The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mountains, mountains and... more mountains. Vvardenfell vol. 2.

• Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    If you thought Vvardenfell was just Orsinium with volcano on top, look at Summerset map.

747rzt9.jpg

I spent quite a lot of time and explored as much as I could on my mount and feet. These areas are not accessible, they are just mountains blocking everything.
    I'm sick of it, everytime ZOS is too lazy to put more content in DLCs / Chapters, they just put bunch of mountains so the map looks less empty.

I don't care if these mountains are for immersion, more beautiful views or whatever.
    I prefer Summerset to be completely flat like a damn desert, BUT at least filled with quests and other activities in these areas.

Megaservers cannot accept this...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone made a meme where they put huge volcanos in orsinium, I'm wondering if they'll do the same for summerset
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this means.... Orsinium is the biggest zone DLC still..... *sigh* sometimes i miss the Konk!

This looks intentional to me so they could brag that the zone is bigger when it acually isnt.......
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Someone made a meme where they put huge volcanos in orsinium, I'm wondering if they'll do the same for summerset

I was looking for that meme, wanted to put it for comparison, but couldn't find it :cry:
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is true its getting a bit embarrassing for Zo$. Hardly a vigorous denial either.

Vvardenfell was fun, but the size of red mountain does make you feel pushed to the edge of the island quite a bit. Failing to include the northern islands kinda highlights Zo$ thinking, maximum price for minimum effort.

Summerset is make or break for me. If it feels like a half arsed cash grab i'm done.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    ZOS appears to be happy delivering the bare minimum. As long as fanbois are happy to defend their laziness, half baked content is all we may get with ESO from now on.

There is so much more they could have done with the landmass of Summerset and Vvardenfell. A ton of missed opportunities to show off their talents and be really creative. Think I’m wrong? Take a look at the massive zones and varied environments that WoW, FFXIV, and GW2 released with their expansions.

Totally agree!!
    At least with vvanderfell we got battlegrounds and a warden
    Edited by Mitoice on April 19, 2018 10:25PM
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They betrayed their customers in watch dogs 1. Everyone know what happened to watch dogs 2 & latest assasin creed edition. They tried to rectify hard, the errors, no gamers not even listen to them. Even ubisoft went a step higher by using bots & paid reviews. But gamer turned their back completely. See what happened to GTA 5. GTA is almost forgetted. No one is going to preorder or by GTA 6. No matter how rockstar cries and market. Gamers know legacy the GTA created in gaming industry.

Are you *** mental? Anything Rockstar announces and later sells will be bought by an incredible number of people on every available platform. Apart from no DLC as was promised for GTA5 there're no other issues with that game, so I've got no idea where you got your predictions from Nostradamus.

Take off your tin foil hat and maybe work on your grammar.
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I do like is there is a crap ton of instances areas that go into the mountains. As someone who's played I feel like the roads are way to fat on the map and really doesn't help with making it look big at all.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love running around mountains? Have I got the ESO Chapter for you!
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf this map looks really dam small....this kinda kills my hype for summerset
  • Mannox
    Mannox
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I want the flattest land possible. I'm sick of the unnatural feeling that almost every zone in this game has. It's obvious time wasting and it looks inorganic. Forcing the player to constantly meander and snake through play areas.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The zone is absolutely tiny. I rode for 30 seconds up a road and suddenly I was on the other side of the island. How is that ok? The main quests we can’t talk about are decently interesting, but most the other ones are mindnumbing and dull. Even the delve quests are worse than the base game’s.

Not even getting into the horrendous jewelry crafting system. Spent hours on the PTS and found one node in a base game zone, zero in Summerset itself, and these things aren’t easy to miss either.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't really need to add content to the mountains, but at least they should be able to add tortuous wandering paths for crossing them and having nice views walking along them... if no other thing than for RP activities, with just some minor details around.

I really dislile the invisible walls everywhere and the unnatural walls of stone just used for the old channeling of players in the days of more linear progression, from before One Tam.

Also, what's worries me is that this is a one time deal, if we get this tiny spec of land now, it will stay that way forever and we'll never be able to see the Summerset Isles as they're suppose to be... that doesn't bode well for future titles in the ES series, sadly.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Osubaker33
    Osubaker33
    ✭✭✭
    Even if there isn't much up in the mountains, at least let us go up and explore them. Not everything has to be filled to the brim. Sometimes its just fun exploring terrain.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Euhm... since when is Summerset smaller than Auridon? unknown.png?width=617&height=619
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    ..well you want jewel crafting, here's your possible reason why they decided to pay wall it.
    Warden last time, JC this time.
    I hope it larger than it looks.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd be nice if the Mountains were actually accessible. Like they had little winding paths running through them and even side quests up in them.

