Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

• Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Bring back the 15% passive stam regen like it was before the nerf.

Needing to have werewolf ult slotted for the passive doesn't really make sense.

I disagree, remember when 100% of people were WWs? Just because it gave a notable buff with literally 0 drawbacks.
    The only people that weren't wolves were people that felt like they absolutely needed to be vampires, usually for mist form.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think werewolf is all about scaling. From a max CP perspective it feels really strong. Some of the weaknesses (time in form, heal scaling off of magic, using two resources, etc) help to balance this out. Having a toggle or being in WW form on demand would be op allowing a player to build for WW only while giving up nothing in your human form.

With that said I think some of the issues people are having are because (i don't have experience with this since I always play CP read up top I am maxed) it doesn't scale well at low CP. I use pelinals and I almost feel ungodly in the middle of a zerg as I take so much damage and give so much damage. My heals are godly.
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    1.Lets us resurrect allies! Very important for PvE! Not many of the wolves here mentioned it but i think that is really important for a useability in groups (trial&vet dungeon)!!
    2. Give Werewolf an ability to gain uptime while in combat, active not passive. Current mainproblem for Werewolf and especially packleader Ultimate morph(wolves taunt off your targets), you dont get hit-> you dont gain WW-time which makes it stress and painful to play. Overall for better group ability it would be easier gaining the WW uptime while attacking and not being hit. (maybe 3s every 4s). Would still need devour or sometimes a leap to keep form but would be a _lot_ better playable solo and groupwise. Or change Call of the Pack passive to give more percent in WW uptime with already 2-3 wolves in group, 4 are too unlikely- ie 65%longer with 2 , 75% longer with 3 and maybe 85% with 4.

3. [bug-fix] Devour is currently far to complicated to use you need to aim extremely accurate and nothing is allowed to stand between you and your target- heavy throwback for the 2 wolves morph. Help would be again a change of the passiv of gaining WW uptime while attacking and not being hit.
    Edited by Lykanus on June 2, 2018 1:54AM
  • Sanguis_Tiberius
    Sanguis_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭
    1) Cost vs. Reward. We spend ~300 ult, lose a full skill bar and 2 ultimate slots to go into WW form. In form, you have 5 skills to work with and yes, some passive increases to armor and weapon damage. The kit available to fight with is extremely limited in comparison to non-WW players that have access to their full kit and maintain the same(if not higher) amounts of single target damage. Not to mention losing other utilities such as not rezzing players while in WW for.
    Cost:
    ~300 ult
    2 ult slots
    A full skill back at
    Increased damage to poisons
    A walking furry target

Reward:
    Passive improvements to armor and weapon damage
    Fun and somewhat unique gameplay

2) Similar to what others said: buggy gameplay. Switching in/out of form can be glitchy, light/heavy attacks miss far too consistently for no aparrent reason especially in pvp, animations stutter in combat, etc.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭
    TOP PAIN POINTS:

1. Synergy - both Feeding Frenzy and Devour are super clunky, can't find the "X" to activate

2. Group Utility - unable to taunt, unable to heal allies, unable to resurrect allies.

IDEAS:

Werewolf Ultimate:

Morph 1. PACK LEADER - the leader is the strongest and toughest of the pack= tanky leader = gain + XXX amount health?, gain minor protection?, gain resist elements (shock, cold, fire but not poison)?

--note- this option to be more durable and tank-like werewolf - thick fur?

Morph 2. RABID WOLF- crazy-wild- total kill machine = similar to current Beserker build - light and heavy attacks deal more damage ?, + gain bleed damage on light and heavy attacking?, + gain always on X% chance to resist snare or CC effects?

