The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

sorcs

• Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    @Sharee

You can have an execute if you give us your Flame Lash spammable - in lightning, of course. Oh, and give us a passive that says "free 25% damage on everything against vampires".

Reading this I say Yes, Yes, YESSSSSS to duel wield lightning whips for my Sorc.

latest?cb=20140623184033

Here ZOS take my money, take my crowns, take all of it!
    Edited by Lord_Etrigan on February 27, 2018 1:39PM
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
    Options
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just run my decay build on
    Sorc
    Durok arcane + lich + infernal guardian
    Frag shock curse frost clench fury/inner light atro
    Ward ward degen defensive rune streak ol
    Ward boundless mines dark conv streak

Just duel Stam classes or magplar/magdk

Swap to a normal build for shielded classes and don’t fight magblade, they are just superior versions of your own class.

Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reading this I say Yes, Yes, YESSSSSS to duel wield lightning whips for my Sorc.

latest?cb=20140623184033

Just throwing this out - lightning bolt ranged spammable? Totally not inspired by Zeus...
    >;3

@Irylia

"Decay" build? Just rename it "Cancer" build. (^_-)
    (Note that this is a heavy disease one shouldn't make fun of, really)
    Edited by Lord-Otto on February 27, 2018 4:17PM
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Sorc

Swap to a normal build for shielded classes and don’t fight magblade, they are just superior versions of your own class.

Sorc

Why would you run both frost reach and pulse?
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Sorc

Sorc

Reach for the CC and the frost snare, which is absolute cancer against 2H stam builds. But it’s expensive for a spammable.

Pulse isn’t reflectable by DK scales, and goes through shimmering shield when reach can’t. It’s a good pressure tool.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I think it’s funny how this thread died when actual counter arguments to facts are needed...

The only thing funny about this thread is how you take the argument to Nbs when you have no answer,

Both nbs and sorcs are overpowered in the passives department , and when you say nb is op, they tell you no, sorc is op, and when you say sorc is op, they will tell you no, nb is op, and pass the ball between them.

You do know I am a Dk main, yet you take the argument to nbs being OP, ON PURPOSE, just so you can seem right.

Magsorc passives and overall costs are tons better than what a magDk has, and stamsorc is just leagues ahead of DK when it comes to passives.

Yet you come here with a dumb list that just lists what buffs/debuffs each class has, and you try to make a point from such a pointless list,

That dumb list tells me Dk has access to: defile,expedition,empower,minor vitality,major fortitude, major mending..

While in reality, an average DK has none of these. Sorcs do lack debuffs and some special buffs, but they do have some unique passives that are better than having ''major this, minor that'' on an ability you will never use.

That was my original point, and you still managed to drag the discussion to nightblades.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 27, 2018 11:11PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it’s funny how this thread died when actual counter arguments to facts are needed...

The only thing funny about this thread is how you take the argument to Nbs when you have no answer,

Both nbs and sorcs are overpowered in the passives department , and when you say nb is op, they tell you no, sorc is op, and when you say sorc is op, they will tell you no, nb is op, and pass the ball between them.

You do know I am a Dk main, yet you take the argument to nbs being OP, ON PURPOSE, just so you can seem right.

Magsorc passives and overall costs are tons better than what a magDk has, and stamsorc is just leagues ahead of DK when it comes to passives.

Yet you come here with a dumb list that just lists what buffs/debuffs each class has, and you try to make a point from such a pointless list,

That dumb list tells me Dk has access to: defile,expedition,empower,minor vitality,major fortitude, major mending..

While in reality, an average DK has none of these. Sorcs do lack debuffs and some special buffs, but they do have some unique passives that are better than having ''major this, minor that'' on an ability you will never use.

That was my original point, and you still managed to drag the discussion to nightblades.

I keep hearing about those cheap sorc skills that are way cheaper than any class but whenever i log on a sorc i see mines cost 5.5k, rune cage 4k, streak draining ur entire magicka after a few casts, and a bunch of other skills that cost 3-4k. Where the hell are those cheap skills and i never cant find them?

Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see, you're a dk main that strongly wants 2 other classes nerfed.

Mag/ stam dk? Do you have trouble hitting and killing the sorc/ nb by spamming dizzying?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno. I still feel that sorcs are not OP. They are strong but not as strong as they were even in dw.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Sorc

Sorc

Reach for the CC and the frost snare, which is absolute cancer against 2H stam builds. But it’s expensive for a spammable.

