Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remember all those books you gathered to get empower from Mage's guild ?

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    A nerf to gank builds, unless maybe Overload.

It's a nerf to my Templar DD build not just bank build . DoT -Skoria Proc- Entropy - Ice Comet = RIP but no more now . Same with what Holo stated . It's a all around nerf to damage .
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP :lol:

On every character ... Errmagerd .

Empower nerf to only effect light attack .

And that's nobody's fault but our own.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but the real question is: do Overload "light attacks" get empowered by 40% now?

That would certainly boost Sorc if so . Need TC to load up to see .

Weaving Entropy with Overload light attacks could be powerful if it works.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Well that fixes the meteor empower buff being wasted on a follow up skill instead of on meteor. Lol

Last time I tested it back in January, Meteor was empowering itself + the first attack before it hit + the first attack after it hit... aka refreshing the buff and still retaining the bonus itself. The patch before that, it empowered the first skill before it landed but then used the buff up itself. In both cases, it was turning out better than you'd expect.
    I vaguely remember the buff being used up by the first hit before the meteor in 1.6 when I started using it, but don't quote me on that.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    The change effectively kills DW for mag sorc, since it was all about using Entropy to fish for Frag procs. The empowered Frags was the only thing it had going for it over the boring destro pigeonhole.

@HoloYoitsu True and good to see you post . Have not seen many posts from you lately . Hope all is well .
    Well I still play on the regular, but there hasn't really been much to post about. Pvp's been stale and there isn't really any point in 'debating' w/ much of the incessant nerf sorc ppl in PvP Combat - which is about the only mag sorc type of discussion that comes up on the forums.

Options
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i collected the books because they were there....no other reason.

Yeah, this. I see them on my map (addon), and I collect it. All of my stam characters have MG almost maxed.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »

Yeah, this. I see them on my map (addon), and I collect it. All of my stam characters have MG almost maxed.

And on console it’s a 8-14 hour grind with a phone or computer next to you. Not fun at all. Especially after 6-10 characters
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change effectively kills DW for mag sorc, since it was all about using Entropy to fish for Frag procs. The empowered Frags was the only thing it had going for it over the boring destro pigeonhole.

That and the fact we don't need DW for 5:5:2 any more its a double whammy. People on here don't get the Mag DW thing, too much harry potter too little Gandalf.

The nerfs just keep coming for MagDW :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Well that fixes the meteor empower buff being wasted on a follow up skill instead of on meteor. Lol

Last time I tested it back in January, Meteor was empowering itself + the first attack before it hit + the first attack after it hit... aka refreshing the buff and still retaining the bonus itself. The patch before that, it empowered the first skill before it landed but then used the buff up itself. In both cases, it was turning out better than you'd expect.
    I vaguely remember the buff being used up by the first hit before the meteor in 1.6 when I started using it, but don't quote me on that.

Right on! Last I saw in that thread it was meteor empower only the first hit. So good to see an update; but sucks now that it's going away lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    This is a dps gain to my dark flare using magplar (PvE).

And a dps loss to my dark flare using magplar (PVP)
    Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP :lol:

On every character ... Errmagerd .

Empower nerf to only effect light attack .

"AFFECT"

I don't use it on ANY of my characters.
    Options
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    bah. whiners. or wieners. either/or.
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, the final nail in the coffin of all bow builds.
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There seems to be an unhealthy obsession with light attacks going on here, like every other change or new ability buffs light attacks in some way.
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be an unhealthy obsession with light attacks going on here, like every other change or new ability buffs light attacks in some way.
    What else do you expect bow builds to do in PvP? :trollface:
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What else do you expect bow builds to do in PvP vet dungeons? :trollface:

Fify
    Edited by Reverb on April 3, 2018 10:52PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    klowdy1 wrote: »

And on console it’s a 8-14 hour grind with a phone or computer next to you. Not fun at all. Especially after 6-10 characters

The point was, I did it because they were right next to me, not because I wanted it. If I did t have the addon, it wouldn't be a problem, because I don't need it.
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relentless Focus>Radiant Magelight>Lethal Arrow>Piercing Mark>Poison Injection. :/
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relentless Focus>Radiant Magelight>Lethal Arrow>Piercing Mark>Poison Injection. :/

Ganking got an enormous buff. Just have to think about it good. Don’t worry it’ll still be a thing
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's in part because they're trying to raise the DPS ceiling. Specifically for bad players who light attack their way through dungeons.

The problem is good players use a light attack every 0.9-1.0 seconds as well, so the dps increase could be crazy.
    Options