The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.4

• Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Cenom wrote: »
    As I have said multiple times, these winning comments about mDK are just a circle jerk now.. Most doesnt even tried it on pts.

Don't need a PTS to tell that they are already never used in end-game PvE content on live and nothing in the PTS notes has any inkling of improving that.

That's exacly who you shouldn't listen to ZoS.
    Haven't even downloaded the PTS.

I'm on console so I can't download the PTS. Please try to dispute the actual point I made though because it's impossible.

So let who actually test give feedback.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I have said multiple times, these winning comments about mDK are just a circle jerk now.. Most doesnt even tried it on pts.

Don't need a PTS to tell that they are already never used in end-game PvE content on live and nothing in the PTS notes has any inkling of improving that.

I'm on console so I can't download the PTS. Please try to dispute the actual point I made though because it's impossible.

Ok, Please tell us your test results. Are MagDKs able to sustain in end-game PvE content or is just as bad or worse than it currently is on live? I look at the PTS threads everyday and have seen no one saying this. So if you have some new information i think now is the time to share it with the rest of the class. Because I don't need to test to tell me that drastically reducing the off-balance up-time on bosses is anything but a nerf to MagDk sustain.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Wow the knock down thing is not needed at all!

Added fun and care to PVP. You couldnt just careless stand on the edge of a castle :(

Please do not remove this...

While I agree it was fun, you have to agree that it makes no sense for someone to fall through a grid, unless they suddenly turned into liquid. Personally I agree with ZOS that this was a bug, regardless of how fun it was to catch a PvP newbie with it.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Pretty sure making Arrow Spray, aoe ability, undodgeable is one line of code. So now I am little scared this is going to be ignored (or intended) for many patches...

@SodanTok I've been playing since console release so I'll tell you exactly what's going to happen. This will be ignored for months/years, even after zos acknowledges other abilities and changes them. Then suddenly zos will out of the blue change it with a statement saying "Arrow Spray is now undodgeable. This is to bring it in line with other aoe abilities in the game".

This is so true it is quite sad.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the no thumbs root spamming mag dk class got nerfed? LOLOLOL
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    I still don’t understand how this can hold. Fortnite is a great example of active developers on a free game. If something is fundamentally broken or unbalanced there is no waiting for 3-4 months for a fix. This is plain stupid. On top of the fact they don’t push updates at the same time,” Microsoft’s certification takes more time for processing” meanwhile on fortnite.” Alright guys thanks for the patience the update is on all platforms”.

That is a big problem here, they are working on the future updates. Would be nice if they can have a team to balance PRESENT problems so they could save time for the other team with the quarterly Updates. Push those updates out on the weekly maintenance, if it's utterly broken bring the servers down and fix them. The servers are down weekly anyway. Why not push a minor/some major fixes update out frequently. Pretty sure for some changes you don't need a PTS. I don't even know what updates we got lately as there is no patch note.

Delay DLC, do whatever to fix main problems, reorganize combat, balance, DLC teams. Very good having major Updates and DLCs but not very good to keep playing with unbalanced, broken game for months or years.

I know it's easier said than done and I'm not saying they are horrible because be honest this ESO is damn amazing, they really did and doing a good job here.

The problem is they are balancing between their decision and player feedback/cries. And they have to choose or it will be always back and forth.

Keep a PTS up forever and push some ideas/changes there so if not a lot of people but some can test them. We all know the theory makers, let them test things a little closed from the public.
  • Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭

Ok, Please tell us your test results. Are MagDKs able to sustain in end-game PvE content or is just as bad or worse than it currently is on live? I look at the PTS threads everyday and have seen no one saying this. So if you have some new information i think now is the time to share it with the rest of the class. Because I don't need to test to tell me that drastically reducing the off-balance up-time on bosses is anything but a nerf to MagDk sustain.

It's about the same, if you ever joined the server to test or took 1 min of your time to see a parse on youtube you didn't need to ask me. The truth is that the whole magicka setups needs to be kind of reworked, specially melees. And it's not gonna happen until next chapter, expect PTS in late april.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no fixes for getting locked into lightning staff heavy attacks? I guess it's a feature now.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's about the same, if you ever joined the server to test or took 1 min of your time to see a parse on youtube you didn't need to ask me. The truth is that the whole magicka setups needs to be kind of reworked, specially melees. And it's not gonna happen until next chapter, expect PTS in late april.

