The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer Summerset Changes Discussion

• Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, Dual wield is now useless :smiley:

Actually very interesting changes and thanks god to that "two hand/staves count as 2 items toward sets". How many years we were asking for it...

Rune prison buff doesn't apply to defensive rune?

Dam lol. I just golded out two hunding daggers too.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to drop the Master's Destro and go for another 5 piece / Monster set because of the damage is guaranteed from Rune Cage. I still hate Crystal Frags change.

I'm a little fuzzy on the Bound Armaments change. The meta for tanks is Health, Bound Armaments is the "tank" morph and it's increasing magicka by 8% while giving a bonus to something normally associated with stamina (block). One of the invitees (think it was Alcast) said even the devs recognize Forest staff "magicka" tanking isn't where they want to be so this actual skill usage is a waste for DPS (they shield not block) and it's only going to be slotted for the passive. Awkward.

Lightning Flood absolutely needed some love. 6 seconds is *really* hard to maintain so I suspect Liquid Lightning will still get the higher parses.

I don't mind these changes.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 4, 2018 1:06PM
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LL is better, 10 sec is irreplacable.

I have few setup wanna try with my mag sorc B)
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, regarding Flood, the additional area is nice, but the buff gives it the equivalent of on additional tick, still 3 seconds (worth of ticks) shy of LL.

Most can put LL down with enough precision to be effective anyway, so I don't see many conversions happening here. In super mobile fights, bosses/adds/players are out of the AoE in either case anyway.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, regarding Flood, the additional area is nice, but the buff gives it the equivalent of on additional tick, still 3 seconds (worth of ticks) shy of LL.

Most can put LL down with enough precision to be effective anyway, so I don't see many conversions happening here. In super mobile fights, bosses/adds/players are out of the AoE in either case anyway.

Any cases where it would be useful?
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    Well, Dual wield is now useless :smiley:

Actually very interesting changes and thanks god to that "two hand/staves count as 2 items toward sets". How many years we were asking for it...

Rune prison buff doesn't apply to defensive rune?

Dam lol. I just golded out two hunding daggers too.

Probably not useless for a stam build, you'll be using the weapon abilities - but useless for magicka.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Any cases where it would be useful?

For the top crème of players with many adds and/or mobile fights (the boss moved around, start at the edge and about expiration exits the enlarged area f.e.).
    But for the average Joe it would be still cumbersome to use.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Occasionally in BGs people use Blockade, because it covers quite well the contested flag areas and it offers unblockable and cost efficient AoE damage against tanks. Current Lightning Flood hits harder than Wall of Elements, can be used on any bar and it's the same cost. But it's too tiny.

I actually think the damage buff is unwarranted and would prefer if the skill was increasing in radius with each rank becoming 5/6/7/8 meters of AoE. Because tbh, if that happened I would occasionally use it in PvP instead of Blockade. Currently Blockade covers more are and is more of a nuisance for opponents while LL it's still better for PvE, so nothing will really change there.
    Edited by Maulkin on April 4, 2018 1:55PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to drop the Master's Destro and go for another 5 piece / Monster set because of the damage is guaranteed from Rune Cage. I still hate Crystal Frags change.

I'm a little fuzzy on the Bound Armaments change. The meta for tanks is Health, Bound Armaments is the "tank" morph and it's increasing magicka by 8% while giving a bonus to something normally associated with stamina (block). One of the invitees (think it was Alcast) said even the devs recognize Forest staff "magicka" tanking isn't where they want to be so this actual skill usage is a waste for DPS (they shield not block) and it's only going to be slotted for the passive. Awkward.

Lightning Flood absolutely needed some love. 6 seconds is *really* hard to maintain so I suspect Liquid Lightning will still get the higher parses.

I don't mind these changes.

Bound armaments will help them sustain with active ability with 20% increase in damage blockad extra 8% more magicka. Assuming for one min if they have 8% health buff from a sorc pet and self heal ability. Not mention pestient change. Issue though is I still think clanfear is an actual issue in combat. Well I don't see any sustain issues or even skill issue.. but utilities in group play are what I question. There's potential for uptimes in concussion but the abilities are at lower end to buff it.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About what's mentioned in the OP:

- I'll actually have to try out Conjured Ward a little before going back to Hardened again on PTS.
    - The Rune Cage change is *huge*. Not using it after that is similar to not using Curse now, as far as I'm concerned.
    - Mines will be less punishing to use after a chase when you're low on resources.
    - Not gonna use Bound Armour over Mage Light. Which I'm not even seriously thinking about with the new Psijic skill line.
    - The new Persistence will help a bit when taking a lot of pressure and having to block anyway.
    - Light/heavy attack scaling will make dualwield a lot less enticing. Not that I considered it previously.
    - *Finally* 2h counts as 2 pieces. By far my favorite change in this update, even before jewelry crafting.

