The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.4

• TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »
    Actually sometimes AOEs not even
    TheMystid wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    Azurya wrote: »
    Cously wrote: »
    DK :(:(:(:(

keep the pressure on, it is still not the live version!

Screw it i washed my hands. Every single patch since 1.6 i posted, quoted and shown various weaknesses and areas that need improvement (vastly) and nothing has been done, this was 2 years ago now.

Theoretically they can completely rework the mDK in one update, as they completely screwed this class in 1.6 but after so many false promises i just do not care anymore what they do with this class.

The coolest and most fun class in ESO is now parked and most likely after 20 updates become viable, mind you by then the game would be dead.

You mean that time when magdk were even stronger than stamwarden are right now?
    Yeah so much fun being forced to run one class or don't be able to play at all

Indeed MagDK was broken OP. But that doesn't mean the class should be stripped of anything unique and *** for 2 years. Because sorc had its broken moment too, with 4 cost bats and infinite streak.

We can just agree that DKs class is the one who suffer the most (right now) ZOS inability to pursue that famous class balance.

Let's see the real class balance update in summer because that is a promised one.

You mean by the time ESO will be just another old game we used to play? Im looking forward to it.
    Edited by TheMystid on February 6, 2018 8:52PM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix the vicecanon and sheer venom bug next patch!
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭
    •You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.

I'm disappointed because you make game noob friendly more and more, every new patch.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    To all who are bummed out by the lack of DK changes - "It is what it is."

They said there wouldn't be major changes to classes 'till the next chapter. Yes, it sucks. But that is the way ZOS does things. They do not tweak things. They do not do small changes or fixes. They do infrequent major overhauls that change everything, and as I noted several patches a go (around the time I stopped bothering with testing stuff and offering feedback), when they do these overhauls that change everything, it's a toss of the dice as to how it all turns out for any of the different classes. (Except for Sorcs - Sorcs will always be fine, 'cause they just always end up being fine.)

DK players will have to either play some other game, play a character of a different class or bear with it, until that overhaul happens. And if you still end up at the bottom of the pile, then them's the breaks. That is the way it works in ESO. Templars and Night Blades have been there before. Long time players of those classes know how infuriatingly frustrating it can be. However, after 4 yeas of this pattern, there is no real reason to expect it to change.

The only thing you can do, is to keep offering suggestions and feedback and keep arguing your case. And do it in a constructive and non-whiny manner. If you do it for long enough, and do it in a calm and collected manner, with arguments and math backing your opinions, ZOS might listen to you in the end. Or not, 'cause that's how they roll. I still remember well when DK's ruled supreme and Templars were consistently voted as the crappiest class in game. It took well over a year for things to change. But they did, and for a brief moment Templars were the thing to be. Then things changed again and Templars were near the bottom again. At the moment, I feel Templars are somewhere in the middle. Who knows who things will end up when the next bout of Wheel of Fortune for the classes is played in summer .

But asking them to comment on such things, or tell us what they are planning or to even present their vision is s pointelss. ZOS does not do that.

Think about this bit:
    f6lpcej4q9pk.png
    General
    • The Morrowind Furnisher’s Documents available from Faustina Curio no longer contain plans that can be found outside of Morrowind, such as Daedric or Dwarven furnishing plans.

A very welcome change, and one that should never have happened at all. It is so obviously bad to have those documents include Daedric or even Dwarven stuff, that one has to wonder how on earth did it get past the design phase.

Lot of feedback was given, lot of discussion about this on several threads. Yet ZOS never so much as noted, "Yeah that's gonna have to be changed."

This is a good example of them most likely reading the chatter on the PTS forums. Coming across perhaps this thread, which presents a well argumented case for why it is a bad idea. However, they didn't respond - well not 'till after the fact. People argued about the issue on that thread on in others about it. I don't know when the decision by ZOS was made to change it, but I'm pretty sure it was before today. They could've noted that "yeah, that's gonna be changed." when they made the decision to do something about it. But they didn't, 'cause that's the way things work here.

So yeah... No, major class changes till summer. You have 'till then to try to offer calm, well argued feedback on what you think they should do about your class. And if you will still end up with a broken mess of a class... Well, there's always next years chapter...

