The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

To people who enjoy speedrunning...

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think we need a speedrun option in the group finder so people can group with people of like-minded goals.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    You speed runners are even doing it in delves with no consideration for others in there.

It's because they are easy. If you die in a delve, you're doing something wrong. You must not have any self heals, health pots, or have a backwards build.

So no, I don't feel sorry for you because I come into a delve and run through it. Personally, if I aggro it, I kill it but I don't have any regard for the person going slowly killing one or two enemies at a time.

I do wait at the final boss for a little bit, for the slower folks to catch up just a bit..But in all honesty, I'm usually the bulldozer that lesser ranked players will get behind, and I do the same when I see a higher level player in front of me.

This is the dumbest thing to cry about on the forums. Really, the guy gets a free carry, doesn't have to deal with two DD's that can't kill things or a lame tank, gets a speed clear so he can go on to something else and he's out here complaining.

Complaining for the sake of complaining.

Tell that to a level 8 character. Free carry ? No one asked for a carry.

I actually do clear delves and loot everything and read everything.
    I've run across others doing the same and we group up and have a great time.

I don't play this game when I don't have time to play this game.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarleyRain wrote: »
    Especially when they're in beginner level dungeons that have ::beginners:: in them. Have some common decency, it's not a one man show.

When they are part of undaunted quests, I do not feel bad.

If they are part of my random daily quest, I do not feel bad.

But it's also why I don't queue for the easy dungeons when they aren't part of a larger quest.

This is why the higher level players do quick runs. They are also able to do no death speed runs.

I feel like if you are complaining about this, you just don't know how to play the game very well. Even my squishy stamDK, I can slot vigor and GDB, pot health pots when needed, and survive a dungeon with no healer at 356 CP's.

I can also heal through a long pull where one or two adds drop from the pulling player and want to attack me. If i don't well I respawn and get a free run as a ghost to catch up.

Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Get your own group together, if you want to skip most of the dungeon, while being rude enough to leave other people in the dust.

Lately I've been encountering more and more groups that has that one or two players who just rush ahead of everyone (Even the tank, because let's be honest, normal dungeons are that wee-easy), and then have the nerve to have a passive-aggressive attitude towards anyone who tells them "'Oy, stop running ahead of the rest of the group"

One occurence had people literary running past everything. Past mobs and kept running even when they aggroed them. It made me start asking myself why even bother being in the dungeon, if everyone's just gonna run ahead of everything. One run left me somewhat amused, just for how *** up it was, in seeing one tank being so eager to speedrun, that he was shouting frantic nonsense like "wtf why can't I go forward???" because he couldn't get to the last boss in Elden Hollow 1.

What's funny is that these rushers are all around the 600 to 720 in CP, which I understand, you're all high level players and you have people follow you and fawn over you and your high CP level. Well, let me just say I'm not feeling prepared to roll around over you just because of your high CP, and if I am a tank, it would be in your best interest to follow Me

Oh well. I can always let these people be stuck in a snag and have them wait for a tank to bail them through a tough encounter, while I can leave and find a new group in a matter of moments.

But tell me, ladies and gentlemen. How can I deal with this little dillema?

1. Vote to kick
    2. Leave and find another group (let yourself get kicked to avoid a time penalty)
    3. Go at your own pace, notwithstanding the speedrunners
    4. Petition ZOS for a speedrun option in the group finder
    5. Create awareness on the forums and hope that over time, people will stop the obnoxious behavior

That;s the thing though, kalgert is the only one exhibiting obnoxious behavior. Throwing a fit over quick dungeon runs lol...

To put it simply: Normal dungeons are too to bother pulling them 1-2 small groups at a time. And if you can skip to the bosses why not? Thats where all the qeusts take place, thats where all the rewards and XP come from. Everything in between is crap. What these speed runners are doing is making the game more efficient. If you want to run it with RP'ers, run it with RP'ers. Everyone else wants to get in and out asap so they can killt he last boss again for another chance at the 1 specific item they've been trying to find for the past 2 weeks
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on April 22, 2018 7:48PM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    You speed runners are even doing it in delves with no consideration for others in there.

It's because they are easy. If you die in a delve, you're doing something wrong. You must not have any self heals, health pots, or have a backwards build.

So no, I don't feel sorry for you because I come into a delve and run through it. Personally, if I aggro it, I kill it but I don't have any regard for the person going slowly killing one or two enemies at a time.

