The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

To people who enjoy speedrunning...

• Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    MarleyRain wrote: »
    Guarlet wrote: »
    In my opinion this type of rushing through everything and leaving everyone else in the dust does more harm than good. Let's be honest these people do not kill the mobs they run by they leave them for the rest of the group.. People who do this should not que for a group activity. Especially when they're in beginner level dungeons that have ::beginners:: in them. Have some common decency, it's not a one man show.

That's just stupid. If you're talking about dungeons, nobody does that- effectively doing a dungeon by yourself is very slow. When they "run by" the mob it's in order to group them up to AOE down at a later point.

They never say "hey fyi I'm gonna group up the mobs" never. If they had I'd be all for it, and to say no one does this in dungeons is a lie. I've encountered many an idiot who run past everything and start hitting the boss. It's ridiculous. Everyone is going to have their own opinions and ways of playing, it either comes down to you give a crap about the ppl grouped with you, or you only care about yourself and your goals. Plain and simple.

Well, that's because it should be assumed, as it's kind of an obvious action. Also there are many easy bosses that can be fought alongside the mobs that preceded it. As far as I'm aware, mobs don't de-aggro in dungeons (at least it's very difficult to do so) so they have to die eventually and most people who aren't idiots know that.

Also, funny that you say that people "only care about themselves and their goals," because that's exactly what you and people like you in this thread are doing. ;)

We can argue until next week and no one's mind will be changed. Like I said in the beginning of my post, in my opinion it's rude and does more harm than good. Now if everyone is on the same page and does a speed run effectively that's great. This is another matter. You see?

You say it's rude, and does more harm then good but then offer nothing to support the argument.

That is why so many people are completely dismissing your opinion. Because it's not founded in anything besides your fee fees.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    I think we need a speedrun option in the group finder so people can group with people of like-minded goals.

omg

and we need an option if you want to skip the first group, but not the second, and another option for skipping the second, but not the third

you can't 'optionalize' the whole game

Sure you can...speed runners can skip the entire dungeon..queue up for "boss only" and get ported right to the boss.
    That will save you even more time as you don't even need to run through the dungeon to get to the boss.

Let's add another level: give an option for the free monster helm and 2 keys if you already completed the dungeon, and got all the related achievements, incl. nodeath hardmode speedrun, because why would the game waste your playtime? :)

Really, just pick up the pledge from the questgiver, then finish it right after, because you met the conditions listed above :) Tbh this would be the best for all of us.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A “speedrunner’s” time is more valuable than your immersion or a dungeon’s quest that you can run solo at literally any time.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we need a speedrun option in the group finder so people can group with people of like-minded goals.

omg

and we need an option if you want to skip the first group, but not the second, and another option for skipping the second, but not the third

Sure you can...speed runners can skip the entire dungeon..queue up for "boss only" and get ported right to the boss.
    That will save you even more time as you don't even need to run through the dungeon to get to the boss.

Let's add another level: give an option for the free monster helm and 2 keys if you already completed the dungeon, and got all the related achievements, incl. nodeath hardmode speedrun, because why would the game waste your playtime? :)

Really, just pick up the pledge from the questgiver, then finish it right after, because you met the conditions listed above :) Tbh this would be the best for all of us.

Haha, or even this:

Put up a boss-dummy and if the DPS goes above a certain amount, it spits out a monster set. :lol:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Tell that to a level 8 character. Free carry ? No one asked for a carry.

I actually do clear delves and loot everything and read everything.
    I've run across others doing the same and we group up and have a great time.

I don't play this game when I don't have time to play this game.

Level 8? Really? So what, you're level 8 for what? 15 mins...??? It's not a matter of not having time, it's a matter of doing the most WITH the time they have.

Level 8's have what, 23k health?? I have 13.3 unbuffed, 18k buffed. If you are a level 8 and eat bread you should have a stupid amount of health and are battle leveled to 160. So really, quit complaining that the experienced players, who again have done this stuff so many times, are doing this faster than others.

If you want to take your time, then take your time, but don't get twisted up when players come in and want to clear easy content quickly

If you had read my post ...I was fighting 3 mobs with aoe..a speed runner came by training 3 more who got tagged by my aoe and left me there fighting 6 mobs.