Clearly you do not have a main character that has been playing a DK since first day of ESO till now, so you have no idea how it feels.

Secondly we never asked for any "major change" right away. What we have been asking is ever since update 1.6 that we needed changes, and every update we get swept aside like dust.

What you said there "no major changes till the next update", has been said last update, and the update before that, and the one before that and so on.

I am playing something else and it feel like rubbish to be honest, not all of us can play all classes like pros. And why should i be paying for a game to play a class i do not like to begin with?

We can argue day and night about several things, but one thing is for certain, ESO 2.0 is the worst possible thing that happened to my main class and every single update, despite the 20+ page threads, has been ignored, this one and the next one is no different.

No, my main is a Templar. Rolled him up during early access in 2014. SO I DO INDEED KNOW FULLY WELL HOW IT FEELS WHEN ZOS IGNORES THE BROKEN MESS THAT MY MAIN CHARACTER'S CLASS IS.

DK players know now how it felt like playing Templar during 2014 and early 2015.

And I do have a DK, and no, am not really playing him much at the moment. I mean why would I? Well, actually am not playing much any of my characters. But when I do, I tend to play my Nightblade. That one works and is still fun to play. (Sorcs work too, but I do not find them fun to play.)

That is the way things are here. The classes are on a constant roller coaster. Sometimes they are ***, sometimes they are not. And when a class is in the pits, you either play something else (some other class or some other game), or grit your teeth and cope with it. In the meanwhile it is pointless to call for fixes or tweaks, because you will only get silence as an answer from ZOS and set yourself up for disappointment..

Feeling bitter about the state of things will only make you feel bad. Ranting and raving and whining about how ZOS ignores your class while fixing some other class wont help either. Blaming ZOS about this or that, or making snarky comments and generally [snip] about it will not help either. They will do a class balance pass at some point, and not a moment sooner. And they will do it for all classes at the same time, and probably do a major mechanic overhaul at the same time, and 'prolly introduce new elements to the mix too. And who knows what will happen when all that crap takes place at the same time. Besides, most of the time the tweaks end up being random, uncalled for, and utterly pointelss. Sometimes they change something unrelated to any particular class, which ends up being a massive buff to a particular class. Then 6 moths latter it's gonna get nerfed to the ground. OR they change a general mechanic in a way that totally wrecks a class - it happens. It happens to us all (except Sorcs of course...)

Accepting the fact that this is the way it is, will however lead to less headaches in the long run.

I've seen a lot of recent whiny posts and angry rants from DK players, and a lot of blaming ZOS for favoritism towards other classes, and ignoring DKs. That, however, just aint true. ZOS does not play favorites. (Well maybe towards Sorcs...) ZOS does what ZOS does, and there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason behind their actions. So whining about discrimination will not help. In truth I do not know what will help. When Templar were in the gutter, we created massive tomes of feedback. Like several 50+ pages long threads full of constructive comments and well argued feedback. Did not help. Not at all.

When ZOS eventually decided to do something about Templars, they ignored pretty much everything we said, did their own thing and then moved to tweak something else, leaving Templar's altered but just as broken as before. It took another bout of changes to really help Templars, and most of the changes that did hep improve the Templar's lot were general changes to non-Templar specific mechanics, that just happened to jive really well with the Templar skill suit. Which in turn led to a series of patches where we got to meet the nerf bat. Patch after patch after patch- nerfs and more nerfs.

Look, I'm on your side here. I really wish they'd do monthly balance tweaks and fixes. I really wish they'd keep us posted about their plan and vision and where they are going to go. I really wish they'd stop with the constant drastic changes. But they don't. And I doubt they ever will.

In the end, you can only move on or learn to live with the fact that in ESOland, classes can go for years with broken skills, bad mechanics and utterly useless abilities. But the real point I'm trying to say here is that screaming about discrimination on the Forums will not help, and will only help to drown any actually constructive and helpful posts.

If you want things to change, then keep at it. But prepare to be patient about it. I know venting one's frustrations can be cathartic, but in the end, it's just more noise that will drown out meaningful posts. So do do your best to stick to constructive comments only.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 7, 2018 2:26PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    •You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.