- note- this option to offer dps or healing options depending on your armor sets and weapons

note - choose between durability focus build or damage build

Skill- POUNCE (note : i love the jumping animation, especially in a group)

Morph 1 INSANE POUNCE = jump at enemy and howl to AoE taunt all enemies within X radius (5 meters?), + deal small X amount of AoE bleed DoT damage? this morph has shorter distance than morph 2?

note- would it be cool if WW was the unique skill line with an AoE taunt ability? A WW taunt would open up some interesting taunt-related armor set options: Tormentor, Undaunted Bastion, Curse of Dolymesh, and Vanguard's Legacy

Morph 2 RABID POUNCE = jump at enemy with increased X amount of distance?, + deal increased X amount of bleed damage within 5 meters?

note - choose between gap closer with small AoE taunt or a gap closer with longer range and more damage

Skill- HIRCINE'S BOUNTY

Morph 1 - Heal self?, + heal X amount of heal over time?, maybe lower the cost a tiny bit?

Morph 2 - Heal AoE /all Werewolves within X meters (10 meters?) - all werewolves including summoned wolves and non-group members

note - heals get + % increase based on number of werewolves within X meters -- including summoned pet werewolves

Skill - ROAR

Morph 1 - [ROAR OF TERROR - single target knockdown, + physical damage and +% damage if target under 25% health

Morph 2 - CALL OF THE WILD - summon 2 wolves to fight by your side for 20 seconds, wolves deal X amount bleed damage

note- choose between a single target damage skill with execute bonus or summon 2 wolves (which grant group bonuses to damage and healing through passives)

Skill - HOWL

Morph 1 - DEATH HOWL - AoE fear and AoE off balance and physical damage

Morph 2 - SLOBBERING HOWL - AoE fear and AoE disease damage

note - choose between direct physical damage or DoT damage

Skill - INFECTIOUS CLAWS

Morph 1 - CLAWS OF DEATH - deal single target physical and bleed damage and major defile

Morph 2 - CLAWS OF HORROR - deal bleed damage and AoE minor defile

note - choose between more single target damage or more group utility

PASSIVES:

only way to extend werewolf timer is to feed on corpses (i.e. Devour) --- which the synergy "box" must be enlarged and easier to use and each corpse should give 15-20 seconds extra instead of 12 seconds

feeding on a fresh corpse grants major expedition for X seconds?

bonus X amount of damage for every werewolf in your group (up to maximum of X % increase)

bonus damage versus Vampires!

bonus heal % for every werewolf within X radius -- including summoned wolves = this could really impact werewolf group healing ability
    Edited by TankHealz2015 on June 2, 2018 3:21PM
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. PvE performance I'm very much a newbie when it comes to Werewolves, but I feel as though being a WW in PvE content (dungeons and trials) is more detrimental than beneficial. The most glaring problem is not being able resurrect allies, particularly if you're running as DPS within the group, if the other DPS goes down (in 4-man dungeon), it's my responsibility to rez my group mate but I can't do that without wasting my morph. There are also other utility problems such as not being able to activate synergies which is important in group content. WW up-time and cost are also problems within group PvE content. During a boss battle, how am I to keep up-time on my form without putting myself, as well as group, in a poor position by trying to take AoE damage to activate the Blood Rage passive. The cost of transforming into WW is also too high in my opinion, why slot WW and deal with all the previous mentioned issues as well as having to rack-up 300 ultimate in order to even morph. Even worse, I can't gain Ultimate while in werewolf form, so I can't even try and counterbalance the cost while using my ultimate. So why deal with all that when I can just slot Flawless Dawnbreaker for great burst and only 125 Ultimate?

2. Hircine's Bounty - Either reduce the magicka cost by quite a bit, or change to stamina. 4.5k Magicka Heal on a skill line that's obviously geared towards stamina-based builds is pretty dang harsh.
    Edited by Raraaku on June 2, 2018 3:09PM
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Here's another idea:

What if Werewolf skill line was the first and only to have 3 morph options?

• SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Poor in PvE group content - no taunt, no rez, must rush ahead to be damaged by the next group and/ or lag behind to eat the last one. The group is forced to adjust to the WWs pace and generally receives little benefit (beyond DPS) from doing so. With the exception of queue-jumping fake tanks with no taunt and fake heals with no group heal, it's likely the most obviously selfish build you can run. Consequently, I level (solo grind) most of my new toons as WW, and then respec once they hit 50.

