The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Tanking Feedback Thread

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " 2. What do you like least about tanking in ESO?"

@Wrobel , do you see anyone in here wanting a nerf to bracing?

@Personofsecrets - The interesting thing for me is that it is seeming that Medium Armor + Shuffle/Mirage + Dodging will generally be better than blocking in most circumstances, apart from PvE scenarios where you need to tank, or in the moments you need to block a meteor or RD in pvp. I'm actually personally thinking some of the new trait stones on Medium will be better for tanking. I haven't sat down and mucked with the mathematics on it, and honestly I don't have the access or time to really do it right now, but is my cursory assessment here wrong?

This is exactly my reasoning.
    When DB comes live, I'll be revamping my sorc tank into medium Armor Master + 1H&S.
    I won't miss any of the HA passives, and will gladly embrace my higher damage, lower dodge roll costs, stam regen etc.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Personofsecrets - The interesting thing for me is that it is seeming that Medium Armor + Shuffle/Mirage + Dodging will generally be better than blocking in most circumstances, apart from PvE scenarios where you need to tank, or in the moments you need to block a meteor or RD in pvp. I'm actually personally thinking some of the new trait stones on Medium will be better for tanking. I haven't sat down and mucked with the mathematics on it, and honestly I don't have the access or time to really do it right now, but is my cursory assessment here wrong?

I was thinking that for stam tanks. Not sure about magicka tanks tho. Light just may not have the resist for it.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I was thinking that for stam tanks. Not sure about magicka tanks tho. Light just may not have the resist for it.

Well, even if you go Undaunted 10 and Have 1L + 1H? I just don't know, I think it might just be doable.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    " - The combination of the Fortress and Bracing passive effects are something that I appreciate. I think that development really carefully considered block cost mitigation during its initial creation. It is frustrating that diminished returns severely affects this stat, but these two passives, and especially so in tandem, are what really make sword and board or heavy armor valuable." - Personofsecrets February 2016
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn , do you have any pull at all to prevent the removal of bracing?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before in other threads but I might as well put it here as I am using the tank point of view.

I love tanking, I tank with all four classes but I really wish there was a dual speccing in the game. As a tank I sacrifice a lot of damage in order to help protect my group. However, when I have the need to run around doing solo stuff, like new DLC, I switch my gear/attributes/CP around so I can be more effective in these parts. It gets tiring switching out all the time (and in-game gold) so that I can do solo stuff.

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before in other threads but I might as well put it here as I am using the tank point of view.

I love tanking, I tank with all four classes but I really wish there was a dual speccing in the game. As a tank I sacrifice a lot of damage in order to help protect my group. However, when I have the need to run around doing solo stuff, like new DLC, I switch my gear/attributes/CP around so I can be more effective in these parts. It gets tiring switching out all the time (and in-game gold) so that I can do solo stuff.

My complaint as well.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was/is easily doable by not investing much CP into reduce block cost.
    I simply slotted reduce block cost on my Jewelry enchantments.
    Magicka regen mundus. (mag DK tank)

I can easily switch from dps to tank with a simple click (addon).

If I want to be more effective as a dps, I simply have to take another mundus (usually Thief).

This won't be possible anymore with the removal of Bracing. Investing CP into block cost will be a must.
    Tanks are given no love.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have to pay 3000 gold every time I want to do something different. It really adds up @ZOS_Finn
    Don't tank

• Krozen
    Krozen
    ✭✭
    I understand that this is an official thread that may have already completed, but I have attempted the put together an Unofficial Tanking brainstorm/discussion thread. Please stay respectful and insightful as on this thread. Thank you.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/266160/game-balance-discussion-the-tank-role-and-tanking-experience/p1
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    Background; DK tank, have tanked for my little group of 3 friends all the way up to dinging VR16 about 2 weeks ago. Unlike a lot of those here, we are not terribly good, especially at dps, so have not succeeded with vCoA, and are 50:50 at best on Vet Darkshade. I also do partial or full PUG tanking in random dungeons fairly often, so I may be able to shed some perspective on tanking for more average players, versus some posters here who I think spend a lot of time with very good players in trials and such.

