The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.4

• Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no option to hide shoulder and other pieces in the outfit system? :(
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    Does the Mission Board fix also fixes Zimmeron not offering any Scroll recovery quests? I've been affected by this recently on Live.

Must have been an All Alliance Agreement as Grand Warlord Sorcalin refused to as well.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean that the patch is going live with the systemic Crowd Control stuns disregard CC Immunity issue? (eek)

I hope that the dev teams will have a chance to work on another build before this hits the Production servers...? <3
  • REiiGN15
    REiiGN15
    ✭✭✭
    "Cross-alliance groups can no longer group queue for Cyrodiil. When queuing in this situation, you will now be entered into your respective alliance solo queue."

Hope this actually works. It's super irritating on console right now. You get maybe 2 groups of red fighting hordes of blue or yellow in Vivec.

Hoping this change comes before the DLC to console.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any chance we will see a fix to the Imperial City logout bug for Dragon Bones (where if you log out a character in the city you get booted from the city upon logging back in)?
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Mag DKs will still be one of the most played builds in PVP, and they still can shield stack like a beast in PVE. This whingeing as if you (complainers) all have access to actual game-metrics, insider-insight, and behind the scenes developer knowledge, when all that you have is entirely anecdotal and clearly biased beliefs, has got to stop. Go play another game if you’re so disappointed. Enough is enough.

Balancing will come with the Chapter, anyway, as was already stated. Wait for that or just go rather than adding unnecessary toxicity to the game.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. The more people "whining" shows that many people recognize a blatant issue with this character and are trying to provide feedback to get it fixed. No one is whining, we want to see our fav toon viable since it hasn't been in trials for a while now. Not sure why that bothered you enough to create a post. And shield stacking? What?

• Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I highly suggest you delay the release for Dragon Bones and do some actual balancing . This is beyond absurd . Nothing has been done about mDK PvE DPS as the class was already dead and you are nerfing it even more .

Can you make a post about your goals in class balance for PvE please ? Seriously , I would like to know what is the reason behind these changes . Your Developer comments about PvE combat changes have nothing but explanation on how things will work . Why you wanted to go with these changes and your goals are still unknown .

CWC has a nice balance between stamina and magicka as almost every group runs with 4/4 . Now I am thinking if Magblades should take melee spots with Master Architect ...
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just love a dev comment explaining why they wanted to gut the DK for 5 patches in a row so badly

That's what I can't wrap my head around

Tell me are ONLY Sorcs, Nb's, and Wardens allowed to deal damage? Is this "play the way you want"?

Is this de weai?
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on February 5, 2018 6:15PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • AardvarkChips
    AardvarkChips
    ✭✭✭
    That's alright

Cancelled ESO plus of 4 years now.

I'll play for free, but I refuse to give this corporation any more money based on their extreme bias against any semblance of class balance

Same. Seems the almighty dollar is the only thing they care about.
  • Furcula
    Furcula
    ✭✭✭
    Just a short feedback, would be interesting to see the range for lightning morph of the destro ult to be bigger (original size) in comparison to the nerfed versions of inferno and ice morphs to emphasize lightning staves focus on AOE damage.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good grief. Mag warden gets have awful damage for yet another few months. Mag dk has no use for PVE, mag warden either.... but keep on spamming breath of life Templars you're good. NB's you keep on dodging everything into stealth you're good. Sorcs keep executing from long distance and getting every finishing blow in BGs without having to cast another skill, you're good. At least the crown store works *rolls eyes*
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS you forgot the crystal frags damage buff.
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP DK

WELL at least as a silver lining the OP heal is staying.
    Ill try to stay positive about that while the nightblade that shouldve died to my PL rolls away into the crowd of 3-4 other players and comes back out of steath with a fear, incap and a 46% heal debuff.
    God forbid the Stam dk in his group has fassalas on. Lord knows that Stam Dks are only good as defile tanks.
    Edited by CaliMade on February 5, 2018 6:41PM
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Cenom wrote: »
    As I have said multiple times, these winning comments about mDK are just a circle jerk now.. Most doesnt even tried it on pts.