2. In PvP, WW is an obvious and easily called target. While not really a pain point, this is a difficult to quantify but very real weakness that should be considered in balancing.
  • AlphaWolfBeast
    AlphaWolfBeast
    Soul Shriven
    1. Increase the duration of wolf form, the up time is too short.
    2. Make it possible to sneak in wolf form
    3. Werewolf Taunt skill or Morph
    4. Shorter feeding animation
    5. Ability to detect stealthed and invisible enemies in Wolf form with a new skill or Morph similar to the Expert hunter skill.
    6. Should be able to revive players, and craft in wolf form.
    7. Decrease the cost of werewolf stam abilities
    8. Add a regular wolf form, the players should be able to turn into an actual wolf like Songamdir from the werewolf quest line.
    9. Changes in human characteristics to show that you are a werewolf, perhaps the more you use wolf the more feral your human form will become, glowing eyes, fangs,claws.
    10. Werewolf skins in the crown store for wolf from like a Skyrim or Faolchu undead werewolf skin. Werewolf personalities should also be in the crown store letting players run on all floors, howl, and do claw attack's as a human, also add a Werewolf lord skin please
    11. Infinite wolf in PVE only zones, a lot of us only play ESO to role play as werewolves please give us infinite wolf in PVE zones or at least let us have infinite wolf in are own homes so our packs can have Werewolf tournaments there.
    12. Make Werewolf Toggle, Werewolf needs to be a part of the character, it needs to feel like a curse or gift that truly defines the character, therefore we should be able to change at will and stay In wolf form without having to worry about duration.
    13. Infinite wolf in full moons
    14. Feral changes, when a lycanthrope character gets his health low he should have a 15% chance to change into his wolf form and be stuck in that form for 2 minutes.
    I know this is a lot of suggestions but these are all the suggestions that my pack had for werewolf, most of them have trouble getting into the forums so I made this list for them please consider these suggestions and thank you for taking the time to read them
  • AlphaWolfBeast
    AlphaWolfBeast
    Soul Shriven
    5. Ability to detect stealthed and invisible enemies in Wolf form with a new skill or Morph similar to the Expert hunter skill.
    8. Add a regular wolf form, the players should be able to turn into an actual wolf like Songamdir from the werewolf quest line.
    9. Changes in human characteristics to show that you are a werewolf, perhaps the more you use wolf the more feral your human form will become, glowing eyes, fangs,claws.
    10. Werewolf skins in the crown store for wolf from like a Skyrim or Faolchu undead werewolf skin. Werewolf personalities should also be in the crown store letting players run on all floors, howl, and do claw attack's as a human, also add a Werewolf lord skin please
    11. Infinite wolf in PVE only zones, a lot of us only play ESO to role play as werewolves please give us infinite wolf in PVE zones or at least let us have infinite wolf in are own homes so our packs can have Werewolf tournaments there.
    12. Make Werewolf Toggle, Werewolf needs to be a part of the character, it needs to feel like a curse or gift that truly defines the character, therefore we should be able to change at will and stay In wolf form without having to worry about duration.
    14. Feral changes, when a lycanthrope character gets his health low he should have a 15% chance to change into his wolf form and be stuck in that form for 2 minutes.
    I know this is a lot of suggestions but these are all the suggestions that my pack had for werewolf, most of them have trouble getting into the forums so I made this list for them please consider these suggestions and thank you for taking the time to read them

Form* fours* I understand there's a lot of typos so please forgive me for that, I had a large list of suggestions from my pack members that's why it's more than 2 points since most of my members don't have a forum account so I made these suggestions on their behalf, thank you very much for reading.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    There is only 1 true issue with Werewolves In my mind: synergy!
    Feeding is still clunky.
    Can't rez.
    Can't activate any other synergies.
    Fear! (In PVE is a detriment)
    A Stam focus with a magicka buffed heal! ( I'm happy with it Costing magicka)

Note: will continue to pve a werewolf!
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the most common problem we're facing is the uptime and the clunkyness of the devour animation. But also, let's not forget that you need to waste an ultimate slot just to get that 5% more benefit vs vampire's two resource bonuses which I don't see the point hence why Werewolf transformation should be tied in Synergy button like Vamp's feed. Also players only go for werewolf for role playing aspect instead of gameplay because vampire is more superior in every way compared to werewolves, no brainer there.

