The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcerer Summerset Changes Discussion

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    Minalan wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I’m not happy with the changes at all. We asked for damage, and didn’t get it. Meanwhile every other class has had their heals buffed.

We have two class attacks. Two. Curse and frags. Wrath is an execute. Rune cage is a CC. Frags needs the full 20% back on a proc because we can’t empower it. Meteor is going to suck without the self empower.

* Rune cage is nice, but I use the defensive rune morph. It lasts for two minutes, and it’s an instant “F*** you” to bow gankers. It’s necessary given the number of these idiots out there, it FEELS like about half of the PVP population sometimes.

Last night Defensive rune caught a gank spec stam nightblade who jumped me, so I turned a soul assaulted him to death. I got angry tells for ten straight minutes. It was pure joy.

* I’ll probably be slotting ‘Acceleration’ instead of boundless storm for the 12 second burst window with minor force. I don’t think anyone here yet realizes how good that is.

* Bound Aegis change is nice, but it won’t take the place of mage light on my bar. There are just too many damn nightblades out there. You really need it for the reveal, mage light plus streak, light up in the direction where you last saw the nightblade and usually you can catch them.

I’m currently built to ‘L2P’ survive in elder stamblades online, given the cool buffs they just received I don’t see my setup changing. I don’t see the stamblade meta changing.

What I DONT want to do, but might need to just to keep up with the crappy meta Eric just built: slot rune cage, curse, and degeneration on the overload bar. Curse, degeneration cancel rune cage cancel overload light attack. Boom: 3K Rune Cage, 6K Curse, 18K overload. Maybe a quick wrath if they’re still alive by some miracle. It’s crap and everyone out there is going to do it to you too.

Holy rant, batman.

Every change we've seen so far, is a buff. It's the first update for I don't know how long...since before Morrowing for sure, that Sorcs are getting buffs without getting nerfs too. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I just hope they don't nerf it in PTS

Sorc burst damage is currently very decent. Light attacks scaling from Max Magicka as well, is a huge buff to Sorc pressure. 5-5-2 with staves is amazing, you can slot Slimecraw and buff your damage considerably if you want. Rune Cage getting damage on break is also increasing the burst in the curse-meteor-cage-frag combo.

This is good for Sorcs.

The best parts of the update aren’t specifically for Sorcs, they’re for every Magicka class, which was sorely needed. Between minor force and the two piece staff we finally have some parity with stamina.

I don’t think Sorc is going to be using meteor with rune cage. Unless they nerf overload light attack it’s going to be a one shot skill. I love buffs, Especially accidental ones, O/L hits for 10-12K right now with my current setup, let’s imagine:

Minor force: 12% crit damage bonus
    Major/minor prophesy
    Major sorcery
    Empower: 40% light attack bonus
    Queens Elegance: 20% light attack bonus (not needed, but if we’re going overboard here, in for a dime..)
    High Elf lightning damage bonus, cause I’m leveling one.
    Slimecraw (we really need a Magicka set with minor berserk - badly) 8% damage bonus

I mean, I’ll *take* it if they really want to hand me this. I’m just saying, “Hey ZOS! Are you SURE this is totally cool?” Because day one the forums are going to light up with this.

can add kena to that as well

I skipped Kena for slime, too much setup work. You don’t really need it or queens for that matter to hit some seriously astronomical overload numbers. I’m probably sticking to shackle/lich and a monster set.

It’s been so long since I’ve worn a monster set, what’s good out there? Serious question, what works best for a Sorc. I haven’t worn one since Infernal guardian pulled NB out of cloak (And that. Was just funny)
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Possibly add Imbue Weapons as well.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not happy with the changes at all. We asked for damage, and didn’t get it. Meanwhile every other class has had their heals buffed.

We have two class attacks. Two. Curse and frags. Wrath is an execute. Rune cage is a CC. Frags needs the full 20% back on a proc because we can’t empower it. Meteor is going to suck without the self empower.

* Rune cage is nice, but I use the defensive rune morph. It lasts for two minutes, and it’s an instant “F*** you” to bow gankers. It’s necessary given the number of these idiots out there, it FEELS like about half of the PVP population sometimes.

Last night Defensive rune caught a gank spec stam nightblade who jumped me, so I turned a soul assaulted him to death. I got angry tells for ten straight minutes. It was pure joy.

