Mountains, mountains and... more mountains. Vvardenfell vol. 2.

Marabornwingrion
Marabornwingrion
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
If you thought Vvardenfell was just Orsinium with volcano on top, look at Summerset map.

747rzt9.jpg

I spent quite a lot of time and explored as much as I could on my mount and feet. These areas are not accessible, they are just mountains blocking everything.
I'm sick of it, everytime ZOS is too lazy to put more content in DLCs / Chapters, they just put bunch of mountains so the map looks less empty.

I don't care if these mountains are for immersion, more beautiful views or whatever.
I prefer Summerset to be completely flat like a damn desert, BUT at least filled with quests and other activities in these areas.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully just not as much path gating as in vvardenfell
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While the map may be smaller than expected, keep in mind there's also the Isle of Artaeum in this chapter as well.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD!

Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: The gameplay you watch to feel SO MUCH BETTER about your own!
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I know we want playable areas and all but... they can't just remove mountains and volcanos from the world to make every section of every map explorable.

How many inside or separate from the base zone areas are there to explore?

Agreed, I loved Orsinium's mountains.
    However, is the playable area large? It looks somewhat empty to me and not that action packed!
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastian wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    I know we want playable areas and all but... they can't just remove mountains and volcanos from the world to make every section of every map explorable.

How many inside or separate from the base zone areas are there to explore?

Agreed, I loved Orsinium's mountains.
    However, is the playable area large? It looks somewhat empty to me and not that action packed!

Most of Summerset is quite alright, but the south eastern portion of the island feels really empty.
    "Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite... A lie will remain a lie!"
    Tryxus - PC/EU/DC
  • Okiir
    Okiir
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    While the map may be smaller than expected, keep in mind there's also the Isle of Artaeum in this chapter as well.

Artaeum is a tiny island the size of an average city. It has one wayshrine.
    Edited by Okiir on April 19, 2018 12:49PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    That's a very generous map of yours. Mine's even worse - although allegedly there are some areas accessible through specific quests, which I haven't found so far.

cZ0oopd.jpg

Yeah, your map is much better.
    Mine was made in 2mins in Paint.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    If you thought Vvardenfell was just Orsinium with volcano on top, look at Summerset map.

747rzt9.jpg

I spent quite a lot of time and explored as much as I could on my mount and feet. These areas are not accessible, they are just mountains blocking everything.
    I'm sick of it, everytime ZOS is too lazy to put more content in DLCs / Chapters, they just put bunch of mountains so the map looks less empty.

I don't care if these mountains are for immersion, more beautiful views or whatever.
    I prefer Summerset to be completely flat like a damn desert, BUT at least filled with quests and other activities in these areas.

The norther bit, there’s the underdark passage under those mountains.

Aaaaaaaaaaand THAT is inspiration for some future dlc. All those inmates of the banished cells had to come from somewhere. They crossed some dangerous lines, and the magic perps like Rilis had to have some place to do their thing in secret.

Make some ubderdark complexes under those mountains.
    Xbox NA / Main heals
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put some of the $£$ you make on Crown stores to give Morrowind a pass and add more content as it is pretty lacklustre.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks smaller than Vvardenfell. At least we get new dolmens.

They're geysers, not dolmens.
    They have the same icon only.
This discussion has been closed.