Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    Sorry I do not keep up with this thread as much but has ZOS ever talked about this? Discuss a compromise or something? Or are they pulling a Bungie and ignoring the criticism for greedy behavior?

1500 Crowns for ONE additional slot on ONE character is just so absurd I want to actually throw up.

They are giving us the silent treatment
    Options
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Isn't an unclear wording to trick people in spending money on something that does not fulfill their requirement, a kind of scam that is subject to liability and prosecution ?

I would believe in their good faith if they updated the wording after the first feedback that says, it is unclear.

Refusing to change it after so many threads and so many pages of complain, is a show of bad will.

I would prefer they make the slots account wide though.

It might be considered fraud, yes. However, it would be an extremely steep uphill battle trying to prove that.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    Options
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I do not keep up with this thread as much but has ZOS ever talked about this? Discuss a compromise or something? Or are they pulling a Bungie and ignoring the criticism for greedy behavior?

1500 Crowns for ONE additional slot on ONE character is just so absurd I want to actually throw up.

I don't imagine they're allowed to comment. However, just a quick "We're aware of your concerns" would go a long way.
    Options
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    its cosmetic at the end of the day...but it is VERY expensive
    Options
  • Velaethia
    Velaethia
    ✭✭✭
    Did they finally fix this glaring issue?
    Let's get one thing straight, I'm not ; )
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velaethia wrote: »
    Did they finally fix this glaring issue?

In order for them to fix it, they'd have to consider it a problem first. And so far, that doesn't appear to be the case.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Silence is how ZOS usually deals with anything they know we won't like the answer to. :\
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any change coming to this in U18 ? I mean that would be a right time to make the slots account wide

Just saying
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any change coming to this in U18 ? I mean that would be a right time to make the slots account wide

Just saying

Or at the very least add an account-wide version, even if it's also obscenely expensive. At least that way they'd be able to save face AND people could grumble and pay the 4500 Crowns or whatever once to get a second slot for all their toons.

Heck, if they went that route, after a good five years or so people will have bought enough account-wide slots that it'll probably equal the profit they could have made in a single year had they started with reasonably priced per-character slots!
    Options
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that there is this much outcry says something. I only wish they would give some feedback.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
    Options
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    Between the two events, I've been playing ESO a lot more, I haven't even logged into SWTOR or Star Citizen in the last month. And having the outfit system in game has definitely added to my enjoyment. Now when I create a character, they look like I wanted them to... in the beta. Better late than never. ESO looks good enough, that I have been playing since day 1 of early access, hoping the system would be added SoonTM. When SWTOR launched, I stopped playing and didn't sub until they added the Outfit System six months later.

Last night, running one of my AD characters to Hew's Bane to unlock the Thieves' Guild for them, I was thinking how over-dressed his AD Heavy Armour looked. So I casually totaled up how many outfit slots I'd be running normally in an MMO like ESO. Seven. Minimum. Per character. I have 5 characters on the EU servers and 8 characters on the NA servers. That's 78 more outfit slots that I would have bought if they had been anywhere close to reasonably priced. But at this ridiculous price that would be 117,000 Crowns.

At that's at least €709.94 worth of crowns. If I wait for a sale (usually €19.99 for 5,500 Crowns) that's still €439.78. That's 7-10 days of my after-tax wages... for the Outfit System. No.

I love the game and love the system, but it makes me literally queasy to think about unlocking other slots.
    Edited by Anthony_Arndt on April 9, 2018 10:55AM
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No feedback from devs so far? Guess, I'll never be able to bring most of my customization ideas to life. Which is rather sad. As a lot of players here, I'll never pay 1500 crown per slot. Make it account wide or lower the price, and maybe I'll reconsider. I understand, that the team is busy with launching the next chapter, but at least give the community answer, will revisal of the current outfit slot price ever be a thing or not, @ZOS_GinaBruno? I appologize for adressing you directly, but I don't know who else can give an answer regarding this problem.

[corrected wrong tag]
    Edited by logarifmik on April 10, 2018 8:19AM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between the two events, I've been playing ESO a lot more, I haven't even logged into SWTOR or Star Citizen in the last month. And having the outfit system in game has definitely added to my enjoyment. Now when I create a character, they look like I wanted them to... in the beta. Better late than never. ESO looks good enough, that I have been playing since day 1 of early access, hoping the system would be added SoonTM. When SWTOR launched, I stopped playing and didn't sub until they added the Outfit System six months later.