Why is devour troublesome?
    • You need to be in an exact one spot position in order to devour (3rd person is an Off-set crosshair = Innacurate, first person WW could fix this problem)
    • Devour animation is too sensitive to movement
    • Sometimes requires you to press multiple times

How to fix it? If there would be no changes in WW duration then,

Devour should be Auto
    • Add an execute ability that will auto auto-devour killed enemy (add some gory effects too as we rip a victim off!)
      "This can either be instant refill with no animation/short animation or add immunity plus defensive bonuses while devouring."
    Pact Leader needs a rework
    • Pact Leader's Hircine's Bounty should add some timer for nearby werewolves
      "This will introduce a more pact mentality when running WW."

That said, changes should also be minimal because with the introduction of summerset, werewolves' basic attacks are much more powerful in this patch.

Edited by Perwulf on June 3, 2018 2:51AM
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • TaigaStrider
    TaigaStrider
    ✭✭✭
    1. Time in werewolf form is too short. I often run out of time at the most inopportune times. Perhaps a toggle?
    2. The werewolf model is very...male. As someone who plays a female character, it's a bit of an eyesore. I know this is just a cosmetic issue, but one that does bother me. Perhaps a new model for females?
    In-Game Username - @WanderMyst
    EP Roleplayer
    Primary RP Guild: House Tavari

Nahrani - Khajiit - Melancholic and Conservative Dres Slave
    Hugs-Like-Steel - Argonian - Dres Hireling & Ex-Telvanni Battlemage with Power Issues
    Xul-Deelith - Argonian - Fate-Cursed Archein & Dres Vanguard
    Tarvyn Verelnim - Dunmer - Idealistic Imperial City Survivor & Indoril Mercenary
    Shanji Marsh-Boots - Khajiit - Marsh-Rot-Afflicted Former AD Vanguard in Operation Merciful Reduction
    Ja'Khari - Khajiit - Child-Prodigy Marsh Cartographer & Information Broker
    Nelanwen the Raven - Altmer - Narcissistic Former AD Sentry in Operation Merciful Reduction
    Twendil - Altmer - Former AD Shiphand in Operation Merciful Reduction & Shanty-Singing Operator of the Happy Hulkynd
    Cotter Georick - Breton - Simple-Minded Miner
    Celsus Scotti - Imperial - Overweight, Embezzling, Pacifistic, Alteration-Casting Imperial Geographical Society Member
    Mouse - Khajiit - Former AD Assassin in Operation Merciful Reduction & Skooma-Addicted Beggar
    Parvus Viro - Imperial/Bosmer - A Very Short Resolute of Stendarr and Apologist of Man

"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible." - Farengar Secret-Fire
  • Xylthax
    Xylthax
    ✭✭✭
    I don't personally play a wolf due to how many drawbacks there are, but after reading all the problems dealing with not being able to rez, I think it'd be stupid fun if instead of 'rezzing', you can devour your allies to have them instantly respawn as wolves. Then they just have to survive for 5-15secs before returning to normal. Stamina players could hit harder in wolf form, which would essentially turn the rez into an ally buff, I believe that would really make the ww ult truly powerful.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xylthax wrote: »
    I don't personally play a wolf due to how many drawbacks there are, but after reading all the problems dealing with not being able to rez, I think it'd be stupid fun if instead of 'rezzing', you can devour your allies to have them instantly respawn as wolves. Then they just have to survive for 5-15secs before returning to normal. Stamina players could hit harder in wolf form, which would essentially turn the rez into an ally buff, I believe that would really make the ww ult truly powerful.

You actually can eat your allies, it just won't rez them :)

Interesting idea.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Time in werewolf form is too short. I often run out of time at the most inopportune times. Perhaps a toggle?
    2. The werewolf model is very...male. As someone who plays a female character, it's a bit of an eyesore. I know this is just a cosmetic issue, but one that does bother me. Perhaps a new model for females?