1. What do you like best about tanking in ESO?
    Helping the team achieve an objective, and making it faster and smoother for them to do so. Same rationale as a healer, but as a tank I'm even more involved in setting the pace of the group. Nobody is standing around getting bored, nobody is being rushed along before they recharge their pools or see where you are going. For that purpose, I don't care much about my individual dps, but see below for more.

2. What do you like least about tanking in ESO?
    Scenarios where the team goes slower because I am there (relative to having another dps along), rather than faster. A boss who does a few random strikes on others is ok, livens up the fight, but if I spend the whole fight chasing the boss around because they ignore taunts and are chasing the dps and healer, I'm largely dead weight in that fight. My contribution is Pierce, which is not terribly inspiring, and maybe some Igneous Armor spamming because I'm fortunate enough to be a DK. I can't contribute a heck of a lot to managing a spread out spawn of mobs, so if I can't do anything useful in a boss situation either , the team is going slower because I am there.

Part of this is tied to what has been mentioned before by others, that a tank can't easily switch between tanking and dps. My healer (my other main), a Templar, can literally swap a couple of skills and be a very noticeable dps contributor, enough so that she has been able to 'save' failing PUG dungeons. On my healer I've never had a team completely stall at a boss and end up disbanding after several tpks. That included one where the "tank" from group finder used exclusively heavy staff attacks from the rear of the party and a few self buffs. On my tank, I've had a stall and disband happen several times with PUGs, and these were normal dungeons, not vet. My group of friends originally stalled in several normal dungeons as we were leveling, we have improved and now we can do all of them reliably and only stall in a couple of the harder vet dungeons due to lack of group dps.

3. What is your favorite encounter to tank?
    High Kinlord Rilis for the gold key is a good one, as it requires actually positioning mobs away from the boss, then with the boss, so it makes use of the ability of tanks to force melee critters at least to move to where it helps the team. Other bosses like Wavecutter where a tank is needed to interrupt a boss, or face a cone away from the group, and so on. This lets others do their jobs better, and makes the group more efficient.

4. What is your least favorite encounter to tank?
    Vet Darkshade boss has been mentioned, other problems are a couple of normal Vollenfell bosses and a few others I don't recall who ignore taunts. Then I am poor dps, even worse because of having to chase the boss, who is chasing a kiting dps or healer. The last boss of normal Selene's Web and normal Blackheart Haven are also problems for tanking, as adds spawn at range who stay at range, Chains is too magika-expensive to pull in all the adds, Inner Fire is too expensive to taunt all the adds, and finally the boss runs around and gets mixed in with the adds so it is hard to target him/her. Obviously this is not a problem for high dps teams, but I'm providing the perspective of, from what I can tell, more "average" dps teams.

5. Of the tools you have for tanking, which is your favorite?
    Eruption - can pull the melee mobs in a spawn into the slow field, they are pre-aggroed because of the damage, then use Talons, mixed with Chains. This combo is good enough that my friend with a VR16 NB tank has dropped tanking on him and is now leveling up a DK tank from level 7. A tank that can't even do something like this has even less of a role in the 2/3 of dungeons that are trash mobs, or even bosses with lots of adds. Consider putting some set of slow/immobilize and single target pull into either Fighters Guild or Undaunted (Webs may work, I haven't used it since I have an in-class slow) so that non-DK tanks can do this. Templars in particular don't have much spawn CC.

Caltrops is not really a good substitute for Eruption, as it requires a fair amount of PvP to get. Tanks probably accumulate APs slower than any other build in PvP, and people who try to build "tough tanks" probably get a rude surprise the first time they venture into PvP and get ganked in 3 seconds rather than the 2 it would take to kill a non tank build.

The other tools I like are Igneous Shield and Igneous Weapon. Notice the connection to helping the team go more smoothly, defensive and offensive team buffs. Yes, leet teams run perma potions and don't need Igneous Weapons, but that is not the norm for PUGs. I've saved teammates on several occasions by giving them a shield when I was anticipating a big AoE. Giving this team buff functionality to other archetypes, especially something defensive, would be nice too, or maybe give it to Sword and Shield. Vigor suffers from the same problem as Caltrops, it requires PvP to get.