Also, surprised to see Dolmens again.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »
    They betrayed their customers in watch dogs 1. Everyone know what happened to watch dogs 2 & latest assasin creed edition. They tried to rectify hard, the errors, no gamers not even listen to them. Even ubisoft went a step higher by using bots & paid reviews. But gamer turned their back completely. See what happened to GTA 5. GTA is almost forgetted. No one is going to preorder or by GTA 6. No matter how rockstar cries and market. Gamers know legacy the GTA created in gaming industry.

Are you *** mental? Anything Rockstar announces and later sells will be bought by an incredible number of people on every available platform. Apart from no DLC as was promised for GTA5 there're no other issues with that game, so I've got no idea where you got your predictions from Nostradamus.

Take off your tin foil hat and maybe work on your grammar.

Just read all reviews by customers in steam and public forums. You dont have to speak like an agent from rockstar. GTA 5 written off and GTA SA still best game in the series.

" Apart from no DLC as was promised for GTA5 there're no other issues with that game" . Are you a mental or entire gaming community is mental ? When entire community gives such mixed reviews and you said there is no issue with the game? I can post the links for public reviews from all general customers and even steam review page. Just go to every public forums and put same words below against all negative reviews .
    " Are you a mental ? "
    Again you tell whatever you want. But truth prevails and either you or me cannot change it.
    Rock-star is in verge of written off by gaming community.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on April 20, 2018 2:28AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been on the PTS but this zone is looking laughably small.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    That's a very generous map of yours. Mine's even worse - although allegedly there are some areas accessible through specific quests, which I haven't found so far.

cZ0oopd.jpg

Wtf, thats like half unaccessible.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    someone willing to ride from south to north / west to east and time it?
    summerset, auridon, vvardenfell and orsinium?
    that would settle all speculations about size.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After scaling the maps based on town size, the world map should display Summerset about 25% smaller than it's currently being shown

1: The world map with direct overlays. The visual scale discrepancies are pretty clear here
    tumblr_p7h2qrOib81wq1mxoo2_540.png

2: checking town sizes and scale discrepancies, included all beachfront and docks for the towns sizing. Based on PTS experience, the Summerset towns are the same size or smaller than Skywatch in horizontal space taken, Summerset towns have much more verticality and winding corridors.
    tumblr_p7h2qrOib81wq1mxoo3_540.png

3: scaled summerset zone based on town sizes. Even very forgiving size references show a major problem in how the zone was designed.
    tumblr_p7h2qrOib81wq1mxoo1_540.png
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for posting this information. This is the last time I will pre-order anything from ZOS.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is gonna cost them a few sales and *** alot of people off.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno pls answer to us
    why Summerset and Auridon equal in size?
    its ***
    Edited by ClockworkCityBugs on April 20, 2018 7:39AM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    Nermy wrote: »
    Looks fairly filled with quests and hubs where there aren't mountains...

*EDIT* - That transitus at the north end looks a bit lonely. :(

not for almost the full price of a game

Yes but we're getting jewelry crafting, a new skill line, loads of changes to sets and skills AND, more importantly, some nice changes for Cyrodiil!

Always someone whinging somewhere...
    ;)
    Edited by Nermy on April 20, 2018 7:45AM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • asuitandtyb14_ESO
    asuitandtyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    Looks fairly filled with quests and hubs where there aren't mountains...

*EDIT* - That transitus at the north end looks a bit lonely. :(

not for almost the full price of a game

Yes but we're getting jewelry crafting, a new skill line, loads of changes to sets and skills AND, more importantly, some nice changes for Cyrodiil!

Always someone whinging somewhere...
    ;)

I don't want to get into a thing here, but it's just as easy to say "there's always someone whiteknighting bad business practices in games somewhere". So I'll instead say that no matter how much you dislike or like something, feedback can (and should), always be used to improve a product.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    That's a very generous map of yours. Mine's even worse - although allegedly there are some areas accessible through specific quests, which I haven't found so far.

cZ0oopd.jpg

Welcome to "Chapters." DLCs that you pay extra for because ZOS decided to betray subscribers and go back on its promise to deliver 4DLC per quarter.
    0kZklRg.png
    u8QDgMX.jpg

Aliyavana wrote: »

Paging @MisterBigglesworth

Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on April 20, 2018 8:28AM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have no issue if they simply would admit: Hey guys the area is just too large for 1 year of development, so we have to put some invisible walls at the border of the map. Actually, they should have put invisible walls already around the Gold Coast rather than building a Chinese Wall.

As I saw the size of Summerset in the original world maps my thought was: Wow if they really managed to create the entire island this would be a very large expansion. Later on I thought that they might only create half its size and put some invisible walls or a mountain divide.

But now we have the entire island in form of a rather small area. :/ I think we really have had enough of these 'translation errors' recently ... Also the community suggestion made in this thread

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/402045/summerset-architecture/p1

seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Now I hope that the inaccessible areas can get some love in a later expansion of this chapter at least.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how much I care. I preordered just to have jewelry crafting and bonuses.
This discussion has been closed.