The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Red Mountain new stam dps meta?

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to run RM + Viper back in the day. It's damage per hit was comparable to Viper, as Viper would get buffed from typical stam CP, RM less so. You needed certain abilities, such as Flurry or Arrow Barrage, to get the proc chance up. In One Tamriel it was easy for RM to proc more often than Viper in controlled tests. Early the following year I noticed undocumented changes to ZOS' RNG algorithm had reduced the RM proc chance. The tooltip stayed the same, but it would proc on par or slightly less than Viper. I used to do a LOT of repeated testing killing giants, before I had a target skeleton, examining and averaging the proc frequencies. I did not find Way of Fire competitive with either of those sets at the time.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    His post was from 2016. Red Mountain sucks on stam now, let this stupid thread die

Yeah totally sucks now, 3k dps from front bar only is complete garbage. Here's a parse from vMoL in CWC with a top score raidguild.

HGOxDuV.jpg

This is the single target selected on zhaj, it did about 800 more in total. It is a really strong set, not meta, but also not "stupid" as you say. You seem to, like many players nowadays, follow the "BiS or nothing" mentality, following others without testing...

Stamina warden dummy parse:

yNBAiWQ.jpg

WoF is much better than Red Mountain and the proc is much more reliable.

No. It is a heavy armor set, which makes you lose stats and damage. In PvP you might be right, but not in PvE.

Way of Fire is a significantly better set, especially considering Red Mtn delay and potential for a boss to simply move out of its range. And what, never heard of using jewelry/weapon’s from a heavy set? I guess that’s why Alkosh sucks for tanks, because it’s medium armor...

Any why ruin the utility of mechanical acutity by running it with a proc set that is incapable of critical damage?

WoF jewellery is still healthy man, that's why I said you lose stats. You can use two weapons + two heavy pieces and one ring/necklace, but that'll lose you dps. Post me a dps parse with wotf that outparses red mountain, then I'll believe you. Always deliver proof for claims you make here. I know what I'm talking about here, and opposed to you for example, I back my claims up with parses...

Red mountain range is 28m and it'll always hit the closest enemy, in a trial I didn't have a single encounter where it missed,. Red mountain has half the proc chance but no cooldown and hits harder. Especially the lack of a cooldown makes it stronger than wotf, which is technically limited in the amount of dps it does..

As for acuity + rm, simply doesn't matter. I said that it was a special build and nowhere claimed it'll be ideal, but with many other sets you'll also have critical bonuses that diminish the bonus from the acuity 5pc.

“As opposed to you for example,” us filthy console players don’t have access to the add-ons you do to show parses broken down.

And you didn’t post a parse of WoF to back-up YOUR claim that it’s not as good. Perhaps someday we’ll get the add-on crutches that you have, but for now we’ll just settle for being better players.

I’m a filthy console player (XB1) and I use RM / Sunder / Vel in a 0-6-1 weight setup (the 1 being he head). I don’t have a vMA or Master now. My weapon traits aren’t ideal but I can hit 30k easily on my Dunmer Stam DK with just reap. If I get a tank and Healer in to apply buffs / debuffs I can hit 40k. These numbers are consistent.

I can assure you the uptime for RM is ridiculous to the point people comment on the amount of volcanos spawning during dungeons and trials.

But like everything it’s each to their own.

What numbers do you hit on a 3m dummy with WoF?

I would also agree that if you flame it to be better than you should do a video cap and share it on here showing the numbers you get.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's