Pulse isn’t reflectable by DK scales, and goes through shimmering shield when reach can’t. It’s a good pressure tool.

Oh right, he doesn't run master's staff. So many sorcs run it now I forgot you can't have it in a 5/5/2 setup hahaha.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41

Maybe your assessment that Sorc has the BEST PASSIVES IN THE WHOLE GAME was a bit off then. I just called you out in that stating we have 5 good ones out of 12. Now all of a sudden DK is your benchmark. If I weren’t sure it’s a waste I’d list the DK passives in comparison too. Look, I get you’re salty that ZOS trashed stamDK. I never said Sorcs are bottom tier overall. Your statement was just ridiculous though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnarock41

Maybe your assessment that Sorc has the BEST PASSIVES IN THE WHOLE GAME was a bit off then. I just called you out in that stating we have 5 good ones out of 12. Now all of a sudden DK is your benchmark. If I weren’t sure it’s a waste I’d list the DK passives in comparison too. Look, I get you’re salty that ZOS trashed stamDK. I never said Sorcs are bottom tier overall. Your statement was just ridiculous though.

I wish I could stack green dragon blood, major mending, argonian and lingering pots on my sorc...
    Edited by Subversus on February 28, 2018 9:19AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see some changes for the sorc class tbh.....getting tired of seeing magsorcs spamming destructive clench like there´s no tomorrow.... :pensive:
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potatoes gon potate.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ragnarock41

I wish I could stack green dragon blood, major mending, argonian and lingering pots on my sorc...

I mean, I know its satire response to his incorrect comment, so I am probably eating that bait hard.

But both heal buffs are only ran because SDK has nothing else worth while. Both skills suck in most cases compared to things other classes have, but need to put the spare mag somewhere. Lingering and argonian you can.
    Edited by ak_pvp on February 28, 2018 11:16AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see, you're a dk main that strongly wants 2 other classes nerfed.

Mag/ stam dk? Do you have trouble hitting and killing the sorc/ nb by spamming dizzying?

They don’t have nerf those classes but need to buff dk up to par with them.
    Options
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnarock41

Are u talking about using dragon blood on a stam dk? On top of getting major mending out igneous shield which last for literally 1 second when ur being attacked. Yeah I wish I could generate resources by turning my stam or mag into the other on top of having mobility without mist form. On top of having two excutes.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    @Sharee

You can have an execute if you give us your Flame Lash spammable - in lightning, of course. Oh, and give us a passive that says "free 25% damage on everything against vampires".

latest?cb=20140623184033

You can have noodle (admittedly good, but not enough to warrant the class good.) and wings (You'll have to glue them back together first, too much snip snip.) if we can have fire fury and fire streak. Also would trade sustain too.

Also funny how through the 25% free damage DK (if wanting to be actually OW viable) has less damage than most other classes. Thanks reliance on constantly nerfed block/tankiness and no other usable forms of defense that scale decently.
    Edited by ak_pvp on February 28, 2018 11:35AM
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

You can have noodle and wings (You'll have to glue them back together first, too much snip snip.) if we can have fire fury and fire streak. Also would trade sustain too.

Also funny how through the 25% free damage DK (if wanting to be actually OW viable) has less damage than most other classes. Thanks reliance on constantly nerfed block/tankiness and no other usable forms of defense that scale decently.

Bolded statement is not true though mate. Less burst, perhaps. Less damage definitely not. BG'ing with classes and checking the damage at the end.

Depending on type and duration of game I usually get:
    Stamblade: 500k-800k
    MagSorc/MagBlade: 600k-1m
    DK/MagDen: 900k-1.5m

It's literally 50% more than I average on the other classes mag classes bar MagDen. And I haven't really tested MagDen this patch since the nerfs to Birds. He might have fallen off a bit. Kills usually higher with Sorc/NB though.

Stamblade always seems low, even to me. But then so many people can't survive the opening burst that on an opponent of 23k HP you rarely have to do to more than 25k damage to kill them. And if they survive that burst, you're better off switching to a squishier target or resetting.

Edited by Maulkin on February 28, 2018 11:43AM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnarock41

I mean, I know its satire response to his incorrect comment, so I am probably eating that bait hard.

