Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Mountains, mountains and... more mountains. Vvardenfell vol. 2.

• TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    But you really need to give a credit for the location design. Almost every part of Summerset is beautiful and feels like there were many many hours spent on it. Yes, it feels like a giant garden, and my heart still lies with arid terrain of the Vvardenfell, but I admit that some places in Summerset are just breathtaking

Well, I was going to pay for Summerset to get new content, not pretty landscape.

Nice views won't give me dozens hours of content...

maybe not you but ill sure get alot of use out of a beautiful landscape.
    Options
  • daniel.13b16_ESO
    daniel.13b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is such a contradiction. The game itself is fantastic value for money, considering it is free to play. However, once you actually start spending money it never is worth the price tag. I know this can be subjective but if you compare it to other MMOs the quality simply isn't there.

I have played ESO since BETA and I can honestly say I wanted to spend money on it when it went free to play. However, most things offered are just badly textured (the hero costumes were such a letdown) or use the same models. There are only so many differently colored mounts and pets one can own. And most of them have seriously bad texturing.

The same goes for DLCs. I like how everyone praises Orsinium and yes, it is the best DLC so far but that isn't saying much. Even back then people were disappointed by the content size of it. Compare this to WoW, Final Fantasy or other f2p games such as Guild Wars 2 and Lotro and you are wondering why ZOS delivers such small content for such a high price? It is behind all other MMOs in that regard.

What are they actually working on in that studio? While other MMOs offer new continents with several new zones, complete base game overhauls, new classes, races and systems, ZOS gives us a zone comparably to one of the base game. Never mind other MMOs offering new dungeons and continued main storyline releases for free.
    Edited by daniel.13b16_ESO on May 2, 2018 11:58AM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are they actually working on in that studio? While other MMOs offer new continents with several new zones, complete base game overhauls, new classes, races and systems, ZOS gives us a zone comparably to one of the base game.

Game #2 is what I expect they are working on, and have been for a while now. ESO is the B Team.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are they actually working on in that studio? While other MMOs offer new continents with several new zones, complete base game overhauls, new classes, races and systems, ZOS gives us a zone comparably to one of the base game.

Game #2 is what I expect they are working on, and have been for a while now. ESO is the B Team.

Game 2? What could this be though?

I just wish they work on a massive expansion for ESO with several new zones, classes, skill lines and really substantial changes. But when I think about it the price tag would be something like $150 or so...
    Edited by Seraphayel on May 2, 2018 4:46AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »
    You guys complaining about what ZOS is working on:

You realise that for zones they, unlike any other MMO, script and voice every single line of dialogue?

That adds in:

Casting and Recording and studio time

They record all of the chapter music with a live orchestra (seemingly)

So, again:

Scheduling that
    Session and recording time

It's not just world building and flipping a switch. Time and money goes into new content. Recording all that dialogue and dropping it in takes time too. As do many other parts of building the world.

Now I agree that Summerset is not as large as it could have been. But if anyone here thinks that it is as easy as building a bit of scenery and dropping it in, then they clearly have no idea of what goes into making new content. And they do this 4 times a year.

If the price we have to pay for voice acting is less content, less environments, and generic worldbuilding for a ridiculous price given the content offered, then it’s not worth it.

ZOS is a AAA company with a huge budget. If they’re biting off more than they can chew, then that’s their fault, not mine.

Actually I like that it is all voice acted but the player's character - it give some flavor to the game and is not just a run from quest marker to quest marker - even some are playing it like this. But I really like the voice acting in the game, even with highly repetitive phrases or commentaries from NPC - this just breathes life into the game world.
    Options
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

You realise that for zones they, unlike any other MMO, script and voice every single line of dialogue?

That adds in:

So, again:

Scheduling that

It's not just world building and flipping a switch. Time and money goes into new content. Recording all that dialogue and dropping it in takes time too. As do many other parts of building the world.

Now I agree that Summerset is not as large as it could have been. But if anyone here thinks that it is as easy as building a bit of scenery and dropping it in, then they clearly have no idea of what goes into making new content. And they do this 4 times a year.

If the price we have to pay for voice acting is less content, less environments, and generic worldbuilding for a ridiculous price given the content offered, then it’s not worth it.

