The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Tanking Feedback Thread

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know that this is PvE, but I just wanted to say that tanking just got extremely hardcore. I think this guy blocked me because I messaged him calling him irritating in a joking way, and then I asked him to tank a dungeon for me and then he never responded...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uz7M15Psgw

Best tank on PS4 NA right now. He can withstand 15 people attacking him, and a destruction staff ultimate at once. If you see this player in Scourge on this platform, just leave him alone. You're not going to kill him, and he will just ignore you if you just pass by him.

He wont kill anyone either. So not sure what the point is?
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Calling all Tanks!

The Dungeon and Gameplay teams would love to get some feedback from all of you damage sponge, block mastering, mitigation kings out there. This thread is going to mainly cover PvE encounters specifically in group dungeons or Trials. If you like to play a tank in ESO and want to have your voice heard, or you don't and want us to know why, please answer the following questions. Please make sure you mention if you primarily play on console or PC.

1. What do you like best about tanking in ESO?
    2. What do you like least about tanking in ESO?
    3. What is your favorite encounter to tank?
    4. What is your least favorite encounter to tank?
    5. Of the tools you have for tanking, which is your favorite?
    6. Of the tools you have for tanking, which would you like to see improved the most?

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!
    Imperial DK here. Console PS4
    1. I enjoy holding aggro for the squishy deeps and providing an easy way to clear content.

2. Tanking in ESO, there is no tutorial, but there is a wrong way to do it and that is obvious to tanks who cannot complete VRoM HM for example. One of the biggest gripes I have is as a tank, you need vigor and guard for off tanking, and to get vigor and guard, you must PVP. That gets quite frusterating as tanks do not do well dealing damage.

3. My favorite encounter(s) are in Veteran White Gold Tower and Maw of Lorkhaj. All those bosses are pretty fun, and dangerous for tanking. Especially the Planar Inhibitor, and the Twins from Maw. My tank can hold the inhibitor through the blue phase so long as I manage my potions, abilities and dodge rolls.

4. The argonian behemoth in RoM. Untankable. All you can do is pierce armor and hope the team doesn't get one shotted. Actually, almost all the bosses in both Shadowfen dlc dungeons are like this.

5. My bar setups are pretty fine tuned. I am most definitely an end game tank, and a dk so my most useful tool would be my chains, and since the coagulating blood nerf, green dragon blood for burst healing. I get a lot of friend requests from people that meet me on my tank.

6. I would like buff and debuff timers. Why don't we have those yet on PS4?
    Edited by Massive_Stain on March 19, 2017 1:11PM
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Hrolfkel
    Hrolfkel
    ✭✭
    I have tanked on all classes in ESO I prefer my NB Tank, because it is more supportive of the group then other and probly the hardest to master.my only complaint is I tank there for I can not do VMA because I am a tank in order to do it I have to change my build to a DPS build. I would suppose the same would be for healers. I would suggest you make it a role specific for players based on role that a player plays. This would be more fun for all players and allow them to complete all content without having to change their play style just for one event
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrolfkel wrote: »
    I have tanked on all classes in ESO I prefer my NB Tank, because it is more supportive of the group then other and probly the hardest to master.my only complaint is I tank there for I can not do VMA because I am a tank in order to do it I have to change my build to a DPS build. I would suppose the same would be for healers. I would suggest you make it a role specific for players based on role that a player plays. This would be more fun for all players and allow them to complete all content without having to change their play style just for one event

I disagree.

I have also tanked on all classes, and I mainly tank in dungeons and trials.

I completed my no death vMA run on a HA tanky mDK.

You simply cannot expect to do every aspect of the game with a single build.
    When you go to PvP, you adapt. You don't go in PvE tank gear.
    Same with vMA.

Every single class can finish vMA with a tanky build.
    You just need to get out of your comfort zone and start changing gear and skills.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Area taunt plz
  • danny.onacaub17_ESO
    danny.onacaub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am a very experienced trials tank on xbox one

1. The ability to withstand massive amounts of damage that dps and healers would not be able to. Also the coordination between a main tank and off tank in veteran trials makes it very enjoyable.

2. For one, the fact that you just don't need tanks for most vet dungeons anymore. That does not impact myself as much as others because I also actively play DPS and Healer roles, but I know people who only play tank and find the role in certain dungeons to be redundant.

3. Hard Mode Mage in Aetherian Archive is probably the most enjoyable fight I've done. Hard mode Warrior and Rakkhat (if it's doable because of dc's) are also awesome fights.