Last night, running one of my AD characters to Hew's Bane to unlock the Thieves' Guild for them, I was thinking how over-dressed his AD Heavy Armour looked. So I casually totaled up how many outfit slots I'd be running normally in an MMO like ESO. Seven. Minimum. Per character. I have 5 characters on the EU servers and 8 characters on the NA servers. That's 78 more outfit slots that I would have bought if they had been anywhere close to reasonably priced. But at this ridiculous price that would be 117,000 Crowns.

At that's at least €709.94 worth of crowns. If I wait for a sale (usually €19.99 for 5,500 Crowns) that's still €439.78. That's 7-10 days of my after-tax wages... for the Outfit System. No.

I love the game and love the system, but it makes me literally queasy to think about unlocking other slots.

Yeah. I think that's what bothers me the most about this: I absolutely WOULD buy a couple extra slots (I could easily use 2-3 slots per toon, and more on some of them). If it was reasonably priced, I would be giving them money. Right now. And I'd continue to give them money as I was able to afford it, because the longer I play the more situations I'll find myself in where having yet another outfit slot would be nice.

But instead, it's this price. Which is literally over 1000% higher than most of the direct competition. Which is so beyond absurd it's kind of incredible, and makes me wonder if they bothered to research the competition (or assumed we hadn't). So... my money will just sit here unspent, I guess. Which is a real shame, because the Outfit System is legitimately pretty awesome.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on April 9, 2018 9:42PM
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @logarifmik , Gina's tag is ZOS_GinaBruno (and Jessica's is ZOS_JessicaFolsom). Most of the Zeni employees are prefixed by @ZOS_
    Yeah. I think that's what bothers me the most about this: I absolutely WOULD buy a couple extra slots (I could easily use 2-3 slots per toon, and more on some of them). If it was reasonably priced, I would be giving them money. Right now. And I'd continue to give them money as I was able to afford it, because the longer I play the more situations I'll find myself in where having yet another outfit slot would be nice.

But instead, it's this price. Which is literally over 1000% higher than most of the direct competition. Which is so beyond absurd it's kind of incredible, and makes me wonder if they bothered to research the competition (or assumed we hadn't). So... my money will just sit here unspent, I guess. Which is a real shame, because the Outfit System is legitimately pretty awesome.

This very much.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly how I feel. I continue to lament that I cannot get even ONE more outfit slot for any of my characters, it's just too expensive... and given my tendency to delete and restart characters, it's WAY too expensive to pay for something I'd LOSE if and when I delete the character.

I should also say, I'm gravely saddened by the knowledge that NOTHING will be done. Not since I was a beta tester over at LotRO have I felt that any team of developers ever listen to anything the customers say. From what I've seen here, especially lately, there's NO interest in communicating with us on issues like this. Oh, we get responses to requests for help, and we get responses when we sing the game's praises, but when we ask for a problem like this to be addressed, it's nothing but stony silence.
    Edited by Morgha_Kul on April 10, 2018 3:19AM
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Oh, we get responses to requests for help, and we get responses when we sing the game's praises, but when we ask for a problem like this to be addressed, it's nothing but stony silence.

I've always been a bit amused by this. Say something positive, especially about a controversial feature? ZOS Community Team members come swarming out of the woodwork to tell you how much they appreciate your feedback and how glad they are they you're enjoying the game, often within minutes.

Say something critical, however? The silence is deafening. This goes for mechanics discussions, too; best case scenario, a group of (admittedly pretty awesome the last time around) community members are secretly selected to go on a trip to talk shop with the devs where they might have a chance to bring the issue up. Worst-case scenario, the issue gets completely ignored.

Edited by OrdoHermetica on April 10, 2018 7:42AM
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @logarifmik , Gina's tag is ZOS_GinaBruno (and Jessica's is ZOS_JessicaFolsom). Most of the Zeni employees are prefixed by @ZOS_

This very much.

I believe they would make much more money by making the slots account wide. But they would also have happy customers.
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, comrade! I've fixed tag in my post.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The key to a successful business is happy customers.

It's FAR better to make $1000 and have 100 happy customers than to make $1000 and have 1 happy customer and 99 unhappy ones.