I do wait at the final boss for a little bit, for the slower folks to catch up just a bit..But in all honesty, I'm usually the bulldozer that lesser ranked players will get behind, and I do the same when I see a higher level player in front of me.

This is the dumbest thing to cry about on the forums. Really, the guy gets a free carry, doesn't have to deal with two DD's that can't kill things or a lame tank, gets a speed clear so he can go on to something else and he's out here complaining.

Complaining for the sake of complaining.

Tell that to a level 8 character. Free carry ? No one asked for a carry.

you didn't have to ask for it. It's a public instance.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion this type of rushing through everything and leaving everyone else in the dust does more harm than good. Let's be honest these people do not kill the mobs they run by they leave them for the rest of the group.. People who do this should not que for a group activity. Especially when they're in beginner level dungeons that have ::beginners:: in them. Have some common decency, it's not a one man show.

That's just stupid. If you're talking about dungeons, nobody does that- effectively doing a dungeon by yourself is very slow. When they "run by" the mob it's in order to group them up to AOE down at a later point.
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Juju_beans;c-5072720"Tell that to a level 8 character. Free carry ? No one asked for a carry.

[/quote]

Level 8? Really? So what, you're level 8 for what? 15 mins...??? It's not a matter of not having time, it's a matter of doing the most WITH the time they have.

Level 8's have what, 23k health?? I have 13.3 unbuffed, 18k buffed. If you are a level 8 and eat bread you should have a stupid amount of health and are battle leveled to 160. So really, quit complaining that the experienced players, who again have done this stuff so many times, are doing this faster than others.

If you want to take your time, then take your time, but don't get twisted up when players come in and want to clear easy content quickly
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    "Tell that to a level 8 character. Free carry ? No one asked for a carry.

Level 8? Really? So what, you're level 8 for what? 15 mins...??? It's not a matter of not having time, it's a matter of doing the most WITH the time they have.

Level 8's have what, 23k health?? I have 13.3 unbuffed, 18k buffed. If you are a level 8 and eat bread you should have a stupid amount of health and are battle leveled to 160. So really, quit complaining that the experienced players, who again have done this stuff so many times, are doing this faster than others.

If you want to take your time, then take your time, but don't get twisted up when players come in and want to clear easy content quickly

If you had read my post ...I was fighting 3 mobs with aoe..a speed runner came by training 3 more who got tagged by my aoe and left me there fighting 6 mobs.

At level 8 how many skills does one have ? I didn't even have 2 weapons to fight with at level 8.
    Edited by Juju_beans on April 22, 2018 7:55PM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

If you had read my post ...I was fighting 3 mobs with aoe..a speed runner came by training 3 more who got tagged by my aoe and left me there fighting 6 mobs.

At level 8 how many skills does one have ? I didn't even have 2 weapons to fight with at level 8.

one could have about 8, unless one were competent and sought out extra skills by doing public dungeons and skyshards :)

It
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    Guarlet wrote: »
    In my opinion this type of rushing through everything and leaving everyone else in the dust does more harm than good. Let's be honest these people do not kill the mobs they run by they leave them for the rest of the group.. People who do this should not que for a group activity. Especially when they're in beginner level dungeons that have ::beginners:: in them. Have some common decency, it's not a one man show.

That's just stupid. If you're talking about dungeons, nobody does that- effectively doing a dungeon by yourself is very slow. When they "run by" the mob it's in order to group them up to AOE down at a later point.

They never say "hey fyi I'm gonna group up the mobs" never. If they had I'd be all for it, and to say no one does this in dungeons is a lie. I've encountered many an idiot who run past everything and start hitting the boss. It's ridiculous. Everyone is going to have their own opinions and ways of playing, it either comes down to you give a crap about the ppl grouped with you, or you only care about yourself and your goals. Plain and simple.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fascinating to see this side of the game. Even as a lowbie, I was ecstatic to get a carry. I assumed I was doing them a big favor.

I got kicked from my first group yesterday actually. A bunch of level 30s who Were clearly brand new and not leveling Alts kept pestering me about running ahead. I ignored them and they kicked me. I didn't get why they were mad, they were fiddling around with god knows what because I had killed all mobs and I ain't waiting for that. Queued again and I'm sure I got it done while they were wasting someone else's time.

Also I don't really worry about getting another queue. It's a normal dungeon. Of course you queue as everything.
    Edited by pzschrek on April 22, 2018 8:13PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

one could have about 8, unless one were competent and sought out extra skills by doing public dungeons and skyshards :)

It

Lots of assumptions that brand new players know all this.