About the confused Sorcs in this thread:

- Valera Progib, Defensive Rune get's the same duration increase as Rune Cage, but still no damage.
    - The real competitors among the new jewelry trais will probably be Triune, Swift and Infused. But don't underestimate a "synergy user" in a group with 3 Harmony.
    - @Xeven the duration increase from the Persistence passive has been attached to the skills themselves. Not losing a thing.

Additional Input:

- Empower might change a lot. Meteor will receive a serious damage nerf, while Overload gets a buff.
    - Without having any actualy numbers on the damage, costs etc., *all* the new Psijic skills look interesting so far. Some specifics:
    - If it will work the way I understand, the Psijic passive that provides a shield when you buff will help light armor the most because of low resistances and selective blocking, but will reduce overall lethality of burst, which hurts mag Sorc.
    - The higher regen morph of Meditate might work well as replacement for Dark Conversion. However, I also see potential for Immovable + the defensive moprh, unfortunately that wouldn't be useable in light armor.
    - Undo can be placed on Overload and work fine, as one needs to plan ahead to use it anyway. I guess the morph allowing you to use it while stunned is then out of the question, though, if the other one will be any good.
    - I actually see this update as a buff for Master staves if using a backbar set, as you can then stack it with two 5pc bonuses and a Monster Set; however, you lose out on the 4pc bonus of the backbar set. Not that this would be any different with dualwield.
    Edited by ToRelax on April 4, 2018 2:10PM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, lightning flood still last 6 sec ... I don't see how this can fit on my rotation.

I have never seen my atronach die .. generally peoples stun him or get out of range then wait for him to disappear. ( 1V1)

Cool for the rune prison's buff, even if it could apply a debuff instead of dealing damages.

So mines will last 30 sec instead of 36 sec, but they reduced the cost so ... pretty good.

The bound armor change is the best thing i see, i just hope this won't work like Inner light. I don't want to lose 8% ( bound armor) and 5% ( inner light ) of my max magicka EACH time I barswap.

For the Persistence passive ... maybe for tank ? This would reduce the Dark Deal cost.

Edited by Apherius on April 4, 2018 2:09PM
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    - Empower might change a lot. Meteor will receive a serious damage nerf, while Overload gets a buff.

I believe that never worked. Didn't use to at least unless they fixed it. With Meteor I mean, worked fine with the non-ult skills.

EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    For the Persistence passive ... maybe for tank ? This would reduce the Dark Deal cost.

If Persistence has no cooldown then Sorc Tanks are getting a HUGE buff by having a constant 15% cost reduction. That's insane.

EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

I believe that never worked. Didn't use to at least unless they fixed it. With Meteor I mean, worked fine with the non-ult skills.

Oh look, another confused Sorc! :tongue:
    Minno wrote: »
    Well that fixes the meteor empower buff being wasted on a follow up skill instead of on meteor. Lol

Last time I tested it back in January, Meteor was empowering itself + the first attack before it hit + the first attack after it hit... aka refreshing the buff and still retaining the bonus itself. The patch before that, it empowered the first skill before it landed but then used the buff up itself. In both cases, it was turning out better than you'd expect.
    I vaguely remember the buff being used up by the first hit before the meteor in 1.6 when I started using it, but don't quote me on that.

Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ToRelax

I didn't say we lost anything, I said the duration of Rune right now is 3 seconds with the passive. It was "buffed" to five seconds. I'll take it, but I'd much rather have something else.

Also, I think you're confused, not me.

You can't Empower Meteor. You never could.
    Meditate will never replace conversion.
    The damage on Rune is meh with battle spirit.
    Lich and Riposte are our main backbar sets. You still need 4pc of either set front bar for the regen, so backbar you'd be wasting a set bonus now.

You've got rose colored glasses on my friend.

