The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To people who enjoy speedrunning...

• Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Dragath wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    You realize I can turn this around on to you and say "Next time, maybe try finding a group of people who want to blitz through as fast as possible through a dungeon just like you, that way you'll never be disappointed."
    you can, but the issue here is, that you are the one complaining about the "speedrunners".
    they are not complaining about you.
    so if they have no issue with you being slow but you have an issue with them being fast, then you are the person who should consider doing it another way. that is, if it bothers you that much.

This is ridiculous logic. Firstly if you race through a dungeon it does not mean the people you left behind are slow. Not being fast does not equal being slow.. that is just bad logic! Secondly "if they have no issue with you being slow but you have an issue with them being fast, then you are the person who should consider doing it another way"?? No, again, just bad logic. You are implying parity between the two approaches to running a group dungeon and that not accepting somebody else's ignorance is a cause for you to "consider doing it another way"! If somebody is being rude it does not imply that everybody must respect their stance because all opinions are equal, that is just bad logic! And yes, ive read the arguments before that the person who doesn't race through the dungeon can be considered rude because they are delaying the speed runner, but again, this is just ridiculous. You cannot equate the person who races through a dungeon with ignorant abandon of the people they leave the behind with the person who cannot keep up with this speed runner. One of these people is making an active choice to be an *******!

But they're not. They aren't doing it to purposely ruin your day lol. They're doing it because they want to get that *** done. Not everybody has unlimited hours per day to stare at mould growing on dungeon walls. If they slow down for you, it is a nice thing they are doing for you, not a bloody obligation.

You can't force loads of people to play a way that they don't want to play, just to cater to you. It's just not going to happen, and is frankly kind of selfish to want. Stop complaining already and form your own groups. You'll be much happier, I promise!
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Well, for one, I am doing the dungeons with my girlfriend, and since she's fairly new, it would only be natural to stay by her and kill everything in our way (That is also what the dungeon's all about, no?), and seeing someone pretty much undermine the whole dungeon run kinda makes it... You know, a waste of time doing the dungeon.

Also, mechanics in normal dungeons are still kind of important, believe it or not. At least for the Content-Pack dungeons. I cannot tell how many hairs on my head have been Dante'fied because the DPS don't think it's important to interrupt the shadows in Cradle of Shadows, or how standing behind a pillar is overrated in the first encounter of the Scalecaller dungeon.

You're exactly the kind of player I don't want to be with- someone playing with their significant other. In my experience, those kind of players are the one's who A. don't pay attention to group chat B. don't pay attention to the group C. aren't in group voice.

Those aren't the mechanics we are speaking of. Even on normal, Scalecaller is still easy compared to the Vet. Hell, I've noticed most players don't even know to break free from the final boss in Direfrost.

You came in with an issue and many of us explained why the speed running happens. It's a fact of life, and frankly, is only indicative of an experienced player. I'm not asking you to kowtow to a CP 720, but when they do 95% of the work to clear the dungeon and all you have to do is follow, even if you die (which is kinda like a free ticket as you can't be hit and can run through any mobs still alive).

I don't know your level, nor your experience in the game but if you've been around long enough you learn the dungeons and when you get two DD's who pull 10k dps combined, a tank with no taunts, or a healer that can't heal well, you learn to take care of yourself AND kill things.

So thats why you see 600's+ speed running, they don't have time for a dps that spams light attacks, a healer with no shards, or a tank with no CC ability. They want the key, the clear, and at the moment, the box, so they can move on to the next task.

Precisely. I’m only doing normals during this event for the boxes (and I do normals for the random XP bonus, though since I’ve hit 720, I’m less inclined to do so). I do not need a tank or a healer to do a normal dungeon. If low levels have the situational awareness to stay out of red circles, they do not need a tank or healer either; I do enough DPS to keep the vast majority of the trash attacking me. If said low-levels stop to attack small groups of mobs instead of following me (which I specifically ASK people to do at the beginning of a dungeon), then yeah, they’ll die to the groups of mobs that they’re attacking with their 5k DPS.

I don’t want people to “fawn” over me for being level-capped; I just want to get that freaking chance at a Worm Cult motif at more than a glacial pace:

Sorry, but are you seriously saying you tell people to follow you in a random normal dungeon?!?! I have no words!