At level 8 how many skills does one have ? I didn't even have 2 weapons to fight with at level 8.

one could have about 8, unless one were competent and sought out extra skills by doing public dungeons and skyshards :)

It

Lots of assumptions that brand new players know all this.

When I see low level players I don't assume they are alts of cp720 players who already know a lot, have the right crafted gear on, have the right food to use, have accumulated skyshards for points and put them in the right skills.

All I was trying to get across is that you are not the only one in these delves/dungeons no matter how fast you need to go.

It's like driving on a highway. If you're the only one on the highway you can go as fast as you want and in any lane.
    But if other cars are on the highway then you have to take that into consideration.

Yeah it's almost like driving on the highway except for the fact that your analogy is tripe. If I don't stay in-lane I don't risk harm to my body or even death.

YOu can't just say "X IS LIKE Y" because it suits you-- There has to be objective similiarities for the comparison to make sense.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

omg

gross.

Shame this man.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop expecting strangers you got paired with in the dungeon queue to cater their playstyle to your whims.

Same can be said for the speedrunners.

Only speedrunners are far worse in that regard, because you have very little means to actually stop them. Choices are either berate them (If you're in a duo, therefore nullifying their chances of booting you out. At least, as far as I know it needs to be 3 votes to kick someone out), or leave and find another dungeon (Which as a healer/tank won't be a big problem).
    Thorstienn wrote: »
    OP: think you could of worded your post a little less aggressively. Also most of this problem your seeing should go away after the event ends as the only reason for a max lvl to run norm pledges is the anniversary reward box; otherwise they may as well blast through vetHM for the higher quality decon gear and 2 pledge keys (my opinion)

As a "max lvl, solo all content, badass" you probably have a guild/friends list of ppl that want to smash through the daily for XP or complete pledges (which if you really want so fast, you can just solo, after all you CAN solo it anyway). As opposed to the random lvl20 in your group who might not be in a guild etc and new to MMOs so doesn't tend to use chat etc. Therefore far easier for the "speedrunner" to find their own group imho (I know it is for me).

At the end of the day "I want to pull all groups for a fast clear, follow me" isn't that tough for me to type (hell, I can pre-type it, cut and paste in grp straight away, on PC at least)

Now if you all feel the need, feel free to berate me etc.

I guess I could have worded myself a bit better, but I was feeling fairly frustrated, because one dungeon run pretty much got ruined for me and my girlfriend (I recall someone complaining about how couple-players are horrible, well kiss my Orcish buttox), because two players in their infinite 720 Wisdom decided to rush through the entire dungeon, and a few hours after that, another dungeon also nearly being ruined by similar people (Only these guys were polite enough to let us get the quest for the dungeon, only to get the praise taken away from them after they decided to complain when we turned to a direction with mobs)

It is rather hypocritical when these people go and say "Get friends, join a guild, stfu and play with a premade group", only to say "We don't need to get a premade group/guild", as if their way is somehow infinitely superior to the slower. Why? Because they happen to be max CP while I am only 270CP away from being max as well, therefore I am not allowed to tell them to get a group/guild as well? I don't think so.

Yes, I am still being a little steamed up about this, primarily because I know that when I next start up a dungeon on an alt or my main, I will have to deal with the same rush-rush type of people and question myself why bother doing the dungeon.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »

omg

Haha, or even this:

Put up a boss-dummy and if the DPS goes above a certain amount, it spits out a monster set. :lol:

Nah, that would exclude tanks and healers :D

Edit: ah, I see your point, it should have been done after the queue. Considerable... ;)
    Edited by SirCritical on April 22, 2018 9:28PM
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

omg

gross.

Shame this man.

Why..isn't that why speed runners run..to get to the boss to get the quest done so they can move on to the next dungeon to get to the boss to kill the boss ?

Have an option to queue up for "boss only". If you queue up for the dungeon you run the dungeon. If you queue up for boss only then you get ported right to boss and just one shot him and leave.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say it's rude, and does more harm then good but then offer nothing to support the argument.

That is why so many people are completely dismissing your opinion. Because it's not founded in anything besides your fee fees.

Okay... Why are speedruns perfectly okay then?

Do tell that, as long as you don't say anything along the lines of the saying "Time is Money".