Aren't werewolves designed sexless?
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • HackTheMinotaur
    HackTheMinotaur
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. WW play style is ultimately too one dimensional to be fun and engaging. Only 1 bar and lack of real morph choices? No thanks. I’ve tried WW on many different classes and just get bored in the end. Please consider revamping the WW mechanism completely. Suggestion: shorten the ultimate cost to 150 but cap the form time at 20 seconds. Make it about taking buffs from WW form back into Human form and vice versa. Check out @Gilliamtherogue and his WW guide as I think he makes a good case for this.

2. Last I checked racial passives disappeared while in WW form. I understand from a lore perspective why that would make sense, but in terms of creating unique builds it’s a real let down. Red guard for a sustain WW build? Nope. Nord for a Health recovery build? Nope. It’s limiting.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    1. Animations. Hircine's Bounty and Roar animations take longer to complete than other similar skills. Light and Heavy attacks have a weird feel/timing issue, especially heavy attacks against moving players. Devour synergy takes too long to use in combat, and if a player releases during it will cancel the effect (and it is difficult to activate in the first place). Werewolves just walk around and stand normally while feared, which makes it difficult to tell what is happening to your character. Similarly there is no animation for capturing a relic. The stun when werewolf expires feels excessively long. Overall the gameplay experience just doesn't feel as smooth as other classes.
    2. Utility. There are few things more frustrating than transforming only to be immediately spammed with stun, roots, snares and dying. However, one of them is transforming and having your opponent go stealth/invisible and just wait for your werewolf to expire. It would be great if we had a counter to any of these besides potions.

Honestly I'd rather not see Werewolves undergo any kind of overhaul or significant buffs. They really just need a little finessing to make them more enjoyable to play.

A couple of people have mentioned clunky animations. That's one of my major gripes with playing werewolf. Roar, bounty, and heavy attacks all have long animations. Noted.

I've received a couple really interesting suggestions for the Devour synergy. What do you think of it adding time to your werewolf transformation in several ticks over the duration of the synergy, like a heal over time but for your timer duration? That way, you can benefit from it even if enemies despawn or res during the duration. One person suggested it give resources back as well.

I'll note missing animations such as fear and capping a relic as well.

Invisibility and kiting with roots and snares are supposed to be classic counterplay to werewolves, but I understand how frustrating and one-sided cloak can be. What ideas have you had to address this specifically?

I've received a ton of feedback that werewolf-loyal players do not want large reworks or overhauls -- just quality of life fixes and updates to the current state of the game. I will convey this message. List out as many specifics as you can for bugs and clunky features which you would like addressed.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lykanus wrote: »
    1.Lets us resurrect allies! Very important for PvE! Not many of the wolves here mentioned it but i think that is really important for a useability in groups (trial&vet dungeon)!!
    2. Give Werewolf an ability to gain uptime while in combat, active not passive. Current mainproblem for Werewolf and especially packleader Ultimate morph(wolves taunt off your targets), you dont get hit-> you dont gain WW-time which makes it stress and painful to play. Overall for better group ability it would be easier gaining the WW uptime while attacking and not being hit. (maybe 3s every 4s). Would still need devour or sometimes a leap to keep form but would be a _lot_ better playable solo and groupwise. Or change Call of the Pack passive to give more percent in WW uptime with already 2-3 wolves in group, 4 are too unlikely- ie 65%longer with 2 , 75% longer with 3 and maybe 85% with 4.

3. [bug-fix] Devour is currently far to complicated to use you need to aim extremely accurate and nothing is allowed to stand between you and your target- heavy throwback for the 2 wolves morph. Help would be again a change of the passiv of gaining WW uptime while attacking and not being hit.

These pain points have been huge in the discord.

Ressing allies and activating synergies have been at the tops of everyone's lists and is noted.

An active way to gain werewolf duration in combat is also way up there. I haven't seen consensus on a particular method, though. Dealing damage and activating abilities are the two most discussed methods. How would you argue werewolves should be able to add to their transformation durations while remaining balanced and within the theme?