Edited by Xeven on April 4, 2018 2:57PM
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually thinking about this more kinda unnerving at least one sorc dps will likely use emprowered.

Sorc healers seem less useful end game to compared uprising of dks. I really wish absorption field was actually useful in negating an aoe or stuns mobs besides rare cases.

Templars got mobile buff for allies. Along small ultimate generation coming.

Wardens still have extra health and resistances.

Dk have extreme potential in support after next patch with Major sorc and brutality along with ultimate generation and major mending.

Nightblades ulimate buff sounds very useful if one tried to play healer.
    Edited by Tasear on April 4, 2018 2:54PM
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    ToRelax

I didn't say we lost anything, I said the duration of Rune right now is 3 seconds with the passive. It was "buffed" to five seconds. I'll take it, but I'd much rather have something else.

@Xeven

I see, misunderstood you then.
    Also, I think you're confused, not me.

You can't Empower Meteor. You never could.
    Meditate will never replace conversion.
    The damage on Rune is meh with battle spirit.
    Lich is our main backbar set. You still need 4pc front for the regen, so backbar you'd be wasting a set bonus now.

You've got rose colored glasses on my friend.

As I mentioned, Meteor empowers itself. I mean, you don't have to believe me, but it does.

The only information I have on Meditate regeneration numbers is "several thousand every second", so at zero cost, this replacing Conversion is a distinct possibility. Which, if anything, would be a relative nerf to Sorcs, because it's available to everyone.

The damage is on Rune Cage is a little less than most spammables. The benefit of getting in a guaranteed unblocked burst is huge even now. The cc duration will be extended to the point where it's highly unlikely anyone will survive when out of stam. The damage on the ability itself is now also guaranteed, unblockable, and closing the gap in possible burst damage to a combo without it (assuming target breaks free).

Of course I would "waste" a set bonus to get another one on an undaunted set! Count me in!
    Seriously, I already gave up a full undaunted set to run a Master Staff in the first place. I'm not giving up that staff now in order to gain a standard bonus.

Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ToRelax

We need more than that. I honestly don't see the Psijic skill line offering us much, and I'm pretty sure you have to slot a skill to get the block/shield passive. If were using undo on the back bar, we wont get the passive on the front. I'm really not seeing anything to be happy about except maybe a front bar only bound armor and the staff changes.

Also, meteor does not empower itself. Cast inner light and check your tooltips. They all get bigger except meteor.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh look, another confused Sorc! :tongue:
    Minno wrote: »
    Well that fixes the meteor empower buff being wasted on a follow up skill instead of on meteor. Lol

Last time I tested it back in January, Meteor was empowering itself + the first attack before it hit + the first attack after it hit... aka refreshing the buff and still retaining the bonus itself. The patch before that, it empowered the first skill before it landed but then used the buff up itself. In both cases, it was turning out better than you'd expect.
    I vaguely remember the buff being used up by the first hit before the meteor in 1.6 when I started using it, but don't quote me on that.

Good to know, cheers
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how stam sorc do as they seem not to be well represented on the forum :)

Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I wonder how stam sorc do as they seem not to be well represented on the forum :)

They seem to be getting good buffs as far as I'm concerned. @Vapirko came in here to vent that no one talks about them, but as soon as I offered my opinion and asked him to expand on his... he do me a disappear.

EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax

We need more than that. I honestly don't see the Psijic skill line offering us much, and I'm pretty sure you have to slot a skill to get the block/shield passive. If were using undo on the back bar, we wont get the passive on the front. I'm really not seeing anything to be happy about except maybe a front bar only bound armor and the staff changes.

Also, meteor does not empower itself. Cast inner light and check your tooltips. They all get bigger except meteor.

@Xeven

I hope the thing about needing to slot a skill is true, that seems alright with me then.

I just tested Meteor no PTS and it still works the exact way I described; empowering itself and the first attack before it hits (not the one afterwards anymore).
    Having Empower active doesn't change the tooltip, but having MotG unlocked will increase it's actual damage by 20%.
    And this is the actual Empower buff, confirmed by empowering it with Wrecking Blow as well.
    Edited by ToRelax on April 4, 2018 3:41PM

Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ToRelax

I haven't tested so I'll take your word for it.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unhappy about the death of DW, really am. But the indirect impact and loss of empowered frags.