Uh, yeah. Usually some variation on “please stick with me during trash pulls, I’m pulling multiple groups.” The vast majority of the people I group with listen, and say “thanks, nice quick run” at the end. You know what the crown symbol signifies in a group, right? It’s not unusual at all for the most experienced person in an MMO dungeon to give directions and to set the strategy.
    Evidently you and I take a very different approach to running random normal. I could run these dungeons in my sleep, solo, but I would NEVER try prescribe how somebody else should run these dungeons. A vet dungeon, maybe... A trial, I would definitely want to be sure everyone knew what they were doing but a random normal?? If you start issuing instructions like "follow me" for a random normal.... I'm sorry but your uncooperative minions aren't the issue!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's funny is that these rushers are all around the 600 to 720 in CP, which I understand, you're all high level players and you have people follow you and fawn over you and your high CP level. Well, let me just say I'm not feeling prepared to roll around over you just because of your high CP, and if I am a tank, it would be in your best interest to follow Me

Do the same dungeon hundreds of times and come back to talk.

I'm not slowing down to do a normal dungeon that I can solo faster. I'm there for the random dungeon xp. So if you drag your feet, I'm going on ahead. Some of us run xp pots/scrolls and aren't wasting it waiting on you.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like someone is getting salty over being low cp.

Yes I do speed runs because I've 8 characters to do the pledges on and I don't have time to stop and look at the scenery. I pretty much run the dungeons with a mate who has 16 characters. We do them on our own.

If you don't like it and you aren't the dungeon leader just leave. Better still join a guild and make some friends to do the dungeons with.
  • CelestialSlayer
    CelestialSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Did I write this post ? because this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I've been fuming about lately. It matches WORD. FOR. WORD.
    "Hey I have the quest, guys, I'm reading the dialogue, mind waiting ?"
    "Reading the dialogue ? urgh, you make me want to puke."

Wow, what a pleasant exchange ! What a fantastic community !

Time is a precious commodity, esp. when you have multiple alts who need to do pledges. I’m not going to spend half an hour to do a dungeon so that you can read quest dialogue that is available on various wikis. If you want to read the quest dialogue, solo it on normal or group with people who also want to read the dialogue. Most people who run dungeons in this game do not read the dungeon quest dialogue.

Don't agree with your assertion. You only get to do it once and the dungeon quests are some of the best dialogue. Not everyone is in a rush and this event has brought the worst out in the community. Rushing around getting boxes. I'm glad it's ending tomorrow. I think when you join a dungeon you tell people you are doing the quest. To me that means they want to read the dialogue and enjoy the quest. If someone had an issue they should say I'm in a hurry and then people can decide. But usually if someone says they are doing a quest and they are either low or no cp then i wait for them as they are new and i like to be friendly to new players, and not all high and mighty with "read it in a wiki" this is supposed to be a social game after all.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for one, I am doing the dungeons with my girlfriend, and since she's fairly new, it would only be natural to stay by her and kill everything in our way (That is also what the dungeon's all about, no?), and seeing someone pretty much undermine the whole dungeon run kinda makes it... You know, a waste of time doing the dungeon.

Also, mechanics in normal dungeons are still kind of important, believe it or not. At least for the Content-Pack dungeons. I cannot tell how many hairs on my head have been Dante'fied because the DPS don't think it's important to interrupt the shadows in Cradle of Shadows, or how standing behind a pillar is overrated in the first encounter of the Scalecaller dungeon.

You're exactly the kind of player I don't want to be with- someone playing with their significant other. In my experience, those kind of players are the one's who A. don't pay attention to group chat B. don't pay attention to the group C. aren't in group voice.

Those aren't the mechanics we are speaking of. Even on normal, Scalecaller is still easy compared to the Vet. Hell, I've noticed most players don't even know to break free from the final boss in Direfrost.

You came in with an issue and many of us explained why the speed running happens. It's a fact of life, and frankly, is only indicative of an experienced player. I'm not asking you to kowtow to a CP 720, but when they do 95% of the work to clear the dungeon and all you have to do is follow, even if you die (which is kinda like a free ticket as you can't be hit and can run through any mobs still alive).

I don't know your level, nor your experience in the game but if you've been around long enough you learn the dungeons and when you get two DD's who pull 10k dps combined, a tank with no taunts, or a healer that can't heal well, you learn to take care of yourself AND kill things.