But both heal buffs are only ran because SDK has nothing else worth while. Both skills suck in most cases compared to things other classes have, but need to put the spare mag somewhere. Lingering and argonian you can.

Green dragon blood doesn't suck though, you get 8% extra healing from the ability itself and 12% extra from passives, all for 20 seconds. Add that to argonian, lingering and major mending (yeah boohoo it's a short duration) you get extremely tanky.

Look, I'm not saying that stamdk is op or is in a godly spot or anything. All I'm saying is that I've fought and talked about stamdk with plenty of people that main it this patch and it's not a be all end all as the forumDKs make it out to be.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

You can have noodle and wings (You'll have to glue them back together first, too much snip snip.) if we can have fire fury and fire streak. Also would trade sustain too.

Bolded statement is not true though mate. Less burst, perhaps. Less damage definitely not. BG'ing with classes and checking the damage at the end.

It's literally 50% more than I average on the other classes mag classes bar MagDen. And I haven't really tested MagDen this patch since the nerfs to Birds. He might have fallen off a bit. Kills usually higher with Sorc/NB though.

Stamblade always seems low, even to me. But then so many people can't survive the opening burst that on an opponent of 23k HP you rarely have to do to more than 25k damage to kill them. And if they survive that burst, you're better off switching to a squishier target or resetting.

Letting dots tick vs actual killing damage. On my DK i will dot up as many players generally, I mean why not. Talons+engulfing helps group, and embers is healing. Then add the dot+return from spiked armour and you will get hyperinflated numbers. The damage, even pressure in a 1v1 that comes from a dotblade or a dotsorc outdoes DK, even with the 25% because relying on being a tank is a massive damage loss.

DK actually, despite passives, has a very high potential damage, both dots and burst, output. Even against a ST. But are often forced into two sustain sets and s/b+heavy if wanting to be viable OW, which reduces damage. Niche destro/resto builds exist, but "DK is a tank class" kappa.

Hence " Thanks reliance on constantly nerfed block/tankiness and no other usable forms of defense that scale decently."
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Letting dots tick vs actual killing damage. On my DK i will dot up as many players generally, I mean why not. Talons+engulfing helps group, and embers is healing. Then add the dot+return from spiked armour and you will get hyperinflated numbers. The damage, even pressure in a 1v1 that comes from a dotblade or a dotsorc outdoes DK, even with the 25% because relying on being a tank is a massive damage loss.

DK actually, despite passives, has a very high potential damage, both dots and burst, output. Even against a ST. But are often forced into two sustain sets and s/b+heavy if wanting to be viable OW, which reduces damage. Niche destro/resto builds exist, but "DK is a tank class" kappa.

Hence " Thanks reliance on constantly nerfed block/tankiness and no other usable forms of defense that scale decently."

Dots are a great type of pressure and DKs also have burst in their ultie. If Sorcs in particular did not kill steal in BGs with their execute, I reckon DKs would be as high as anyone. I disagree that dot damage is not killing damage.

Also bleedblades and bleedsorcs are duel builds mostly. You're no comparing OW build damage with duel build damage. You wouldn't build for tanking in a duel on a DK either and neither would you go vamp. You can go 2H/Resto and rely on shields for dealing with the bleeds/dots. Shields are better 1v1 than blocking.

I don't disagree that nerfed tankiness and lack of mobility is gimping DK in more open content compared to other classes. But really it's not the damage that is lacking from the class. I never felt damage was a problem in my DK at least.

Edited by Maulkin on February 28, 2018 12:40PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The scariest class to face 1v1 is actually a light armor dk because the class is naturally tanky with big heals. The damage and pressure they can put out at times can be ridiculous, do much do that you as the opponent can basically never get the chance to go offensive because you health is being pressured to much as well as your stam pool. As for open world that's basically a problem with all classes right now everyone has to build tanky. Even mag sorcs are starting to wear sets like riposte. We all take a damage loss open world
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dots are a great type of pressure and DKs also have burst in their ultie. If Sorcs in particular did not kill steal in BGs with their execute, I reckon DKs would be as high as anyone. I disagree that dot damage is not killing damage.

Also bleedblades and bleedsorcs are duel builds mostly. You're no comparing OW build damage with duel build damage. You wouldn't build for tanking in a duel on a DK either and neither would you go vamp. You can go 2H/Resto and rely on shields for dealing with the bleeds/dots. Shields are better 1v1 than blocking.