People talk to one another, and positive feedback will help your business. Negative feedback can kill it.
    Options
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    The downtime is giving me more time to read forums over my morning tea... and this comparison stood out to me.
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    ...To answer your question about SWTOR, it is 300cc (about $2.50) for an account-wide outfit slot unlock. Like ESO, you get one free. The remaining four you mention would cost $10 (1200cc) across your account or 80k credits (20k credits per account wide slot).

Think about that one for a second - to get four slots account wide in SWTOR is 33% LESS than one slot one for one character in ESO. So using you numbers for comparison with 12 toons each getting four additional slots, it would cost you $10 in SWTOR and about $700 in ESO. Think about the absolute absurdity of it now when you consider most MMOs with outfit slots charge the same as SWTOR.

Taking the price of one slot in another MMO, ESO is trying to charge almost 1800% more than usual prices on these things. That kind of pricing differential borders on insanity. It's like a store trying to charge $45 for a gallon of milk when every other store sells it at $2.50 a gallon - to put some perspective on it.

Another example, and more close to home, is ESO Plus costs the standard $15/month like every other MMO. Why? Because it is an established market rate (just like sub $1 prices for a single outfit slot and $3 for an account wide one is established). How many ESO Plus members would there be if ZoS instead charged $265/month? My bet is there would be very little. Yet, that is the same pricing differential as the current outfit slot costs...
    ...how many outfit slots I'd be running normally in an MMO like ESO. Seven. Minimum. Per character. I have 5 characters on the EU servers and 8 characters on the NA servers. That's 78 more outfit slots that I would have bought if they had been anywhere close to reasonably priced. But at this ridiculous price that would be 117,000 Crowns.

At that's at least €709.94 worth of crowns. If I wait for a sale (usually €19.99 for 5,500 Crowns) that's still €439.78. That's 7-10 days of my after-tax wages... for the Outfit System. No...

In SWTOR, account-wide unlocks are account-wide. In ESO, "account-wide" unlocks are only good for the server you are logged into at the moment.

So were I to pay cash for all my outfit tabs, it would cost me about $17.50 to unlock 7 additional tabs for all characters on all servers. And I could delete and recreate characters at will and every new character would cost no extra money. In ESO, it would cost me €440-710, just for my current 13 characters, and if I ever deleted one of those characters I'd be out the money. And to create a new character would cost me €34-55.

Or if I saved up for my outfit slots using just the subscriber incentive points. In SWTOR you only get 500/mo. So I'd have to spend my points for 4.25 months of subbing. In ESO you get 1500/mo. But it would take me all of my points for six-and-a-half YEARS... plus another eight months every time I created a character. So were I a new subscriber to SWTOR, I would have eight slots on all of my characters forever... by the end of summer. And were I a new player to ESO, I would have my eight slots unlocked sometime around October 2024.

That is just unjustifiably ridiculous.

I still love the system, but I absolutely despise the pricing.

Edited by Anthony_Arndt on April 10, 2018 10:48AM
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But instead, it's this price. Which is literally over 1000% higher than most of the direct competition.

Competition ? What competition ? It's not like you can buy an outfit slot for ESO at Blizzard's.

I get what you mean, but it's the wrong point of view. It's like, if you buy a Ford, you can't get spare parts at Volkswagen.
    We're the type of customers called "captive". That's why spare parts for cars (or for anything branded) are so expensive. And that's why ZOS can afford to do that with outfit slots.

Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's FAR better to make $1000 and have 100 happy customers than to make $1000 and have 1 happy customer and 99 unhappy ones.

But making $5000 and have 60 happy and 40 unhappy customers is much better than making $1000 and have 100 happy customers.

Besides, low prices don't make customers "happy". Depending on the product and the market segment, low prices may just as well devalue the product psychologically, hence reducing the "happiness" expected in the purchase and the use of the product.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The
    I still love the system, but I absolutely despise the pricing.

I find myself wishing they had just done one slot, if the only option is a massive charge like this per character. That, at least, would have disguised it behind something that appeared to be short sighted. As it is, they show too much of their hand, and it isn't pretty looking,

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But instead, it's this price. Which is literally over 1000% higher than most of the direct competition.