4. Most veteran dungeons as mentioned before are fairly redundant to tank. I don't even run heavy armor in those, instead, I opt for Powerful Assault for the extra buff to get over with it, but even in medium armor I can taunt the boss, put down my controller and grab a snack, and get back in time to retaunt.

5. My favorite thing to do as a tank is to work with the other tank and perfectly stack mobs together in trials. For example: stacking overchargers and serpent fang on trolls in vSO or stacking dreadstalkers in vMoL. I don't have a specific tool that I enjoy the most, since any tool that helps me and the group get the job done is appreciated.

6. I'd like to see health recovery play a bigger role. As of right now, health recovery is not really something PVE tanks think about (partially due to vamparism), and in PVP health recover only matters if you can stack 4k+
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    I know that this is PvE, but I just wanted to say that tanking just got extremely hardcore. I think this guy blocked me because I messaged him calling him irritating in a joking way, and then I asked him to tank a dungeon for me and then he never responded...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uz7M15Psgw

Best tank on PS4 NA right now. He can withstand 15 people attacking him, and a destruction staff ultimate at once. If you see this player in Scourge on this platform, just leave him alone. You're not going to kill him, and he will just ignore you if you just pass by him.

He wont kill anyone either. So not sure what the point is?

Just showing off, apparently maxing out resistance/managing resources -on live*-/using guard and keeping major mending up/heals up at all times is very special. Really cool to see though.

Right now tanking feels easy and worth it(we're at a point where all we need to focus on is bringing utility to the group). With Morrowind I expect tanking to be more selfish and more reliant needed. AOE taunt would be a huge bonus; but is not needed.
    The Flyers
  • Kinnahz
    Kinnahz
    ✭✭✭
    YOU WONT ME SEE ME TANK WITH A CLASS YOUR MAKING ME PAY FOR!
    Tanking on the dk is great. But being a dk I have the ability to swap to dps through a trial or a dungeon if I need too due to the utility the dk carries.

I will not support the new 'meta' of tanking after @ZOS_GinaBruno comments (essentially) saying DK's are purely a tanking class and the NERFS will likely not see a change.

I'd love to quote it, however I cannot find it in the threads.
    Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
    vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
  • Araxyte
    Araxyte
    ✭✭✭✭
    My reaction to this thread
    unknown.png?width=883&height=677

| All classes | PC EU |
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    Controlling the fights with positioning and smart movement.
    Mainly all the encounters where you have to only apply debuffs and buff group memebers (valariel/assambly general/...)
    Rakkhat hardmode.
    The assambly general.
    I dont really have a favourite tool. I like the diversity of utility skills but also think there could be more.
    6. Of the tools you have for tanking, which would you like to see improved the most?
    Most important would probably be the dk chains being bug fixed. Currently the initial damage can CC and prevent the chain and also sometimes you cant chain until you do a fully charged heavy attack.

The untaunted skills could use a overhaul,
    Offtank of the year 2016
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing is frustrating me, while tanking - it very hard to taunt or select target when u have before u 2 big targets, like Manticora + Last Boss in Sanctum. I'm never sure if i taunted right targed when they close one to each other. U piercing boss, but Manticora who can stay behind or from left or right side of Boss, have bigger real area and can get taunt instead of boss. One or few times.. And sometimes, when u use Inner rage or Grip on targets which u targeted by cursor, it comes to anoither target in different directions one of few times. Frustrating.

For PvP, now most of the people have a problem in too big damage in heavy armor.
    And u have more secondary stat return.
    Thats why its no profitable to run in mediium or light armor on templars, wardens or dragonknights.
    4th passive is ridiculous to be honest - it should give something for tank or surviveability not the damage insrease.
    U get more tankiness and still doing big damage in heavy...what's philosophy of this?
    Edited by Anethum on August 7, 2017 4:03PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • ekaploe
    ekaploe
    ✭✭
    1) I love the leadership role and controlling the room, flow of the fight, and necessity to understand the mechanics in such a fine detail that you understand every move a boss makes. Being able to withstand high damage output by enemies that one shot everyone else (if unmitigated or a direct hit). Finally, I enjoy the different ways you can focus a tank in terms of stats, whether health, stamina or magicka (to a lesser degree).

2) On occasion, and in some instances (especially long fights), it can get a bit boring at times. Although I definitely have a rotation, it is more basic than a dps. I do not think there is a fix to this because that is the role of a tank. I think that over-taunt should come back to make it more challenging to keep agro.

3) vMOL twins and vHOF dinos. Tank swapping is one of the true art forms of tanking. I also agree that COA is great, especially Ash Titan. There is nothing like kiting two air atros while ensuring the boss is shooting fire at you, not the team.