I can also easily dismiss the sayings of speedrunners, because all their claims are based on "Muh precious time", and their fee-fees regarding time.
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    It is rather hypocritical when these people go and say "Get friends, join a guild, stfu and play with a premade group", only to say "We don't need to get a premade group/guild", as if their way is somehow infinitely superior to the slower. Why? Because they happen to be max CP while I am only 270CP away from being max as well, therefore I am not allowed to tell them to get a group/guild as well? I don't think so.

Yes, I am still being a little steamed up about this, primarily because I know that when I next start up a dungeon on an alt or my main, I will have to deal with the same rush-rush type of people and question myself why bother doing the dungeon.

Speedrunning is the "default" mode of doing dungeons because the majority of people have already cleared the dungeons hundreds of times before. It's as simple as that, really. Not because it's somehow innately superior. Nobody has said that, don't make it some kind of moral issue when it's not. :p

Is it nice/polite for groups to slow down and wait for you? Sure is. I always make the effort to do so when someone needs a quest. But y'all have to remember that you are asking other human beings to cater to you and take extra unnecessary time so that you can specifically do your own thing. They have every right to say no, because their time is valuable too (and/or they just might not want to), and you have to respect that. They do not owe you anything. Asking someone to take less time and asking someone to take more time are not equivalent things... because one is wasting someone's time, usually the majority of the party.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 22, 2018 9:36PM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do tell that, as long as you don't say anything along the lines of the saying "Time is Money".

I can also easily dismiss the sayings of speedrunners, because all their claims are based on "Muh precious time", and their fee-fees regarding time.

Sadly, nothing else can be said: it's about time.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speedrunning is the "default" mode of doing dungeons because the majority of people have already cleared the dungeons hundreds of times before. It's as simple as that, really. Not because it's somehow innately superior. Nobody has said that, don't make it some kind of moral issue when it's not. :p

Is it nice/polite for groups to slow down and wait for you? Sure is. I always make the effort to do so when someone needs a quest. But y'all have to remember that you are asking other human beings to cater to you and take extra unnecessary time so that you can specifically do your own thing. They have every right to say no, because their time is valuable too (and/or they just might not want to), and you have to respect that. They do not owe you anything. Asking someone to take less time and asking someone to take more time are not equivalent things... because one is wasting someone's time, usually the majority of the party.

That's somewhat true in that it's the default because all it takes is one high level player among the 4.

But in the long run you end up with players who inadvertently got "carried' all throughout their dungeon experience by these speed runners. Now you get into vet and they can't hold their own and we see thread after thread about inept players in vet dungeons and ways to exclude them.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well here's the other side of the coin:

Those 600+ players have run that dungeon about a billion times. I used to hate this too but I now understand why. For one, they try to do "big pulls" yanking most of the bad guys to an area and then melting them down with AOE's. Most 720's can solo a normal dungeon so honestly, you're getting a free run and a free key, or a free/quick jubilee box

Frankly when you get those kind of people, you can either run after them (you'll need to heal through some things; which in all honesty your healer might not be in position to do as you get stretched out or quit.If you're the tank, frankly, you probably aren't pulling enough CC, chains and such. OR you just don't know how to do a big pull that higher level players like, to melt down the bad guys as fast as possible.

For instance, in Banished Cells 1, that group of trash before the final boss, they should be pulled/chained into the hallway and turned into one massive group so the DD's can melt them down. SOOO many players don't do this and it drives me nuts because you are left fighting onesies and twosies.

I do want to add: I understand your frustration, I've been there. Also note that the jubilee event has been going on for quite some time now and I am willing to wager some folks are a bit burnt out with being 720 and having 3 group members that are sub lv. 50.

I'm almost 400 and it's happened enough to me where players want to take their time in a simple dungeon like Banished, Spindleclutch, Wayrest, or Elden Hollow.

Oh here we go with the 'free run' argument! People don't want or need a free run. If you storm off ahead, you are just hijacking a dungeon. It doesn't mean the other people cant complete it. It just means you ran to the mob first and acted ignorant of the fact that this is a GROUP activity with 3 other people looking to do this dungeon. I've heard ALL these arguments before many times. Bottom line - if you run a GROUP activity and hijack the event just because you want this run to be the 'ME' show, you're just being plain ignorant!! Why not just run with the group? Whats the difference? 3mins!? Sometimes I wonder if these ignorant people are actually thinking they are impressing the people they leave in their wake.
    I am well over max CP and I will never storm a dungeon and leave the other 3 people behind!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really wonder, if those people consider eating the same way, they play this game.
    Probably not, so just an excuse it seems...
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gaggin wrote: »
    Complaining about people playing the game well? I bet you never even thank people for the carry.

