The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

"Note that the Summerset Chapter is required to use the new (Jewelry) Crafting Stations."

• Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with it. No problemo to pay 30 bucks for an expansion.

However, if the raw materials are only harvestable in summerset, THAT I will have a problem with. It's an exercise in frustration to compete with hordes of other harvesters for nodes.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26347?Summerset-and-Update-18-Preview

Not stating my opinion, just letting people know. What do you think?

Seems exactly the same as....
    -Warden
    -Imperial City crafting stations
    -Orsinium (VSMA)
    -Morrowind crafting stations
    -CLockwork City crafting stations
    --etc

It doesn't say to wear crafted items, it says to "craft/create"

Except that all the crafting stations can be attuned and people who don't own the Chapter/DLC/ESO+ can craft from them.

So the only thing in your list that's not accessible to players who bought ESO before Morrowind and don't have ESO+ is the Warden and Maelstrom weapons.

I love the amount of people who don't think ZOS should be allowed to make money off of their own game.

So you are saying that if Jewelry Crafting is a base game mechanic nobody will buy Summerset?

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to be part of the base game while still being excited about the expansion and more than willing to pay money for the content it will bring.

@AlnilamE
    No, you’re missing it.
    To get access the dlc is required, you’re trying to describe where someone who has access has unlocked access outside of the dlc which will apply here as well.

However no different than before, you can’t access a skill line or feature you have ot unlocked or paid for...period

Meaning in my examples above, features made those possible like houses and attuned crafting stations, some which were post the dlc released.

I am quite certain that people that do NOT own IC or Orsinium can craft sets at attunable crafting stations outside of those zones.

@AlnilamE
    Only in cases where someone else OWNS the content and paid to unlock other features and placed access outside of the dlc which means no one can access it unless it’s paid for.

Specific to the skill line tho, just like the Warden, just like MSA, just like going to the new crafting stations, you have to pay for it.

You’re saying people can get access without paying......not correct. Someone had to pay for someone else to access it. Now the skill line reads in a way like the Warden.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 28, 2018 7:59PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

However, if the raw materials are only harvestable in summerset, THAT I will have a problem with. It's an exercise in frustration to compete with hordes of other harvesters for nodes.

If jewelry crafting really is restricted to Summerset, then I don't see how it would NOT be the case.

Which is another reason why I hope this is just a misreading and we can all just go to Summerset to enjoy the region.

The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could wait till next year. Buying the current chapter, gives the previous chapters for free.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    It's fine. Transmutation was the same way. This is not the definition of pay2win.

actually it is, it allows you to create rings and amulets for crafted gear which means you can run 2 crafted sets for the 5 piece bonuses.

you couldnt do that before.

also it allows you to upgrade from a crappy green found ring to legendary.

not sure how you think that is not p2w

It not pay 2 win because upgrading a ring from purple to gold is not a huge stat increase in order to win over anybody. Also it going take time, gold, and effort to level up the skill line, find the traits, research the traits, find the items to make the jewelery, and to consistently gather tempers to upgrade their gear. That is lot work for "pay 2 win". Sounds more like pay 2 to gain access to something and play the game in order to benefit from it like everything else in this game.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26347?Summerset-and-Update-18-Preview

-Warden
    -Orsinium (VSMA)
    --etc

Except that all the crafting stations can be attuned and people who don't own the Chapter/DLC/ESO+ can craft from them.

So the only thing in your list that's not accessible to players who bought ESO before Morrowind and don't have ESO+ is the Warden and Maelstrom weapons.

I love the amount of people who don't think ZOS should be allowed to make money off of their own game.

So you are saying that if Jewelry Crafting is a base game mechanic nobody will buy Summerset?

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to be part of the base game while still being excited about the expansion and more than willing to pay money for the content it will bring.

@AlnilamE
    No, you’re missing it.
    To get access the dlc is required, you’re trying to describe where someone who has access has unlocked access outside of the dlc which will apply here as well.

However no different than before, you can’t access a skill line or feature you have ot unlocked or paid for...period

Meaning in my examples above, features made those possible like houses and attuned crafting stations, some which were post the dlc released.

I am quite certain that people that do NOT own IC or Orsinium can craft sets at attunable crafting stations outside of those zones.