4) Fuggal Grotto II. Last boss you cant really tank (but do want to keep agro), the second boss doesn't follow directions sometimes, and spawn of mephala can suck you into the portal if you are not careful or if the dps are not focused.

5) Balance/Equilibrium - despite the nerf and absorb magic

6) Maybe power bash, since nobody uses it (on SB side) and revive helping hands (class side)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Calling all Tanks!

The Dungeon and Gameplay teams would love to get some feedback from all of you damage sponge, block mastering, mitigation kings out there. This thread is going to mainly cover PvE encounters specifically in group dungeons or Trials. If you like to play a tank in ESO and want to have your voice heard, or you don't and want us to know why, please answer the following questions. Please make sure you mention if you primarily play on console or PC.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

1. I like feeling powerful, taking a lot of damage. Specific to ESO? I can't really say... I tank with a magNightblade and I find it fun but I know that I will be negatively judged by the community for not being a dk. Thus, I limit the encounters I tank to only those I've healed several times over. In other games the gap closing was a lot of fun, like a train plowing through ice, doing damage along the way. Here, the gap closers are too finicky. Even if I charge, it doesn't reliably do a bash or interrupt once I get there. If I try to teleport strike it's a gamble where I'll end up. So I guess I like that every class CAN tank, but I don't like how shallow that is, there needs to be more depth to tanking on other classes. Even if it's storebrand talons or storebrand chains.

2. I like least, hm... I don't like how close minded the community is when it comes to other classes tanking. I don't like the way mag and stam are split up. If more class skills had a stam morph that was obviously designed toward weapon/physical damage (as opposed to magic/Spell damage) then I could finally make up my mind to go full stam or full mag. As it is I'm a magNB that has to consider blocking/bashing/taunting. Which is fine, I like being a hybrid, but the game favors stacking one resource right now (for example health or mag based shields). I used to be able to boast that I may not be built for tanking like a dk, but I was self-sustaining/self-maintaining unlike dk or Templar tanks that need a constant diet of shards. Which in turn meant that I could run with a healer that wasn't a Templar. Now that they took away Siphoning Attacks, I don't have any "pros" to boast of, just "cons". Also, I don't like how many encounters don't need tanks, just dps. Jumping around/teleporting bosses (too many to list), bosses that choose random team member to one shot thus negating all the effort I put into mitigation (dodgeable maybe but sometimes people dodge right into red trying to evade it), bosses that are immune, one shot mechanics that leave you at the mercy of your team's timing (Dranos Velandor is the worst). There is just too many fights solved by burst heals or burst damage instead of strategy.

3. I really like the Ash Titan and his Air Atronach but my absolute fav is Grothdarr because of the clear heavy sound of metal clanging when you block his wind up. It's such a satisfying sound.

4. So far, Dranos Velandor. I'm standing there waiting and waiting for the other 3 people to bash the shadows. They'll get one, and then wait until the very last second to get the other one. Meaning my reaction time has to be twitchier that a meth addict. No amount of health will stop it, and even having over resistance cap will mean nothing. Other fights I hate, fights where tanking is useless. Burning down bosses faster than they can initiate phase 3 is the only thing that matters. Reggar Darkdawn drains both magika and stamina and it's the kind of thing that is made needlessly harder by the sustain changes. Also any boss that is better fought from range than melee.

5. Inner fire. It's a bit difficult to aim but a ranged taunt is so useful. Absorb magika is also really great and I would waste cp points into making it cheaper if I could.

6. Silver leash. I salivate at the possibility of it being able to bring a mob to me. If you'd just change that one thing it would see so much more use. Also, if the shield charge ability could reliably bash/stun/interrupt once I get to the mob that would be heaven.

I want to float an idea out to you. My idea is a Unique lance and shield pair and the two items give a 2 pc bonus similar to monster sets. If we could earn the pieces of this mythical tanking set and reforge it the way we do in the fighters guild quest line I'd be really grateful. Something huge even when on small character models. Something very impressive that calls out the true dedicated tanks, that separates us out. That we're not just a dps trying to skip the queue by throwing a taunt on their bar.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the strategy of tanking.
    I like being in control of the encounter, keeping an eye on everyone, the resource management game and knowing when to over extend myself to help the team.
    On the other hand I can't stand it when my team makes mistakes that mess up my tanking, like a dps coming behind me , in front of the agro, when I am specifically bringing the agro away from the team. I had a dps do this in VCoS and then complain that I am not tanking correctly because velidreth is killing him. Idiot was eating her dots as I was blocking them.