When I see low level players I don't assume they are alts of cp720 players who already know a lot, have the right crafted gear on, have the right food to use, have accumulated skyshards for points and put them in the right skills.

All I was trying to get across is that you are not the only one in these delves/dungeons no matter how fast you need to go.

It's like driving on a highway. If you're the only one on the highway you can go as fast as you want and in any lane.
    But if other cars are on the highway then you have to take that into consideration.

• Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They never say "hey fyi I'm gonna group up the mobs" never. If they had I'd be all for it, and to say no one does this in dungeons is a lie. I've encountered many an idiot who run past everything and start hitting the boss. It's ridiculous. Everyone is going to have their own opinions and ways of playing, it either comes down to you give a crap about the ppl grouped with you, or you only care about yourself and your goals. Plain and simple.

Well, that's because it should be assumed, as it's kind of an obvious action. Also there are many easy bosses that can be fought alongside the mobs that preceded it. As far as I'm aware, mobs don't de-aggro in dungeons (at least it's very difficult to do so) so they have to die eventually and most people who aren't idiots know that.

Also, funny that you say that people "only care about themselves and their goals," because that's exactly what you and people like you in this thread are doing. ;)
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly though I've never had anyone complain about the speed with which I run through dungeons.

If you want to experience the storyline of it, like I said, find a group of like minded people or ask the group you're in to hold up. If they don't, simply leave and try again.

Telling people they need to slow down to your speed is selfish, you're taking play time away from them.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly though I've never had anyone complain about the speed with which I run through dungeons.

If you want to experience the storyline of it, like I said, find a group of like minded people or ask the group you're in to hold up. If they don't, simply leave and try again.

Telling people they need to slow down to your speed is selfish, you're taking play time away from them.

Wouldn't the same apply to 'hurry up to your speed and skip trash mobs" ? isn't that also being selfish ?

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wouldn't the same apply to 'hurry up to your speed and skip trash mobs" ? isn't that also being selfish ?

Yup. It's case of competing interests. Some people want to go slower, and some people want to go faster. How do we resolve the conflict? Compromise, or majority wins?
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll hang around in a dungeon whilst you hand in your quest at the end, but I'm gonna "pull to boss" all the trash I can then pop my ulti on them all in a random normal.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. It's case of competing interests. Some people want to go slower, and some people want to go faster. How do we resolve the conflict? Compromise, or majority wins?

Find a guild of like minded people and don't use the dungeon finder.
    It's a bit harder in public dungeons and delves but I usually just step to the side and let the speed runner and their train of mobs run past.

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to go slow, make your own group with your friends
    People who want to go slow to discover a dungeon are usually new players. By virtue of this, chances are these people do not have the in-game social network that would allow them to form a suitable group for dungeon run. On the other hand, Champion characters, being more experienced, probably have more contacts.

Read the dialogue on wiki
    The developers took the time to write and pace a story and animate NPC expressions. Out of context wikia text is a subpar replacement at best, and actually insulting.

Experienced players have run this dungeon 1000 times
    And I get that. I do. Well-known dungeons get boring fast. But before they were experienced players, weren't these people BEGINNERS ? Don't they remember a time before they became this blasé, burnt-out kind of gamer ? I hope for them that there was indeed a time where they actually enjoyed the details of the art and storylines and the feeling of wide-eyed wonder discovering a new game, otherwise it'd just be sad.

We're doing Undaunted quests
    True, and as someone who flees Veteran like the plague yet regularly fails to notice they're automatically queuing for it instead of Normal, I seem to recall I once completed a normal undaunted quest in a veteran dungeon. THUS, if you're a veteran player who wants to rush without bothering with inexperienced, beginner players, this could be a solution, yes ?

We're good players, you suck, there are more of us, we dictate the rules
    Too bad that your definition of "good player" doesn't include teamwork. Otherwise, sure, can't really argue with that.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care, unless people complain when someone dies as a result... Happened to me, very rude language aswell. It would be good for coordination, if someone announces it like "I will pull a bit more, be careful..." or something. That increases the chances to complete survival or other achievements. Very simple, not complicated. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49uvg2CeuVU
    Edited by Kelces on April 22, 2018 8:48PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Best way is for the speedrunners to look at their own words for a second.

"Go join a rp guild."
    Why don't you join a dungeon guild? Or ask for people in zone chat who have 30 seconds to spare before the world ends.

"I can solo this dungeon."
    Then play it on your own.