@AlnilamE
    Only in cases where someone else OWNS the content and paid to unlock other features and placed access outside of the dlc which means no one can access it unless it’s paid for.

Specific to the skill line tho, just like the Warden, just like MSA, just like going to the new crafting stations, you have to pay for it.

You’re saying people can get access without paying......not correct. Someone had to pay for someone else to access it. Now the skill line reads in a way like the Warden.

I see what you are saying now.

But again, Jewelry crafting is not a combat skill line or a new class, so I do hope that it will be part of the base game so everybody gets to enjoy it.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can just buy it from people who have the expansion, same way you had to buy certain things locked behind morrowind.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm withholding judgement until we get more details on PTS, but if it's simply that you can only craft the items if you own Summerset and can sell them to anyone, whatever really. If you can only use them if you own Summerset, that's muddier but if you were dealing with it before you can deal with it now. Barely anybody calls IC pay to win because of access to Spell Power Cure, or Orsinium and CWC pay to win because of Maelstrom/Asylum weapons.

But again, until we get details on PTS, it's pointless to speculate.

I completely agree with this post.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Warden
    -Orsinium (VSMA)
    --etc

@AlnilamE
    No, you’re missing it.

@AlnilamE

I see what you are saying now.

But again, Jewelry crafting is not a combat skill line or a new class, so I do hope that it will be part of the base game so everybody gets to enjoy it.

@AlnilamE
    I’m pretty sure it’s a new crating skill line. We don’t know if a station placed in a home unlocks it but I’d assume so.

It’s written in a way that suggests we will see new crafting stations....prob like how dye stations changed to outfit stations, hopefully the anvil or the enchanting station will change
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 28, 2018 8:13PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

Greed on which side though?
    The side that creates the content?
    Or the side that consumes the content?

Desiring a release model that only requires a one time payment with unlimited access to any and all future endeavors doesn't sound greedy?

The price point seems fair, and the only issue I can see against the content creators is that they don't offer any sort of discount for subscribed users.

"Unlimited access to any and all future endeavors." Hardly. Its more like "access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content."
    @ak_pvp

To take your tune:

"access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content." It's more like "expecting these desired features to be developed and paid for on the developer's dime for an entertainment service consumed by you"

*Facepalm*
    You do realise that people still bought the base game right? You do realise that we have a thing called crown store where people buy stuff with real money right? Are you seriously implying that normal single player games are paid from developer's pocket just for our entertainment?

But these normal single player games also charge for each expansion or dlc. If I remember correctly, I had to pay for each of the Skyrim DLCs when they came out... Or the Fallout 4 DLCs. But they bought the base game, so they should just be given this additional content for free? That isn't how it works and that has never been how it has worked with mainstream titles. Addons, DLC, and Expansions have always added more to a game with additional costs. It's been like this for at least 2 decades.

Do you actually believe that skyrim only made money from DLCs? Yes im very sure that skyrim base game was free mate. Bethesda paid for it out of their own pockets. Thats why the game is 7 years old and Bethesda is still milking money out of it by rereleasing it again and again and again.

And its not like ESO has a base game cost or also charging for a DLC every 3 months or has an optional subscription for people to pay every freaking month or even have a freaking cash shop.

We live in 2018. Please dont be so naive to think that gaming companies pay out of their own pockets for our own amusement. Especially companies of this caliber.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    P2W.

I'm very disappointed.
    I hope they change their minds about this.

It's probably pay to win, but expansions....sorry chapters need some appeal or how else would ESO sell them.

Just buy it. Support the game, then you'll be equal to those that also have it.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on March 28, 2018 8:22PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see this happening for two reasons. I'll explain further below.
    If jewelry crafting really is restricted to Summerset, then I don't see how it would NOT be the case.

Which is another reason why I hope this is just a misreading and we can all just go to Summerset to enjoy the region.

Reason 1: Just because one person cannot make use of an item, doesn't mean it's worthless. The stations are all over Tamriel, not just Summerset. Therefore I think the necessary raw materials will be found throughout the entire game. If I didn't buy Clockwork City, and didn't purchase or have access to a transmute station, does that mean my character shouldn't acquire transmutation stones? I realize that's not a completely apples to apples comparison, but it follows a similar logic.

