The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafting is now simply Pay To Win and extremely anti-consuming

• Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're correct and jewelry crafting should not be locked behind paywall.
    The thieves guild fence is locked behind a dlc. Even if I place her in my home, people who don't own TG, or haven't done the quests to unlock her, cannot interact with and utilize her. I fail to see how this is any different?

Oh because CWC gave us the XMUTE station and is usable without owning it? Well that's a DLC, not an expansion. There is a considerable difference in the way zos handles the two.

But we all have access to jewelries, we all have access to transmute, but you can't transmute your jewelry? Make no sense to me.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm mixed about this.
    If there will be no huge class rebalance base update will get nothing but just daily rewards.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're correct and jewelry crafting should not be locked behind paywall.
    Leandor wrote: »
    Pr0Skygon wrote: »
    Another forum star farming band wagon rider poll...

Contemptible.

Only if that band wagon makes sense though.

Not a single one of the P2W whine fests created in this forum even remotely made sense ever.

Can you point out which part of my argument is wrong or make no sense?
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    Damn, im sick of this posts, will they ever end? It is online game which you can play for free, know that there is equipment which takes maintenance and all this is free for you beggars without ESO+ (we pay for you here...). Now you want ZOS to just give you content which they spent time developing for free? Do you have any common sence at all?

You say this, you clearly have no idea what a "core feature" is. Also, it's not like ESO is free to play from the beginning.
    Also, you want to take my money, why not make an exciting story/zone instead? I must admit, Summerset is a very good place to visit, but do you have to put in a core feature? We all have access to jewelry, but only a few can access the crafting table? It's like life gives you lemon, but forbid you from making lemonade unless you offer an arm.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more P2W than needing Morrowind to get War Machine/Master Architect or Orsinium/CWC to get Maelstrom/Asylum weapons.

I mean, seriously, there's still work involved in order to utilize these stations. Just because you buy Summerset, doesn't instantly mean you'll have all 9 traits researched upon release. There's a fairly time consuming grind ahead for people wish to utilize crafted jewelry as you need to find the traits for jewelry to research. Then, you have to consider that a lot of trial sets are just better than anything you can craft. I mean, what crafted set can top War Machine/Alkosh/Mending/Vicious Ophidian/etc? You are NOT going to drop any of those sets for some crafted set because it's just not as good. In PvP, maybe you'll utilize crafted sets over trial/dropped sets but PvP is a different beast entirely. There is always a set combination that can work for 1 person that fails for another because Player Skill and Ability Selection matter just as much there as what sets you're wearing; it's literally impossible to say that using 2 crafted sets is going to outperform 2 dropped or a 1 dropped+1 crafted set there.

There is literally no basis for P2W in this topic at all. You buy the content, do the research required and reap the benefits, end of discussion.
    Banana wrote: »
    Get ya wallet out tight asses. Nothings free these days

Transmute is free. Outfit is free. Housing is free. Your point is?

Also, not everyone has an abundant sum of money to spill into 1 game.

You also don't need ANY of that to play competitively.
    You can still grind for the perfect trait for your gear without Transmutation so it's not mandatory to have. None of the crafted sets available are as good as some trial sets so from a PvE stand point, it's not P2W. From a PvP standpoint, it's STILL not P2W as there are a wide variety of gear sets that can be equally viable in PvP with or without Jewelry Crafting.

Please answer me this: If there's a new jewelry trait that you really want, and your guild house have a transmutation table, but you can't transmute your Gold quality VO ring into the trait you want? Is that make any sense to you? ZOS gives you a bowl of soup and a spoon, but forbid you to eat it until you give them more money, and call it "eating fee". Really?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Contemptible.

Not a single one of the P2W whine fests created in this forum even remotely made sense ever.

DLC or expansions (i.e. chapters) are part of the mmo world since ages. They are not "pay walls" or "P2W". Since you will not agree to that point, shall we just stop the discussion?
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're heading into the wrong direction here (Please tell me why).
    kongkim wrote: »
    There need to be something good in the chapter to make better sells. Its a business and for them, it's about making money and we all know it. There is nothing weird in that.

There's a difference between "Buying something you love", and "Buying something because if you don't, you'd handicap yourself"

Yah for you. But not for the one who makes it.
    So again nothing weird in that. Really what did you expect? And maybe you love it who knows ;)
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Contemptible.