6. Of the tools you have for tanking, which would you like to see improved the most?
    I suggest cutting the magicka cost for Chains and for Inner Fire some, they are pricy enough for low damage, single target skills that it is hard to use them on mobs that stay ranged, especially for ones like in Blackheart Haven where they spawn ranged and stay ranged. As a tank, I can't dps them down, if I can't manage their position at all without completely running out of resources, I'm edging back towards that "the team goes faster with another dps than you" situation I don't enjoy. If you need to cut the damage, go ahead, the player who is using these skills is making a trade off he has already decided on by making and playing a tank instead of a dps. If a positioning tool costs as much resources as a dps tool, he might as well dps the target, and then he might as well build a dps instead of a tank to do it even better. . .

I also agree that the indicator that a mob is taunted is near invisible, I'd never seen it or heard there was one, I use an add on.
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    Short and simple.

• How interactive you have to be.
    • How challenging it can be.

• The fact that a dps could do my job.

• HM Serpent. The fact is so much is going on and if you are not completely in focused, your slip ups could be fatal.

• Any fight that doesn't have an aggro system. ie The Planar Inhibitor

• H. Armor and S&B Passives (Pls stop messing with them)

6. Of the tools you have for tanking, which would you like to see improved the most?
    • Inner Fire have a morph for a taunt AoE effect with a ground/floor target system like Ash Cloud.
    Edited by Petros on May 23, 2016 8:50PM
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. What do you like best about tanking in ESO? the challenge it poses re: resource management, npc/ad management. and tbh the fact that i get to take control in the dungeons/trials regarding pace, boss positioning

2. What do you like least about tanking in ESO? the fact that every dps in the game considers themself an expert on tanking and just loves telling you what to do (even though they are talking rubbish) i wish that xbox had a way to display damage mitigated at the end of a boss fight - so we can 'proove' our worth

3. What is your favorite encounter to tank? my first ever dungeon as a tank was city of ash, i had a good team with me, but on the final boss the healer & 1 dps went down, (boss was almost at execute stage)
    with the boss 'agro'd' on me, i quick resed the healer (gotta love those templar res times) ran over to the dps & quick resed him (ensuring i maintained agro) while the 2nd dps continued to bombard him overload. we pulled it bk & i dropped the helm ;) (with part v15 blue gear mind as i hadnt settled on a 2nd set)

4. What is your least favorite encounter to tank? being screamed at on the last boss in in AA (again at execute stage)
    because when the entire team (apart from me & a sorc dps with overload) wiped, i said you overload i heal & dropped my templar ultimate - admittedly not the best heal cause of my build - but it was all i had,
    so the sorc started spamming mutegen, instead of DPSing, they quickly died,
    and i stood there for a good 40sec throwing what i could at her (puncture, light/heavy attacks shield bash - keeping sunshield up)
    apparently the fact that we wiped was my fault because i didnt do enough DPS!

5. Of the tools you have for tanking, which is your favorite? templar rune, puncture, warhorn, repentance

6. Of the tools you have for tanking, which would you like to see improved the most? undaunted taunt, i would like it to taunt multiple targets, maybe 3 or 4 or introduce an undaunted utimate 1 morph that is an aoe taunt, 1 morph for healers, (i also have a healer)
    Edited by bebynnag on July 2, 2016 6:38PM
  • WhereAreMyPills

I really like that there is an established history of the tanking role in the community and would like to preserve it. There are certain aspects of tanking that should be enshrined, either formally or informally. Tanks know the fights - they should take the time to teach newcomers how the fights work and what to expect. They are responsible for taking the hits and keeping the DPS/Healer(s) safe.

Resource management - the nerf to permablocking was pretty devastating. I don't disagree with it, but I find resource management in general has become progressively more difficult throughout the development of patches since IC.

What this has done is made an elitism towards the healers in the game. Since the current tanking meta doesn't allow for stam regen while blocking, we rely on a templar healer for shards, repentence, etc. In the event where we don't get a templar healer, we have to rely on our own skills or pots for stam (e.g. - DKs have earthen heart ability spam for active regen, Sorcs have dark deal, NBs have Siphon Attacks, and Templars... might be SOL on that one I can't recall rn).

So, 'good' tanks are then 'gently persuaded' to have an inferior opinion of any non-templar healer because of the structure of the skillsets.