ZOS is a AAA company with a huge budget. If they’re biting off more than they can chew, then that’s their fault, not mine.

Actually I like that it is all voice acted but the player's character - it give some flavor to the game and is not just a run from quest marker to quest marker - even some are playing it like this. But I really like the voice acting in the game, even with highly repetitive phrases or commentaries from NPC - this just breathes life into the game world.

I agree, it would be a huge loss to cut down on the voice acting it adds immersion for me anyway. Of course I would like Sunmerset to be larger but at its current size it is still the largest zone / or equal to Morrowind. One thing I would like is more settlements, as it is meant to be a homeland.

For me quest content is key rather than geographical size, and the PTS forum is full of glowing reviews of the main quest and its length so I’m excited. Yes I would like more varied architecture but it still looks beautiful.
    Options
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it, next chapter we're clearly gonna get :

New skill line : mountain climbing.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobZha wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, next chapter we're clearly gonna get :

New skill line : mountain climbing.

Well when they continue their way we'll get a brand new skill line consisting of just 5 passives in the next Chapter.

Down from an entirely new class to just one new guild the logical next step would be giving us just passives like TG or DB.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Just going to re-post this here too:

9kX8Okr.jpg

How come everything in auridon looks so scrunched compared to the things in summerset?

This picture comparison is extremely deceptive. You can take one look at it and see this is a mere parlor trick.

Edit: I mean COME ON, look at the roads in your auridon landmass compared to the summerset ones. Who is falling for this?

Parlor tricks? It's called map scaling...

I suggest becoming educated on a topic before commenting.

One criticism is that the original Summerset image I used appears to have been a zoomed in screenshot, which would screw up the ratio. The Auridon map needs to be shrunk because it has fewer map cells. There is no warping or altering.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5066171/#Comment_5066171

Imagine coming in to here and attempting to explain this away by posting a link to a basic geography concept as if none of us have even had a high school education. Your posts are always so condescending whenever you discuss with anyone on here.

I haven't traversed the isle on the PTS but I can see the other comparisons people have posted (like the one above) and see that yours is deceptive.

Most people in this thread don't seem know what scaling is. That link needs to be posted.

And my scaling was 100% correct. The only mistake is in the Summerset map, which I took from the OP. The screenshot was not taken at the default zoom level, which means it's supposed to be smaller.

Also, it would help if you actually played the PTS. Complaining about something you haven't even experienced isn't constructive.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 2, 2018 11:19AM
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That adds in:

So, again:

Scheduling that

ZOS also releases DLC and expansions annually instead of every 2 years.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 2, 2018 10:45AM
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That adds in:

So, again:

Scheduling that

And that we can agree on.

However, I will never understand the mentality of if some game bugs you so much, you hang around.

If ESO started to bug me in the way it clearly bugs you, i'd be gone.

I hang around for two reasons:

1. Grew up with the IP and used to love it.
    2. I like to hang around game forums so I have a sense of what the fanbase is feeling. Just part of my job.

You said you quit this game (and TES games in general). If you don't play these games anymore, why complain about them? Clearly other people enjoy them as the series has never been more popular. Not sure why you feel the need to complain about something you don't even play, especially when your complaints aren't even remotely constructive.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 2, 2018 11:06AM
    Options
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That adds in:

So, again:

Scheduling that

However, I will never understand the mentality of if some game bugs you so much, you hang around.

2. I like to hang around game forums so I have a sense of what the fanbase is feeling. Just part of my job.

You said you quit this game (and TES games in general). If you don't play these games anymore, why complain about them? Clearly other people enjoy them as the series has never been more popular. Not sure why you feel the need to complain about something you don't even play, especially when your complaints aren't even remotely constructive.