So thats why you see 600's+ speed running, they don't have time for a dps that spams light attacks, a healer with no shards, or a tank with no CC ability. They want the key, the clear, and at the moment, the box, so they can move on to the next task.

Precisely. I’m only doing normals during this event for the boxes (and I do normals for the random XP bonus, though since I’ve hit 720, I’m less inclined to do so). I do not need a tank or a healer to do a normal dungeon. If low levels have the situational awareness to stay out of red circles, they do not need a tank or healer either; I do enough DPS to keep the vast majority of the trash attacking me. If said low-levels stop to attack small groups of mobs instead of following me (which I specifically ASK people to do at the beginning of a dungeon), then yeah, they’ll die to the groups of mobs that they’re attacking with their 5k DPS.

I don’t want people to “fawn” over me for being level-capped; I just want to get that freaking chance at a Worm Cult motif at more than a glacial pace:

Sorry, but are you seriously saying you tell people to follow you in a random normal dungeon?!?! I have no words!

Uh, yeah. Usually some variation on “please stick with me during trash pulls, I’m pulling multiple groups.” The vast majority of the people I group with listen, and say “thanks, nice quick run” at the end. You know what the crown symbol signifies in a group, right? It’s not unusual at all for the most experienced person in an MMO dungeon to give directions and to set the strategy.
    Evidently you and I take a very different approach to running random normal. I could run these dungeons in my sleep, solo, but I would NEVER try prescribe how somebody else should run these dungeons. A vet dungeon, maybe... A trial, I would definitely want to be sure everyone knew what they were doing but a random normal?? If you start issuing instructions like "follow me" for a random normal.... I'm sorry but your uncooperative minions aren't the issue!

If I tell people at the beginning of a dungeon that I'm pulling multiple groups, and that they should stick with me to avoid getting killed by trash adds that they aggro when they stop to kill them one by one, I am doing them a favour. I could just blitz on ahead and ignore them completely, but I don't. I give them a heads-up. If they decide to ignore me and kill mobs one at a time, that's on them. I'm not going to spend half an hour doing a dungeon that can be completed in under 10 minutes either way.

It is honestly baffling that people would complain about a damage dealer who disposes of trash groups efficiently...
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    What's funny is that these rushers are all around the 600 to 720 in CP, which I understand, you're all high level players and you have people follow you and fawn over you and your high CP level. Well, let me just say I'm not feeling prepared to roll around over you just because of your high CP, and if I am a tank, it would be in your best interest to follow Me

I'm not slowing down to do a normal dungeon that I can solo faster. I'm there for the random dungeon xp. So if you drag your feet, I'm going on ahead. Some of us run xp pots/scrolls and aren't wasting it waiting on you.

Why not find 3 other speed runners in zone and the 4 of you queue up as a group for the random dungeon ?

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guarlet wrote: »
    You realize I can turn this around on to you and say "Next time, maybe try finding a group of people who want to blitz through as fast as possible through a dungeon just like you, that way you'll never be disappointed."
    you can, but the issue here is, that you are the one complaining about the "speedrunners".
    so if they have no issue with you being slow but you have an issue with them being fast, then you are the person who should consider doing it another way. that is, if it bothers you that much.

This is ridiculous logic. Firstly if you race through a dungeon it does not mean the people you left behind are slow. Not being fast does not equal being slow.. that is just bad logic! Secondly "if they have no issue with you being slow but you have an issue with them being fast, then you are the person who should consider doing it another way"?? No, again, just bad logic. You are implying parity between the two approaches to running a group dungeon and that not accepting somebody else's ignorance is a cause for you to "consider doing it another way"! If somebody is being rude it does not imply that everybody must respect their stance because all opinions are equal, that is just bad logic! And yes, ive read the arguments before that the person who doesn't race through the dungeon can be considered rude because they are delaying the speed runner, but again, this is just ridiculous. You cannot equate the person who races through a dungeon with ignorant abandon of the people they leave the behind with the person who cannot keep up with this speed runner. One of these people is making an active choice to be an *******!

But they're not. They aren't doing it to purposely ruin your day lol. They're doing it because they want to get that *** done. Not everybody has unlimited hours per day to stare at mould growing on dungeon walls. If they slow down for you, it is a nice thing they are doing for you, not a bloody obligation.

