Maintenance for the week of June 17:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issues related to logging in to the European PlayStation®4 megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

To people who enjoy speedrunning...

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Complaining about people playing the game well? I bet you never even thank people for the carry.

I have no words to express how stupid this sounds.

And I have no words to express how stupid it is to waste time pulling one trash group at a time in a normal dungeon when you have a damage dealer in the group who can do 30k+ DPS.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Did I write this post ? because this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I've been fuming about lately. It matches WORD. FOR. WORD.
    "Hey I have the quest, guys, I'm reading the dialogue, mind waiting ?"
    "Reading the dialogue ? urgh, you make me want to puke."

Wow, what a pleasant exchange ! What a fantastic community !

Time is a precious commodity, esp. when you have multiple alts who need to do pledges. I’m not going to spend half an hour to do a dungeon so that you can read quest dialogue that is available on various wikis. If you want to read the quest dialogue, solo it on normal or group with people who also want to read the dialogue. Most people who run dungeons in this game do not read the dungeon quest dialogue.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Complaining about people playing the game well? I bet you never even thank people for the carry.

I have no words to express how stupid this sounds.

And I have no words to express how stupid it is to waste time pulling one trash group at a time in a normal dungeon when you have a damage dealer in the group who can do 30k+ DPS.

And I have no words to express how insulting it is to players who are relatively fresh to the game, to have a bunch of max level characters rush forward and then act passive-aggressive when they are asked to come back.

We can keep going like this.

Then those new players are capable of saying to the rest of the group, "Hey, I'm doing the quest etc, please wait for me." Some groups may listen, some may not, but that's just the nature of running with completely random people. If you want to be certain of getting a group to run your way, then make your own group or join a likeminded guild or whatnot.

As I said before, I'm sure there are others who also would prefer to run dungeons at a slower pace. Go find them and run with them. But don't get upset when you don't get your way when the majority of a random group wants to do things differently to you... and only you.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 22, 2018 5:32PM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • luton0watford4
    luton0watford4
    ✭✭✭
    It is not significantly slowing anyone down to pause 5 or 10 seconds ahead of a pull or fight to let everyone collect and stage for the fight.

5 secs is not ruining anyone's day.

You can say that again ;)
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, few players understand the concept of "talking". If anyone says "I'm doing the quest, pls wait" I'll gladly do so. On the other hand, players who don't even respond to my initial "hi" have no right to complain about anyone rushing ahead.
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want quest dialogue get some buddies who will wait on you. Even when new dungeons are released I don't let people wait on me because I want to read every note. Instead I get a group that is willing to wait up, and then do it there. Making people wait on you is unfair to the rest of the team.

Otherwise, if you pug a dungeon, expect people just trying to get it done. Someone like me has done every dungeon a billion times and has 0 interest going slowly. They have other characters, other games, other people waiting on them for other content. Making them wait on you is unfair to everyone else.
    I can't outheal stupid
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gathering mobs is not the same as leaving the mobs for those players left behind you to deal with.

You’re supposed to stick with the person doing the gathering, rather than deciding to kill trash mobs one group at a time. If you stick with the person doing the gathering, you will only die if you do something stupid.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Gathering mobs is not the same as leaving the mobs for those players left behind you to deal with.

You’re supposed to stick with the person doing the gathering, rather than deciding to kill trash mobs one group at a time. If you stick with the person doing the gathering, you will only die if you do something stupid.

Yeah I mean, they don't "leave the mobs for players left behind you to deal with," that's a sure death sentence if you stay behind and try to kill them by yourself. You're supposed to tag along and everyone kills the grouped mobs together.

Also, I notice you didn't reply to my last post.
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it time OP and you will become one of these speed runners you hate. It has nothing to do with our high CP, wanting to show off or have people admire us. It's simply we have ran these dungeons 1000+ times and dont want to be in it any longer than we must.

Let them know if you're on a quest, most will be kind enough to wait between bosses. Trash pulls don't matter.

Get used to it though. I'm not gonna slow down because someone else wants to take their time doing a 10 minute dungeon and turn it into a 30 minute dungeon.

I've done dungeons many times in multiple MMO's.

I still take my time running them.

What do you say to that?

thats on you dude. take your time but you aren't going to get folks to slow down when we have stuff to do.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give it time OP and you will become one of these speed runners you hate. It has nothing to do with our high CP, wanting to show off or have people admire us. It's simply we have ran these dungeons 1000+ times and dont want to be in it any longer than we must.

Let them know if you're on a quest, most will be kind enough to wait between bosses. Trash pulls don't matter.

Get used to it though. I'm not gonna slow down because someone else wants to take their time doing a 10 minute dungeon and turn it into a 30 minute dungeon.

What do you say to that?

Hey I get it, you're not a strong player, it's okay but when you randomly get grouped with competent players don't take it out on them.

You are a troll, no question about it. But I will indulge this childish little fantasy.

A player who rushes forward with all disregard for other players' speed, is not a good player.

A good player is someone who can do mechanics properly.

A good player is someone who helps others survive.

A good player is someone who stays together with his group.

But hey, you're free to believe whatever you wish. Just please understand that your belief is... Well, wrong, to put it simply.

People are going to play how they want. If it's not against the TOS, there's nothing you will ever, ever be able to do about it.

At this point, calling people trolls and arguing, you're just using this thread to vent your frustration on anyone who replies to you.

Hate begets hate. I hope you're fine with that.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But what is good, and what is bad? People will argue over those definitions until the cows come home.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    You speed runners are even doing it in delves with no consideration for others in there.

It's because they are easy. If you die in a delve, you're doing something wrong. You must not have any self heals, health pots, or have a backwards build.

So no, I don't feel sorry for you because I come into a delve and run through it. Personally, if I aggro it, I kill it but I don't have any regard for the person going slowly killing one or two enemies at a time.

I do wait at the final boss for a little bit, for the slower folks to catch up just a bit..But in all honesty, I'm usually the bulldozer that lesser ranked players will get behind, and I do the same when I see a higher level player in front of me.

This is the dumbest thing to cry about on the forums. Really, the guy gets a free carry, doesn't have to deal with two DD's that can't kill things or a lame tank, gets a speed clear so he can go on to something else and he's out here complaining.

Complaining for the sake of complaining.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭

What do you say to that?

That's you. Some people only get an hour or two to play a day, if that. Why spend 1/4th of your time in a dungeon if you don't want or have to?

You want to take it slow then do so, but don't complain if I want to do the dungeon quicker and am able to do so on my own.

Joining a pug you run with what's been given to you and have no right to complain. If you want to enjoy the dungeon and quest, look for a like minded group instead of joining through match making.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Did I write this post ? because this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I've been fuming about lately. It matches WORD. FOR. WORD.
    "Hey I have the quest, guys, I'm reading the dialogue, mind waiting ?"
    "Reading the dialogue ? urgh, you make me want to puke."

Wow, what a pleasant exchange ! What a fantastic community !

If you want to experience every syllable of the quest dialogue, get into an RP guild or an immersion focused guild and run five mans with them. I'm sure they are out there en masse.

Furthermore if this level of immersion is what it takes for you to enjoy the game, why are you using a dungeon finder with instant teleports? you could be doing it the old fashioned way finding a party and travelling on foot.

You're like a lazy RP snob lol