Don´t worry about him. I´m still playing the game and feel that Summerset is disappointing. That´s my pov, and I come here to express it. It´s a right, and @psychotrip also has this right, even if no longer plays, because he bought the product, and even if he doesn´t use it it´s good that he is still giving feedback. And, I can assure you, along the last threads involving the new "chapter", that is, architecture, lore, size... we have all been giving our point of view, trying always to be constructive. If devs don´t listen, that´s not my fault. But I came here to give and help building, and so, I´d say that, even if my ideas weren´t liked or shared, at least they were written, to "construct", to help giving a wider range of points of view and opinions.
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That adds in:

So, again:

Scheduling that

Don´t worry about him. I´m still playing the game and feel that Summerset is disappointing. That´s my pov, and I come here to express it. It´s a right, and @psychotrip also has this right, even if no longer plays, because he bought the product, and even if he doesn´t use it it´s good that he is still giving feedback. And, I can assure you, along the last threads involving the new "chapter", that is, architecture, lore, size... we have all been giving our point of view, trying always to be constructive. If devs don´t listen, that´s not my fault. But I came here to give and help building, and so, I´d say that, even if my ideas weren´t liked or shared, at least they were written, to "construct", to help giving a wider range of points of view and opinions.

It's weird that some people live in a world where feedback and criticism are only valid you actively enjoy a product. Seems counter-intuitive to me.

As I said, going to game forums and seeing what the community is experiencing is part of my job. The reason I actually participate here more than I do on other forums is because I have a personal, albeit very nerdy, interest in this IP. I also log into the game every now and then to get a better sense of what's going on.

Also, I normally end up checking back in because I get email notifications on my phone when someone references me or quotes my stuff on this forum. Otherwise, I often don't come around anymore. Either way, I don't need to justify my presence here. I'm a paying customer and my feedback is as valid as anyone else's.

As you say, constructive feedback is always good.
    Edited by psychotrip on May 2, 2018 5:33PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That adds in:

So, again:

Scheduling that

ZOS also releases DLC and expansions annually instead of every 2 years.

Doesn't matter. Even if you count two Chapters they're less than half of what other games expansions have to offer.

And DLCs are just paid content patches of which you get several per year in an AAA MMORPG.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset is shaping up to be an overpriced dlc.
    hardly any 'new' content, just relabeled/recycled assests knocked off at an over priced premium. Will be the last chapter i pre order.
    Options
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Down from an entirely new class to just one new guild the logical next step would be giving us just passives like TG or DB.

Am not hugely bothered here as mages are one of my fave classes and the psijic order really interests me, so having a skill line for them seems great. The other thing is that i've only just got morrowind so am new to wardens which i've recently got two of (mag/stam), so there's no real need for a new class from me for the time being.

I can see how it'd bug others but maybe with them being a big addition they never had plans to release them every chapter if there's more, and it's spaced out a bit more.
    Options
  • Gelmir
    Gelmir
    ✭✭✭
    This topics deserves a bump, so that history doesn't get forgotten.
    Check-out ~~ GuildPlanner.Pro ~~ Your Ultimate Guild & Character Management Tool
    ★ Lodge of Sorceresses [PC/EU] - LF Serious PvEers: Midgame to Endgame Growth! ★ We NEED You! | Join Discord Server | Youtube Channel
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gelmir wrote: »
    This topics deserves a bump, so that history doesn't get forgotten.

zKBtpnR.png
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rezzing a year old post. Your forum necromancy shows promise, @Gelmir .
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP do you even play Morrowind?
    Wondering.
    And no, its not about the map
    Edited by Runkorko on September 19, 2019 12:02PM
    Options
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I love thread necro'ing. Even if this isn't "current" anymore its still relevant. Summerset got shafted hard. The lack of environmental diversity (every city and region looks roughly the same, compare that to Cyrodiil or Morrowind or Skyrim), coupled with the mountains taking up so much of the map really makes the world feel cheap, artificial, and rushed. Not to mention the crystal tower looking like a giant stone ***.

The only artistic creativity was on Artaeum, and they made sure to make it clear that the Altmer didn't even build the place.

I really hope future games retcon the version of Summerset we saw in ESO. It was just so uninspired. I definitely don't want to spend a whole singleplayer game in this generic disneyland.

Edit: Also, just to drive home how much of a ripoff Summerset was, compare it to other popular mmo expansions: several new zones with unique cities landscapes and races, new classes, massive gameplay improvements / overhauls, continued support and updates with new content throughout the year.

We deserve better and Zenimax can do better. Don't settle for anything less.
    Edited by psychotrip on September 19, 2019 1:18PM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
    Options
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread was created in April 2018 we have decided to close it as it may contain information that is no longer relevant.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.