You can't force loads of people to play a way that they don't want to play, just to cater to you. It's just not going to happen, and is frankly kind of selfish to want. Stop complaining already and form your own groups. You'll be much happier, I promise!

You're right. You cant force people not to skip queues or cut lanes! You cant make people show courtesy to others.. but that doesn't mean that it should be accepted. If you race through a dungeon and ignore the other 3 people in a group activity, that by almost archetypal description is ignorance. And yes, people can play whatever way they want... but that doesn't make it right! There are many anti-social proclivities not prohibited by rules or laws... that doesn't mean we should do them!
    Bottom line.. this comes down to whether or not you are willing to consider other people above your own needs and wants! I often get fired up over these threads and in truth its not so much about the people speed running dungeons.. its often more to do with the arguments and justifications that people apply to excuse their ignorance. I just think it would be a sad world if we all did whatever we wanted without considering others and it has always been my opinion that speed runners in a GROUP dungeon represent this approach.
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    MarleyRain wrote: »
    In my opinion this type of rushing through everything and leaving everyone else in the dust does more harm than good. Let's be honest these people do not kill the mobs they run by they leave them for the rest of the group.. People who do this should not que for a group activity. Especially when they're in beginner level dungeons that have ::beginners:: in them. Have some common decency, it's not a one man show.

That's just stupid. If you're talking about dungeons, nobody does that- effectively doing a dungeon by yourself is very slow. When they "run by" the mob it's in order to group them up to AOE down at a later point.

They never say "hey fyi I'm gonna group up the mobs" never. If they had I'd be all for it, and to say no one does this in dungeons is a lie. I've encountered many an idiot who run past everything and start hitting the boss. It's ridiculous. Everyone is going to have their own opinions and ways of playing, it either comes down to you give a crap about the ppl grouped with you, or you only care about yourself and your goals. Plain and simple.

Well, that's because it should be assumed, as it's kind of an obvious action. Also there are many easy bosses that can be fought alongside the mobs that preceded it. As far as I'm aware, mobs don't de-aggro in dungeons (at least it's very difficult to do so) so they have to die eventually and most people who aren't idiots know that.

Also, funny that you say that people "only care about themselves and their goals," because that's exactly what you and people like you in this thread are doing. ;)

We can argue until next week and no one's mind will be changed. Like I said in the beginning of my post, in my opinion it's rude and does more harm than good. Now if everyone is on the same page and does a speed run effectively that's great. This is another matter. You see?

You say it's rude, and does more harm then good but then offer nothing to support the argument.

That is why so many people are completely dismissing your opinion. Because it's not founded in anything besides your fee fees.
    omg ok. I say it's rude and does more harm than good because, as one person skips all mobs runs to boss, that leaves the rest of us to deal with the mess. I don't know why I even have to explain myself and my opinion. Common sense tells you, stay with group, kill adds, get to boss, repeat. Most ppl that do this completely don't kill any mobs just run through. So it turns the run into chaos for everyone else. Now please stop replying to me as I am busy and done with this argument.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So you engage in a quintessential group activity but just because you are there only for the XP, everyone else can eat you dust? And you don't see an issue with this approach?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Did I write this post ? because this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I've been fuming about lately. It matches WORD. FOR. WORD.
    "Hey I have the quest, guys, I'm reading the dialogue, mind waiting ?"
    "Reading the dialogue ? urgh, you make me want to puke."

Wow, what a pleasant exchange ! What a fantastic community !

Time is a precious commodity, esp. when you have multiple alts who need to do pledges. I’m not going to spend half an hour to do a dungeon so that you can read quest dialogue that is available on various wikis. If you want to read the quest dialogue, solo it on normal or group with people who also want to read the dialogue. Most people who run dungeons in this game do not read the dungeon quest dialogue.

Don't agree with your assertion. You only get to do it once and the dungeon quests are some of the best dialogue. Not everyone is in a rush and this event has brought the worst out in the community. Rushing around getting boxes. I'm glad it's ending tomorrow. I think when you join a dungeon you tell people you are doing the quest. To me that means they want to read the dialogue and enjoy the quest. If someone had an issue they should say I'm in a hurry and then people can decide. But usually if someone says they are doing a quest and they are either low or no cp then i wait for them as they are new and i like to be friendly to new players, and not all high and mighty with "read it in a wiki" this is supposed to be a social game after all.

