The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Class Rep] Werewolf Feedback Thread

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Light attack damage needs a bit of a buff on WW. It's our primary attack.
    2. There are times when immediately after activating the ultimate, I'll revert back to human form. This happens infrequently, but still more than once per week. Wasting 300 Ultimate really sucks.
    3. Pounce - It needs some tweaking. It would be cool if the morphs were a little less underwhelming and the skill was a little more useful.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Werewolf up time is atrociously small when playing as the only werewolf in the group. Like, I can't even keep it up the entire length of a boss fight solo, let a lone in a group when the tank is doing their job.

2) Transforming into and out of werewolf form takes far too long in PvE, and it completely destroys dps scores. The animation should be shorter, or there should be a damage component to it so that dps doesn't fall off a cliff when transforming.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Argonianwerecroc212
    Also it would be cool if they made packleader direwolves little Grey werewolves to make it more realistic
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    How would you argue werewolves should be able to add to their transformation durations while remaining balanced and within the theme?

What other additions or fixes to Devour would you like to see? It's too critical to werewolves thematically to allow for werewolves to play without thinking of or searching for opportunities to use it, but most werewolf feedback has preferred positive rewards for using Devour successfully versus negative punishments for failing to use it for a period of time during combat.

Well i think it would be good first to have a more reliable control of your WW time. In group-play you will usually find the following scenario: If everything goes right the tank has the main attention. However WW need to be hit to stay longer in form which is, well i think they dont want to see transformed WW as tanks and so a taunt will not likely come. But i am guessing here just ZOS intention.

A maybe creative solution,
    if active gaining WW time while attacking feels wrong for ZOS,
    could be: we know ZOS likes to strengthen synergies.
    You could suggest that a Werewolf gains back WW Time every time he uses a synergy, of course he would be first need to be able to use them all. Would fix 2 problems at once.
    Would reward group play,
    would reward using synergies and should WW makes able to stay a fight transformed while not being served for free,
    means is a reward for using a skilled gameplay. But it would need to give back enough time that you can realistically go in a 4 player group staying transformed even while alone. Would also fit the theme as a "pack"/group/action serves the werewolf staying with his group.

I dont exactly know , maybe other can help... using every 12-15s a synergy would be realistic?

For devour it just needs to be easier to use, not such a hassle with accurate aiming while nothing is in the way, if there's a corpse on the floor you should be able to devour it without much micromanaging until maybe even the corpse despawns.

Edited by Lykanus on June 5, 2018 8:02PM
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    1- Ulti too expensive
    2- can't sneak, res or use sinergies
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Bugs (Unchained passive, small wolfs respawn, etc) and inconsistency.
      I specifically combined them into one point, because there is a very thin line between them. The inability to resurrect the allies is a bug or a feature? Inability to use synergies except Devour and Feeding Frenzy? It should be clear.
    2. I think it is critically important for subclass of five skills that all morphs of these skills are valuable.
      It seems to me that Brutal Pounce, Hircine's Fortitude, Howl of Despair (and maybe a few more) are weak compared to another morphs. I can be wrong in this matter, because everyone plays in their own way. But I just want developers to pay special attention to the balance of such a small number of skills.
    Everything is viable
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lykanus wrote: »

A maybe creative solution,
    if active gaining WW time while attacking feels wrong for ZOS,
    could be: we know ZOS likes to strengthen synergies.
    You could suggest that a Werewolf gains back WW Time every time he uses a synergy, of course he would be first need to be able to use them all. Would fix 2 problems at once.
    Would reward group play,
    would reward using synergies and should WW makes able to stay a fight transformed while not being served for free,
    means is a reward for using a skilled gameplay. But it would need to give back enough time that you can realistically go in a 4 player group staying transformed even while alone. Would also fit the theme as a "pack"/group/action serves the werewolf staying with his group.

I dont exactly know , maybe other can help... using every 12-15s a synergy would be realistic?

For devour it just needs to be easier to use, not such a hassle with accurate aiming while nothing is in the way, if there's a corpse on the floor you should be able to devour it without much micromanaging until maybe even the corpse despawns.

That's actually a very good idea.
    8 sec/synergy (not counting call of the pack) while keeping the current timer on damage received, would already be a nice start.
    Edited by Aznox on June 6, 2018 5:15AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. You shouldn't be able to FEAR a werewolf, it's really, REALLY ridiculous that this is even possible. Maybe that and/or a general snare/root decrease bonus, like some sets have (because we can't purge them etc.).