What other additions or fixes to Devour would you like to see? It's too critical to werewolves thematically to allow for werewolves to play without thinking of or searching for opportunities to use it, but most werewolf feedback has preferred positive rewards for using Devour successfully versus negative punishments for failing to use it for a period of time during combat.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Form* fours* I understand there's a lot of typos so please forgive me for that, I had a large list of suggestions from my pack members that's why it's more than 2 points since most of my members don't have a forum account so I made these suggestions on their behalf, thank you very much for reading.

I have read and noted them. Thanks for taking the time to gather and type them out. :)
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility and kiting with roots and snares are supposed to be classic counterplay to werewolves, but I understand how frustrating and one-sided cloak can be. What ideas have you had to address this specifically

Passive detection, but only in melee range. Basically a permanent detect pot with only 6-7m range. That way a NB can not cloak right in front of your nose(WW's should have a strong sense of smell), but it is still possible to cloak away after creating distance (using shade to teleport, fearing the WW and rolling in the opposite direction, or jumping off a ledge).

This mimicks the way non-werewolves are dealing with melee-range cloaks. For example, my mDK uses volatile armor that instantly uncloaks any invisible enemy in melee range, stamsorcs use hurricane, etc.
    Edited by Sharee on June 4, 2018 5:40AM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lykanus wrote: »

These pain points have been huge in the discord.

1. Ressing allies and activating synergies have been at the tops of everyone's lists and is noted.

2. An active way to gain werewolf duration in combat is also way up there. I haven't seen consensus on a particular method, though. Dealing damage and activating abilities are the two most discussed methods. How would you argue werewolves should be able to add to their transformation durations while remaining balanced and within the theme?

3. What other additions or fixes to Devour would you like to see? It's too critical to werewolves thematically to allow for werewolves to play without thinking of or searching for opportunities to use it, but most werewolf feedback has preferred positive rewards for using Devour successfully versus negative punishments for failing to use it for a period of time during combat.

2a) Call of the Pack passive can be increased, as a group of Werewolves becomes weaker and not stronger compared to a "mixed" group of players.
    2b) Having a group heal and a forced taunt based on certain conditions (pack leader morph/ having killed an enemy) would increase the WW´s threat level, and more mobs hitting you = longer duration in Werewolf form.

3) Devour should provide for major expedition and a weak HoT for 20 seconds.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics
    Amazing work gathering all information. Keep it up :)

I´ll re-write my key concerns at the moment (not including the ones I´ve written on the discord):

1. Animations:
    Many animations are really clunky and doesn´t fit into the "fast-paced combat" philosophy. Heavy attack animation takes very long to wind up, which would be ok if it actually could hit moving targets move reliable. Same issue goes for the light attacks. These are very effective a "spammable" DPS tool. We all know how strife had a very clunky animation before it changed in Summerset. Werewolf light attacks has a similar issue. If you time your clicks with left mouse button (I´m on PC) wrong (either pressing too fast or too slow) will cause the next light attack not to be fired, similar to old strife where the next light attack wouldn´t go off if you timed it wrong.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with most of these awesome suggestions! :)

Yes please let us resurrect players and use synergies! This is my first point.

And yes I would like to see a change in the way we keep werewolf form/spend ultimate. For instance, I love the idea of it being similar to Overload, make it a toggle, and we keep form as long as we generate ultimate. My second point.

Suggestions:
    Vampires have buffs active all the time, we should have some passives that work out of form permanently as well! Just having a little extra stamina recovery for slotting the ultimate is really not much to write home about.

As @TaigaStrider said, it would be nice to have a more feminine shape for our form on female characters. I have suggested this a few times over the years. Even if we were just a little smaller, that would suffice, rather than have all of us look the exact same :)

2HF2Ar6.gif
    Edited by Glaiceana on June 4, 2018 10:25AM
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »

And yes I would like to see a change in the way we keep werewolf form/spend ultimate. For instance, I love the idea of it being similar to Overload, make it a toggle, and we keep form as long as we generate ultimate. My second point.