Who said anything about carrying. If one ignorant ******* runs ahead of the rest of the group that does not imply they are carrying the group... only that they are being ignorant of the other 3 players in the GROUP activity!!
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Complaining about people playing the game well? I bet you never even thank people for the carry.

Who said anything about carrying. If one ignorant ******* runs ahead of the rest of the group that does not imply they are carrying the group... only that they are being ignorant of the other 3 players in the GROUP activity!!

Don't worry. That one's a fierce... Uhm... Whatever the mythical Nord Troll's name was again. Nothlyglak or something like that.

Basically that guy's a Troll, don't pay 'em any attention.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Well, for one, I am doing the dungeons with my girlfriend, and since she's fairly new, it would only be natural to stay by her and kill everything in our way (That is also what the dungeon's all about, no?), and seeing someone pretty much undermine the whole dungeon run kinda makes it... You know, a waste of time doing the dungeon.

Also, mechanics in normal dungeons are still kind of important, believe it or not. At least for the Content-Pack dungeons. I cannot tell how many hairs on my head have been Dante'fied because the DPS don't think it's important to interrupt the shadows in Cradle of Shadows, or how standing behind a pillar is overrated in the first encounter of the Scalecaller dungeon.

You're exactly the kind of player I don't want to be with- someone playing with their significant other. In my experience, those kind of players are the one's who A. don't pay attention to group chat B. don't pay attention to the group C. aren't in group voice.

Those aren't the mechanics we are speaking of. Even on normal, Scalecaller is still easy compared to the Vet. Hell, I've noticed most players don't even know to break free from the final boss in Direfrost.

You came in with an issue and many of us explained why the speed running happens. It's a fact of life, and frankly, is only indicative of an experienced player. I'm not asking you to kowtow to a CP 720, but when they do 95% of the work to clear the dungeon and all you have to do is follow, even if you die (which is kinda like a free ticket as you can't be hit and can run through any mobs still alive).

I don't know your level, nor your experience in the game but if you've been around long enough you learn the dungeons and when you get two DD's who pull 10k dps combined, a tank with no taunts, or a healer that can't heal well, you learn to take care of yourself AND kill things.

So thats why you see 600's+ speed running, they don't have time for a dps that spams light attacks, a healer with no shards, or a tank with no CC ability. They want the key, the clear, and at the moment, the box, so they can move on to the next task.

Precisely. I’m only doing normals during this event for the boxes (and I do normals for the random XP bonus, though since I’ve hit 720, I’m less inclined to do so). I do not need a tank or a healer to do a normal dungeon. If low levels have the situational awareness to stay out of red circles, they do not need a tank or healer either; I do enough DPS to keep the vast majority of the trash attacking me. If said low-levels stop to attack small groups of mobs instead of following me (which I specifically ASK people to do at the beginning of a dungeon), then yeah, they’ll die to the groups of mobs that they’re attacking with their 5k DPS.

I don’t want people to “fawn” over me for being level-capped; I just want to get that freaking chance at a Worm Cult motif at more than a glacial pace:

Sorry, but are you seriously saying you tell people to follow you in a random normal dungeon?!?! I have no words!
  • Guarlet
    Guarlet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's somewhat true in that it's the default because all it takes is one high level player among the 4.

But in the long run you end up with players who inadvertently got "carried' all throughout their dungeon experience by these speed runners. Now you get into vet and they can't hold their own and we see thread after thread about inept players in vet dungeons and ways to exclude them.

Definitely true. But then those lower-level players have a responsibility to speak up and say "hey, I don't know the mechanics since I haven't been here (etc), can someone tell me them when appropriate?" In my experience, at least one person in the party will usually oblige. Tactics and guides to all dungeons, and builds/classes, are all easily available online as well.

By default, people usually assume that you know what you're doing unless you say otherwise. Which, I mean, isn't an unreasonable assumption. If you don't speak up, why would they think otherwise?

By the by, this is another reason why it's highly nice to join a guild that will run dungeons with you. Guild members will usually be far more patient about explaining tactics than randoms.
    Edited by Guarlet on April 22, 2018 9:49PM
    AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭

Yup. It's case of competing interests. Some people want to go slower, and some people want to go faster. How do we resolve the conflict? Compromise, or majority wins?