Competition ? What competition ? It's not like you can buy an outfit slot for ESO at Blizzard's.

I get what you mean, but it's the wrong point of view. It's like, if you buy a Ford, you can't get spare parts at Volkswagen.
    We're the type of customers called "captive". That's why spare parts for cars (or for anything branded) are so expensive. And that's why ZOS can afford to do that with outfit slots.

That's not how it works. Sure you can't buy outfit slots for ESO at Blizzard, but there are certainly other MMOs on the market. The only "captive" players are the ones that came from Skyrim and this is the only MMO they're interested in, solely for the lore. Even calling those players "captive" is questionable because you can, without too much of a stretch, assume it's not the MMO part they're interested in so the single player games are always waiting for them to go back to.

When you make a product, you can't just assume your content exists in a bubble. There's always something else out there and ESO certainly can't even claim a monopoly in the MMO market. It's short-sighted on their part to not at least price in a similar range as others within the same genre.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But making $5000 and have 60 happy and 40 unhappy customers is much better than making $1000 and have 100 happy customers.

Besides, low prices don't make customers "happy". Depending on the product and the market segment, low prices may just as well devalue the product psychologically, hence reducing the "happiness" expected in the purchase and the use of the product.

Sorry to say, but market statistics run contrary to what you are saying here. The more likely scenario is they made $1000 to have 10 mildly satisfied customers instead of $5,000 having 100 happy customers.

Like it or not, there is not a single brand on this planet that can charge an 1800% premium on brand strength alone. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Plain and simple, whoever came up with the pricing on these slots is so far out in left field it isn't even funny. I can guarantee, this price cost ZoS a lot of lost revenue. And I do mean a LOT.
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to say, but market statistics run contrary to what you are saying here. The more likely scenario is they made $1000 to have 10 mildly satisfied customers instead of $5,000 having 100 happy customers.

Like it or not, there is not a single brand on this planet that can charge an 1800% premium on brand strength alone. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Plain and simple, whoever came up with the pricing on these slots is so far out in left field it isn't even funny. I can guarantee, this price cost ZoS a lot of lost revenue. And I do mean a LOT.

I think it is pretty much acknowledged that many people would buy a few slots if they were account wide. I think people were looking forward to it but the price are ridiculous.

With this pricing solution (and misleading wording ) they sure are killing the hype for a great system and making many people unhappy

This is a lose lose situation
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t beleive people are defending the cost of extra costume slots. It’s absolutley insnane, end of story.
    Options
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭

I am baffled how majority of people posting on this forum thinks that ZOS manage marketing and finance. It is always about corporate overlord i.e. it's all about ZeniMax Media. Just look who is sitting in their Board of Directors! Those people want max profit with the least possible investment (which is modus operandi of every business) so don't blame devs who have nothing with it.
    Edited by exiars10 on April 11, 2018 7:45AM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
    Options
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »

I am baffled how majority of people posting on this forum thinks that ZOS manage marketing and finance. It is always about corporate overlord i.e. it's all about ZeniMax Media. Just look who is sitting in their Board of Directors! Those people want max profit with the least possible investment (which is modus operandi of every business) so don't blame devs who have nothing with it.

Not likely. Corporate Overlords, as you call them, usually just set revenue targets - not get involved in individual pricing. There is usually a product manager in charge of the CS - working with devs to determine what is needed for the CS - and also setting the individual pricing.

That being said, this one was a huge miss. I have no idea, with such established pricing on the market, how you set a price so in the stratosphere people just shake their head and avoid buying it. Additionally, whoever set this price knew it was way out in left field and therefore the lack of clarity in the description. I would be willing to bet many that bought them for the price they are thought they were an account-wide unlock, not a single slot on a single character.
    Edited by Wayshuba on April 11, 2018 11:01AM
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The outfit system is a really good and versatile idea, but it's been totally crippled by all the silly charges and the outfit slot debacle. If I'd been the dev creating it, I would be so disappointed at how my idea had been ruined by greed.

The gold charges for stuff make no sense at all - more sense would be that pieces require a style stone instead. Dyeing should have no cost other than playing the content to acquire the colours.

As for the per slot cost. Utterly stupid and horribly cynical of whoever set those ridiculous prices. Shame on you, whoever you are.
    Edited by AlienSlof on April 11, 2018 11:28AM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options