2. Sneak/sneak detection. Everyone who ever saw a werewolf movie, knows they suddenly can jump you out of nowhere. Add sneak to werewolves - at least if you'll keep us "fear'able". If you are a psychotic berserker werewolf who can't sneak, you shoudn't be able to be feared either - and the other way around. If you are sensible enough to be able of fear, you should be able to sneak.
    And common.... SNEAKING up on a canine animal? A werewolf? In any kind of lore, werewolves have super hearing/vision/sense of smell. Increase sneak detection to at least 100% or normal human form.
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    1. You shouldn't be able to FEAR a werewolf, it's really, REALLY ridiculous that this is even possible. Maybe that and/or a general snare/root decrease bonus, like some sets have (because we can't purge them etc.).

I mentioned earlier that WW doesn't even have an animation for being feared. This is a good point. Maybe there is no animation because it makes no sense!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well here are the results:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/418184/class-reps-meeting-notes-june-7/p1

lqVvT1o.png
    vgqLNg3.png

To be totally honest, I am disappointed by this. Most of what is down as what we apparently "don't want" is actually what most werewolf players want that I have seen.
    Actual gameplay mechanic issues are labelled as only "Quality of Life" concerns.
    But I am happy that they seem to be looking into ways to increase our timer, such as doing damage or using skills, and looking into a possible way to keep form. But these are the only things that I see from our suggestions that have been considered.
    "Werewolves like feeling special"?
    "Werewolves DO NOT want to even to get directly competitive dps"?
    I agree I don't think we should become the new meta, but the fact is that you don't see werewolves used in PvE barely at all. People out rightly get kicked for using werewolf in content.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the recap to be spot on except maybe for magicka roar that isn't really needed.
    Good job by the reps overall :)

Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/418184/class-reps-meeting-notes-june-7/p1

lqVvT1o.png
    vgqLNg3.png

To be totally honest, I am disappointed by this. Most of what is down as what we apparently "don't want" is actually what most werewolf players want that I have seen.
    Actual gameplay mechanic issues are labelled as only "Quality of Life" concerns.
    But I am happy that they seem to be looking into ways to increase our timer, such as doing damage or using skills, and looking into a possible way to keep form. But these are the only things that I see from our suggestions that have been considered.
    I agree I don't think we should become the new meta, but the fact is that you don't see werewolves used in PvE barely at all. People out rightly get kicked for using werewolf in content.

@Glaiceana how do you get competitive to endgame dps without already beefing up their already impressive burst? So what else could we suggest to help out on the pve relm of things? Unique synergies and damage buffs is a suggestion. The ability to give more power to the overall group.

I don't think werewolf dps should be left in the dust, but there is larger prey and the hunt calls.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

lqVvT1o.png
    vgqLNg3.png

@Glaiceana how do you get competitive to endgame dps without already beefing up their already impressive burst? So what else could we suggest to help out on the pve relm of things? Unique synergies and damage buffs is a suggestion. The ability to give more power to the overall group.

I don't think werewolf dps should be left in the dust, but there is larger prey and the hunt calls.
    Well mainly it would be sustain and yes using synergies. I don't think endgame dps is viable, like I said, don't want werewolf to become the "meta", I agree with that. But surely something can be done to have good dps for a sustained fight, not just burst.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

lqVvT1o.png
    vgqLNg3.png

Well mainly it would be sustain and yes using synergies. I don't think endgame dps is viable, like I said, don't want werewolf to become the "meta", I agree with that. But surely something can be done to have good dps for a sustained fight, not just burst.

What do you consider good dps? Just curious.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear. As a werewolf fan, seeing what ZOS believes we want is... not leaving me hopeful for the future. What I'd want -- and I saw was popular -- was a decisive state for the werewolf as a stamina creature to counter the vampire's magicka state. Which would mean for the heal to become stamina-based. Instead, we'll be getting another ability moving over to magicka to confuse what werewolf is supposed to be even more?

Wasn't the point of werewolf/vampire that one is for magicka, and the other is for stamina? If not, then both werewolf and vampire need a large rework to allow for magicka characters to play magicka werewolves and for stamina characters to play stamina vampires. Which would require a complete rework of werewolf, which is apparently also undesirable.