Other changes I'm open to. My OL Build is just getting buffed

If DW last passive got a buff, and frags had 20% damage back id be overjoyed.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m not happy with the changes at all. We asked for damage, and didn’t get it. Meanwhile every other class has had their heals buffed.

We have two class attacks. Two. Curse and frags. Wrath is an execute. Rune cage is a CC. Frags needs the full 20% back on a proc because we can’t empower it. Meteor is going to suck without the self empower.

* Rune cage is nice, but I use the defensive rune morph. It lasts for two minutes, and it’s an instant “F*** you” to bow gankers. It’s necessary given the number of these idiots out there, it FEELS like about half of the PVP population sometimes.

Last night Defensive rune caught a gank spec stam nightblade who jumped me, so I turned a soul assaulted him to death. I got angry tells for ten straight minutes. It was pure joy.

* I’ll probably be slotting ‘Acceleration’ instead of boundless storm for the 12 second burst window with minor force. I don’t think anyone here yet realizes how good that is.

* Bound Aegis change is nice, but it won’t take the place of mage light on my bar. There are just too many damn nightblades out there. You really need it for the reveal, mage light plus streak, light up in the direction where you last saw the nightblade and usually you can catch them.

I’m currently built to ‘L2P’ survive in elder stamblades online, given the cool buffs they just received I don’t see my setup changing. I don’t see the stamblade meta changing.

What I DONT want to do, but might need to just to keep up with the crappy meta Eric just built: slot rune cage, curse, and degeneration on the overload bar. Curse, degeneration cancel rune cage cancel overload light attack. Boom: 3K Rune Cage, 6K Curse, 18K overload. Maybe a quick wrath if they’re still alive by some miracle. It’s crap and everyone out there is going to do it to you too.
    Edited by Minalan on April 4, 2018 8:13PM
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I’m not happy with the changes at all. We asked for damage, and didn’t get it. Meanwhile every other class has had their heals buffed.

We have two class attacks. Two. Curse and frags. Wrath is an execute. Rune cage is a CC. Frags needs the full 20% back on a proc because we can’t empower it. Meteor is going to suck without the self empower.

* Rune cage is nice, but I use the defensive rune morph. It lasts for two minutes, and it’s an instant “F*** you” to bow gankers. It’s necessary given the number of these idiots out there, it FEELS like about half of the PVP population sometimes.

Last night Defensive rune caught a gank spec stam nightblade who jumped me, so I turned a soul assaulted him to death. I got angry tells for ten straight minutes. It was pure joy.

* I’ll probably be slotting ‘Acceleration’ instead of boundless storm for the 12 second burst window with minor force. I don’t think anyone here yet realizes how good that is.

* Bound Aegis change is nice, but it won’t take the place of mage light on my bar. There are just too many damn nightblades out there. You really need it for the reveal, mage light plus streak, light up in the direction where you last saw the nightblade and usually you can catch them.

I’m currently built to ‘L2P’ survive in elder stamblades online, given the cool buffs they just received I don’t see my setup changing. I don’t see the stamblade meta changing.

What I DONT want to do, but might need to just to keep up with the crappy meta Eric just built: slot rune cage, curse, and degeneration on the overload bar. Curse, degeneration cancel rune cage cancel overload light attack. Boom: 3K Rune Cage, 6K Curse, 18K overload. Maybe a quick wrath if they’re still alive by some miracle. It’s crap and everyone out there is going to do it to you too.

Holy rant, batman.

Every change we've seen so far, is a buff. It's the first update for I don't know how long...since before Morrowing for sure, that Sorcs are getting buffs without getting nerfs too. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I just hope they don't nerf it in PTS

Sorc burst damage is currently very decent. Light attacks scaling from Max Magicka as well, is a huge buff to Sorc pressure. 5-5-2 with staves is amazing, you can slot Slimecraw and buff your damage considerably if you want. Rune Cage getting damage on break is also increasing the burst in the curse-meteor-cage-frag combo.

This is good for Sorcs.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

Every change we've seen so far, is a buff. It's the first update for I don't know how long...since before Morrowing for sure, that Sorcs are getting buffs without getting nerfs too. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I just hope they don't nerf it in PTS

Sorc burst damage is currently very decent. Light attacks scaling from Max Magicka as well, is a huge buff to Sorc pressure. 5-5-2 with staves is amazing, you can slot Slimecraw and buff your damage considerably if you want. Rune Cage getting damage on break is also increasing the burst in the curse-meteor-cage-frag combo.