Yes show on pts how the sustain of magdk has improved within a pvp environment?

Hmm... I wonder which is going to be better for my sustain, casting a free cost Power Lash once every 3 seconds, or casting a free cost Power Lash once every 5-7 seconds. :thinking: :thinking:

Did DK skills get more expensive? No.
    Did their magicka regen somehow get nerfed? No.

How exactly has sustain of mDK become worse in PvP environment? Just curious.

With dodgeroll builds as common as they are as well as Shuffle, Mirage, Forward Momentum and immovability, etc, you’ll be lucky if you hit 1 Power Lash every 10 seconds on (good) players since you’re now restricted in uses by an arbitrary cooldown.

DK will probably only get 1 Power Lash every 15 seconds on bosses with the PvE off-balance change, so even worse for players in that environment.

Also, offensive magDK builds already had the worst effective magicka regeneration of any class... your regen being tied to Ultimate usage when you have no class method to build Ultimate more quickly (Warden’s heroism shield) means terrible sustain for magDK magicka.

There’s no point for a magDK to make a build for applying off-balance anymore. An entire class mechanic wasted and build diversity will suffer even more than it did before.
    Edited by FlamingBeard on February 5, 2018 7:11PM
  • Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    As I have said multiple times, these winning comments about mDK are just a circle jerk now.. Most doesnt even tried it on pts.

Don't need a PTS to tell that they are already never used in end-game PvE content on live and nothing in the PTS notes has any inkling of improving that.

That's exacly who you shouldn't listen to ZoS.
    Haven't even downloaded the PTS.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all who are bummed out by the lack of DK changes - "It is what it is."

They said there wouldn't be major changes to classes 'till the next chapter. Yes, it sucks. But that is the way ZOS does things. They do not tweak things. They do not do small changes or fixes. They do infrequent major overhauls that change everything, and as I noted several patches a go (around the time I stopped bothering with testing stuff and offering feedback), when they do these overhauls that change everything, it's a toss of the dice as to how it all turns out for any of the different classes. (Except for Sorcs - Sorcs will always be fine, 'cause they just always end up being fine.)

DK players will have to either play some other game, play a character of a different class or bear with it, until that overhaul happens. And if you still end up at the bottom of the pile, then them's the breaks. That is the way it works in ESO. Templars and Night Blades have been there before. Long time players of those classes know how infuriatingly frustrating it can be. However, after 4 yeas of this pattern, there is no real reason to expect it to change.

The only thing you can do, is to keep offering suggestions and feedback and keep arguing your case. And do it in a constructive and non-whiny manner. If you do it for long enough, and do it in a calm and collected manner, with arguments and math backing your opinions, ZOS might listen to you in the end. Or not, 'cause that's how they roll. I still remember well when DK's ruled supreme and Templars were consistently voted as the crappiest class in game. It took well over a year for things to change. But they did, and for a brief moment Templars were the thing to be. Then things changed again and Templars were near the bottom again. At the moment, I feel Templars are somewhere in the middle. Who knows who things will end up when the next bout of Wheel of Fortune for the classes is played in summer .

But asking them to comment on such things, or tell us what they are planning or to even present their vision is s pointelss. ZOS does not do that.

Think about this bit:
    f6lpcej4q9pk.png
    General
    • The Morrowind Furnisher’s Documents available from Faustina Curio no longer contain plans that can be found outside of Morrowind, such as Daedric or Dwarven furnishing plans.

A very welcome change, and one that should never have happened at all. It is so obviously bad to have those documents include Daedric or even Dwarven stuff, that one has to wonder how on earth did it get past the design phase.

Lot of feedback was given, lot of discussion about this on several threads. Yet ZOS never so much as noted, "Yeah that's gonna have to be changed."

This is a good example of them most likely reading the chatter on the PTS forums. Coming across perhaps this thread, which presents a well argumented case for why it is a bad idea. However, they didn't respond - well not 'till after the fact. People argued about the issue on that thread on in others about it. I don't know when the decision by ZOS was made to change it, but I'm pretty sure it was before today. They could've noted that "yeah, that's gonna be changed." when they made the decision to do something about it. But they didn't, 'cause that's the way things work here.