So it's the same. And how viable is a MagDk right now on live for PvE?

There is the problem. We have this glaring issue of MagDk sustain issues and we know it exists, they know it exists, and yet we are kicking the can down the road a few months. This isn't exactly a new game that's trying to find it's legs, It's been out for years. The issues with MagDK aren't new issues either.

Also if they would actually do the right thing and make a PTS for console so we can test ourselves I would gladly test on it so we don't end up with broken patches that give us infinite load-screens that break the game for a month.

You spent all this time arguing with me, proving my point, Just so you can say I'm not actually on the PTS. Well done.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boooooooooooooooo. Class change please.
  • Timeoin
    Timeoin
    ✭✭
    DragonKnights were literally the ONLY class to get something, and theres a comment going "dk.s got nothing."
  • Timeoin
    Timeoin
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I miss the fixes to the various bugs with crowd control abilities that were reported before 3.3.4. Are these fixed and accidentally omitted from the notes or are there no fixes? Thanks for clarification.

You posted in this thread here (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/392685/cc-break-is-broken) saying there should be a fix in next week’s PTS, which would be 3.3.4.

You thought they would do This? You must be new :p
  • Bighanson
    Bighanson
    ✭✭
    Timeoin wrote: »
    DragonKnights were literally the ONLY class to get something, and theres a comment going "dk.s got nothing."

DK will still be dead ... no one cares about that
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything happening about load screens in pvp?
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did we get a NA character copy today? If not can EU go first in future please thanks
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is CC / CC immunity still broken?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Anything happening about load screens in pvp?

Good joke ;)
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭

Let's wait for the ppl who never looks into this Forum or pts
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU FOR REMOVING DAEDRIC PLANS FROM THE VVARDENFELL DOCUMENTS

Also thank you for fixing the Cyrodiil quest boards. This has annoyed me to no end.

will this fix the scroll quest issue, or just the boards?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    THANK YOU FOR REMOVING DAEDRIC PLANS FROM THE VVARDENFELL DOCUMENTS

Also thank you for fixing the Cyrodiil quest boards. This has annoyed me to no end.

will this fix the scroll quest issue, or just the boards?

No idea but for me the scroll quest issue and the quest board issue appear to be one in the same so I'd imagine so.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss the part where power sigil was deleted from battlegrounds and ranked tiers with introduced instead of leaderboards? Someone @ me when they see that, probably next year. :p
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil fixes!! MOAR!
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.

Nice bugfix, though my javelin didn't need the nerf.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the keep grate adjustment and the change to Morrowind grab-bag furnishing plans is nice, at least. Still waiting on price adjustments for the Outfit system/ESO Plus tie-in.
    chzkxcfi06d9.jpg

of73c45wgntl.png
    General
    • You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.

Any chance what you did will carry over into housing items? I really want to build my dueling arena in the sky, but every knockback will make you fall through the floor of any material I have tested. It has admittedly been a while since I tried, but it’s a very annoying feature.

Holy duck that's a good question. Would be fantastic if the scourge of housing duels was finally fixed!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cously wrote: »
    DK :(:(:(:(

Did you expect any different?

Every class has been "killed" by the developers and those unpopular changes have stayed. I get it, it sucks. But let's not pretend that DKs are somehow the red-headed stepchildren of ZoS.

More like DKs have been getting nerf after nerf after nerf every single update since 1.6, that is the issue here.

Oh right my mistake... a massive 5% buff to whip!! i stand corrected -.-
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    To all who are bummed out by the lack of DK changes - "It is what it is."

They said there wouldn't be major changes to classes 'till the next chapter. Yes, it sucks. But that is the way ZOS does things. They do not tweak things. They do not do small changes or fixes. They do infrequent major overhauls that change everything, and as I noted several patches a go (around the time I stopped bothering with testing stuff and offering feedback), when they do these overhauls that change everything, it's a toss of the dice as to how it all turns out for any of the different classes. (Except for Sorcs - Sorcs will always be fine, 'cause they just always end up being fine.)

DK players will have to either play some other game, play a character of a different class or bear with it, until that overhaul happens. And if you still end up at the bottom of the pile, then them's the breaks. That is the way it works in ESO. Templars and Night Blades have been there before. Long time players of those classes know how infuriatingly frustrating it can be. However, after 4 yeas of this pattern, there is no real reason to expect it to change.

