The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    1. Appearance
    2. Only mean to achieve fast sneak speed for group pvp

Agreed - my two biggest pain points as well.

Also, playing a magicka Templar in pvp, opinion on forums was go vampire or bust. I might drop Mist Form finally, reason being when 1vXed I die anyway. Like others have said, vampire is a crutch to make up for inherent class weaknesses (ran than a fun alternative path itself). Also going for undaunted as a tank with vampire sounds like a real pain (fire damage).

If you get your resistances and health high enough this is not even a weakness except maybe in pvp if you take too much fire damage. In pve being a strong vampire tank works fine and I know quite a few Tanks who prefer being a vampire in ALL scenarios.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • mattgproctorb14_ESO
    I know you said put two pain points, but I only have one. However, it's a pretty huge issue.

Please for the love of Talos do something so that vampirism is not required. My magicka sorcerer is not a vampire, and never will be a vampire, because I ****ing hate vampires. But every day in discord or in chat I hear "why aren't you a vampire" or "you'd do more dps as a vampire" or "how do you play as magicka without being a vampire?"

Just in the same way players resent that their character has to be so ugly because they took a REQUIRED skill line, I resent that the cost of having a nice looking character and not being a character I hate is to be less effective in PVE. I understand there are some drawbacks in PVP, but lots of people run Vampire there and feel it's necessary there as well.

Look, I enjoy this game, and it's my choice to be less effective JUST so I CAN HAVE A CHARACTER I ACTUALLY WANT, but if I had known Vampirism was going to be such a big deal, I'd have never bought the game years and years ago when it first came out.

This was the point that I hated when I played 5 years ago, it's a point of the game I hate now, and it's a point of the game I will continue to hate. Right now I have a guild that doesn't min max enough to care about the dps loss I have as a non vampire, but the day we progress enough that they do care, or I join a guild that does require without option Vampirism, I will quit the game and I am not even kidding. I hate vampires, I hate vampire lore, I hate the concept of vampires, I hate how vampires look in this game, I hated reading Dracula in high school, and I feel like I am being penalized for not doing all this **** I hate.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Increase the penalty. Force a skill slot to access passives.

They tried, Nobody want to give up a skill slot for 10% more magicka regen.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know you said put two pain points, but I only have one. However, it's a pretty huge issue.

Please for the love of Talos do something so that vampirism is not required. My magicka sorcerer is not a vampire, and never will be a vampire, because I ****ing hate vampires. But every day in discord or in chat I hear "why aren't you a vampire" or "you'd do more dps as a vampire" or "how do you play as magicka without being a vampire?"

Just in the same way players resent that their character has to be so ugly because they took a REQUIRED skill line, I resent that the cost of having a nice looking character and not being a character I hate is to be less effective in PVE. I understand there are some drawbacks in PVP, but lots of people run Vampire there and feel it's necessary there as well.

Look, I enjoy this game, and it's my choice to be less effective JUST so I CAN HAVE A CHARACTER I ACTUALLY WANT, but if I had known Vampirism was going to be such a big deal, I'd have never bought the game years and years ago when it first came out.

This was the point that I hated when I played 5 years ago, it's a point of the game I hate now, and it's a point of the game I will continue to hate. Right now I have a guild that doesn't min max enough to care about the dps loss I have as a non vampire, but the day we progress enough that they do care, or I join a guild that does require without option Vampirism, I will quit the game and I am not even kidding. I hate vampires, I hate vampire lore, I hate the concept of vampires, I hate how vampires look in this game, I hated reading Dracula in high school, and I feel like I am being penalized for not doing all this **** I hate.

I love you. May we be best friends, fellow Vampire-hater?
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how much dark elf flame resistance passive offset the 25% flame damage increase from being a vampire?

2079 resist is around 3 percent. so more like 22 percent more damage for dark elf instead 25.
  • Xarico
    Xarico
    ✭✭✭
    1) The feeding animation not doing any damage to the target. People can already oneshot weak humanoid NPCs with Blade of Woe; how unbalanced would it be to kill weak humanoid NPCs the vampire feeds on? The blood-drained victim being completely healthy, pissed, and ready to attack goes very much against the lore and the sense of immersion.

2) Since Blade of Woe shows us that synchronized, close-range animations are possible, why not make a new feeding animation of an actual bite (whether instead of the current animation or in addition to it)? Hell, it could even be sold for a small fee in the shop if it has to be justified financially. I'm sure many people would pay for it.
    Edited by Xarico on June 5, 2018 9:22PM
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. We hate the way vampires look.
    2. We hate the way vampires look.