* I’ll probably be slotting ‘Acceleration’ instead of boundless storm for the 12 second burst window with minor force. I don’t think anyone here yet realizes how good that is.

* Bound Aegis change is nice, but it won’t take the place of mage light on my bar. There are just too many damn nightblades out there. You really need it for the reveal, mage light plus streak, light up in the direction where you last saw the nightblade and usually you can catch them.

I’m currently built to ‘L2P’ survive in elder stamblades online, given the cool buffs they just received I don’t see my setup changing. I don’t see the stamblade meta changing.

What I DONT want to do, but might need to just to keep up with the crappy meta Eric just built: slot rune cage, curse, and degeneration on the overload bar. Curse, degeneration cancel rune cage cancel overload light attack. Boom: 3K Rune Cage, 6K Curse, 18K overload. Maybe a quick wrath if they’re still alive by some miracle. It’s crap and everyone out there is going to do it to you too.

Holy rant, batman.

Every change we've seen so far, is a buff. It's the first update for I don't know how long...since before Morrowing for sure, that Sorcs are getting buffs without getting nerfs too. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I just hope they don't nerf it in PTS

Sorc burst damage is currently very decent. Light attacks scaling from Max Magicka as well, is a huge buff to Sorc pressure. 5-5-2 with staves is amazing, you can slot Slimecraw and buff your damage considerably if you want. Rune Cage getting damage on break is also increasing the burst in the curse-meteor-cage-frag combo.

This is good for Sorcs.

Calling these things buffs to Sorcs, just shows how desperate you/we are by now. We must even consider global changes personalised changes for Sorcs ^^
    Edited by Dracane on April 4, 2018 9:39PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing how the new bound armaments/aegis changes work out along with persistence. Sorc tanking might be better off.

I am hopeful because of the 4 Sorcerers that I run, one of them is a Tank. The last few patches have not been kind to him at all, and he was never what I would have considered one of my tankier characters. All of that aside I am not convinced that getting a 20% improvement of block is worth the magicka cost. It seems to me that unless the cost of firing this skill off is extremely cheap (3 second buff?) it will be worthless. The time it takes to activate as well as the cost to fire just seems a bad idea. I feel like you might be better off hitting hardened ward than this skill. It really depends what this will cost.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

Calling these things buffs to Sorcs, just shows how desperate you/we are by now. We must even consider global changes personalised changes for Sorcs ^^

I think @Maulkin is just traumatized like the rest of us after being nerfed patch after patch. So we all have a little Stockholm Syndrome after finally being offered a few targeted buffs that apply to every Magicka class. :lol:

It’s all right mate, we’re all Sorcs here!
    Edited by Minalan on April 4, 2018 9:48PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

I think @Maulkin is just traumatized like the rest of us after being nerfed patch after patch. So we all have a little Stockholm Syndrome after finally being offered a few targeted buffs that apply to every Magicka class gets. :lol:

It’s all right mate, we’re all Sorcs here!

I know. This is what I was trying to imply :)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minalan

My thoughts exactly with this empower light attacks... Throw in stygian for more *** and giggles from stealth.

Is Zos trying to tell us something with all these pushes toward overload. Hell get rid of the global cooldown into overload and I'll make it part of my regular PvP rotation since Zos insists on us using it.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

Minalan is right tho. We should have had the frags damage restored if not increased. DK's whip hits about the same as frags and can be spammed. For a skill that should really hurt if it lands 5-6k damage isn't very much especially now that healing is going to be more effective. I do like some of the changes but we really need a decent damage boost.

Let us be fair. DK whip also has to be done up close and personal which puts the DK-mage at greater personal risk (and in the line of fire of those shiny mines/barrages). I don't think it is fair to compare frags to whip.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

Minalan is right tho. We should have had the frags damage restored if not increased. DK's whip hits about the same as frags and can be spammed. For a skill that should really hurt if it lands 5-6k damage isn't very much especially now that healing is going to be more effective. I do like some of the changes but we really need a decent damage boost.

Let us be fair. DK whip also has to be done up close and personal which puts the DK-mage at greater personal risk (and in the line of fire of those shiny mines/barrages). I don't think it is fair to compare frags to whip.

It's never fair to compare a skill (especially class skills) to another skill without considering the rest of the kit. The only thing you can really compare skill-to-skill is effectiveness.