I think things are just going to get worse for poor werewolves.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AuldWolf wrote: »
    Oh dear. As a werewolf fan, seeing what ZOS believes we want is... not leaving me hopeful for the future. What I'd want -- and I saw was popular -- was a decisive state for the werewolf as a stamina creature to counter the vampire's magicka state. Which would mean for the heal to become stamina-based. Instead, we'll be getting another ability moving over to magicka to confuse what werewolf is supposed to be even more?

Wasn't the point of werewolf/vampire that one is for magicka, and the other is for stamina? If not, then both werewolf and vampire need a large rework to allow for magicka characters to play magicka werewolves and for stamina characters to play stamina vampires. Which would require a complete rework of werewolf, which is apparently also undesirable.

I think things are just going to get worse for poor werewolves.

Could you elaborate more on what you would want to see from the werewolf?
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lqVvT1o.png
    vgqLNg3.png

Not wanting WW to become overpowered in pvp is a big concern, huge damage with a CC that goes through block and major defile for free. Only 5 skills with no bar swapping means a very low skill ceiling. So creating a system that's trivially easy to use while being absurdly strong is a real danger.
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    WW is DPS wise not in a bad spot. You wont be currently near breaking any damage records or being on Top-Lists but its acceptable for many Endgame PvE Content. The really concern about WW is currently its inability to play in group content. If you do your things right and buff, build and gear for Werewolf you'll of course suffer dps wise in Human form.
    If you look for best human dps however your transformation is crappy then. So you need to be able to fight in PvE as wolf in a group and i think the concern was brought up right.
    Edited by Lykanus on June 9, 2018 6:17PM
  • Osubaker33
    Osubaker33
    ✭✭✭
    There is quite a bit of room for improvement in WW in the lesser used morphs. These underutilized morphs also provide an opportunity to help ww in PVE without making them even stronger in PVP

1. Pounce just needs to be completely reworked. WW shouldn't have to rely on backing away and pouncing to extend ww uptime. This whole mechanic just needs to go. With the nerf in damage to gap closers the two morphs of Pounce are an oppportunity to provide utility, cc, stuns, etc.

2. Hircines Bounty - one morph should stay magica based, be a much more powerful heal rewarding the WW that spreads their stats out and invests in both weapon power/spell power and stamina/magica. This might also provide healing to one other target giving the ww a little utility in a group setting.

The other morph should be a weaker scaling stamina option.

3. Roar - with the changes to offbalance and new lengthy off balance immunity times this skill needs some work. Perhaps leave rousing roar as it is, it does provide major brutality to the group, and just change the other morph. Ferocious Roar could be the new Taunt for WW. Lower the base cost of this skill by 20%

4. Howl of Dispair - Increase the feeding frenzy bonus to 20%. Would be great for group play.
    Howl of Agony - leave as is

5. Claws of Anguish - leave as is, this is heavily utilized in pvp.
    Claws of Life - lower the stamina cost by 20%

A few suggestions for the passives.

Pursuit - also add in a bonus 20% reduction in sprint cost per point.

Devour - fix the bugs, decrease animation time, increase transformation time to 20 seconds

Blood Rage - change to "when dealing damage"

The rest of the passives are fine
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many speak of the uptime. If you have a problem with the uptime, you are doing it wrong. Plain and simple.
    Yes, in Cyrodiil you will run out of werewolf form between fights - if you solo or are the only werewolf in the group. If you are a group, you might almost stay in form indefinitely, if you have means to quickly go between keeps/fights (using rapids etc.).

I have been running veteran Maelstrom Arena several times in ww form (no, not flawless, I can't do that on any of my toons). And at best, I have run out of transformation time like 2-3 times during the whole arena (and that's because I die, the spawn time etc. is horrible in this game). I do backbar a Decisive Asylum 2H and use Carve skill, I build Ultimate almost as fast as a Nightblade build ulti for Incap Strike that way. That's a pure ww build though, currently not at all viable for such content in human form.

That being said, I sure wouldn't cry if the uptime was made a little easier to maintain. But it sure isn't a big issue. I hate to say it, but if it is - you need to "L2P". There are far worse problems for us werewolves.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewolf uptime in PvP is just too long given the damage, survivability, and molbility it has. So that either means reducing damage or survivability or both OR to reduce uptime in PvP. It's an ultimate and you are not supposed to be using any specific ultimate 95% - 100% of the time.