The only thing you can do, is to keep offering suggestions and feedback and keep arguing your case. And do it in a constructive and non-whiny manner. If you do it for long enough, and do it in a calm and collected manner, with arguments and math backing your opinions, ZOS might listen to you in the end. Or not, 'cause that's how they roll. I still remember well when DK's ruled supreme and Templars were consistently voted as the crappiest class in game. It took well over a year for things to change. But they did, and for a brief moment Templars were the thing to be. Then things changed again and Templars were near the bottom again. At the moment, I feel Templars are somewhere in the middle. Who knows who things will end up when the next bout of Wheel of Fortune for the classes is played in summer .

But asking them to comment on such things, or tell us what they are planning or to even present their vision is s pointelss. ZOS does not do that.

Think about this bit:
    f6lpcej4q9pk.png
    General
    • The Morrowind Furnisher’s Documents available from Faustina Curio no longer contain plans that can be found outside of Morrowind, such as Daedric or Dwarven furnishing plans.

A very welcome change, and one that should never have happened at all. It is so obviously bad to have those documents include Daedric or even Dwarven stuff, that one has to wonder how on earth did it get past the design phase.

Lot of feedback was given, lot of discussion about this on several threads. Yet ZOS never so much as noted, "Yeah that's gonna have to be changed."

This is a good example of them most likely reading the chatter on the PTS forums. Coming across perhaps this thread, which presents a well argumented case for why it is a bad idea. However, they didn't respond - well not 'till after the fact. People argued about the issue on that thread on in others about it. I don't know when the decision by ZOS was made to change it, but I'm pretty sure it was before today. They could've noted that "yeah, that's gonna be changed." when they made the decision to do something about it. But they didn't, 'cause that's the way things work here.

So yeah... No, major class changes till summer. You have 'till then to try to offer calm, well argued feedback on what you think they should do about your class. And if you will still end up with a broken mess of a class... Well, there's always next years chapter...

Clearly you do not have a main character that has been playing a DK since first day of ESO till now, so you have no idea how it feels.

Secondly we never asked for any "major change" right away. What we have been asking is ever since update 1.6 that we needed changes, and every update we get swept aside like dust.

What you said there "no major changes till the next update", has been said last update, and the update before that, and the one before that and so on.

I am playing something else and it feel like rubbish to be honest, not all of us can play all classes like pros. And why should i be paying for a game to play a class i do not like to begin with?

We can argue day and night about several things, but one thing is for certain, ESO 2.0 is the worst possible thing that happened to my main class and every single update, despite the 20+ page threads, has been ignored, this one and the next one is no different.

mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I didn't see a patch note about the bug to DK's Power Lash heal. The tooltip is incorrectly stating a 4 second heal. It only appears AFTER you put points into Searing Heat (which is only supposed to give Firey Breath, Searing Strike, and Standard a 2 second buff).

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Pretty sure making Arrow Spray, aoe ability, undodgeable is one line of code. So now I am little scared this is going to be ignored (or intended) for many patches...

same with noxious breath, Its already very clunky to use, yet its also dodgeable.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 6, 2018 3:00AM
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

General
    • You will no longer fall through Outpost or Keep grates when hit by abilities that cause knockbacks.
    • Fixed an issue where quests obtained from Mission Boards were not consistently available.
    • Oil will now correctly pour through gatehouse grates at Fort Aleswell, Blue Road Keep and Castle Roebeck.
    • Cross-alliance groups can no longer group queue for Cyrodiil. When queuing in this situation, you will now be entered into your respective alliance solo queue.

1) Thank you, that falling though the grates thing was a pain.

2) Honestly, I thought the whole mission board thing was intended to keep us only doing one a day. Lol, It is kind of hard to figure out what you guys want with these missions. You can't chose which you get so they are really no part of a coherent strategy and the reward really isn't enough to want to go cap the ones you get the mission for. Yea, I basically just don't think they have a coherent purpose. Thanks for "fixing" them I guess.

3) I didn't know about the oil thing either. Defensive ticks are such a PITA to actually get that I avoid defense like the plague. It is a much better situation than it was when you got basically nothing for offense though. I didn't play at all in those times as the only way to get AP was to set up noob farms and that never really worked well for AD on PCNA.

I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.