Best way is for the speedrunners to look at their own words for a second.

"Go join a rp guild."
    Why don't you join a dungeon guild? Or ask for people in zone chat who have 30 seconds to spare before the world ends.

"I can solo this dungeon."
    Then play it on your own.

"I don't have time for this."
    Stop using group finder with strangers who could be new/low level/questing/having fun.

you do realize this thread was created by someone that complained about speedrunners, not the other way around?
    i said it to the op, and i say it to you:
    the speedrunners are not complaining about you.
    you are complaining about the speedrunners.
    so if you don't like to be thrown in with them and it bothers you, but not them, then you should check for alternatives to make your own life easier.
    Edited by Dragath on April 22, 2018 9:51PM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread will be closed soon :)
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Its a platforming game, people want to get through objectives as fast as possible. Its by design.

I don't want to have to queue in shops but I do because it is a social courtesy. The world isn't built on people saying " i had my fun, that's all that matters!" Yes, i want to get through BC1 quickly because ive run it many many times but does that acquit me of the ignorance of storming off ahead in a GROUP dungeon and leaving everybody in my wake?.. NO
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one wants a carry. Some people need to do the quests, so they have to go slower for that reason.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 22, 2018 9:58PM
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the reasons I generally avoid group finder is the speedrunners. I find being in a speedrunning group to be stressful and really not very fun for me. When I do get in such a group all I do is try to keep up, and basically abandon any chance of getting the quest done as there is a good chance by the time I load in that they have run off without me anyhow.

I do say hello, and say I'd like to do the quest if it seems like a group that would be willing to do so. If I haven't seen the content before, I say that too. When it comes down it though, if I end up in a speedrunning group, I just figure there will be another chance with a different group to actually see the content.

My favourite times in dungeons though are non speed running groups. Groups filled with low levels and this is their first dungeon ever and everyone is pulling together to get it done and learn the mechanics even though none of them have done it before. Groups that communicate, congratulate each other on getting past a fight hard for (non cp) level 20s. I was in one or two of those groups over the 10 million stories event and it was amazing. Even if I have seen it before, that wonder and joy rubs off on me.

I also love groups filled with chatter and banter and making friends and enjoying the ride. Groups that want it to be fun. Enjoying the content rather than running past it as fast as possible because dungeons have become a chore.

Maybe that's the difference right there. Someone who sees the content as enjoyable vs someone who sees it as a chore to be finished with asap.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread will be closed soon :)

Hopefully not, because there's a morbid sense of enjoyment to be had reading through some of the comments.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    No one wants a carry. Some people need to do the quests, so they have to go slower for that reason.

thats not true, plenty of people pay upwards of 3kGP per run for a carry, and thats on basic *** like skyreach etc..

A person who could carry an entire group through something actually challenging and rewarding can get away with demanding a lot more ;)

Simple fact is, dungeon finder is meant for those who are concerned with efficiency and getting in and out quickly.

If you dont like the atmosphere, don't queue.

I promise you though, one day when you saren't wet behind the ears and brimming with salt regarding your own inadequacy, you will understand.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on April 22, 2018 10:17PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Well, for one, I am doing the dungeons with my girlfriend, and since she's fairly new, it would only be natural to stay by her and kill everything in our way (That is also what the dungeon's all about, no?), and seeing someone pretty much undermine the whole dungeon run kinda makes it... You know, a waste of time doing the dungeon.

Also, mechanics in normal dungeons are still kind of important, believe it or not. At least for the Content-Pack dungeons. I cannot tell how many hairs on my head have been Dante'fied because the DPS don't think it's important to interrupt the shadows in Cradle of Shadows, or how standing behind a pillar is overrated in the first encounter of the Scalecaller dungeon.

You're exactly the kind of player I don't want to be with- someone playing with their significant other. In my experience, those kind of players are the one's who A. don't pay attention to group chat B. don't pay attention to the group C. aren't in group voice.

Those aren't the mechanics we are speaking of. Even on normal, Scalecaller is still easy compared to the Vet. Hell, I've noticed most players don't even know to break free from the final boss in Direfrost.

You came in with an issue and many of us explained why the speed running happens. It's a fact of life, and frankly, is only indicative of an experienced player. I'm not asking you to kowtow to a CP 720, but when they do 95% of the work to clear the dungeon and all you have to do is follow, even if you die (which is kinda like a free ticket as you can't be hit and can run through any mobs still alive).