I don't disagree that nerfed tankiness and lack of mobility is gimping DK in more open content compared to other classes. But really it's not the damage that is lacking from the class. I never felt damage was a problem in my DK at least.

Idk, I ran a dot build on my stamsorc OW, since its dots had better killing power. Implosion, constant unpurgable hurricane, poison injection. If anything got too hairy I just ran like heck.

I also don't disagree that DK damage is fine for how its played, but in comparison to other openworld builds of a similar type, take a heavy armour warden, heavy NB, heavy stamplar, a DK has quite a bit less killing power, even with the 25% extra damage. Sets like 7th (rip) fury and ravager.

Tbh I don't even think MDK is that bad this patch. (because everything else has been nerfed) Sure, utterly awful in OW. But buffed in most duels, as if they werent strong enough, and good in BGs. Its just when I see those people saying DK can delete groups of vamps with a single (fiery) breath. I can barely cast one without being mag drained.
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Idk, I ran a dot build on my stamsorc OW, since its dots had better killing power. Implosion, constant unpurgable hurricane, poison injection. If anything got too hairy I just ran like heck.

I also don't disagree that DK damage is fine for how its played, but in comparison to other openworld builds of a similar type, take a heavy armour warden, heavy NB, heavy stamplar, a DK has quite a bit less killing power, even with the 25% extra damage. Sets like 7th (rip) fury and ravager.

Tbh I don't even think MDK is that bad this patch. (because everything else has been nerfed) Sure, utterly awful in OW. But buffed in most duels, as if they werent strong enough, and good in BGs. Its just when I see those people saying DK can delete groups of vamps with a single (fiery) breath. I can barely cast one without being mag drained.

You are comparing a mDK with heavy armor stam builds. Thats like comparing apples with oranges. Those are not similar type builds. Stam builds can do generally better in OW. This is completely irrelevant with the classes. If you want to compare mDK then compare it with other magicka classes. Most magicka builds use sustain/tanky sets and sacrifice dmg in OW just like mDKs. Only magblades and wardens can probably get away with dmg sets. The most popular sets for sorcs are shackle, amber, lich, riposte. Non of them is a dmg set.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DoTs are strong in PvP. I used to think they were trash because it's not much damage, they get cleansed, vigor just heals through them, etc., and was I dead wrong.

Thinking back to how mediocre I used to be playing this game, the biggest difference by far is my appreciation for the pressure DoTs put on opponents.

They don't put up sexy kill counter numbers, but @Maulkin is right, they output *a lot* of damage and your opponents must react, heal through, and consume resources to counter that damage. DKs and templars (at least magicka versions) should have the highest output in BGs by quite a bit, even if they dont rack up numbers in the leftmost column.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 28, 2018 4:14PM
    Options
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    It would be nice to see some changes for the sorc class tbh.....getting tired of seeing magsorcs spamming destructive clench like there´s no tomorrow.... :pensive:

That's not even a sorc skill.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
    Options
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

You are comparing a mDK with heavy armor stam builds. Thats like comparing apples with oranges. Those are not similar type builds. Stam builds can do generally better in OW. This is completely irrelevant with the classes. If you want to compare mDK then compare it with other magicka classes. Most magicka builds use sustain/tanky sets and sacrifice dmg in OW just like mDKs. Only magblades and wardens can probably get away with dmg sets. The most popular sets for sorcs are shackle, amber, lich, riposte. Non of them is a dmg set.

Cause they can't sustain cause all their skills are expensive asf. Please do some research on this before you respond so you don't waste my time.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »

Cause they can't sustain cause all their skills are expensive asf. Please do some research on this before you respond so you don't waste my time.

Kinda hard to waste ur time when i never even said anything to you. Lmao.

On topic tho, i have no clue about what you are even trying to say. I said other magicka classes sacrifice dmg in OW like DK and comparing mDK with heavy stam builds is like comparing apples with oranges. It seems like you have reading comprehension issues so maybe you need to address that cause right now you are the one wasting my time.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was just going based of tanky playstyled classes. The only similar class of a MagDk is probably a magplar, which are probably worse off than DK cause no lockdown.

Sorcs also having to run 2x sustain or utility sets is pretty dampening, but at least they get to invest into mag for their defense. But yeah the sustain changes hit them real bad. (I ran necro divines, mag stone, and old OP desert rose, died within one patch.)
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options