give some form of lifesteal after the effect as well. I'd have no problem with even turning it into a dot aoe for some cool mist and then you can use other skills too.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.