I'm disappointed because you make game noob friendly more and more, every new patch.
    By not allowing you to fall through a hole big enough to fall through in the first place?

Would be different if the grate was physically broken.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran normal asylum with my guildies. I was in five sun and five burning and two Skoria. I did 22 power lashes in a row. Which was epic. Still did the least amount of damage... so making it have a cool down just makes it harder to be competitive with other classses. If we are going to do this (which I disagree with) then there should be a damage boost.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the mag sorc buff ?
    Destro skill line continues to be shite ?

I guess the message is to continue on warden :)
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on February 7, 2018 7:31PM
  • Rarok_Yariy
    Rarok_Yariy
    ✭✭✭

By not allowing you to fall through a hole big enough to fall through in the first place?

Ohh cmon all love TES games for broken physic and Jeremy Soule music. I remember awesome jumps In Morrowind. I was killing gigants and mamonts in Skyrim with low lvl, because they fell into a pit and could not get out, in TESO 1.8 we was playing tennis with meteors. And what we have now ? I can not even fall through these grates (
    Edited by Rarok_Yariy on February 7, 2018 7:42PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ohh cmon all love TES games for broken physic and Jeremy Soule music. I remember awesome jumps In Morrowind. I was killing gigants and mamonts in Skyrim with low lvl, because they fell into a pit and could not get out, in TESO 1.8 we was playing tennis with meteors. And what we have now ? I can not even fall through these grates (
    Except TES III wasn't broken...it factored in Acrobatics, Strength, and Jump spells/enchants. It was arguably more complex.

I'll give the poster the fall through the grates if I can quit getting hung up on things no taller than the width of my weapon.

Using the environment to ones' advantage was a feature in those games, without the stupid 15 second tether reset that only works in favor of the Server side attackers.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved the boundaries and Slaughterfish back on the eastern beach in the Princely Dawnlight Palace. Dipping your toes in the water is now less likely to result in the loss of those toes.

:smile: Thank you!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone checked if the off-balance duration from werewolf fear on the PTS has been extended to 5 seconds? On live, the werewolf fear will put an enemy off-balance for 3,3 seconds. And if I remember correctly, off-balance will have a duration of 5 seconds next patch, no matter what source it comes from.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Screw it i washed my hands. Every single patch since 1.6 i posted, quoted and shown various weaknesses and areas that need improvement (vastly) and nothing has been done, this was 2 years ago now.

Theoretically they can completely rework the mDK in one update, as they completely screwed this class in 1.6 but after so many false promises i just do not care anymore what they do with this class.

The coolest and most fun class in ESO is now parked and most likely after 20 updates become viable, mind you by then the game would be dead.

Indeed MagDK was broken OP. But that doesn't mean the class should be stripped of anything unique and *** for 2 years. Because sorc had its broken moment too, with 4 cost bats and infinite streak.

We can just agree that DKs class is the one who suffer the most (right now) ZOS inability to pursue that famous class balance.

Let's see the real class balance update in summer because that is a promised one.

I'm not sure @Bevik , if you want to see the result...last "big-balance-update" was homestead... *hint*7 mSorc/1magDK raids*hint*
    Edited by Destruent on February 8, 2018 5:53PM
    Noobplar
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

I'm not sure @Bevik , if you want to see the result...last "big-balance-update" was homestead... *hint*7 mSorc/1magDK raids*hint*

To be honest I only started last April so I've not seen big changes yet. Since I wasn't experienced enough of playing the game Morrowind never hit me hard. But I do feel sustain issues on classes. And after getting the rotations just right sustaining is rather harder than before. Long fights feel a bit slow after a while. Actually I kinda liked all the patches, I see what they want to do. That's an other question that they can accomplish it or not. Definitely bringing nice changes.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Has anyone checked if the off-balance duration from werewolf fear on the PTS has been extended to 5 seconds? On live, the werewolf fear will put an enemy off-balance for 3,3 seconds. And if I remember correctly, off-balance will have a duration of 5 seconds next patch, no matter what source it comes from.