I don't know your level, nor your experience in the game but if you've been around long enough you learn the dungeons and when you get two DD's who pull 10k dps combined, a tank with no taunts, or a healer that can't heal well, you learn to take care of yourself AND kill things.

So thats why you see 600's+ speed running, they don't have time for a dps that spams light attacks, a healer with no shards, or a tank with no CC ability. They want the key, the clear, and at the moment, the box, so they can move on to the next task.

Precisely. I’m only doing normals during this event for the boxes (and I do normals for the random XP bonus, though since I’ve hit 720, I’m less inclined to do so). I do not need a tank or a healer to do a normal dungeon. If low levels have the situational awareness to stay out of red circles, they do not need a tank or healer either; I do enough DPS to keep the vast majority of the trash attacking me. If said low-levels stop to attack small groups of mobs instead of following me (which I specifically ASK people to do at the beginning of a dungeon), then yeah, they’ll die to the groups of mobs that they’re attacking with their 5k DPS.

I don’t want people to “fawn” over me for being level-capped; I just want to get that freaking chance at a Worm Cult motif at more than a glacial pace:

Sorry, but are you seriously saying you tell people to follow you in a random normal dungeon?!?! I have no words!

Uh, yeah. Usually some variation on “please stick with me during trash pulls, I’m pulling multiple groups.” The vast majority of the people I group with listen, and say “thanks, nice quick run” at the end. You know what the crown symbol signifies in a group, right? It’s not unusual at all for the most experienced person in an MMO dungeon to give directions and to set the strategy.

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind when they actualy do group down and AoE mobs. I do however mind when they just run past, not bothering to hit them all so those mobs end up going for the rest of us, and we end up having to stop to AoE them (more or less, with pulls like that, and at least half the mobs being ranged, any chance for actualy having them grouped for AoE, is slim to none) down while that one person who doesn't bother to wait for anyone - pulls boss and leaves us without the loot.

there is speed run and there is this sort of crap.

bonus points when they do that but cannot survive the damage from the mobs they DO pull, so they run ahead, well WELL ahead of my lowbie healer who is not at the point where she can survive half a dungeon worth of mobs on her own, so no way i'm chasing down the kamikaze runner, and then die.

this actualy takes LONGER, people.

edited, becasue I read some of the comments. running so quickly that your group has no chance of catching up IS rude. if your group is staying with you while you pull faster and faster? cool. but if you queue up for a normal random dungeon and there are people who are trying to do the quest, but you are still speeding through unconcerned for anyone else? YOU. ARE. RUDE

and for my above description of more then one dungeon experience actualy. this is the equivalent of that one maverick on a highway, going well above the overall highway speed, weaving in an out of the lanes without signaling their lane switches and tail gating every chance they have. this. creates. potential. crashes. and sometimes - actual crashes. so this behavior is *** in game AND in real life.
    Edited by Linaleah on April 22, 2018 10:18PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has become nothing more than people b¡tching at one another.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragath wrote: »
    You realize I can turn this around on to you and say "Next time, maybe try finding a group of people who want to blitz through as fast as possible through a dungeon just like you, that way you'll never be disappointed."
    you can, but the issue here is, that you are the one complaining about the "speedrunners".
    they are not complaining about you.
    so if they have no issue with you being slow but you have an issue with them being fast, then you are the person who should consider doing it another way. that is, if it bothers you that much.

This is ridiculous logic. Firstly if you race through a dungeon it does not mean the people you left behind are slow. Not being fast does not equal being slow.. that is just bad logic! Secondly "if they have no issue with you being slow but you have an issue with them being fast, then you are the person who should consider doing it another way"?? No, again, just bad logic. You are implying parity between the two approaches to running a group dungeon and that not accepting somebody else's ignorance is a cause for you to "consider doing it another way"! If somebody is being rude it does not imply that everybody must respect their stance because all opinions are equal, that is just bad logic! And yes, ive read the arguments before that the person who doesn't race through the dungeon can be considered rude because they are delaying the speed runner, but again, this is just ridiculous. You cannot equate the person who races through a dungeon with ignorant abandon of the people they leave the behind with the person who cannot keep up with this speed runner. One of these people is making an active choice to be an *******!