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Osubaker33 wrote: »
    There is quite a bit of room for improvement in WW in the lesser used morphs. These underutilized morphs also provide an opportunity to help ww in PVE without making them even stronger in PVP

1. Pounce just needs to be completely reworked. WW shouldn't have to rely on backing away and pouncing to extend ww uptime. This whole mechanic just needs to go. With the nerf in damage to gap closers the two morphs of Pounce are an oppportunity to provide utility, cc, stuns, etc.

2. Hircines Bounty - one morph should stay magica based, be a much more powerful heal rewarding the WW that spreads their stats out and invests in both weapon power/spell power and stamina/magica. This might also provide healing to one other target giving the ww a little utility in a group setting.

The other morph should be a weaker scaling stamina option.

3. Roar - with the changes to offbalance and new lengthy off balance immunity times this skill needs some work. Perhaps leave rousing roar as it is, it does provide major brutality to the group, and just change the other morph. Ferocious Roar could be the new Taunt for WW. Lower the base cost of this skill by 20%

4. Howl of Dispair - Increase the feeding frenzy bonus to 20%. Would be great for group play.
    Howl of Agony - leave as is

5. Claws of Anguish - leave as is, this is heavily utilized in pvp.
    Claws of Life - lower the stamina cost by 20%

A few suggestions for the passives.

Pursuit - also add in a bonus 20% reduction in sprint cost per point.

Devour - fix the bugs, decrease animation time, increase transformation time to 20 seconds

Blood Rage - change to "when dealing damage"

The rest of the passives are fine

If you give a werewolf a taunt you probably should give them the blocking passive (when this ability is slotted reduce cost of block and increase the amount of damage they can block)

I think that werewolves would be better of with a snare effectiveness reduction over sprint reduction. However I do love the prisoners so the thought of a free sprint does make me grin.

Base werewolf time is already 30 seconds with passive 38 seconds... I'm sure your 20 sec is just a typo.

I think changing bloodrage to be when you take damage or use a werewolf ability gain 3 seconds to your werewolf timer this can happen every 3 seconds. This would allow werewolves to maintain form out of combat as well for roleplaying, waiting for groups to loot, or pack play in pvp.
    Edited by Chrlynsch on June 10, 2018 2:57PM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lykanus wrote: »
    WW is DPS wise not in a bad spot. You wont be currently near breaking any damage records or being on Top-Lists but its acceptable for many Endgame PvE Content. The really concern about WW is currently its inability to play in group content. If you do your things right and buff, build and gear for Werewolf you'll of course suffer dps wise in Human form.
    If you look for best human dps however your transformation is crappy then. So you need to be able to fight in PvE as wolf in a group and i think the concern was brought up right.

This is the point.

If werewolves were able to maintain their wolf forms for extended periods in trial boss fights, they'd honestly be acceptable in most end game content. The issue is you can't keep your wolf form for very long because a proper group won't let you be taking damage frequently enough to proc your passives.

In the context of PvE, we discussed synergies and group buffs more than buffs directly to the single wolf, and we discussed the werewolf transformation timer. In the context of PvP, we discussed werewolf build patterns and, again, ways to keep that timer up more actively.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    1. Snares. A werewolf that is pinned by snares is an easy target to kill. The morph of Hircine's Bounty called Hircine's Fortitude would be good with added snare immunity instead of a weak heal over time.

2. Heals. Having to go hybrid on a werewolf just to get decent heals from Hircine's Bounty limits the sets for a viable build. I agree with the people who suggest making Roar a magicka skill and Hircine's Bounty a stamina skill.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azramel wrote: »
    2. Heals. Having to go hybrid on a werewolf just to get decent heals from Hircine's Bounty limits the sets for a viable build. I agree with the people who suggest making Roar a magicka skill and Hircine's Bounty a stamina skill.

From a balance point of view it´s good that the heal is scaled of spell-damage and max magicka. Let me explain.
    [img][/img]HRhjCGb.png

If you look at this triangle you´ll see 3 key factors for a successful werewolf build (same factors goes for all builds). At the moment you can pick two, but not all three.

* If you want good heals (survivability) , you´ve to use Pelinial. If you want to get good use of Pelinial you need a lot of weapon damage. Stacking a lot of weapon-damage usually means you sacrifice sustain. So this way you´ve good heals, good damage but low sustain.