Lol, you know you should have just asked me:) it is 5 seconds on pts.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they will postpone the real fixes, trying to cover the flaws with a really really small blanket that cannot even cover any of the fractures. No class rebalance once again probably. Lol.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Mag DKs will still be one of the most played builds in PVP, and they still can shield stack like a beast in PVE. This whingeing as if you (complainers) all have access to actual game-metrics, insider-insight, and behind the scenes developer knowledge, when all that you have is entirely anecdotal and clearly biased beliefs, has got to stop. Go play another game if you’re so disappointed. Enough is enough.

Balancing will come with the Chapter, anyway, as was already stated. Wait for that or just go rather than adding unnecessary toxicity to the game.

You clearly have no idea mate.

All us mage dks running around shield stacking in pve.

If you had a clue you would know pve mage dk has had issues for quite some time and to be like 'just wait another bunch of months you whingers' is just so out of touch.

And if by 'anectodal and biased beliefs' you mean days and weeks and months of testing and feedback from many competative and knowledgable long time players and the general population with a clue then yeah i guess you are correct.

Maybe the toxicity you mentioned is actually from players such as yourself who turn on other players who are actually providing feedback about a class they have played for years and care about.

You know... public test server and all that.
  • AardvarkChips
    AardvarkChips
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Just double the damage of Ash Cloud for now to throw PvE mDKs a bone. Can revert it along with a big rebalancing later.

Why throw the bone, with the intention of yanking it back later?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Just double the damage of Ash Cloud for now to throw PvE mDKs a bone. Can revert it along with a big rebalancing later.

Why throw the bone, with the intention of yanking it back later?

As a band-aid so for now magDK dps can be a thing. Later, the additional dps can be spread among different skills to enable build variety and more sophisticated gameplay.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    I thought read somewhere that they discovered a major cause of load screens and would be applying a fix for them this patch. No time to search for it now, and I highly doubt this will solve the problem entirely, but it's good news anyway!
    Anything happening about load screens in pvp?

• cairo_x
    cairo_x
    ✭✭✭
    - You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.

I don't understand the fact that a spell knocks you back when it hits you. You have range to do it when attacking an outpost for example, so how could it be a bug? The same as the Dragon leap, allowing people to jump inside a keep. That's all supposed to be part of the game where people are supposed to learn to do not STAY AT THE EDGE, like in any real siege castle. But you can argue that a friend or spy working with the opposite faction could just be there helping the counterpart to move up, as it happened in the past.

Also, it's pretty lame considering if you're upstairs attacking someone you can't knock them out, even when you're at the same lvl. Will that be applied to dragon leap too? Or it will be applied to Ice comet but you won't touch Dragon Leap on that matter?

Please, ZOS. Next time if you be so kind post the list of spells that will be affected by that to avoid misunderstanding.

Edited by cairo_x on February 12, 2018 12:37PM
  • SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    HI EVERYONE
    Is the pts for summerset over now ? was playing earlier then logged off because message came on screen saying the server was going down for maintenance, now on logging in I cannot get summerset, just vardenfell, I know some people were having this issue earlier but I thought they had fixed it, now it seems they have brought it back again

kind regards
    sallee
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SALLEE wrote: »
    HI EVERYONE
    Is the pts for summerset over now ? was playing earlier then logged off because message came on screen saying the server was going down for maintenance, now on logging in I cannot get summerset, just vardenfell, I know some people were having this issue earlier but I thought they had fixed it, now it seems they have brought it back again

kind regards
    sallee

Old thread to be asking in, but there was an update for with various bug fixes this morning. The PTS will be going for a few more weeks, and each week there is a patch. You can find the latest Patch Notes here. >> Link <<
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on April 23, 2018 9:49PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    after patch cannot get into Summerset even though had been playing there, what a mess this is, are they doing anything to address this problem, I feel as though I am wasting my life on this game, all the time you have to sit there just waiting for it to load then cannot get to where you were !!!!!!!!!

SALLEE
  • hregrin
    hregrin
    ✭✭✭
    SALLEE wrote: »
    after patch cannot get into Summerset even though had been playing there, what a mess this is, are they doing anything to address this problem, I feel as though I am wasting my life on this game, all the time you have to sit there just waiting for it to load then cannot get to where you were !!!!!!!!!

SALLEE

Maybe the would have an easier time addressing the problem if you didn't post it as an answer on a patch notes thread *from last february*?