Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafting is now simply Pay To Win and extremely anti-consuming

• mike_skleinub17_ESO
    Bears mentioning that this "DLC" isn't included in the sub. I also pre-ordered the digital CE and then subbed like a week later.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're correct and jewelry crafting should not be locked behind paywall.
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    aliyavana wrote: »
    no, new expansion exclusive features are common in mmo expansions and eso is no exception. Pc players know this whom have been in many mmos before and console players best get used to the way mmos operate in new expansion exclusive features. The base game is like what only 20 dollars now and its b2p, they need more money to continue developing the game.

Isn't that why we gave ESO+, and a new DLC every 3 months?

Also, do you really have to make jewelry crafting a paid feature? You can make housing a paid feature all I care, but not jewelry crafting, which directly affect your combat styles and abilities.

I kinda lean that way. I already pay to be a gold member but now I have to pay more if I want a special outfit with special dye and again if I want to craft jewelry? No wonder I'm poor and ZOS is very rich!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    I dont see any base-game player complaining that maelstroem weapons are pay to win, but actually they are barred off in a DLC too. (I know ESO+-members have access to that DLC, but still, they pay for ESO+).

For casual players who only do base-game content, the disadvantages will be minimal. Actually they will only feel them if they want to use 2 craftable sets because they wont be able to craft the necessary jewellery. But this is exactly the way it is now, so no change at all. PLUS they can get the crafted jewellery from a crafter, so improvement from now.

You do know that you can buy the dlc even if you don't have eso plus? I am subbed. AND I used the crowns from that sub to buy all the dlc so if I ever drop my sub for any reason I still have access to the dlc. Even if I wasn't subbed I'd have bought the dlc, so...:shrug:

I do know , so what's your point?
    You pay to have the DLC that allows you to get maelstroem weapons...

You pay for the base game. If you want the additional content, then additional payment is needed. Since crafters with access to the dlcs/chapters can make gear, and players that do NOT have the dlcs/chapters can still use it, Maelstrom weapons might be one of the very few things in the game you actually have to earn. Even buying the dlc doesn't automatically get you the weapons, so possibly those are barred off for more than simple "payment" reasons.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand what you're saying, but I still agree to ZOS decision (Please share your reasons below).
    I dont see any base-game player complaining that maelstroem weapons are pay to win, but actually they are barred off in a DLC too. (I know ESO+-members have access to that DLC, but still, they pay for ESO+).

For casual players who only do base-game content, the disadvantages will be minimal. Actually they will only feel them if they want to use 2 craftable sets because they wont be able to craft the necessary jewellery. But this is exactly the way it is now, so no change at all. PLUS they can get the crafted jewellery from a crafter, so improvement from now.

You do know that you can buy the dlc even if you don't have eso plus? I am subbed. AND I used the crowns from that sub to buy all the dlc so if I ever drop my sub for any reason I still have access to the dlc. Even if I wasn't subbed I'd have bought the dlc, so...:shrug:

I do know , so what's your point?
    You pay to have the DLC that allows you to get maelstroem weapons...

You pay for the base game. If you want the additional content, then additional payment is needed. Since crafters with access to the dlcs/chapters can make gear, and players that do NOT have the dlcs/chapters can still use it, Maelstrom weapons might be one of the very few things in the game you actually have to earn. Even buying the dlc doesn't automatically get you the weapons, so possibly those are barred off for more than simple "payment" reasons.
    True, maelstroem require skill, on the other hand spell power cure who has been healer bis since forever require IC dlc but don't really require skills as you can farm on normal and combine with another set, Same with nAS weapons.
    Granted an month with eso+ solves it.

A bit salty, friend asked if I could heal nAS, can do I said, all wanted to farm nAS with free eso+ so none had done it, well it started with AS+2 as some found they could open the door, obviously before all was ready :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    Others (Share your thought below)
    Dunno, I just go with it
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Breelyn
    Breelyn
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree to all of your saying, but I still think lock jewelry crafting is dumb.
    I don't mind new content being behind a paywall.

However, crafting, skills, and classes should always be part of the base game. That has always been my opinion about MMO's and it will not change. I should not have to pay extra money for those things. Yes, I bought Morrowind and I'm an ESO+ member so I don't have a problem throwing money at the game. But, I hope ZOS doesn't become too greedy or they will lose me as a customer.