So in this case,

Whip is effective as it allows a DK to stay in melee range due to the hight constant pressure and the passive heals. Effective.

Frags WOULD be effective if it allowed Sorcs to safely burst from a distance. Instead Frags allows Sorcs to deal damage with a distance. Its more like an "urrrr" than a burst. Not really effective.

Hence Frags, or more accurately, Mag sorcs need a decent damage boost. I think the changes outlined so far will allow sorcs to spec slightly less into sustain and slightly more into damage. Couple this with increased Rune Cage burst/increased LA damage and sorc burst may actually be where it needs to be. The only real downfall is that DW magicka sorc is dead. Completely. You're actually better off running a 2h Sword so you can get some Stam back on kill and lose maybe 100 spell damage.
    Edited by IAVITNI on April 4, 2018 10:29PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

It’s a fair comparison given the mobility buffs and snare release you’re about to get.

We have a skill, that hits like whip. It’s dodgeable, reflectable, blockable, slow, and it does NOT proc 66% of the time. You can only hit with it reliably at a close range because far off? It’s going to be countered.

All we’re asking for is a 10% damage increase, so it’ll hit for about 7K instead of 6K. But that’s TOO MUCH! OMG OP Sorcs! Break out the torches and pitchforks, storm the forums! ZOS needs to stop this now!
    Edited by Minalan on April 4, 2018 10:30PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

I'll call the Rune Cage change a buff to NB then if you prefer :)
    EU | PC | AD
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

Honestly, what is that going to hit for damage wise in PVP? Less than a light attack?

I’ll take the ‘buff’ but I won’t get too excited about that one.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

Rune cage deals close to no damage. It's one of those buffs, that are so unrelevant and small, that they can as well be ignored. Please, the damage is pitiful and not needed.
    Edited by Dracane on April 4, 2018 10:44PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

Rune cage deals close to no damage. It's one of those buffs, that are so unrelevant and small, that they can as well be ignored. Please, the damage is pitiful and not needed.

It's base damage is around 89% that of Crushing Shock. For a ranged, unavoidable 5 sec stun that's pretty good I think.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

It's a double buff. 2" extra duration and a bit of dmg. Don't know how much, haven't seen the tooltip. Allegedly same as Petrify and that's a 4.3k tooltip on my DK. I'll call that a buff.

Same with our new shiny Persistence passive and the 1k cost reduction on Mines.

I don't have Stockholm Syndrome, y'all just forgot how to be positive.

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

The best parts of the update aren’t specifically for Sorcs, they’re for every Magicka class, which was sorely needed. Between minor force and the two piece staff we finally have some parity with stamina.

I don’t think Sorc is going to be using meteor with rune cage. Unless they nerf overload light attack it’s going to be a one shot skill. I love buffs, Especially accidental ones, O/L hits for 10-12K right now with my current setup, let’s imagine:

Major/minor prophesy
    Major sorcery
    Queens Elegance: 20% light attack bonus (not needed, but if we’re going overboard here, in for a dime..)
    Slimecraw (we really need a Magicka set with minor berserk - badly) 8% damage bonus

I mean, I’ll *take* it if they really want to hand me this. I’m just saying, “Hey ZOS! Are you SURE this is totally cool?” Because day one the forums are going to light up with this.

I skipped Kena for slime, too much setup work. You don’t really need it or queens for that matter to hit some seriously astronomical overload numbers. I’m probably sticking to shackle/lich and a monster set.

It’s been so long since I’ve worn a monster set, what’s good out there? Serious question, what works best for a Sorc. I haven’t worn one since Infernal guardian pulled NB out of cloak (And that. Was just funny)

Slime is good. Infernal Guardian can be good in AoE fights, does a lot of damage against stacked players. Engine Guardian very decent when soloing. Shadowrend will probably be the early meta for proc'ing Necro, which combined with Shackle will make new max mag builds available. Skoria is still good if you're using Reach and double DoT poisons. So many good options opening up.

Edited by Maulkin on April 4, 2018 11:21PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Sorcerers I am dissapoint.
    ToRelax wrote: »
    It's base damage is around 89% that of Crushing Shock. For a ranged, unavoidable 5 sec stun that's pretty good I think.

Guys really. Please just stop. We got a front bar bound armor. THAT'S IT. We need much more!!!!