If you don't purchase Summerset, there might still be a lucrative market selling these raw mats to people who can actually use them. In fact, the profitable dealers know you "don't get high on your own supply." The folks that can't jewelcraft will probably make a killing the first few months if they can access the raw mats.

Reason 2: I hypothesize that jewelry mats will only come from deconstruction of other jewelry. Yes, I realize this may mean deconstructing of a minimum of 8 gold rings to get the 8 required tempers to improve a purple ring to gold (assuming 100% temper return on deconstruction).

This may sound incredibly expensive and intensive, but if we hope to maintain any scarcity to gold jewelry, this is the best way to do it. I discussed this very thing in another post, but it also provides some type of vindication and financial utility to those who are skilled enough to acquire golden jewelry under the current format. This also assumes that rings will start dropping in all 9 jewelry traits with the current RNG rates that we all know and love, so I foresee a lot of sub-par jewelry whose best purpose will be served by going into the deconstruction chamber.

Bottom line - I don't think we'll see jewelry mats available in traditional node format. Possible reward from doing daily jewelry crafting writs (if these get implemented)... maybe. Hirelings? Not sure these will be part of the skill line either. Personally I could do without the skill point sink of the Keen Eye and Hireling passives in jewelry crafting, I'm strapped for points as it is on my crafter, lol.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    $30 and no subscription fee required... Not sure what the problem is. It’s not like you all have to spend $15 a month just to get passed the log in screen only to spend another $45 to get 10 more levels of gear grind or be stuck at the last expansion’s max level.

Calm down people, you’ll see. It won’t be that bad if you can’t or won’t buy the new expansion. You’ll still have access to the overwhelming majority of the game and people that can craft jewelry will still be using the same crafted sets that have always existed.

Sshh...calm down, it’s ok.
    Edited by srfrogg23 on March 28, 2018 8:37PM
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

Desiring a release model that only requires a one time payment with unlimited access to any and all future endeavors doesn't sound greedy?

The price point seems fair, and the only issue I can see against the content creators is that they don't offer any sort of discount for subscribed users.

"Unlimited access to any and all future endeavors." Hardly. Its more like "access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content."
    @ak_pvp

To take your tune:

"access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content." It's more like "expecting these desired features to be developed and paid for on the developer's dime for an entertainment service consumed by you"

*Facepalm*
    You do realise that people still bought the base game right? You do realise that we have a thing called crown store where people buy stuff with real money right? Are you seriously implying that normal single player games are paid from developer's pocket just for our entertainment?

But these normal single player games also charge for each expansion or dlc. If I remember correctly, I had to pay for each of the Skyrim DLCs when they came out... Or the Fallout 4 DLCs. But they bought the base game, so they should just be given this additional content for free? That isn't how it works and that has never been how it has worked with mainstream titles. Addons, DLC, and Expansions have always added more to a game with additional costs. It's been like this for at least 2 decades.

Do you actually believe that skyrim only made money from DLCs? Yes im very sure that skyrim base game was free mate. Bethesda paid for it out of their own pockets. Thats why the game is 7 years old and Bethesda is still milking money out of it by rereleasing it again and again and again.

And its not like ESO has a base game cost or also charging for a DLC every 3 months or has an optional subscription for people to pay every freaking month or even have a freaking cash shop.

We live in 2018. Please dont be so naive to think that gaming companies pay out of their own pockets for our own amusement. Especially companies of this caliber.

Wait what? I am saying that ESO is no different than previous games (and current games) that charged you a base game cost and then additional cost for DLC. The model hasn't changed in 20 years and people are expecting it to change now because they don't want to pay for something. And paying an ESO+ subscription nets you additional content as well. Not exactly sure what you are arguing for since I cannot parse the sarcasm in your comment from the serious. But the reason ESO requires Subscriptions and "cash shops" and charging for ongoing dlc/expansions is because the employees working on ESO will continue to work on ESO as long as the game is active. Skyrim charged players for the base game and additional DLC. But they are no longer making new content for the game, just repackaging/updating the same content and re-releasing it, so they do not require the same level of on-going revenue to maintain the staff to dedicate to the game. Any money they make off of the game is mostly profit at this point. ESO requires an ongoing financial stream to remain functional and to continue to invest back into the game.