DLC or expansions (i.e. chapters) are part of the mmo world since ages. They are not "pay walls" or "P2W". Since you will not agree to that point, shall we just stop the discussion?

Well, agree to disagree I suppose. I can see your point, but I still can't except it. It's not 2004 anymore, and something needs to be changed.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others (Share your thought below)
    Don't like that there are paid expansions for developing new content that took time to develop and you want new servers as well. Call for the game to be sub-based then to get those things. Oh, like other games that have a sub-based you still have to buy expansions. Face reality that new things cost and are not just handed out for free.

YAET: Yet Another Entitlement Thread
    Edited by Grimm13 on March 29, 2018 7:43AM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand what you're saying, but I still agree to ZOS decision (Please share your reasons below).
    Even if you don't have the expansion, you'll be able to buy crafted jewelry from a Guild Store or have a friend make it for you.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do realize this is normal for MMOs, right? WoW has regularly done this with new crafting lines (called professions there), new races, and new classes. If you don't want to expand your game, then don't. You can keep playing exactly the same way you are now. But don't get salty when ZOS want to earn something for the ongoing work they do. I'm sure you might be tempted to answer "But they can do this free and just charge for the new zone, and trial, and storyline!" But all you're doing there is choosing the part of the package that YOU would most like to be free and creating an illogical argument to back it up. Personally, I'd like the zone to be free if we're allowed to pick a part of the package like that to suddenly become base-game. But that's not how it works.

Jewellery crafting is a part of the expansion, which is completely normal for MMO expansions. It's up to you whether you want to pay for it. If you don't, that's fine, you can easily buy the jewellery pieces you want, traits and all, from guild vendors.
    Edited by Darkstorne on March 29, 2018 7:41AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree to all of your saying, but I still think lock jewelry crafting is dumb.
    Don't agree with all your thoughts, but I don't like it being locked away for the same reasons I've said in other threads.

It doesn't seem right that something which seems like a base game feature isn't going to be an option to new base game players.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    You do realize this is normal for MMOs, right? WoW has regularly done this with new crafting lines (called professions there), new races, and new classes. If you don't want to expand your game, then don't. You can keep playing exactly the same way you are now. But don't get salty when ZOS want to earn something for the ongoing work they do. I'm sure you might be tempted to answer "But they can do this free and just charge for the new zone, and trial, and storyline!" But all you're doing there is choosing the part of the package that YOU would most like to be free and creating an illogical argument to back it up. Personally, I'd like the zone to be free if we're allowed to pick a part of the package like that to suddenly become base-game. But that's not how it works.

Jewellery crafting is a part of the expansion, which is completely normal for MMO expansions. It's up to you whether you want to pay for it. If you don't, that's fine, you can easily buy the jewellery pieces you want, traits and all, from guild vendors.

Finally, a post that actually make some senses. I'll have a hard look about this OP.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Don't like that there are paid expansions for developing new content that took time to develop and you want new servers as well. Call for the game to be sub-based then to get those things. Oh, like other games that have a sub-based you still have to buy expansions. Face reality that new things cost and are not just handed out for free.

YAET: Yet Another Entitlement Thread

But does ZOS needs to put a feature that everyone have been screaming about for 4 years, and shove it behind a paywall?
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm mixed about this.
    While I think it would be nice, if the feature was a base game addition, the fact that you can trade crafted items (let's assume crafted jewelry is not the exception and becomes bind-on-pickup *fingers crossed*) doesn't make it much of a problem.

This simply means most people don't have to farm BoP dropset jewelry anymore - which is mostly the hardest items to get. Most people run around with one BoP dropset and one crafted set or BoE set anyway, so just getting 5 non-jewelry pieces of the BoP dropset is a much better and easier alternative.

But, as mentioned before, this is under the assumption that crafted / improved jewelry isn't automatically bound. If it is, then it's really a bad decision to not have it as a base game feature.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Don't agree with all your thoughts, but I don't like it being locked away for the same reasons I've said in other threads.

It doesn't seem right that something which seems like a base game feature isn't going to be an option to new base game players.

