The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.4

• Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annnd no DK improvements, again.

What a terrible disappointment. I guess this patch really is the end for us.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s so stupid, they keep saying balance changes will come next patch or say guys this is what the pts is for. Stop nerfing a already gimped class. I’m looking back now at how I posted on Templar threads about balance changes to magdk after ZOS was actively engaging with them. The people told me go make your own thread that doesn’t troll and maybe Zos will actually respond, bro WE HAVE BEEN DOING THAT FOR 2 1/2 YEARS. I hope the Templars on that understand now why I had to post on their forum.
    Edited by zParallaxz on February 5, 2018 4:04PM
  • Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭
    As I have said multiple times, these winning comments about mDK are just a circle jerk now.. Most doesnt even tried it on pts.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cenom wrote: »
    As I have said multiple times, these winning comments about mDK are just a circle jerk now.. Most doesnt even tried it on pts.

Yes show on pts how the sustain of magdk has improved within a pvp environment?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't need a PTS to tell that they are already never used in end-game PvE content on live and nothing in the PTS notes has any inkling of improving that.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No off-balance improvements? The stupid 5sec off-balance will go live?

Btw it is never too late to finally fix the lightning staff bugs or the invisible group member bug. (Both are already old(>1y) enough to be considered for a bug fix)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.

SADFACE
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    No off-balance improvements? The stupid 5sec off-balance will go live?

Btw it is never too late to finally fix the lightning staff bugs or the invisible group member bug. (Both are already old(>1y) enough to be considered for a bug fix)

Invisible group member buff to my knowledge is one of the oldest bugs in the game actually. Has been around since launch.
    Lightning/resto heavy attack bugs also surpises me that they're still beeing ignored despite having such a negative impact on gameplay...
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »

Hmm... I wonder which is going to be better for my sustain, casting a free cost Power Lash once every 3 seconds, or casting a free cost Power Lash once every 5-7 seconds. :thinking: :thinking:

Did DK skills get more expensive? No.
    Did their magicka regen somehow get nerfed? No.

How exactly has sustain of mDK become worse in PvP environment? Just curious.
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Mag DKs will still be one of the most played builds in PVP, and they still can shield stack like a beast in PVE. This whingeing as if you (complainers) all have access to actual game-metrics, insider-insight, and behind the scenes developer knowledge, when all that you have is entirely anecdotal and clearly biased beliefs, has got to stop. Go play another game if you’re so disappointed. Enough is enough.

Balancing will come with the Chapter, anyway, as was already stated. Wait for that or just go rather than adding unnecessary toxicity to the game.

Nobody shield stacks in PvE lol and any class in 5 light can stack shields as well as a magDK... wut? You might use Harness here or there in situations but you're not "stacking" it lol. It's not adding anything toxic to the game to say magDK's are getting more frustrated with each passing patch becuase they've been left behind in PvE for nearly a year. Many players left, and not just DK's, since morrowind but the DK's still playing just want to see a return to competitive PvE. Being disappointed isn't the same as being toxic. Patience is wearing thin for a fix to something ZOS admits is broken... class balance.

When ZOS changed combat maths they broke Magplars and still have not fixed it either. It seems like a simple fix. Just increase the base damage of Magplar skills that have percent amps built into the skill but that hasn't happened yet. Frustration is a fitting thing when there are options to apply simple fixes for class balance here or there instead of putting it off for a year.

Frustration is not toxic. Disappointment is not toxic. We're still here supporting their product... but for how much longer?
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's alright

Cancelled ESO plus of 4 years now.

I'll play for free, but I refuse to give this corporation any more money based on their extreme bias against any semblance of class balance
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Feanor wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I miss the fixes to the various bugs with crowd control abilities that were reported before 3.3.4. Are these fixed and accidentally omitted from the notes or are there no fixes? Thanks for clarification.

You posted in this thread here (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/392685/cc-break-is-broken) saying there should be a fix in next week’s PTS, which would be 3.3.4.