And no, the base Skyrim was never free, unless you got some sort of discount. It was a 60$ title alongside every other new game on its release. Unless that was your sarcasm, you are completely mistaken on this point. And I am not sure where you are reading into my comment that I believe Skyrim only made money from DLCs. No once did I say or infer that.
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

@ak_pvp

To take your tune:

"access to long wanted features that affect the game as a whole, whilst paying for access to new content." It's more like "expecting these desired features to be developed and paid for on the developer's di@me for an entertainment service consumed by you"

Developers dime. Well, the dime from the players of the game, to pay for and improve the game.

You know what else isn't directly payed for, but expected. Combat and itemization balance. Which is what I consider these changes to be.

Jewelry crafting is an update to the base crafting system. Imagine if you had to pay for the latest DLC for your class to be updated. You want the new class balance buffs eh? Pay for summerset.

Yeah, the developers dime, which they get from the player. Hence: they need to sell things to the player.

And no, jewelry crafting is not itemization or combat balance. They introduce entirely new effects (new traits) and systems (a crafting system). They do not alter the values of any preexisting effect. They are additions.

If they added new skill lines to a class, I would have no problem paying.

But as you say, in terms of changing the values of existing features, those should not be necessary to pay for, if they are addressing existing pain points inside the game.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 28, 2018 8:46PM
    Options
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm, sounds like a smart marketing move...
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I have nothing against it. I know, many here feel entitled to get everything for free.
    But I think it's good that they give people a good reason to buy Summerset.

I see it this way: Someone who plays every day and probably (hopefully) is an ESO+ member, won't have a problem buying at least the very cheap Summerset Upgrade. And someone, who for some reason I don't understand, isn't an ESO+ member, doesn't need golden yewelry anyway. And as for crafting yewelry, you can still have a crafter craft it for you and give it to you. The only thing you miss out, is upgrading your yewelry from purple to gold.
    Hoarders and crafters need ESO+ same with people into houses. If you pretty much only PvP you don't need it, on the other hand you would like to craft or upgrade jewelry without having to do vet dungeons and trials, if in an raid group gold jewelry is important on group buff sets too.

On the other hand you can still play end game its just an handicap, still I would prefer to have crafting station for all but resources only in Sumerset, it would make summerset an get rich effect rater than an p2w feeling.

Still an new WOW expansion is coming out later this year, you will need it to even touch the new end game.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

Very sad to see. dislike. wont buy the expansion.

ahmina buy SOMMERSET, but I don't like it. It's not a "chapter" IMHO. I'm not buying it for jewel crafting (altho that's nice), and I think that kind of thing/systems should always be added to the base game (very different from a class, etc.). it could be construed as P2W, and that kind of thing should be avoided.

I have a better idea... Make jewlcrafting a part of the base game update, and add a GOBLIN race with some racial passives that benefit either both STAM and MAG, or "max stat"... take mah money, take it NOW!
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm, sounds like a smart marketing move...

I think it's a dumb marketing move. Smart marketing makes you WANT to spend money. Dumb marketing makes you feel like you HAVE to.

It's not like people are not super hyped for the new expansion and falling over each other pre-ordering the different editions.

Making people feel like they have to buy the expansion to unlock a new crafting skill line will not win them any friends.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    P2W.

I'm very disappointed.

Oh FFS, it's NOT P2W! EVERY game (especially MMO's) offer new features with expansions that REQUIRE the expansion! This is not new but those items can be crafted and sold on guild stores meaning everyone has access to the same items with in-game currency or have a friend make it for you. It offers no advantage except maybe crafters making gold off of it but nothing other than that.

This is NOT P2W! Stop throwing that term at every damn little thing!
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

I don't see this happening for two reasons. I'll explain further below.

Reason 1: Just because one person cannot make use of an item, doesn't mean it's worthless. The stations are all over Tamriel, not just Summerset. Therefore I think the necessary raw materials will be found throughout the entire game. If I didn't buy Clockwork City, and didn't purchase or have access to a transmute station, does that mean my character shouldn't acquire transmutation stones? I realize that's not a completely apples to apples comparison, but it follows a similar logic.

If you don't purchase Summerset, there might still be a lucrative market selling these raw mats to people who can actually use them. In fact, the profitable dealers know you "don't get high on your own supply." The folks that can't jewelcraft will probably make a killing the first few months if they can access the raw mats.