You can disagree, but that doesn't make what I've said any less true. Good luck finding people in a random MMO group finder who are willing to stand around doing nothing while someone else listens to the quest dialogue... There's nothing wrong with telling people you're doing the quest so that you're actually able to get your skill point at the end of the dungeon, but expecting people to lengthen the dungeon even more so you can listen to the quest dialogue...? That's a pretty selfish thing to do to three other people who have probably done that dungeon 1000s of times and are just there for their two pledge keys.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »

Why not find 3 other speed runners in zone and the 4 of you queue up as a group for the random dungeon ?

Involves too much social imteraction. Not only that, might also have to include them judging each other, because someone might be one CP lower than 720, therefore they can't join the speed-train.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.
    Lindsey wrote: »

Yes I do speed runs because I've 8 characters to do the pledges on and I don't have time to stop and look at the scenery. I pretty much run the dungeons with a mate who has 16 characters. We do them on our own.

If you don't like it and you aren't the dungeon leader just leave. Better still join a guild and make some friends to do the dungeons with.

As if 454CP was "Low"...

You sound like the smudge scraped off from Malacath's boot.
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well here's the other side of the coin:

Those 600+ players have run that dungeon about a billion times. I used to hate this too but I now understand why. For one, they try to do "big pulls" yanking most of the bad guys to an area and then melting them down with AOE's. Most 720's can solo a normal dungeon so honestly, you're getting a free run and a free key, or a free/quick jubilee box

Frankly when you get those kind of people, you can either run after them (you'll need to heal through some things; which in all honesty your healer might not be in position to do as you get stretched out or quit.If you're the tank, frankly, you probably aren't pulling enough CC, chains and such. OR you just don't know how to do a big pull that higher level players like, to melt down the bad guys as fast as possible.

For instance, in Banished Cells 1, that group of trash before the final boss, they should be pulled/chained into the hallway and turned into one massive group so the DD's can melt them down. SOOO many players don't do this and it drives me nuts because you are left fighting onesies and twosies.

I do want to add: I understand your frustration, I've been there. Also note that the jubilee event has been going on for quite some time now and I am willing to wager some folks are a bit burnt out with being 720 and having 3 group members that are sub lv. 50.

I'm almost 400 and it's happened enough to me where players want to take their time in a simple dungeon like Banished, Spindleclutch, Wayrest, or Elden Hollow.

Oh here we go with the 'free run' argument! People don't want or need a free run. If you storm off ahead, you are just hijacking a dungeon. It doesn't mean the other people cant complete it. It just means you ran to the mob first and acted ignorant of the fact that this is a GROUP activity with 3 other people looking to do this dungeon. I've heard ALL these arguments before many times. Bottom line - if you run a GROUP activity and hijack the event just because you want this run to be the 'ME' show, you're just being plain ignorant!! Why not just run with the group? Whats the difference? 3mins!? Sometimes I wonder if these ignorant people are actually thinking they are impressing the people they leave in their wake.
    I am well over max CP and I will never storm a dungeon and leave the other 3 people behind!

there's an easy solution. if there are 3 people that want to do it slow, they can kick the one person that is fast.
    the person gets a new group in 3 min and will be finished faster than with the 3 slow players.
    that's fine for both parties.
    if there are only 2 people that want to play slow, then it can't be considered anti-group or hijacking in any way at all, because you are not the majority. in that case you have to live with the fact that dungeons can go either way and choosing to use the dungeon finder you accepted it.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right. You cant force people not to skip queues or cut lanes! You cant make people show courtesy to others.. but that doesn't mean that it should be accepted. If you race through a dungeon and ignore the other 3 people in a group activity, that by almost archetypal description is ignorance. And yes, people can play whatever way they want... but that doesn't make it right! There are many anti-social proclivities not prohibited by rules or laws... that doesn't mean we should do them!
    Bottom line.. this comes down to whether or not you are willing to consider other people above your own needs and wants! I often get fired up over these threads and in truth its not so much about the people speed running dungeons.. its often more to do with the arguments and justifications that people apply to excuse their ignorance. I just think it would be a sad world if we all did whatever we wanted without considering others and it has always been my opinion that speed runners in a GROUP dungeon represent this approach.