Good catch - yes, the fix for that is in today's patch. Will get a patch note added. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    zParallaxz wrote: »

Hmm... I wonder which is going to be better for my sustain, casting a free cost Power Lash once every 3 seconds, or casting a free cost Power Lash once every 5-7 seconds. :thinking: :thinking:

Did DK skills get more expensive? No.
    Did their magicka regen somehow get nerfed? No.

How exactly has sustain of mDK become worse in PvP environment? Just curious.

Show me a video of you dueling a stamblade on pts, and let’s see if u land a power lash.
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's alright

Cancelled ESO plus of 4 years now.

I'll play for free, but I refuse to give this corporation any more money based on their extreme bias against any semblance of class balance

Haven't given ZOS any money since Morrowind Chapter in protest of the extreme over nerf of sustain. I went from spending 1000's in the crown store a year on crates, mounts, and costumes to not even getting the last 2 dlc's. Looks like I'm sitting this dlc out aswell.

I play on console so I won't have a fancy addon to track off balance cooldown or alert me when bosses are off balance so this patch does nothing to address how awful sustain has been post Morrowind. 5 seconds is laughable in mechanic heavy fights. I already play less and less but I don't know if I'll get on much for this patch and just hope the next chapter brings what it has promised and then might come back.
    Edited by Epicasballs on February 5, 2018 4:44PM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brace yourself "no DK buff" QQ incomming
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, I really need to stop expecting more from ZOS.
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.

Ooh -- can the same code / event handler / validation rule be applied to Player Housing Furniture ...? That has been a huge request from players since the launch of Homestead (and the main reason player "arenas," etc. are so limited). <3

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    DK :(:(:(:(

Forget it, i have 4 mDKs and my main since day 1 ESO is magicka with 29K+ achievements.

They will do nothing, i will slowly grind achievements on another character instead, i give up, they want us to leave the class and have an excuse to delete it or kill it.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The erstwhile sanctuary, that has "waterfalls and [snip]" right?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• GeneralSezme
    GeneralSezme
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nooo I need cross queue
    Invictus
    Cheese Engine
    HIGH LATËNCY

My bombing videos

Notable toons:
    Pact Corsair- Breton Magblade Former Emperor BWB Prolly Stole your scroll and bombed you
    Lack of Aoe caps: Prolly bombed u
    Neraz Gulio- Stamplar- Former Empress BWB
    Paints-Her-Face - prolly painted your face
    Zealot of the Great Sun- Blazeplar, frmr Emp Vivec

• RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the Mission Board fix also fixes Zimmeron not offering any Scroll recovery quests? I've been affected by this recently on Live.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the dooming has reached its climax now ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • The Morrowind Furnisher’s Documents available from Faustina Curio no longer contain plans that can be found outside of Morrowind, such as Daedric or Dwarven furnishing plans.

Thank you so much! <3
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nooo I need cross queue

why
  • susniand
    susniand
    ✭✭
    Shattering Rocks (Petrify morph): Fixed an issue where Rank IV of this morph was not setting secondary targets Off Balance.

What is the point of this ability if Powerlash got 3s cooldown?
  • susniand
    susniand
    ✭✭
    Shattering Rocks (Petrify morph): Fixed an issue where Rank IV of this morph was not setting secondary targets Off Balance.
    What is the point of this ability if Powerlash gets 3s cooldown?

Edited by susniand on February 5, 2018 5:10PM
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.

SADFACE

I'm sure if I ever revert back to my sorc, I will still be having a blast using Fire Reach on those people standing right on the outside of the Outpost, knocking them down like apples from a tree. So there will still be some fun left in there :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    •The Morrowind Furnisher’s Documents available from Faustina Curio no longer contain plans that can be found outside of Morrowind, such as Daedric or Dwarven furnishing plans.

THANK YOU!
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the keep grate adjustment and the change to Morrowind grab-bag furnishing plans is nice, at least. Still waiting on price adjustments for the Outfit system/ESO Plus tie-in.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    DK :(:(:(:(

Did you expect any different?

Every class has been "killed" by the developers and those unpopular changes have stayed. I get it, it sucks. But let's not pretend that DKs are somehow the red-headed stepchildren of ZoS.