Reason 2: I hypothesize that jewelry mats will only come from deconstruction of other jewelry. Yes, I realize this may mean deconstructing of a minimum of 8 gold rings to get the 8 required tempers to improve a purple ring to gold (assuming 100% temper return on deconstruction).

This may sound incredibly expensive and intensive, but if we hope to maintain any scarcity to gold jewelry, this is the best way to do it. I discussed this very thing in another post, but it also provides some type of vindication and financial utility to those who are skilled enough to acquire golden jewelry under the current format. This also assumes that rings will start dropping in all 9 jewelry traits with the current RNG rates that we all know and love, so I foresee a lot of sub-par jewelry whose best purpose will be served by going into the deconstruction chamber.

Bottom line - I don't think we'll see jewelry mats available in traditional node format. Possible reward from doing daily jewelry crafting writs (if these get implemented)... maybe. Hirelings? Not sure these will be part of the skill line either. Personally I could do without the skill point sink of the Keen Eye and Hireling passives in jewelry crafting, I'm strapped for points as it is on my crafter, lol.
    The important part is deconstruction and upgrading of bound items, its not something you can buy, you can buy an gold julianos ring or just an white one and upgrade yourself, same with nodes only in sommerset, you can buy it
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    P2W.

I'm very disappointed.

It's probably pay to win, but expansions....sorry chapters need some appeal or how else would ESO sell them.

Just buy it. Support the game, then you'll be equal to those that also have it.

howbout the "chapter" content be compelling enough in and of it's self (ie. excluding what should be base game systems) to merit purchase? Too hard for ZOS no?

They coulda thrown in a cheesy new race no one wants to play to check the block with little effort (GOBLIN, new elf type, etc.)
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Can you guys for once wait until the stuff is out before you start these discussions? It happens every update again and again and afterwards no-one complains anymore because it turns out that it (oh wonder)wasn't pay to win at all. Zenimax has been quite fair to the community lately, they have improved especially in customer relation.

It is fine to complain, but please do it on a fundament. Have a look at the design on the pts, go there, test it, then discuss, instead of flooding the forums with more useless stuff before you know better ...

Not directed to anyone in particular, but it was clear that the topic was targeted to cause a discussion about p2w.

Zenimax is a business. Businesses have to achieve a positive return on their equity to build a stable fundament for investors. They make money by selling services to us. They need to tie incentives to their new products, otherwise no-one would buy them...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

@ak_pvp

To take your tune:

*Facepalm*

Wait what? I am saying that ESO is no different than previous games (and current games) that charged you a base game cost and then additional cost for DLC. The model hasn't changed in 20 years and people are expecting it to change now because they don't want to pay for something. And paying an ESO+ subscription nets you additional content as well. Not exactly sure what you are arguing for since I cannot parse the sarcasm in your comment from the serious. But the reason ESO requires Subscriptions and "cash shops" and charging for ongoing dlc/expansions is because the employees working on ESO will continue to work on ESO as long as the game is active. Skyrim charged players for the base game and additional DLC. But they are no longer making new content for the game, just repackaging/updating the same content and re-releasing it, so they do not require the same level of on-going revenue to maintain the staff to dedicate to the game. Any money they make off of the game is mostly profit at this point. ESO requires an ongoing financial stream to remain functional and to continue to invest back into the game.

And no, the base Skyrim was never free, unless you got some sort of discount. It was a 60$ title alongside every other new game on its release. Unless that was your sarcasm, you are completely mistaken on this point. And I am not sure where you are reading into my comment that I believe Skyrim only made money from DLCs. No once did I say or infer that.

If you have trouble understanding my responses then you should have probably actually read how the argument started so you can at least know the topic of the conversation. If you did, you would actually know that it started with someone implying that anything that isnt part of the chapter is being paid out of the company's pocket for our entertainment.

Yes i know that ESO is no different than previous games. Thats why implying that base game content is being freely given to people is absurd to say the least. Since the game isnt free then by definition you paid for something added in base game. Its not free. Its not of the company's pocket. Especially when the game also has an optional subscription and a cash shop which is additional revenue for the company. Thats what i said. Its really not a hard concept to grasp.

Bingo, Skyrim wasnt free. Just like ESO wasnt free. Therefore content being in base game isnt free. That was precisely my point. Glad that you agree.
    Options
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still hire a crafter to craft the jewelry for you if you can't be bothered to buy the expansion.