Wow. I'm reaaaaally starting to sound like a broken record, but it's funny because that's exactly what you people who want groups to slow down for them aren't doing. You aren't considering other people's time to have value. People have jobs and children and limited playtimes, not every has time to frolick and pick daisies on every single dungeon run.

If they want to do that with you, great! Then that works out nicely for everyone involved. But if the majority doesn't, then suck it up and do it their way. They have every right to run content the way they want, and you do too! If you form a group where that's what the majority of people want.

Honestly y'all. Find a guild. If you join a good one, you'll have lots of fun socialising, joking, and completing whatever you need while on dungeon runs. It's much more pleasant than random queueing anyways. And then you can stop bitching.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 22, 2018 11:05PM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you engage in a quintessential group activity but just because you are there only for the XP, everyone else can eat you dust? And you don't see an issue with this approach?

Nope. As long as ZOS forces us to group with randoms for the xp bonus, I see no problem at all.

Keep in mind also, I usually have 1-2 friends with me. So you'll be the odd man out.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭

If your doing it for XP, and your argument is your wasting xp boosts by not rushing, then your doing it wrong. Run the dungeon (however the group wants; if they want to speedrun, speedrun) at final boss apply pots/scroll, get the daily completion bonus, then go grind.

Since you and your mate duo them, why not just walk in and ignore group finder? Group finder doesn't guarantee pledges, so that's a potential waste of time. Not attacking a serious question.
    And your second paragraph is a null point. Group lead is random in GF, and If someone is NEW how are they instantly getting a guild and friends to run dailies with?

To all using the pledge speed excuse, and you can apparently run dungeons faster solo than in group: you do all realise you can walk in for pledge right? Random daily gives an XP boost and an undaunted box (nothing exciting) that's it!

Edit: added undaunted box
    Edited by Thorstienn on April 22, 2018 11:09PM
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread summary:

"My way is better. You're a d¡ck!"

"No, my way is better. And you're an a$$!"
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭

Involves too much social imteraction. Not only that, might also have to include them judging each other, because someone might be one CP lower than 720, therefore they can't join the speed-train.

As if 454CP was "Low"...

Yeah but it's still not 600 to 720 is it. I'm not the cry baby who is moaning about people running through dungeons. Sounds like you can't do it and don't want to look stupid or inferior in front of your gf. Stop the moaning and find some friends and stay away from dungeon finder. Some higher cp players want to get out of there as fast as possible because of players who are around 454cp and stand there doing light attacks with a bow which is completely useless and have no idea what to do.

Fyi I'd sooner be the smudge off malacaths boot than to have Molag Bals a** as a face.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As if 454CP was "Low"...

Yeah but it's still not 600 to 720 is it. I'm not the cry baby who is moaning about people running through dungeons. Sounds like you can't do it and don't want to look stupid or inferior in front of your gf. Stop the moaning and find some friends and stay away from dungeon finder. Some higher cp players want to get out of there as fast as possible because of players who are around 454cp and stand there doing light attacks with a bow which is completely useless and have no idea what to do.

Fyi I'd sooner be the smudge off malacaths boot than to have Molag Bals a** as a face.

Heh.. Who is the salty person now, eh?

You're being unmecessarily hostile here. Also, don't think you're in any position to talk about the working between me and my girlfriend. I suggest you show some respect.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Chicharron wrote: »
    Time to time i see one of those.

If someone needs the quest and they do not want to wait, before the final boss we kick him out.

It's very funny to see how they get angry, it never fails.

That makes you just as bad as the person rushing ahead. Worse actually. People can do the quest dialouge while others push ahead and kill the trash mobs. Nice on you to waste the time of others for a few laughs though.

My last run.

Tank: hello, i need the quest.

No-lifer: to bad, i wait for no one.

before reaching the final boss, vote to kick, all say yes.

I cant do it alone, need 2 votes, and guess what? always works.
    Edited by Chicharron on April 22, 2018 11:23PM
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, this post may be getting out of control. Still, I do believe there's a discussion to be had here, about teamplay, new players and how to welcome them into the game, and how to find a balance.

For example, to those who do the dungeon run for the event : why not merely solo the dungeon since it's such a breeze ? that way, nobody is bothered.

