The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Red Mountain new stam dps meta?

• clv
    clv
    ✭✭✭
    bloodspawn / naa parse?
    Options
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    11277816.png

what about this? is this better? will it stuck with RM?
    item from PTS

the tooltip proc damage not changed if your stamina or magicka changed
    strange
    Edited by Lumbermill_Emperor on September 7, 2016 3:15PM
    Options
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tested it and it's doesn't have any that significant DPS difference.

Red Mountain:
    - 10% Chance, proc on all weapon attacks (weapon abilitys, weapon light/heavy attack, as well as DoT's from weapons will proc each tick)
    - 8000 Damage

Way of The Fire:
    - 20% Chance, proc on weapon abilities only
    - Roughly half of the damage

So basically WoTF you have double the chance, but half of the the damage of RM. But I guess depends on the build as well.
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
    Options
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    I estimate WoTF to have about 50% less total dmg output than RM in an average fight with hail and rapid strikes and because of that its not even close to being a good set.

CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
    Options
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about using Spriggan http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Spriggan's+Thorns+Set with RM ?

Thanks!
    Options
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or Spriggan with Viper?
    Options
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious about running Krahg, NMG/TBS then RM daggers + jewelry. Did you do any parses to compare it to vipers etc?
    Edited by Ajaxduo on October 16, 2016 2:48AM
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm stuck,I got gold vo jewels today, also got my last 2 pcs of red mountain.I've been running spriggans with tbs. Help me decide!!!
    Options
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭

Since RM doesnt work with physical penetration spriggan+RM has a bad synergy.
    Better go VO or TBS to boost RM output even further.

Kragh seems to be meta.

RM+TBS, VO+TBS or VO+RM are still the way to go.

I'm running 560k+ vMSA runs with RM+VO+Kragh atm, andy S top world vMSA is also using RM+VO last time I checked.

Viper is just terrible in PVE.
    Edited by LEGENDARYYY on October 18, 2016 10:12PM
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

Options
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your answers ..but I have another question:

Would be viable leviathan http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Leviathan+Set + RM + Kragh?

Thanks a lot!
    Edited by Agalloch on October 19, 2016 8:22AM
    Options
  • Fettkeewl
    Fettkeewl
    ✭✭✭
    Question. Does 5th piece proc on destro staff la/ha and crushing shock? It says weapon damage and those are weapon damage ^.^
    Options
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fettkeewl wrote: »
    Question. Does 5th piece proc on destro staff la/ha and crushing shock? It says weapon damage and those are weapon damage ^.^

weapon abilities yeah
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

Options
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    What's the best poor-man's accompaniment for Red Mountain in PvE (with DW and Bow)?

I'm assuming BiS is Kra'ghs, Viscous Ophidian jewelry and malestrom weapons.

However, it's going to be a while until I have the VO and Malestrom options, so I'd like to put together an easier to obtain set.
    How would you rank NMG, Leviathan, Spriggans, Hundings, 3- Agility and weapons, or something I haven't listed? Also, what kind of DPS drop would you expect to see with this compared to BiS?
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
    Options
  • SkyIsTheLimit1206
    SkyIsTheLimit1206
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for necro-ing thread...

Why is Viper's Sting worse than Red Mountain?

From what I can see

They deal around the same proc damage, but Viper's Sting has double the cooldown.

However, Viper's Sting is a guaranteed proc.

Also, Viper's Sting can proc off ANY melee attack, while Red Mountain is any weapon ABILITY (though it means it can proc off ranged abilities)

But Viper's Sting is Poison Damage so it scales with CP while Red Mountain is Flame Damage so it doesn't scale with most Stam DPS CP.

Anyone explain this to me?
    With strength and intelligence comes hard work.

Which is why not a lot of people are strong nor intelligent.
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I've been using RM

From what I can see

They deal around the same proc damage, but Viper's Sting has double the cooldown.

Also, Viper's Sting can proc off ANY melee attack, while Red Mountain is any weapon ABILITY (though it means it can proc off ranged abilities)

But Viper's Sting is Poison Damage so it scales with CP while Red Mountain is Flame Damage so it doesn't scale with most Stam DPS CP.

Red mountain just does more dps in a real fight scenario. It was better when the damage was instant but it can still be a really nice set to use.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    I've been using RM

From what I can see

Red mountain just does more dps in a real fight scenario. It was better when the damage was instant but it can still be a really nice set to use.

In PvP been seeing it more and more. Got me thinking about it again. In BGs it is still strong
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    His post was from 2016. Red Mountain sucks on stam now, let this stupid thread die
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick, burn the necromancer!
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    His post was from 2016. Red Mountain sucks on stam now, let this stupid thread die

Yeah totally sucks now, 3k dps from front bar only is complete garbage. Here's a parse from vMoL in CWC with a top score raidguild.

HGOxDuV.jpg

This is the single target selected on zhaj, it did about 800 more in total. It is a really strong set, not meta, but also not "stupid" as you say. You seem to, like many players nowadays, follow the "BiS or nothing" mentality, following others without testing...

Stamina warden dummy parse:

yNBAiWQ.jpg
    Edited by Masel on March 19, 2018 7:35AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t let this thread die.

I’m a Dunmer Stam DK.