This is my number 1 reason actually. If ZOS locks something like mount racing or even spellcrafting behind paywall, sure, why not. But jewelry crafting? That's just too far.
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    While I think it would be nice, if the feature was a base game addition, the fact that you can trade crafted items (let's assume crafted jewelry is not the exception and becomes bind-on-pickup *fingers crossed*) doesn't make it much of a problem.

This simply means most people don't have to farm BoP dropset jewelry anymore - which is mostly the hardest items to get. Most people run around with one BoP dropset and one crafted set or BoE set anyway, so just getting 5 non-jewelry pieces of the BoP dropset is a much better and easier alternative.

But, as mentioned before, this is under the assumption that crafted / improved jewelry isn't automatically bound. If it is, then it's really a bad decision to not have it as a base game feature.

Agree, this should have been a game feature day 1. Not even sure why it took 4 years for it to come out.
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, just nope.
    No more P2W than needing Morrowind to get War Machine/Master Architect or Orsinium/CWC to get Maelstrom/Asylum weapons.

• commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    Damn, im sick of this posts, will they ever end? It is online game which you can play for free, know that there is equipment which takes maintenance and all this is free for you beggars without ESO+ (we pay for you here...). Now you want ZOS to just give you content which they spent time developing for free? Do you have any common sence at all?

You say this, you clearly have no idea what a "core feature" is. Also, it's not like ESO is free to play from the beginning.
    Also, you want to take my money, why not make an exciting story/zone instead? I must admit, Summerset is a very good place to visit, but do you have to put in a core feature? We all have access to jewelry, but only a few can access the crafting table? It's like life gives you lemon, but forbid you from making lemonade unless you offer an arm.

You missed the point. Not buying the chapter is not an option if you support the game, so everything else is irrelevant.
    Rawr
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, just nope.
    new land comes with new story and new features....

yup, that's all fine.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand what you're saying, but I still agree to ZOS decision (Please share your reasons below).
    No. A new chapter needs to bring something to the table which would make players buy it. If jewel crafting is made available to base game why buy the chapter?

This. Also gold jewellery will be a tiny increase over purple, so not p2w
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    I've played pay to win games like Star Trek online, all the best ships there are gated and cost 20-30 pounds each. Compared to that this is just a bit of a bonus. You can still make end game builds without it.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you think 30$ for access to content is P2W, I fear for the day you venture into any other game.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on March 29, 2018 8:10AM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And if you can’t afford that you should be worrying about a better job, not a MMO!
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    new land comes with new story and new features....

yup, that's all fine.

not sure what's your point is buddy
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played pay to win games like Star Trek online, all the best ships there are gated and cost 20-30 pounds each. Compared to that this is just a bit of a bonus. You can still make end game builds without it.

Hopefully so my friend. I really do wish I was wrong about this.
    Edited by Pr0Skygon on March 29, 2018 8:12AM
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think 30$ for access to content is P2W, I fear for the day you venture into any other game.

30$ for new and exciting content, sure.
    30$ for a missing feature that has been requested time and time again for 4 years, now that's a different story.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, just nope.
    Xuhora wrote: »
    are we sure yet that jewelry crafting isnt implemented into the basegame? I mean sure we can freak out now, and then realize later that all the fuss was about nothing, because its in the base game.

You get the jewelry crafting skill line, the skill line is only available with the new chapter like the new combat skill line.
    It's like the warden but with different skill lines instead of three attached to a single class. I kinda hope they have added a third skill line but haven't mentioned it yet. :3
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, just nope.
    Xuhora wrote: »
    are we sure yet that jewelry crafting isnt implemented into the basegame? I mean sure we can freak out now, and then realize later that all the fuss was about nothing, because its in the base game.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26347

And that's perfectly fine. There are alternative ways of obtaining jewellery in-game. If someone wants the convenience of jewellery crafting, then pay the $30. Everyone can afford the price tag. It's just a question of how cheap/entitled someone is.

Not everyone consider 30$ for a DLC cheap you know.

Good thing you don't need ESO or the new chapter to survive. Can't get everything for free.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

30$ for new and exciting content, sure.
    30$ for a missing feature that has been requested time and time again for 4 years, now that's a different story.

You're right, that would be a different story. Because in this story it's $30 for a new crafting skill, a new trial, a new province to explore, a new guild skill line, and a new storyline. So please, let's not exaggerate things.
    Edited by Darkstorne on March 29, 2018 8:21AM