On the off chance you want to know my top five "sticking points"

3. We hate the way vampires look.
    4. We hate the way vampires look.
    5. We hate the way vampires look.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could benefit from stam skills being added
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either remove the blood ritual cool down, or shorten it to at least a day per bite at level 10 in the vampire skill line.
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on June 6, 2018 11:15AM
  • HEXENWOLF
    HEXENWOLF
    ✭✭✭
    1. I don't like that vampirism is required for maximizing most builds. It would be one thing if I could choose to hide the appearance, but I can't and so I'm always forced into paying a dark, brooding character.
    2. I don't like that vampirism is infinitely better than lycanthropy. I'd rather they both provided the same bonuses or none at all. I know that seems boring but its silly to have such overwhelming disparity between the two.
    Edited by HEXENWOLF on June 6, 2018 8:03AM
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is fine, just add possibility to toggle on/off vampire appereance.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Ugly
    2. No real choice in skill morphs -- Elusive / Devouring clear winner. The stun skill sees basically no play.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Lack of active abilities.
    2. Doesn't alter the way you play the game. Looks more like a boring gimmick, rather than interesting option. Maybe allow abilities to cost your health instead of magicka/stamina. Add some ways to use your own health or health of your enemies as a resource.

Edited by Anhedonie on June 7, 2018 1:56PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just really want to be able to toggle on or off the pale skin. Makes all the face and tattoo customization useless.
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    Top two pain points

1. Vampire Skill Tree has been nerfed to be beyond useless at this point. The Bat Swarm Ult damage is not as good as it once was to the point where no one runs it. There are much better ults out there essentially making Bat Swarm a useless skill. Drain Essence hasn't been good since the "Stun Immunity" buff was added and the healing nerfed a few patches back. The only damage spell that isn't an ult as a vampire is pointless to run. Werewolves basic attacks in wolf form are far more powerful. They should be equal on the potential damage front with each other. Mist Form is a PvP only talent at this point too since you can't get far enough away from NPC mobs to disengage if you are using it to flee a fight you are being overwhelmed by. Vampire is essentially a passive only skill line at this point for anything that isn't PvP making it super boring.

2. The story element is very lacking. You get to meet a very interesting vampire, Lamae Bal, that gives you the 30 second rundown of her life and death then boom, you are done. While a full on Skyrim Dawnguard quest chain obviously would be a lot of work at this stage I still feel like there could be more, even if it was just the ability to go back to the Vampire base and talk with interesting Vampire NPCs that would make it feel more like part of the world rather than "go pick up this skill line then move on with your life"

With all the new skill points needed for the Psijic and Jewelry Crafting Skill lines, it was a no-brainer where to take them from.

Thank you for creating these Class Rep threads! It feels like these could be very useful and not just complaining for the sake of complaining.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: lack of skills. I would really love to see 5 skills and an ult. my dream would be to see vampire lord replace bat swarm as an ult and act like overload giving you vamp lord themed light and heavy attacks, and bat swarm to become a skill more akin to hurricane, drain to have its stun removed and just be a source of damage, a real stun/cc skill added, then a 5th skill of some kind.

2: vampire (and WW) should always have a sacrifice or general pain points, they should never be "obvious" choices for your characters, as in everyone is either a WW or a vampire because you would be stupid not to be one. but both the drawback and benefits should be broader in range so that everyone (should they want to) can be a vampire, tanks, healers, dps, etc. and all benefit and suffer equally.

btw, appearance is obvious so not listed, there ugly, not cool.
    Edited by Wing on June 9, 2018 10:22PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Feel that the 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is a bit excessive, and irrational.

25% is so much damage, plus the low health recovery.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who absolutely loves the way vampires look? :blush:

Am all for a toggle, though. That is probably the most requested single piece of feedback I've seen for anything. lmao

I Feel that the 25% extra flame damage that the Vampires take is a bit excessive, and irrational.

25% is so much damage, plus the low health recovery.