Atm my favourite tool in tanking is the 1h shield ult, specifically as a stam DK with 64 in stam, and using akaviri dragon set with decisive trait weapon, It costs 75 ult to use, once used it gives me mega health, magika and stamina, as well as allowing me to block everything. I use that, do two heavy attacks while active, have full stamina again, then 3-6 light attacks while blocking and I have ult again.
    I'm virtually never running out of stamina and can block everything
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    in this patch problems with targeting were grew. It feels especially in vet DSA and new dungeon Bloodroot Forge on hard mode at last boss - 3 atronachs. Its a stupid pain to keep them all because 2 of them make untauntable 3d one wwhich is standing behind them. They have too big invisible volume (target boxes, or how this calling in english) to select which Intersect\collision one with others and this is annoing\frustrating when u cannot taunt target which is visible trew hands or another parts of target between. Especially if u should positioning them all 3 in one direction.
    Edited by Anethum on August 29, 2017 10:25PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to be able to stand up to soul crushing damage and walk away when others die.

It's a Dragon Knight and Warden world sure you can tank on all class but the hardest stuff to Tank calls for a Dragon Knight maybe a Great Warden but not a Nightblade or Templar. Real tanking is a Dragon Knight's job. I would like all five classes to have their own ways of tanking the hardest content ingame.

I guess I don't have one as I use my vHM trail build for everything it all feels about the same I PuG A LOT (group finder) so a easy can be a breeze or a test of patience.

Everything where tanks are not needed why do this? Bosses that can't be taunted or locked the tank out of the role. Like having four shades hold you down with PuG this a grand wipe or when you are randomly targeted to be turned to a skeleton (side note please add a cooldown to the targeting I was once picked every time in a run that was madness the healer was a GOD to keep the Lowbies alive but damn no Tank the whole fight.

Dual Wielding very overlooked but Blood craze is like a Health over time pot very useful. Blade Cloak adds AoE mitigation which is a Godsend in same fights. Not a tank's weapon but it can really make a great difference on your back bar.

Two Handed I know this was a tank weapon. Mages have the Staves, Stamina DPS has Bow and Dual Wield which leaves One hand and Shield and Two Handed to Tanks.
    Now changing Two handed to more tank focused will never happen DPS is never letting that go. But powers like Cleve and Forward Momentum can but changed to scale off Max Health and DPS will never care cause they don't use those powers.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get a crafter feedback thread?
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tavine wrote: »
    1. Tanking in ESO is fairly simple, watching your resources and being able to manage even bigger threats to the group.
    I regularly play my NB Tank and my DK Tank and the differences could not be bigger.
    2. I personally dislike the fact that for the new trial we are back to the DK being the go-to Tank. This class has everything that makes it the perfect tank. Starting with the passives and don't even get me started on the now buffed Ultimates (Magma Shell FTW). I would like a bigger diversity that every class would have the same basic circumstances like the resource m anagement on the DK.
    The taunting system is nice, I like the fact that there is no AE taunt.
    3. PTS Maw of Lorkhaj Vet Mode (S'kinrai + Vashai) second boss or the Mage in AA (Tanking the axes)
    4. Every Static Boss there is in the old trials so almost every boss in the old trials. If I can stand the whole encounter in one spot it is simply a matter of not running out of stamina and picking up spears or calling for repentence. The reason is simple. This great game offers a lot of opportunities to use the world in the encounter much more, which causes the tank to move and to THINK when he actually can move and lower his shield. Just use this much more in the encounters to come.

5. Because my NB Tank is my main character I try not to laugh here and say Veil of blades.
    6. Like I already said. Without destroying the uniqueness of each class give us the proper means to Tank. I am reasonable and simply say the Physical Resistance buff and the resource gain. Those would be the Most important improvements to me.

And I say this by completely ignoring the fact that my NB has no root or class damage shields or chains like the DK. But those I can live without.

Yep. Just recently created a Tank build on my Nightblade and knowing I'm new to the role, wish there was more "tank" stuff to it. I'm having a blast with my unique build, but wish there was something with roots. Fears definitely make enemies run away from your area :'D hahaha
  • SIRPORKCHOPS
    SIRPORKCHOPS
    ✭✭
    As anyone else Tanked the Axes on vAA lately, i have been having this thing lately where around axe 4 you start to aquire an aura of some sort like a grayish fog aura. What is that?
    MagTemplar Healer
    Stamplar 42 solo Parse 6 mil
    DK Tank
    MagBlade 46 solo Parse 3mil
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the sound and animation of stuff hitting my shield while blocking

the dependancy on others for stamina support. Half of the time pvp healers and dps come in, don't even have the orbs skill. Then on top dps is soo low that I have to tank mobs and run out of resoures despite full sturdy and 3 shielding enchants on jewelry. That sucks.