I run Sunderflame, Red Mountain and Vel.

I hit 30k self buffed and 40k group buffed. That’s without correct weapon traits, and no Master / vMA Bow.

The proc rate for RM is ridiculous. It’s pretty much always up on cooldown (not to mention the volcanos look cool af when they go off).

This set is still viable and is fairly easy to grind / cheap to buy as well. I’ve also done tests with RM and Spriggans as well as RM and hundings and get the same DPS results. Will be testing with Morag Tong as well later this week then playing build details once ive made weapon trait changes.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
    Options
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I run Red Mountain and Hundings after discovering @Masel92 's build and @Cybercore_Death also runs it as well.

It may not be meta rn but I have seen several folks using it in alik'r dolmens. The volcanos proc like crazy and it looks awesome.

Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah totally sucks now, 3k dps from front bar only is complete garbage. Here's a parse from vMoL in CWC with a top score raidguild.

HGOxDuV.jpg

This is the single target selected on zhaj, it did about 800 more in total. It is a really strong set, not meta, but also not "stupid" as you say. You seem to, like many players nowadays, follow the "BiS or nothing" mentality, following others without testing...

yNBAiWQ.jpg

WoF is much better than Red Mountain and the proc is much more reliable.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Xvorg wrote: »

HGOxDuV.jpg

yNBAiWQ.jpg

No. It is a heavy armor set, which makes you lose stats and damage. In PvP you might be right, but not in PvE.
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using RM

From what I can see

How does briarhart stack up next to RM? I’m thinking stamblade and stamsorc.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been using RM

From what I can see

Its Mechanical Acuity or nothing on Stamblade atm
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Izaki wrote: »
    I've been using RM

From what I can see

You could use RM+Acuity+Stormfist for a really special build :smiley: Should still dish out sufficient deeps..
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭

HGOxDuV.jpg

yNBAiWQ.jpg

No. It is a heavy armor set, which makes you lose stats and damage. In PvP you might be right, but not in PvE.

Way of Fire is a significantly better set, especially considering Red Mtn delay and potential for a boss to simply move out of its range. And what, never heard of using jewelry/weapon’s from a heavy set? I guess that’s why Alkosh sucks for tanks, because it’s medium armor...

Any why ruin the utility of mechanical acutity by running it with a proc set that is incapable of critical damage?
    Edited by SmellyUnlimited on March 19, 2018 11:46PM
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

HGOxDuV.jpg

yNBAiWQ.jpg

Way of Fire is a significantly better set, especially considering Red Mtn delay and potential for a boss to simply move out of its range. And what, never heard of using jewelry/weapon’s from a heavy set? I guess that’s why Alkosh sucks for tanks, because it’s medium armor...

Any why ruin the utility of mechanical acutity by running it with a proc set that is incapable of critical damage?

WoF jewellery is still healthy man, that's why I said you lose stats. You can use two weapons + two heavy pieces and one ring/necklace, but that'll lose you dps. Post me a dps parse with wotf that outparses red mountain, then I'll believe you. Always deliver proof for claims you make here. I know what I'm talking about here, and opposed to you for example, I back my claims up with parses...

Red mountain range is 28m and it'll always hit the closest enemy, in a trial I didn't have a single encounter where it missed,. Red mountain has half the proc chance but no cooldown and hits harder. Especially the lack of a cooldown makes it stronger than wotf, which is technically limited in the amount of dps it does..

As for acuity + rm, simply doesn't matter. I said that it was a special build and nowhere claimed it'll be ideal, but with many other sets you'll also have critical bonuses that diminish the bonus from the acuity 5pc.
    Edited by Masel on March 20, 2018 12:01AM
    PC EU

Youtube:
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    I've been using RM

From what I can see

You could use RM+Acuity+Stormfist for a really special build :smiley: Should still dish out sufficient deeps..

I mean you could, but not on Stamblade... Velidreth, Mechanical Acuity and War Machine are just perfect for the bursty nature of the class, and on top of that, this setup also provides group support.

On a Stamplar or Stam Sorc or even Stam DK however? The setup you mentioned could be pretty good indeed.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭

HGOxDuV.jpg

yNBAiWQ.jpg

WoF jewellery is still healthy man, that's why I said you lose stats. You can use two weapons + two heavy pieces and one ring/necklace, but that'll lose you dps. Post me a dps parse with wotf that outparses red mountain, then I'll believe you. Always deliver proof for claims you make here. I know what I'm talking about here, and opposed to you for example, I back my claims up with parses...

Red mountain range is 28m and it'll always hit the closest enemy, in a trial I didn't have a single encounter where it missed,. Red mountain has half the proc chance but no cooldown and hits harder. Especially the lack of a cooldown makes it stronger than wotf, which is technically limited in the amount of dps it does..

As for acuity + rm, simply doesn't matter. I said that it was a special build and nowhere claimed it'll be ideal, but with many other sets you'll also have critical bonuses that diminish the bonus from the acuity 5pc.

“As opposed to you for example,” us filthy console players don’t have access to the add-ons you do to show parses broken down.

And you didn’t post a parse of WoF to back-up YOUR claim that it’s not as good. Perhaps someday we’ll get the add-on crutches that you have, but for now we’ll just settle for being better players.
    Options