So yeah... No, major class changes till summer. You have 'till then to try to offer calm, well argued feedback on what you think they should do about your class. And if you will still end up with a broken mess of a class... Well, there's always next years chapter...
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh, removal of grid-fall in Cyrodiil is removal of a great fun. I always saw that as a "hidden feature" of Cyrodiil that also prevented players pew-pewing freely on the outposts.

With radius increase of camps and inability to post them within the keeps, I feel like ZOS is also making Cyrodiil little less interesting and more long distance horse-riding friendly.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chzkxcfi06d9.jpg

of73c45wgntl.png
    General
    • You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.

Any chance what you did will carry over into housing items? I really want to build my dueling arena in the sky, but every knockback will make you fall through the floor of any material I have tested. It has admittedly been a while since I tried, but it’s a very annoying feature.
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    chzkxcfi06d9.jpg

e8bhsgw972nf.png
    Dungeons
    • Blackheart Haven
      • The Undying Pillagers and Bone Scouts summoned by Blackheart will now pursue you all throughout the fighting area.

LOL well my dungeoneering partner was trying to convince me to do this dungeon again because he said we could cheese the skeletons....but now that's fixed, my PTSD from this dungeon has not been quelled, no thanks...did it once, good enough for me! LOLOLOL
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t understand how this can hold. Fortnite is a great example of active developers on a free game. If something is fundamentally broken or unbalanced there is no waiting for 3-4 months for a fix. This is plain stupid. On top of the fact they don’t push updates at the same time,” Microsoft’s certification takes more time for processing” meanwhile on fortnite.” Alright guys thanks for the patience the update is on all platforms”.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the amount of money ZOS has, they have no excuse for this poor execution.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t understand how this can hold. Fortnite is a great example of active developers on a free game. If something is fundamentally broken or unbalanced there is no waiting for 3-4 months for a fix. This is plain stupid. On top of the fact they don’t push updates at the same time,” Microsoft’s certification takes more time for processing” meanwhile on fortnite.” Alright guys thanks for the patience the update is on all platforms”.

wow actually you're right lol. fortnite has fixes out asap...and its a free game...and they are constantly replying on twitter with updates and explanations...and are on all three platforms...and genuinely care about their passionate player base and their ideas...and...well I'll just stop.
    Edited by Moglijuana on February 5, 2018 8:05PM
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    SO.... No cruel flurry fix for maelstrom dual wield weapons?? That kills a lot of the need for us stam users to even buy the DLC or even try to do that content @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what I love most of all about these patch note posts? All of the overly dramatic "ESO is dead to me - I'll never play again!" posts from the same people who said that the last time the patch notes didn't include exactly what they wanted them to include. Seriously, it's vaudevillian. And I laugh every time.

As far as the actual patch notes go: yay! No more phasing through the grating like a ghost when defending a keep!
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow the knock down thing is not needed at all!

Added fun and care to PVP. You couldnt just careless stand on the edge of a castle :(

Please do not remove this...
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Pretty sure making Arrow Spray, aoe ability, undodgeable is one line of code. So now I am little scared this is going to be ignored (or intended) for many patches...

@SodanTok I've been playing since console release so I'll tell you exactly what's going to happen. This will be ignored for months/years, even after zos acknowledges other abilities and changes them. Then suddenly zos will out of the blue change it with a statement saying "Arrow Spray is now undodgeable. This is to bring it in line with other aoe abilities in the game".
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Don't need a PTS to tell that they are already never used in end-game PvE content on live and nothing in the PTS notes has any inkling of improving that.

That's exacly who you shouldn't listen to ZoS.
    Haven't even downloaded the PTS.

I'm on console so I can't download the PTS. Please try to dispute the actual point I made though because it's impossible.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The communication by Fortnite devs has been so much better than this game it's not even in the same universe.