Not quite sure I understand this outrage at a new feature being locked behind an expansion. What would the point of DLC and expansions be if they offer nothing for a player but new storylines? Why would anyone pay for an expansion at all if the important additions were base game additions.

Just buy the expansion. Or don't buy it and stop complaining. There is so much whining from every DLC/Expansion announcement from groups of players who probably payed 20 bucks for the game and expect to get everything handed to them for free afterwards.

Dude every single thing about the game is monetized already. Does the ****ing crafting need to be even more monetized than it already is (practically impossible if you don't have ESO+ for the crafting bag)

I'm not a "free player" or anything like that and people in this thread need to stop characterizing people who complain as such. I've bought all the content outright for over $200 at this point. Enough is enough.
    Edited by AlexanderDeLarge on March 28, 2018 9:21PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
    Options
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's too early and too bold to call this P2W at the moment. But it's definately dissapointing that this "chapter" is lacking in features in such ways that ZOS has to include on it a system that the playerbase has been asking since forever for the base game.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like jewellery crafting should be added to the base game, or at least made it like the transmutation station.

Very sad to see. dislike. wont buy the expansion.

@DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER

The question is though: If it was added to the base game, would you have bought the expansion anyway? Since you haven't already, I'm assuming not.
    I was going to before I saw this. The greed is too much.

So last week you were going to buy it, this week you're not. I'm betting next week you'll be buying it again. Forums are where people vent what they think, the game is where they play what they enjoy. A lot of people quit the game on principle over crown crates, or was it the combat changes? Or perhaps the switch in business model. Or even the introduction of paid-for chapters. They're mostly still playing the game, and my hunch is you'll be playing the new chapter :wink: !

Either that, or you were seriously never going to buy it in the first place!
    Edited by Tandor on March 28, 2018 9:23PM
    Options
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont get how this is such a problem for people. I am already getting summerset for the content, quests, new zone, achievements, etc, everything. Jewelry crafting is something for either people who aim for endgame content - they are gonna buy it already for the trial in it, casual players dont really need jewelry crafting, sorry. Like if you cant do good enough for even completing normal dungeon, jewelry crafting wont really help you anyway. PvP players should already probably get it anyway for new sets that are gonna for sure come with the zone, possibly some of the trial weapons are gonna be also really good for pvp. Dont really know what the problem is here for ppl. If you already bought very expensive Morrowind this should not be any problem for you to pay for as its way cheaper and if you preorder you actually get Morrowind. This chapter is probably the best deal they ever offer to players. But as always there is gonna be someone complaining for not getting it for free.
    For me its clear - endgame ppl are gonna get it anyway already because of the other stuff it offers than jewel craft, casual people dont need to have perfect setups with craftable jewelry. What for? Questing, yeeeeeah sure.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    before any comments - i have already preordered physical CE so I'm personaly not affected by it.

that said... I honestly hope that we are misreading something, and its not actualy restricted to summerset completely. Morrowind's new crafter set stations are in morrowind. but people without could also acess them in guild houses via attunable stations. same for Clockwork City and both transmute station and their own associated crafted sets. psijic skill line SHOULD be restricted to Summerset, but jewelry crafting as a crafting skill line? IMO, should not be.

I doubt that stations would be restricted as if they are being added to existing sets - they would have to be placed out in a world along with already existing gear stations.

landmass of summerset, its stories and new trial, as well as psijic skill line are more then enough exclusive content IMO to justify the purchase of a chapter.

dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS now I can make some serious gold selling to people who didn't buy the expansion because they think it should be included with eso+

Can you? The wording craft your own implies the jewelry will be bound.
    This needs verification it will definitely suck if so.

You can also craft your own armor but that doesn't mean you can't sell it. We will find out later on when they release the full details but I think they will allow players to trade the jewelry so that everyone still has a chance to have the jewelry.

I hope your right and it is not like transmuted armor which is not tradeable.
    They could make jewelry crafting stations not accessible just like thieves troves aren't accessible if you don't have the DLC.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is crafted or upgraded jewelry going to be freely tradeable between your own characters and other players?
    It will determine how many upgrades I purchase for my household.
    Edited by TequilaFire on March 28, 2018 9:37PM
    Options