Stamina & Magicka got the 2 hander bonus. EVERYONE is relatively stronger. This is NOT a sorc buff and we have TERRIBLE sets compared to stamina and magicka who can focus on pure magic damage, so it doesn't even help US as much as THEM.

Stahhhhhhp!

• bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

I agree its not the best comparison. The point being, it hits harder than our best damage spell and can be spammed and easier to land than a frag. frags imo should hit for twice as much as wip
    Edited by bardx86 on April 4, 2018 11:32PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally on @Xeven 's side on this matter. None of these class changes make Sorcerer stronger, while all over classes got buffed. We haven't seen the PTS yet, so I'm trying to contain my persimism as well as my optimism for now.
    But the foreshadowing is greatly negative and dissapointing as far as I am concerned. After years of nerf after nerf, I was hoping for meaningfull and interesting buffs, like the other classes got them. Not these desperate niche changes that don't even affect most Sorcerers.
    Edited by Dracane on April 5, 2018 12:34AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

It's a double buff. 2" extra duration and a bit of dmg. Don't know how much, haven't seen the tooltip. Allegedly same as Petrify and that's a 4.3k tooltip on my DK. I'll call that a buff.

Same with our new shiny Persistence passive and the 1k cost reduction on Mines.

I don't have Stockholm Syndrome, y'all just forgot how to be positive.

Holy rant, batman.

This is good for Sorcs.

Major/minor prophesy
    Major sorcery

Slime is good. Infernal Guardian can be good in AoE fights, does a lot of damage against stacked players. Engine Guardian very decent when soloing. Shadowrend will probably be the early meta for proc'ing Necro, which combined with Shackle will make new max mag builds available. Skoria is still good if you're using Reach and double DoT poisons. So many good options opening up.

I’m going to have to try a shackle/shadowrend/necro build now. Between rotating shadowrend procs and the storm Atro ultimate it should keep a decent uptime on the fifth piece bonus.

As for rune cage, the buffs just won’t mean much. Everyone breaks it in one GCD (or the meteor does, lol), and one light attack worth of damage isn’t really that impressive. I still think defensive rune is the superior morph, only because it screws up every two bit gank-tard out there who doesnt open with an immovable pot. Every. Single. Time.

The only Sorc buff that excites me is... lower cost on mines. But then, you’re only using THAT right after a potion anyways because of the CP passive that makes it free.

I’m with @Xeven. The Magicka buffs are nice, but everyone is going to have them. Templars will rock acceleration and dragon knights will time stop us. Everyone is getting the same bag of goodies, and our class buffs aren’t nearly as nice as instant heals to full, or a few seconds more of major mending, or a SNARE BREAK?! Holy crap what I would do if boundless storm broke snares...

You’re my fellow Sorc, let’s just keep all of this in perspective. We didn’t get nerfed again this cycle because we are NOT one of the top tier classes.

Edited by Minalan on April 5, 2018 1:04AM
  • NiteAdder
    NiteAdder
    ✭✭✭
    Question on Bound Armor in next update . I play a stamsorc so am I going to loose the max stam 8% ?? How is the change to Bound Armor going to effect a stamsorcs ??????
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcerer class skills are greatly favored for the magicka version in terms of pvp and pve.

what skills do stam sorcs use from their class tree? hurricane and bound armaments. i guess crit surge if doing solo content or pvp

stam sorcs cant use pets, none of the lightning attacks, and all the debuffs and ccs are magicka based.

stam sorc is fun but the class skills need more stam options and or morphs,
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NiteAdder wrote: »
    Question on Bound Armor in next update . I play a stamsorc so am I going to loose the max stam 8% ?? How is the change to Bound Armor going to effect a stamsorcs ??????

The new Bound Armaments will work just like Mage Light. You get 8% stam for having it slotted. The stam morph now buffs light attack dmg by something like 11%. If you active the skill you block 20% more dmg for 3s.

You dont have to slot if on both bars which is nice. The change to stronger light attacks is probably a buff in terms of PVE dps.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What in the actual *** are all the stam sorcs complaining about Armaments for? Seriously. Light and heavy attacks were significantly buffed. Your armaments now buff light attacks which will net MORE damage than the old Armaments. Your heavy attacks were buffed along with everyone else. You can now slot it on one bar instead of two giving you an extra skill slot. Blocking now reduces the cost of everything by 15%. This helps you FAR more than your magicka counterparts. You have jewelry crafting and 2h counts for two set pieces. Do you even know what this means? Wait for it...