Eeehhhhh why? What do you want to do with a vamp that you feel you cannot currently do due to this drawback, but should be able to do, specifically?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, do you all hate the looks of all of the vamp stages, or just the 4th and most advanced stage? @casparian pointed out in the vampire feedback discord that the earlier stages might be more attractive to people, but that the last stage may be too grotesque.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eeehhhhh why? What do you want to do with a vamp that you feel you cannot currently do due to this drawback, but should be able to do, specifically?
    PVP vs. anyone using a flame staff. And enjoy mobility without giving magDKs a free Major Berserk.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampirism is way too strong with not enough drawbacks. This makes it mandatory for endgame PvE. 10% regen is equivalent to 43 CP points in the regen line or the entire racial regen passive of Altmer, Dunmer, and Breton. That's huge. The extra fire damage is easily mitigated with CP passives and the vampire's own damage reduction passive. Health regen is the worst stat in the game as all heals come in bursts in this game.

This would all be fine if vampirism didn't ruin your character's appearance. But this is an MMO. Character customization is half the fun of playing the game. I didn't spend hours in character creation and making an outfit to ruin it with vampirism.

So, please give us a way to hide the visual effects of vampirism or make it an actual choice with meaningful drawbacks. Because right now, if you want a fully min-maxed character you NEED vampirism. It's not a choice.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 10, 2018 7:16PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, do you all hate the looks of all of the vamp stages, or just the 4th and most advanced stage? @casparian pointed out in the vampire feedback discord that the earlier stages might be more attractive to people, but that the last stage may be too grotesque.

I hate all the stages. I spent hours in character creation making my character look the way I want. I don't want anything ruining that.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 10, 2018 7:18PM
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    1: lack of skills. I would really love to see 5 skills and an ult. my dream would be to see vampire lord replace bat swarm as an ult and act like overload giving you vamp lord themed light and heavy attacks, and bat swarm to become a skill more akin to hurricane, drain to have its stun removed and just be a source of damage, a real stun/cc skill added, then a 5th skill of some kind.

2: vampire (and WW) should always have a sacrifice or general pain points, they should never be "obvious" choices for your characters, as in everyone is either a WW or a vampire because you would be stupid not to be one. but both the drawback and benefits should be broader in range so that everyone (should they want to) can be a vampire, tanks, healers, dps, etc. and all benefit and suffer equally.

btw, appearance is obvious so not listed, there ugly, not cool.

The vampire lord transformation was given to harkon specifically
    And for the next power skip to 1:46
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6NXq8-0d1U
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on June 10, 2018 7:20PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampirism is way too strong with not enough drawbacks. This makes it mandatory for endgame PvE. 10% regen is equivalent to 43 CP points in the regen line or the entire racial regen passive of Altmer, Dunmer, and Breton. That's huge. The extra fire damage is easily mitigated with CP passives and the vampire's own damage reduction passive. Health regen is the worst stat in the game as all heals come in bursts in this game.

This would all be fine if vampirism didn't ruin your character's appearance. But this is an MMO. Character customization is half the fun of playing the game. I didn't spend hours in character creation and making an outfit to ruin it with vampirism.

So, please give us a way to hide the visual effects of vampirism or make it an actual choice with meaningful drawbacks. Because right now, if you want a fully min-maxed character you NEED vampirism. It's not a choice.

It's the exact opposite case in PvP -- prohibitively high drawbacks with insufficient actives and passives to justify them unless you're playing a VERY high health character who can sit in execute range for extended periods, or you're playing a spec who doesn't intend to actually fight other players, like a ganker or bomber. This is a major complaint of vampires right now -- unequal risks and rewards between PvE and PvP. We've definitely passed both sides of this pain point on to ZOS.

I hate all the stages. I spent hours in character creation making my character look the way I want. I don't want anything ruining that.

I spent hours in character creation making my character look just the way I want with vamp in mind, silver hair and the two bite marks on her neck, and all. :wink: The request for the toggle is also high on our wishlist for you guys. haha
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to see you look completely normal in all stages.

but being a vampire would unlock all the various skin, shader, eye options, etc. in the customization menu (where we chose skins and body markings, etc.)

this would be the PERFECT compromise and satisfy just about every vampire cosmetic problem and request. want to look normal? go for it. want just the eyes? go for it. full on stage 4 skin with stage 1 eyes? totally doable.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    [1] Its not really a "playstyle", but some extra reggen. Make it viable

[2] There should be more skills and more useful skills...
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. I hate how they look (stage 2-4)
    2. Make Clouding Swarm more useful.
    Playing since beta...
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires are everything in eso, everything else sucks, including vampires.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kojou wrote: »
    1. I hate how they look (stage 2-4)
    2. Make Clouding Swarm more useful.

Clouding swarm is simple make it so you don't need a target and increase the duration
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭

One word. Maelstrom.