Anything that hits hard enough to 1-shot a non-tank since it makes me feel needed. All Minotaurs in FH and BF, especially the mino boss. My ideal encounter of a new dungeon would be an even harder hitting badass boss which makes my shield blocking character animation visually slide backwards (while maintaining the blocking stance) because of the impact of his heavy attack and upon bashing him at specific moments I would be able to make him stagger back in turn. This particular boss fight would be centered around this forth and back fight between the tank and boss on high cliff surounded by lava where the first one (tank vs boss) being pushed off the ledge into the lava would lose the fight ;)

All Normal dungeons and easy vet dungeons where good dps doesn't need a tank anymore at all because stuff cannot kill them and dies fast enough. So they charge ahead of the tank, pulling everything and the tank role is completely trivialized. I feel like the 5th wheel on the wagon then

CC !! ice spike shards on warden tank, talons on my dk tank, chains on my dk tank, ice pull on my warden....oh wait, that portal gate stuff doesn't work because caster mobs don't run over it!!

Improve CC further. Give the tank role a silence to pull casters, Change the Warden tank portal gate pull skill into a full "pull target now" skill just like DK chains. Also improve warden tank automated stamina recovery tools/skills/passives while blocking. In other words give warden tank the equivalent of DK helping hands and battle roar. Right now I'm ok on my DK but on Warden I struggle

And then finally a brand new crazy idea: How about a rework of the (currently unused) shield bash skill where it becomes a ranged skill where the tanks boomerang-throws his shield to the target from a distance like Captain America =P and silences the target for 5 seconds. This would give tanks a tool to pull casters and everyone a really cool and fun animation to look at :)
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on February 9, 2018 1:02PM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting extremely fed up with people requiring me to wear specific sets in every content I am tanking.
    I am a tank main, I know how to tank, I know what sets and what skills I want to use. I don't need others to tell me what gear I need to use.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. What do you like best about tanking in ESO? The overall situational awareness and strategy required to effectively tank. As a tank I must be well aware of all mechanics and possible responses to those mechanics, strategic placement and grouping of mobs and bosses to give the other group members the best chance of victory.
    2. What do you like least about tanking in ESO? I hate PETS, they steal aggro from tanks, they stun mobs making it impossible for me to drag them in with chains, they just get in the way generally. Aside from that, I also dislike the fact that the majority of 4-man content in this game does not require a tank at all.
    3. What is your favorite encounter to tank? Xal-Nur in vROM is fun for my particular style of tanking, there is a lot for me to do since I usually take the first leg of the spice run in addition to tanking Xal-Nur and the trolls, along these same lines is Velidreth in vCoS, which requires strategic block timing, well timed dodge rolls, well timed rezzing, and prioritizing which ads to tank and which to ignore, its one of the most active fights for a tank in the game.
    4. What is your least favorite encounter to tank? The last boss of Falkreath Hold I dislike...not because of the fight or the mechanics, its because its such an enclosed space and the pillars block my view of what is happening across the room, block my chains from being able to drag in ads, etc...its claustrophobic and annoying.
    5. Of the tools you have for tanking, which is your favorite? This is quite situational...of course I use Pierce Armor the most of anything...but that doesn't make it my favorite. I really like fights in which having Dragon Fire Scale slotted makes a huge difference...like the fight against Chudan, or the last boss of Fang Lair...both those fights require me to think about the skills I have slotted before starting the fight.
    6. Of the tools you have for tanking, which would you like to see improved the most? No question here...the Ice Staff, I like the addition of a magicka tanking weapon, but I feel the heavy attack(which I have grown to appreciate) needs to be faster and more tanking-specific abilities added. Honestly the Ice staff should be a DPS weapon and a new staff(or wand, whatever) added with skills specific for tanking...a weapon skill root for example...if you are a nightblade or a templar as an example, you don't have access to a decent root

One thing I would like to see more of is more group utility, a tank should be more than a meat shield that provides a few buffs and debuffs...tanking sets that offer real group support would be nice...as well as more skills with a focus on the group as opposed to just the tank. I don't want to sit there perma-blocking, I used to spam shields for the group(and still do) but that didnt fit your definition of what a tank should do, so you nerfed my build into the ground(which I had been playing long before it was meta), I want group content to actually WANT to have a tank, rather than the tank being optional as it is in most content.

PS. More small group content too. Trials are meh, give me more 4-6 person dungeons, and longer dungeons with more risk and reward.
    Edited by josiahva on February 22, 2018 8:18PM