For the random dungeon xp : there's a veteran dungeon xp bonus too. Veteran dungeon is specifically there for veteran players. Why not use it ?
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭
    Thorstienn wrote: »

If your doing it for XP, and your argument is your wasting xp boosts by not rushing, then your doing it wrong. Run the dungeon (however the group wants; if they want to speedrun, speedrun) at final boss apply pots/scroll, get the daily completion bonus, then go grind.

Since you and your mate duo them, why not just walk in and ignore group finder? Group finder doesn't guarantee pledges, so that's a potential waste of time. Not attacking a serious question.
    And your second paragraph is a null point. Group lead is random in GF, and If someone is NEW how are they instantly getting a guild and friends to run dailies with?

To all using the pledge speed excuse, and you can apparently run dungeons faster solo than in group: you do all realise you can walk in for pledge right? Random daily gives an XP boost and an undaunted box (nothing exciting) that's it!

Never said I used group finder for speed runs. Thats why I said we do them on our own. In group finder we do kill everything and even give low levels advice but most of the time it's middle range cp players who are beyond help and do no damage.

Btw he said his gf is new not him. He's 454 cp so he should be in 1 guild already. Plus he could always ask in zone chat and make friends that way.
    Edited by Lindsey on April 22, 2018 11:43PM
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭

As if 454CP was "Low"...

Heh.. Who is the salty person now, eh?

You're being unmecessarily hostile here. Also, don't think you're in any position to talk about the working between me and my girlfriend. I suggest you show some respect.

Lol your moaning about people not completing dungeons YOUR way. As for hostile, hmmm smudge off malacaths boot? Enough said. As for you and your gf I couldn't care less what you do. I suggest you show some respect and realise not everyone plays the game the same way or has the same amount of time to play. If you don't like the way people run through the dungeon then just leave. Same for those who don't like the fact you are slower. As I have said in every post. Find some friends who play the game the same as you and play with them and quit moaning.
    Edited by Lindsey on April 23, 2018 12:03AM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These scrubs need to git gud and speed run vet dungeons. It honestly isn't much different than normal tbh
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man some of the egos here are just bewildering...

If i ever make it to 720cp i will go slow just to spite some of you, i might even ruin the dungeon just to upset some of you.. thats how much i hate bigots..
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah I'll do it the way I and my two friends want to do it. Anyone we pull from group finder is a guest only. We will stop for quests for noobs, but if you're CP and slow, you will be left behind. We don't care about excuses.
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normals are boring enough without slow as *** people. Most of the time they barely contribute anyway.
    PC-NA Goat
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah I'll do it the way I and my two friends want to do it. Anyone we pull from group finder is a guest only. We will stop for quests for noobs, but if you're CP and slow, you will be left behind. We don't care about excuses.
    This, you can always drop quest if you want to listen to dialogue, remember I had to drop quest 3 times on Scalecaller Peak normal as I always ended up in the middle of dungeon and wanted the quest story.
    note that it will require an serious dps to not catch up to group before they drop the next boss.
    You will do the dungeon many times.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    kick them or quit the group yourself
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭

why is it rude if someone finishes the dungeon in a short time?
    you talk about logic, but there is none in your argument.
    you consider it rude because you want to do the dungeon in a different speed.
    using "fast" and "slow" is quite an adequate description of the process, because doing it your way will take a lot longer and will be considered slow by anyone that can run through the dungeon, killing mobs left and right.
    if it makes you feel better, feel free to use a different word.
    being efficient and fast in a dungeon has nothing to do with wanting to be rude. its just that, efficient and fast.
    i said it in another post:
    if there are 3 players that want to be slow, they can kick the person if they don't like the dungeon done this way.
    if there are only 2 players that want to be slow, then you are out of luck, because the approach of the other 2 players is as valid as yours is.
    there is no moral high ground here.
    some prefer doing a dungeon this way, some prefer it the other way.
    using the dungeon finder, you accept to meet players with different preferences.
    if it bothers you, then you should be the one considering doing it another way.
    all you and the others do is complaining that people play the way they want instead of playing the way you want them to play.
    quite a lot of entitlement going on with your kind.
    oh, and before you complain: i'm not telling you how to play. you can be as slow as you want if we meet in a dungeon, i'm not going to complain at all. i'll just finish the dungeon.
    Edited by Dragath on April 23, 2018 3:08AM