Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – September 26, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
The purpose of this thread is to give you a place to post your current top two pain points with Vampires. Our new Class Representatives will be keeping a close eye on this thread, and will utilize it to gather additional feedback for the notes they’re currently compiling for their first meeting with the Dev Team next week. Please be sure and keep your post clear and succinct, and focus more on what is currently frustrating you rather than potential solutions. Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | Facebook | Twitter
Staff Post
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampire basics:
    Elusive Mist and Devouring Swarm (no one uses the other morphs)
    Even the drain, if used, is more likely the ult gen morph vs. the minor expedition morph (is that still the morph? I don't know anymore because it isn't useful.)

Also I know people have been asking for a proper 5 skills+ult for the vampire line. They'll will probably chime in soon.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    rework Mist Form to allow resource regen/healing, take normal damage, and give short snare/root immunity
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and make drain go through block
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has built their character entirely around the Vampiric skillset (as is demonstrated in my Sig), I believe most of the Vampiric abilities are very good and balanced as is (Devouring Swarm, both Morphs of Drain, and Elusive Mist are excellent abilities)...

However there are some things that (IMHO) need to be improved:

1) Baleful Mist...

This ability is simply not very good.

It is very slow, is very easy to evade by enemies, and even when combined with the Vampire Lord gear (which gives +400 spell damage to Vampiric Abilities) simply doesnt do significant damage (admittedly, I am judging it as pertains to PvP)...

Now its damage can cause certain sets to Proc (like Icehearts, Veli, or Grothdar) which is nice, but even with that its simply inferior to Elusive Mist...

IMO, the fix with this would be to increase Baleful Mists damage and/or increase its area of effect...

Alternatively, adding an AoE short duration snare would make this ability much more attractive as well...

2) The Vampire Lord gear itself...

The Vampire Lord gear gives the user +400 Spell Damage to Vampiric abilities and reduces the Cost of Vampiric abilities by 5%; this appears to be good, but there is another set in this game which buffs the Spell Damage of Vampiric abilities to the exact same degree as Vampiric Lord (War Maiden) with the added benefit of buffing the Spell Damage of all Magic Based abilities by 400 (and all Vampiric abilities are Magic based damage)...

In short, War Maiden is stepping on Vampire Lord's toes...

The fix to this would be to increase either the Spell Damage that Vampire Lord provides and/or increase the reduction to the Cost of Vampiric abilities (and IMHO this is reasonable as the gear can only buff a maximum of 3 abilities; War Maiden can buff a maximum of 12)...

Anyway, thats my two cents, and thanx for your time...

:)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 1, 2018 7:05AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Appearance. Yeah, nyah-nyah you chose to be a vampire just deal with it, etc. Don't like it on my characters, and don't like that it's required of anybody else. I know I'm fighting vamps in Cyrodiil, no need for a neon sign.

2. Give me somewhere else to get fast sneak speed and my nightblades might not choose vampire; I'd like that option. One of the green CP trees would be appropriate, I think. Give me somewhere else to get expedition and escape and my templar would definitely not be a vampire, it's very non-templar and I hate that combination a lot. Keep drain and mist and bats and and undeath all vampire-only, I'm not asking for the moon and stars, but those two things available in some other way would be a nice change, and mean fewer unhappy-to-be-here vamps.

I have three vampire characters, and no real complaints about the abilities or passives, or the fire or prismatic damage either, which balance it all out pretty well imo.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Undeath too strong
    2. New bats is absolutely terrible (meaning everyone runs devouring)
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • SidewalkChalk5
    SidewalkChalk5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra fire damage in pvp is a big deal as dawn breakers are prominent.

Fire damage needs reduction

Bruh... Dawnbreaker doesn't do fire damage. That was Skyrim, not ESO.
    XBOX ONE | NA | 1200+ CP

Magnielle | Aldmeri Dominion | High Elf | Templar | DPS/Healer | Grand Master Crafter | Former Emperor | The Flawless Conqueror
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: get rid of the non devouring swarm bats...make it go invisible again.

2: feeding on enemies should generate ultimate and debuff an opponent with fracture to make it more appealing in PvP
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Fire damage is way excessive for what I need vamp for and what it offers. There is absolutely no way for me to kill magedks in pvp. All I use vamp for is the reduced sneak speed because I enjoy the movement in stealth. Otherwise the game feels sluggish.

2. Wish there were better damage skills and more options. Drain is wonky and not really practical in pvp.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    1: get rid of the non devouring swarm bats...make it go invisible again.

2: feeding on enemies should generate ultimate and debuff an opponent with fracture to make it more appealing in PvP

You mean clouding swarm. Devouring swarm is actually a good ult.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    1. Fire damage is way excessive for what I need vamp for and what it offers. There is absolutely no way for me to kill magedks in pvp. All I use vamp for is the reduced sneak speed because I enjoy the movement in stealth. Otherwise the game feels sluggish.

2. Wish there were better damage skills and more options. Drain is wonky and not really practical in pvp.

Accelerating Drain is really good in PvP (IMHO) especially since:

1) You get the 20 seconds of Minor Expedition even if you immediately cancel out of the Drain...

2) This abilities Minor Expedition stacks with the Major Expedition provided by Elusive Mist...

3) This abilities Minor Expedition works while you are in stealth and if you are on horseback...

To each his own, but I think the ability is very good...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s