This is good for Sorcs.

Minalan is right tho. We should have had the frags damage restored if not increased. DK's whip hits about the same as frags and can be spammed. For a skill that should really hurt if it lands 5-6k damage isn't very much especially now that healing is going to be more effective. I do like some of the changes but we really need a decent damage boost.
    Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I'm unhappy about the death of DW, really am. But the indirect impact and loss of empowered frags.

Other changes I'm open to. My OL Build is just getting buffed

If DW last passive got a buff, and frags had 20% damage back id be overjoyed.

I always thought it would be cool if Crystal Shards was affected by the weapon equipped. So melee weapons get a stun while ranged weapons get extra damage.
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Honestly stam sorcs (from a PvP dps/solo/small scale perspective) are in a weird place. Their kit is actually pretty balanced, it's only when you compare them to other classes that they feel weak. They're decent in everything but competitive in nothing except mobility.

Bound Armaments increasing light attack damage is huge in conjunction with max stat scaling, especially since it's no longer a toggle. I (unfortunately) see offensive 1h&Shield becoming THE stam sorc meta. Strong weaving pressure coupled with huge survivability and resource sustain all while being on the offensive as you are kind of double dipping when you animation cancel since you increase DPS AND sustain by doing so. Running something like Hulking+Bloodspawn+vDSA 1h&Shield and a 5pc proc set back bar can net you a stam sorc with strong pressure, decent burst, HUGE survivability and unlimited sustain, especially if you run vMA 1h&Shield (although you're survivability will drop).

As for Magsorcs, I don't really see the meta changing much. Changes are more of a vertical shift, so same stuff just performing better
    • Master Staff users now get a monster set
    • Rune Cage places Sorc burst back to pre Frag nerfs. Might see a movement towards Meteor from DBoS
    • Can potentially build for slightly more burst due to Mines and Persistence changes (build specific)
    • DW is dead xD
    • Backbarring Bound Aegis could be a strong defensive option over Mines/Dark Deal
    • Acceleration could be very competitive and maybe force Curse to be Back-barred
    • Sorcs overtaking Stamblades as #1 gankers

*Edit-Forgot to mention 1 Bloodthirsty trait on Jewellery will probably become meta for any PvP build, but this alone would probably get magsorc back into pre Frag nerf burst pressure.
    Edited by IAVITNI on April 4, 2018 9:12PM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

The best parts of the update aren’t specifically for Sorcs, they’re for every Magicka class, which was sorely needed. Between minor force and the two piece staff we finally have some parity with stamina.

I don’t think Sorc is going to be using meteor with rune cage. Unless they nerf overload light attack it’s going to be a one shot skill. I love buffs, Especially accidental ones, O/L hits for 10-12K right now with my current setup, let’s imagine:

Minor force: 12% crit damage bonus
    Major/minor prophesy
    Major sorcery
    Empower: 40% light attack bonus
    Queens Elegance: 20% light attack bonus (not needed, but if we’re going overboard here, in for a dime..)
    High Elf lightning damage bonus, cause I’m leveling one.
    Slimecraw (we really need a Magicka set with minor berserk - badly) 8% damage bonus

I mean, I’ll *take* it if they really want to hand me this. I’m just saying, “Hey ZOS! Are you SURE this is totally cool?” Because day one the forums are going to light up with this.

Options
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

The best parts of the update aren’t specifically for Sorcs, they’re for every Magicka class, which was sorely needed. Between minor force and the two piece staff we finally have some parity with stamina.

I don’t think Sorc is going to be using meteor with rune cage. Unless they nerf overload light attack it’s going to be a one shot skill. I love buffs, Especially accidental ones, O/L hits for 10-12K right now with my current setup, let’s imagine:

Minor force: 12% crit damage bonus
    Major/minor prophesy
    Major sorcery
    Empower: 40% light attack bonus
    Queens Elegance: 20% light attack bonus (not needed, but if we’re going overboard here, in for a dime..)
    High Elf lightning damage bonus, cause I’m leveling one.
    Slimecraw (we really need a Magicka set with minor berserk - badly) 8% damage bonus

I mean, I’ll *take* it if they really want to hand me this. I’m just saying, “Hey ZOS! Are you SURE this is totally cool?” Because day one the forums are going to light up with this.

can add kena to that as well
    Options