Legion and Fury now have gold jewelry in every trait, not just Healthy. You can go 5 legion 5 fury, sustain with dark deal/heavy attacks and be basically unkillable while putting out stupid amounts of damage. Cheese it up. The cancer is real and it's waiting for you.

Bound Armor was the only actual buff that we got and you jokers are complaining about it. Stahhhhhp!

Edited by Xeven on April 5, 2018 3:34AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    What in the actual *** are all the stam sorcs complaining about Armaments for? Seriously. Light and heavy attacks were significantly buffed. Your armaments now buff light attacks which will net MORE damage than the old Armaments. Your heavy attacks were buffed along with everyone else. You can now slot it on one bar instead of two giving you an extra skill slot. Blocking now reduces the cost of everything by 15%. This helps you FAR more than your magicka counterparts. You have jewelry crafting and 2h counts for two set pieces. Do you even know what this means? Wait for it...

Legion and Fury now have gold jewelry in every trait, not just Healthy. You can go 5 legion 5 fury, sustain with dark deal/heavy attacks and be basically unkillable while putting out stupid amounts of damage. Cheese it up. The cancer is real and it's waiting for you.

Bound Armor was the only actual buff that we got and you jokers are complaining about it. Stahhhhhp!

If you want to represent Sorcs, you have to listen to both sides/specs and understand my friend.

They lost the BA heavy attack bonus, which is what they used to do more damage while sustaining. They don’t light attack as much as heavy animation cancelling into a gap closer or 2H skill.

They didn’t mind double barring it, because the back bar bow benefitted from the HA bonus as well. So the new toggle is neither here nor there for many.

Now our stamina brethren see the changes, and some of them are upset at the HA DPS loss. That’s an issue our representative should write down and bring up to the devs. Whether you like it or not is immaterial if you want to represent ‘Sorcerers’.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a Stam Sorc there isn't really much here so far that makes me excited.

The Bound Armour changes are interesting. I'd still like to see both versions of the skill give a max resource boost based on the higher max resource pool, so that you have an offensive and defensive option as a mag or stam sorc.
    Also still not sure about whether the light attack damage boost is the active on Armaments or if it is a passive and there is something else we haven't seen yet.

I'd still like to see snare removal on Bolt Escape, and some implosion changes.

The changes to Persistence are pretty cool too, more sustain in PVP is going to be nice, though we might end up with purge spamming sorc tanks being giant lumps of fat
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 10 rep slots and 10 class specs. I have no business representing stamina sorcerers nor do they have any representing magicka. Their heavy was buffed, they haven't lost anything and they can still double bar it. Armaments is better than it was. Even a mag sorc can see that. Overall both specs are disappointed for OTHER reasons, and rightfully so.

Besides, I'm likely not going to be a rep, I never actually believed I would. I'm not very politically correct with ZOS. The thread was more about bringing up our problems, and possible solutions.

Edited by Xeven on April 5, 2018 4:54AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree stam sorc are in a weird place. Nothing real good but okayish. Lack of snare removal / heal amplifier is i think a main issue

My only concern is that i dont see anything in this update for stamsorc and almost nobody care for them. I hope representatives can include a sorc that mains or truely understand stamsorc both pve and pvp

Im excited for my tank sorcand my magsorc as the changes seem nice though. I believe mines may come back in a petless pve rotation with reduced cost
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The atronach hp increase is irrelevant since (atleast in cyro) pets seem to constantly reset their hp back to full before they die anyway.
    Edited by olsborg on April 5, 2018 5:18AM

PC EU
    PvP only
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    - Undo can be placed on Overload and work fine, as one needs to plan ahead to use it anyway. I guess the morph allowing you to use it while stunned is then out of the question, though, if the other one will be any good.
    You actually can't do that anymore, if you go into overload bar and slot a 3rd ult, the game just instantly takes you out of overload form and you now have the new ult slotted instead of overload.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    The atronach hp increase is irrelevant since (atleast in cyro) pets seem to constantly reset their hp back to full before they die anyway.

It was only for the AOE Atro that NOBODY uses. Useless. I really wish ZOS hadn't left the "patch notes" to playtesters who vaguely remember anything. Everything is left open to interpretation. "Sorc got buffed!"

No, relatively, they didn't.

Edited by Xeven on April 5, 2018 5:54AM