* You can also decide to go with high damage and good sustain (by using bone-pirate or shackle etc...). But then your self-heal will be lacking.

* And the last route is when you invest a lot into being tanky with good heals, but then you´ll obviously lose damage.

Now let´s say Hircine´s Bounty Scales of weapon-damage and max stamina instead. Werewolfs has a lot of weapon-damage and max stamina from their passives, so Hircine´s Rage will have a 12k+ tooltip without even investing into healing.

All of a sudden I´m not forced to use Pelinial anymore and can go for either more sustain or better survivability. Suddenly I don´t have to choose between these 3 key factors (I can pick all three) and I´ve a werewolf that will delete most players within a few seconds while having the best self-heal in the game.

Doesn´t matter if the heal cost magicka or stamina (even though it´s a horrile suggestion that it should cost stamina from sustain point of view), letting it scale of weapon-damage and max stamina is severely unbalanced.
    Edited by Qbiken on June 11, 2018 1:31PM
  • Tlania
    Tlania
    ✭✭✭
    1 Make the heal based of max stamina but cost magicka.
    2 make a morph of something to give immune to snares
    3 had to make this point as well, make it so easier to be in WW form maybe like overload bar gain ult from skills /feeding etc
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Doesn´t matter if the heal cost magicka or stamina (even though it´s a horrile suggestion that it should cost stamina from sustain point of view), letting it scale of weapon-damage and max stamina is severely unbalanced.

Excellent explanation.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    My biggest pain is, that i dont know, where ZOS is going with this... since beta, there where discussions. We even had a thread like this, but in the end, we felt overheared. So obviously i dont trust this thread.

Somewhere ZOS made id clear, that they dont want to push WW in a position, where player will have an advantage. Perhaps it was because of the "Vampire-DK-PVP Crysis". I think we all agree on the fact, that WW should never be "meta".
    For example there should be no saying like "A raid has to have at least 2 Werewolfves". But "two or three well played synergized werewolves are welcome... but if they are magwarden, they are fine too". :P

The main question remains, if ZOS sees WW still as some kind of gimmicky, overpriced, flavour ultimate. Or if you upgrade the viability of this playstyle to become more.
    This determination would help to set a way. For example [A] you make the ultimate worthwhile for different kind of player (rp permawolf, pve enrage short ultimate, pvp...).
    Or [B.]; You implement new mechanics, that allows or even forces you to choose a certain path. (Gear-, Stat-, Armorwise). When correctely played, maxed out, it should be at least viable for certain situations.

My Pain is, that it makes absolutely no sense to choose a race, class and even equipment to support an ultimate. Exept i do it, because it has a certain flavour to it. I love the lore, the rp aspect and many other things to it. But 4 Years and no transparancy about intentions made me kinda hopeless. Eat or die, do something with what you get in the game or leave it be... It`s kinda hard to gain some trust or hope...

I agree with many points already made: WW should not become OP, Meta. But on the other hand it should be a choice. Like... why do i want to be human, Vampire, Argonian, Imperial. Why do i choose to be a templar, mage. Or more so...how and why do i choose a combination of race, class and surplus.
    Because of the lore, the playtyle, advantages in mechanics, stacking passive bonuses and to be individual. Because it feels right to you.
    Hand to heart... how many have vampire passives, because of reggen and nothing else?

So i am ok with both, as long, as ZOS has a clear line and intentions. The will to put work into balancing and further improve.
    I still think, that Werewolf needs some Work. Allow us to do something with the ultimate points gained while in werewolf form. Allow us to use the ultimate as a toggle. (Though DK`s won`t like that). There should still be a timer... but there has to be a way to maintain your werewolf form while waiting (waiting for afk players, waiting in keep, waiting between bossfights, waiting for anchor-spawn, waiting for the pizza guy :P ).
    For that you have lots of options. Here are some:
    - Potion to slow your hartrate until you are infight again
    - Bufffood to stay in Wolfform (while out of combat, or in combat..)
    - Ultimate=Toggle
    - Timer stops when out of combat
    - One of my favourite: Allow to stack ultimate or timer and use it as additional time. (For example up to 5 Minutes)... something simmilar to vampire stages...