Suggestions:
    Vampires have buffs active all the time, we should have some passives that work out of form permanently as well! Just having a little extra stamina recovery for slotting the ultimate is really not much to write home about.

As @TaigaStrider said, it would be nice to have a more feminine shape for our form on female characters. I have suggested this a few times over the years. Even if we were just a little smaller, that would suffice, rather than have all of us look the exact same :)

2HF2Ar6.gif

Vampire have permanent boosts because they have permanent drawbacks. Giving permanent boosts to werewolf would be unfair and only encourage being a werewolf, not playing as one and using the ultimate.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Argonianwerecroc212
    1. Give werewolf sneak 2. Let us revive allies 3. Make werewolf time longer. 4. More wereforms even if it's just cosmetic(this won't probably happen but hopefully it does it fit lore I personally suggest a strictly cosmetic werecrocodile form in crownstore that you could activate)
  • Argonianwerecroc212
    Also a buff with salvation set could help players choose this set for their werewolf characters
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭

A couple of people have mentioned clunky animations. That's one of my major gripes with playing werewolf. Roar, bounty, and heavy attacks all have long animations. Noted.

I've received a couple really interesting suggestions for the Devour synergy. What do you think of it adding time to your werewolf transformation in several ticks over the duration of the synergy, like a heal over time but for your timer duration? That way, you can benefit from it even if enemies despawn or res during the duration. One person suggested it give resources back as well.

I'll note missing animations such as fear and capping a relic as well.

Invisibility and kiting with roots and snares are supposed to be classic counterplay to werewolves, but I understand how frustrating and one-sided cloak can be. What ideas have you had to address this specifically?

I've received a ton of feedback that werewolf-loyal players do not want large reworks or overhauls -- just quality of life fixes and updates to the current state of the game. I will convey this message. List out as many specifics as you can for bugs and clunky features which you would like addressed.

Thanks for listening!

I like the idea of Devour ticking several times. What if in addition, we had the option to continue holding it until the WW timer was full? This would make it more useful as a post-combat way to extend WW to the next fight. It could also restore resources. Another idea would be to make it more of a quick bite that could be quickly activated in combat, but this would also require making it less difficult to target and activate.

What if activating the transformation gave a very brief CC immunity? It makes sense that a "Werewolf Berserker" would be difficult to slow down. Even just a couple of seconds would help eliminate that feeling of wasting your ultimate. Or heck, if the stun from transforming just triggered the normal CC immunity timer.

Stealth detection is tricky. A passive would be too much, unless someone got really creative. Maybe the Roar base skill could reveal hidden enemies for a second or two? Or, Roar could do a small amount of area damage so it could knock them out of stealth that way? It wouldn't be the greatest, but it is better than nothing.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

Suggestions:

2HF2Ar6.gif

Vampire have permanent boosts because they have permanent drawbacks. Giving permanent boosts to werewolf would be unfair and only encourage being a werewolf, not playing as one and using the ultimate.

Well in that case, the fair trade off would be we keep our weakness to poison and fighters guild skills no? :) IF it was ever implemented, it would need to be carefully introduced, else it will also have the opposite effect as well, causing no one to play it because of the draw backs.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

Suggestions:

2HF2Ar6.gif

Well in that case, the fair trade off would be we keep our weakness to poison and fighters guild skills no? :) IF it was ever implemented, it would need to be carefully introduced, else it will also have the opposite effect as well, causing no one to play it because of the draw backs.

There is a thematic difference here as well, manifesting in the functionalities of the two afflictions. Vampires are always vampires. They always have the benefits and the costs and the abilities available. It’s a continuous state with no fluctuations in combat — only the changing stages over long periods of time, but let’s be honest, how much do those really impact single fights? Werewolf is a completely separate state from the player character which you morph into, radically changing how your character plays for short periods of time. Werewolf turns on and off. To create more passives in human form would blur the lines between the two separate play styles of the afflictions.

Is this necessarily a bad thing? I don’t know. You all tell me what you think. If zos one day implements greater significance for the vampire stages or a vampire lord to morph into, then that would also blur the lines.

Food for thought.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion: