Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mountains, mountains and... more mountains. Vvardenfell vol. 2.

• psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GabiAlex wrote: »
    red_emu wrote: »
    The truth is they didn't say that Summerset (alone) was larger than Vvardenfell. But, yes, Summerset + Artaeum.

What I would like to see from next year:
    • DLC: 1 zone
    • Chapter: 2 zones

What ZOS sees:

• DLC: 1 Dungeon
    • Chapter: a quarter of a zone with big mountains

Just wait for the rest of Skyrim to be added. At least I hope that each hold will be launched separately similar in size with Eastmarch and Rift instead of launching them all together and slightly bigger than the vanilla holds combined and the Throat of the World's peak inaccessible.

It will be a long time before they do the rest of Skyrim. By that time, the entire ESO development team will be Rich Lambert, an artist/animator, a part time writer, and whatever warm bodies they can grab from the other part of the studio when no one is watching. Rich will have to wear a T-Shirt that says "Yes, I still work for ZOS" so that building security doesn't toss him out. :smiley:

Anyway... I expect it to be a while. Maybe not exactly like that, but a while.

Oh no....Skyrim is FULL OF MOUNTAINS! There won’t be any room at all!
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »
    The truth is they didn't say that Summerset (alone) was larger than Vvardenfell. But, yes, Summerset + Artaeum.

What ZOS sees:

Just wait for the rest of Skyrim to be added. At least I hope that each hold will be launched separately similar in size with Eastmarch and Rift instead of launching them all together and slightly bigger than the vanilla holds combined and the Throat of the World's peak inaccessible.

It will be a long time before they do the rest of Skyrim. By that time, the entire ESO development team will be Rich Lambert, an artist/animator, a part time writer, and whatever warm bodies they can grab from the other part of the studio when no one is watching. Rich will have to wear a T-Shirt that says "Yes, I still work for ZOS" so that building security doesn't toss him out. :smiley:

Now it seems more probable than ever that we´ll be getting skyrim in the future. Or at least a web of roads between towns, all running between inacsessible mountains.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What ZOS sees:

Now it seems more probable than ever that we´ll be getting skyrim in the future. Or at least a web of roads between towns, all running between inacsessible mountains.

Introducing The Elder Scrolls Online: Skyrim

606504.JPG

"No, you can't go there".
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What ZOS sees:

Throat of the world would probably end up being a dungeon. ZOS loves turning all our favourite locations into dungeons. Cloudrest, white gold tower, falkreath.... Cop out after cop out
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭

What ZOS sees:

I don't expect it to be launched sooner than 3 years and I don't want to. TES V is still too "recent" and there other zones that we haven't explored since Arena. We still have to see Black Marsh, Elsweyr and the rest of Morrowind and Hammerfell, not to mention many realms of Oblivion.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What ZOS sees:

I don't expect it to be launched sooner than 3 years and I don't want to. TES V is still too "recent" and there other zones that we haven't explored since Arena. We still have to see Black Marsh, Elsweyr and the rest of Morrowind and Hammerfell, not to mention many realms of Oblivion.

Black Marsh will be full of poison swamps the player can't enter without dying.

Elsweyr will be full of blazing hot desert that the player can't enter without dying.

Morrowind will have a ton of mountains and the inner sea will be massive, cutting out a lot of unececssary space.

Hammerfell will have both mountains you can't climb AND deserts you can't explore. The Al'ikir will be one big red mountain.
    Edited by psychotrip on April 22, 2018 9:51PM

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What ZOS sees:

Black Marsh will be full of poison swamps the player can't enter without dying.

Elsweyr will be full of blazing hot desert that the player can't enter without dying.

Morrowind will have a ton of mountains and the inner sea will be massive, cutting out a lot of unececssary space.

Hammerfell will have both mountains you can't climb AND deserts you can't explore. The Al'ikir will be one big red mountain.

You gave them so many ideas :scream:
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Jokes apart, why don't we turn all the heat of this thread into active propositions?

For example, it would be nice to see mountaintop instances, to visit some mountains and to feel some more verticality in the game just like we did in Wrothgar (I loved spending time to watch the countryside from Orsinium's towers).

We could be asking for smaller in width, but more vertical maps, no?
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

"I don't know where that image came from, but it's not an entirely accurate depiction of the playable area."

Would you like to revisit this statement, Gina? People on the PTS have proven you wrong with photographic evidence.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastian wrote: »
    Jokes apart, why don't we turn all the heat of this thread into active propositions?

For example, it would be nice to see mountaintop instances, to visit some mountains and to feel some more verticality in the game just like we did in Wrothgar (I loved spending time to watch the countryside from Orsinium's towers).

We could be asking for smaller in width, but more vertical maps, no?

Because it’s too late and they don’t listen to us when it comes to stuff like this. We’ve tried.
    Edited by psychotrip on April 23, 2018 12:40PM

• Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already see the devs gniffel about this topic "See what they complain about now"
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    You gave them so many ideas :scream:
    Nah, developers have been using this "feature" for decades. It's how they shorten development time when management is screaming at them to finish up.

People don't know what it's like to be a game developer. No matter what those 3am infomercials tell you, it's not a fun time. There is always a deadline, and it destroys development time.

When companies are now run by bean counters, not actual developers, we're going to see many, many "volcanoes" in games in the years to come.

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khairiah wrote: »
    Have no access to PTS, but Summerset does appear to be really small and inaccessable, due to the fact its a chapter and was promised to be the biggest area yet.

Hail Orsinium, best DLC by miles!

No matter how much I like Vvardenfell, I must agree that Orsinium is best DLC up to date. I just hope quests on Summerset will be at least as good as Vvardenfell ones.
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium isn´t the best Expansion for ESO. It is the most overrated Area of ESO. It has one Storyline and a few Quests offside of it. 3 Worldbosses, two Open Dungeons and one Solo arena. The Area was big. Yes. But very dreary.

But i understand that people must transfigure an Expansion from the past. Because how they can mimimi about the Content in the presence when it gives not a much better Expansion in the past....

Ultimately one mimimi Thread more with overdramatic screams.
    Man muss realistisch sein - Neunfinger Logan (First Law Trilogy)
    RP Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/431297/rp-guide-aus-persoenlicher-sicht-was-ist-rp
    Für alle Einbrecher Tamriels oder die die es werden wollen:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/313750/diebestouren-guide-effektiver-diebstahl-in-teso (veraltet)
    Überblick über die Häuser der Dunmer (Enthält Interpretationen/Für Diskussionen offen):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/481389/die-haeuser-der-dunmer-in-der-zeit-von-eso-haus-hlaalu-redoran-telvanni

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soldier224 wrote: »
    Orsinium isn´t the best Expansion for ESO. It is the most overrated Area of ESO. It has one Storyline and a few Quests offside of it. 3 Worldbosses, two Open Dungeons and one Solo arena. The Area was big. Yes. But very dreary.

But i understand that people must transfigure an Expansion from the past. Because how they can mimimi about the Content in the presence when it gives not a much better Expansion in the past....

Ultimately one mimimi Thread more with overdramatic screams.

Mimimi thread when a massive company developing an AAA game is delivering a small new zone and no major features for $30 and selling it as an "expansion"? When competitors give 5 times the amount of zones PLUS half a dozen dungeons on top PLUS some big features like new races and new classes for almost the same price?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Mimimi thread when a massive company developing an AAA game is delivering a small new zone and no major features for $30 and selling it as an "expansion"? When competitors give 5 times the amount of zones PLUS half a dozen dungeons on top PLUS some big features like new races and new classes for almost the same price?

Ok ok ok.. I see. No new Class, no new races and the Expansion has no major Features. But i think.. it isn´t right. I think it has no major Features for you personally. But Jewellery Crafting and a new Guild are major Features. Your post is mimimi. Thanks for your example.
    Edited by Soldier224 on April 23, 2018 2:33PM
    RP Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/431297/rp-guide-aus-persoenlicher-sicht-was-ist-rp
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/313750/diebestouren-guide-effektiver-diebstahl-in-teso (veraltet)
    Überblick über die Häuser der Dunmer (Enthält Interpretationen/Für Diskussionen offen):
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/481389/die-haeuser-der-dunmer-in-der-zeit-von-eso-haus-hlaalu-redoran-telvanni

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mimimi or not - the zone feels much smaller than auridon - it is not worth the "chapter" status, it should be a DLC.
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    mimimi or not - the zone feels much smaller than auridon

I give you right when Summerset would be the only place in the Chapter.
    - it is not worth the "chapter" status, it should be a DLC.

But that is the same accusation as with Morrowind....
    Edited by Soldier224 on April 23, 2018 2:42PM

• Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you actually enter all the towers of the town?
    Or is it just "landmass"? ;)
    PS5|EU
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »

Can you actually go in all houses in ESO? I think not. Why should it be different in Summerset?

• brimstone74
    brimstone74
    ✭✭✭
    The future of ESO is here. Mountains & Crown Crates. Mountains of Crown Crates? Enjoy the current model. Less actual game, more micro fodder. Wanna bet those mountains are full of crown crates and poorly textured costumes?
    It's Mundumental!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok ok ok.. I see. No new Class, no new races and the Expansion has no major Features. But i think.. it isn´t right. I think it has no major Features for you personally. But Jewellery Crafting and a new Guild are major Features. Your post is mimimi. Thanks for your example.

Actually your post is mimimi, mine is criticism.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Actually your post is mimimi, mine is criticism.

You can not think of more?

• Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you actually go in all houses in ESO? I think not. Why should it be different in Summerset?

That wasn't my question, sorry!
    If you could enter most of these towers, it would be a compensation to all these mountains.
    But i think, that's not the case.

In the end you could think, ZOS makes every new map smaller and smaller (Raids included) . ;)

Edited by Sun7dance on April 23, 2018 3:00PM
    PS5|EU
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    mimimi or not - the zone feels much smaller than auridon

I give you right when Summerset would be the only place in the Chapter.
    - it is not worth the "chapter" status, it should be a DLC.

But that is the same accusation as with Morrowind....

I just gave my first impression from wandering around in Summerset - i am not going to play it on the PTS - I want to experience it later on the live server. Will I buy it?- Certainly, it is a story-driven pve zone and so I will buy it, but i am not in a rush to buy it, that's for sure. Still, I am disappointed about the size of it, it should feel much larger than Auridon and it doesn't.

As far as Morrowind goes, i am enjoying this chapter, but maybe there is a lot of nostalgia with it, which makes me feel like it.
  • Soldier224
    Soldier224
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That wasn't my question, sorry!
    If you could enter most of these towers, it would be a compensation to all these mountains.
    But i think, that's not the case.

In the end you could think, ZOS makes every new map smaller and smaller (Raids included) . ;)

Then sorry too. I have you missunderstood.

The Problem is that we not know what the next dlc´s are. Last year we get a small Raid too. But on Morrowind a bigger Raid. Maybe a bigger raid comes with an DLC? We should see what ZOS brings the whole year . Then we can better compare.

I also think that many people not know what stands behind the Jewelery crafting and the Guild. The Guild have not only the one Skillline... but also an Storyline too. The Jewelery Crafting isn´t only the improve of Jewelery or the Crafting. It has his own Skillline, new Ressources on the whole Tamriel with special Events and new characteristics. One of that provides more than a new Class or a new Races.
    Edited by Soldier224 on April 23, 2018 3:27PM

• psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're missing the point entirely, and it's getting a bit silly to have to repeat this:

Zenimax told us this would be the largest zone they've ever released.

It is not.

It's that simple.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What ZOS sees:

Introducing The Elder Scrolls Online: Skyrim

606504.JPG

"No, you can't go there".

Oh yeah? Then how did you get up there to take that picture?

Ok ok ok.. I see. No new Class, no new races and the Expansion has no major Features. But i think.. it isn´t right. I think it has no major Features for you personally. But Jewellery Crafting and a new Guild are major Features.

Jewelry crafting is a major feature, but it isn't really an accessible feature in the current PTS phase. I hesitate to list it as a major feature as long as they are going to be working to limit adoption. I'll give them some rope here, but my expectation is that the desire to throttle people using it will outweigh the benefits of the feature. They risk turning a selling point into a source of frustration with the path they seem to be on. I eagerly await patch notes today to see if anything changes.

Psijic is a new feature that seems to worth listing as a major feature.

As for Summerset, I feel it is larger than Wrothgar in terms of usable overland space. That is pretty evident after a few days of running around. I am not sure where it stands relative to Vvardenfell. It does not feel that big to me, and that might be tricks of the terrain.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're missing the point entirely, and it's getting a bit silly to have to repeat this:

It is not.

It's that simple.

The funny thing about this is it isn't just the largest zone they've ever done, it's barely bigger than Auridon. That's the absurd thing. Summerset (Alinor) should be at least twice, maybe three times the size of Auridon, not just Auridon +10%.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not.

It's that simple.

The funny thing about this is it isn't just the largest zone they've ever done, it's barely bigger than Auridon. That's the absurd thing. Summerset (Alinor) should be at least twice, maybe three times the size of Auridon, not just Auridon +10%.

Exactly.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
This discussion has been closed.