Once the line of play is set, the rest is balancing and optimizing synergies with sets, so the decisions are not to onesided.

If you decide to give Werewolf even deeper overhowl; There are tons of options too.
    With the toggle, you could even allow us to use a second bar...
    The possibilities end in the transformation into a whole new class. Allowing to add different playstyles. For example Necromancer/Beastmaster.

Long story short...There are some amazing ideas out since beta. But if you keep the time limited, there is only so much a player can do to. Make a plan, communicate it, test it, ballance it and you will *** off at least 50% :)
    Edited by Iduyenn on June 11, 2018 8:27PM
  • Iduyenn
    Iduyenn
    ✭✭✭✭

This is the point.

If werewolves were able to maintain their wolf forms for extended periods in trial boss fights, they'd honestly be acceptable in most end game content. The issue is you can't keep your wolf form for very long because a proper group won't let you be taking damage frequently enough to proc your passives.

Sorry, for double post. I whole heartly agree with you.

But this is also one of the most important points to discuss.

As i assume, ZOS and some players argue, that when allowed perma, there would be a stellar increase of werewolves. Why? Because in comparison to difficult rotations with multiple bar-swapps and maxed out dps setups. Werewolf can only use 5 Skills and not 12. They can not alter their skills, combine them. The margin for "errors" is much lower for werewolves.
    The rotations are "simpler", than other setups. In terms of ballance this could be seen as a viable problem.
    There is a faction of players, that fear an "infestation" of not so skilled players competing against their builds with seemingly low tec-high impact werewolf builds. The question is, if this fear is legit.
    I think that is one of the reasons the werewolf is a costly, higly situational and casual-unfriendly ultimate to this day.

If i dare to take this thread and ZOS` Interest in our concerns seriously. We would have to contemplate about this topic.

But, there are many solutions, if it is in fact a real problem.

Now, this thread is about concerns, but i choose to elaborate on the fact, that there are many other mechanics to balance the effectiveness of werewolfs. Not only the timer. The timer is a huge hurdle for "normal" use... (aka "the 99%")

So, the question is, if ZOS is interestet once more in this... But then they should say so.

In light of the upcoming Update, i hope, they will seriously dialogue with us, ask for ideas and most importantely; Communicate THEIR thoughts and concerns... Instead of no answers and explanations at all.
    I hope, this is no one-way road.

PS: Sory, i dump some inspirations here, before forgetting them.

- Option: Barchange... When you change your bar in Werewolf form, the timer stops... but you are no longer able to attack. You have defensive and timer-generation skills to max out your werewolf timer. (AKA travel form).
    When switching bars again, the timer resumes and your abbilities do damage again.
    - The 2. Bar + Toggle Option would allow to increase difficulteness in dps increase. + Use Ultimate
    - Ultimate Morph could determin your role... dps, or tanky`ish.
    - Synergies would be important... especially if you play with other wolves... but also... the whole party should gain something from it... (But this is my opinion... i just would love to have a ww raid... sorry ^^). (=> I mean the possibility, that ww can be integrated in normal groups, but can also take part in "flavour" groups aka pack`s, without outperforming). I know... its a fine erh... cherry... line.

Edit: Problems like resurrect in WW form is not a problem. There could be a "liking wound" animation.
    - Another crazy idea... Allow other players to ride on the back. (I.E a Synergy to regenerate and gain a synergetic buff for the wolf and the player. If a player doesnt want to be a mount, he/she just doesnt use the skill. If another Wolve uses this synergy, he/she gets a buff. No... dont imagine the animations... :P This is just free inspirations... dont judge me... :P
    -

Auntie: Edit

So, to summarize it into short pain points:

[1] Meta-communication about this topic. Transparancy, dialogue and intentions not only from playerbase, but also from ZOS.

[2] I want some kind of mechanic to keep the form up in no-combat situations

[3] Increase difficulty, viability and legitimation by implementing more mechanics (aka toggle, dual bar, more skills, rotations and playstiles... perhaps affecting human form.

[x] Rather unimportant in the grand scheme of things... but i would like to be aknowledged by ww npc and dogs/wolves... Quest- and encounter-wise.
    Edited by Iduyenn on June 11, 2018 8:26PM
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why can't ww ulti works like warden bear ulti?
    ie, free to cast, permanent duration

i don't think ww form is strong enough to justify the cost of 300 ultimate for 30 seconds.