"I don't have time for this."
    Stop using group finder with strangers who could be new/low level/questing/having fun.
    PS5 EU.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your with lower end people rushing to clear isn't bad just keep in mind:

1. Quests *BREAK* if you kill bosses before certain things. Make sure if people are on quests they do get their updates. Your just a *** if you don't care, and rushing a normal is so easy its not even called "Being skilled".

2. Like a previous poster mentioned. If you rush ahead its fine. Just aoe and kill the crap along the way. It takes like 3 seconds for a *decent* dps to clear a path to a boss. I get it if you can't AoE kill the packs that fast, but thats a L2P issue there.

3. People might need achievements for undaunted. I get it. You have it already, but if you were in his shoes you might be bitching the same way, so just pull optional bosses <Side boss in Wayrest 1/Elden hollow 1> and quickly kill them.

That's about it.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes, I forgot the RP guild thing, it was so absurd an argument.

Reading a dialogue has got nothing to do with roleplaying. It's more akin to lore gathering. Unless someone changed the definition of roleplaying while I was busy advancing the main quest. Uh...
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    OP: think you could of worded your post a little less aggressively. Also most of this problem your seeing should go away after the event ends as the only reason for a max lvl to run norm pledges is the anniversary reward box; otherwise they may as well blast through vetHM for the higher quality decon gear and 2 pledge keys (my opinion)

In saying that, I can see where the OP is coming from. If you want to speedrun grabbing mobs to the boss and nuke em, in random normal, you have to accept that that is where new players tend to go for dungeons. As such they may want to learn how to play their class, the dungeon mechanics and Get the story. It is the training ground that leads to vet content, (where we all complain about PUGs not knowing their role/class/mechanics).

As a "max lvl, solo all content, badass" you probably have a guild/friends list of ppl that want to smash through the daily for XP or complete pledges (which if you really want so fast, you can just solo, after all you CAN solo it anyway). As opposed to the random lvl20 in your group who might not be in a guild etc and new to MMOs so doesn't tend to use chat etc. Therefore far easier for the "speedrunner" to find their own group imho (I know it is for me).

At the end of the day "I want to pull all groups for a fast clear, follow me" isn't that tough for me to type (hell, I can pre-type it, cut and paste in grp straight away, on PC at least)

Now if you all feel the need, feel free to berate me etc.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

Best way is for the speedrunners to look at their own words for a second.

"Go join a rp guild."
    Why don't you join a dungeon guild? Or ask for people in zone chat who have 30 seconds to spare before the world ends.

"I can solo this dungeon."
    Then play it on your own.

"I don't have time for this."
    Stop using group finder with strangers who could be new/low level/questing/having fun.

stop expecting strangers you got paired with in the dungeon queue to cater their playstyle to your whims.
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭

Well, that's because it should be assumed, as it's kind of an obvious action. Also there are many easy bosses that can be fought alongside the mobs that preceded it. As far as I'm aware, mobs don't de-aggro in dungeons (at least it's very difficult to do so) so they have to die eventually and most people who aren't idiots know that.

Also, funny that you say that people "only care about themselves and their goals," because that's exactly what you and people like you in this thread are doing. ;)

We can argue until next week and no one's mind will be changed. Like I said in the beginning of my post, in my opinion it's rude and does more harm than good. Now if everyone is on the same page and does a speed run effectively that's great. This is another matter. You see?
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    But tell me, ladies and gentlemen. How can I deal with this little dillema?

You won't really like this answer, but if you want to do dungeons in your own tempo, then create a partnership around yourself, who share the same opinions about this thing. Or find a guild where you can find these partnerships (since you won't join a guild which doesn't fit you and vica-versa).

This event also wasn't too helpful in this matter, since players just wanted to do the daily pledges as fast as possible, on different characters, for the anniversary crates.

• SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need a speedrun option in the group finder so people can group with people of like-minded goals.

omg

and we need an option if you want to skip the first group, but not the second, and another option for skipping the second, but not the third

you can't 'optionalize' the whole game
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

omg

and we need an option if you want to skip the first group, but not the second, and another option for skipping the second, but not the third

Sure you can...speed runners can skip the entire dungeon..queue up for "boss only" and get ported right to the boss.
    That will save you even more time as you don't even need to run through the dungeon to get to the boss.

• Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

omg

I would even turn that around and say: Maybe it's time for no dungeon-finder system at all for a certain period of time. I mean seriously, people refuse to talk to each other and then wonder, why things don't go as expected. This might provide some time for badly needed practice in communication which has devolved to an amount of almost zero. That might teach some people a bit of humility. :wink:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!