This should be taken into account in the event that devs look into class specialisation. I'm not saying make all classes the same (e.g. - what was done with expert hunter and its morphs to match magelight) - I'm saying make comparable skillsets that support more varied healer builds in endgame and trial environments.

Veteran AA with 4 Axes. It's such a great challenge. That said, it's pretty crazy that there is an encounter that is so divided. One healer is healing an entire group of 9 and then the other is healing the tank exclusively.

I can't say that there is one. I love tanking.

Ult gen and cost reduction sets (Tavas, Dragon, Bloodspawn, Potentates, etc.). Warhorn is a great skill.

There is currently no AOE aggro. This should really be reconsidered. Despite this being 'by design', many tanks, myself included, still pick up the whole room or close to it - we just have to use multiple single-target skills to do so (which drains resources). If we had one AOE taunt, this might offset the need for improvements on resource management (NB - I understand that this would require an up-front investment of resources to hold a higher volume of initial attacks, but the point remains.

Tanking is fun, but it needs some love.

Thoryn Shurimar - DunmerAltmer Sorceror - DPS
    Thagond Gadothren - Dunmer Dragonknight - DPS
    Borkul gro-NulghaHeem-Tei Xernes - OrsimerArgonian Templar - Tank
    Ravarengore Highbinder - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Cielus LusierreChesoh-Ja Xerclesh - BretonArgonian Templar - Healer
    Desilius AmprecusHan-Shei Caetius - ImperialArgonian Dragonknight - Tank
    Jab'il Drokhanmin - Khajiit Nightblade - DPS
    Tar-Kai Caelus - Argonian Nightblade - Tank
    Priscilla gra-UgorSorni Boornun - OrsimerRedguard Stamina Sorceror - Node Farmer/Meh DPS
    Arinian LoraethaireWeebam-Kiurz Mereesar - AltmerArgonian Sorceror - Sorcplar
    Shoha Sarahirn - Khajiit Dragonknight - DPS
    Do'kothre Tovikdawihn - Khajiit Templar - DPS
    Hatlius Lenconis - Breton Templar - DPS
    Gah-Nur Andronaresh - Argonian Warden - Tank/Healer
    Naeano Kaethius - Bosmer Warden - DPS
    Aicareanaro Silinfaire - Altmer Warden - DPS
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭

The different ways to tank the exact same content someone would tank differently. Always fun looking at other ways to come up with the same result

Anyone would be tempted to say the lack of group taunt, but I think this makes for a more realistic environment, anyone who would see someone in full plate with a huge shield would rather want to hit the person behind in cloth or the one hurting him bad rather than the person who seems the most tough unless directly threatened by him. So I don`t dislike anything for tanking in this game

Other players.... oh man this is the funniest thing there is in the game!

Other players.... there is always that one who will spam roots and snares and do nothing else to let other people zerg you down....

Self healing baby! 60k HP Nightblade pulling 25-30k Heals per second. And that will go up to 70k HP next patch! Thank you ZOS for continuing on buffing my tank every patch!

Taunt ability changed to a threat level system. Too many times in trials the off-tank will go and taunt a boss he shouldn`t have and lock that boss on him for the taunt duration and sometimes even longer because it bugged out. I`d really like to see the taunt abilities changed and have a threat level system implemented in the game that would basically be based on the damage the mob receives as well as the support players give to others, and of course taunt abilities would be changed to threat generate ability. Not only would that help in tank swaps during fights but would also be a lot more harder and realistic to keep the targets on you. I`d really love to see tanking in this game become a hard thing to do, because right now it`s a real joke. I run any 4-men vet content( latest group dungeons included) with only 2. My tank and my friend DPS.

Also off-topic, this isn`t for tanks, but rather the whole normal dungeon difficulty level... You need to look into making 4-men content REAL 4-men content. I solo every single normal group dungeons at the minimum and even lower. When we reach vet level it`s a bit harder to solo the normal dungeons because the mobs have more hp and hit stronger so that`s cool, but you should do that for non-vet level normal dungeons too. Instead I noticed you made group mobs squishier and easier to kill.... it`s a real shame :(

I want to be challenged in PvE!

Edited by Vrathak on September 19, 2016 8:31PM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC player prefer vet trials or the 4 harder pledges.

1. The responsibility you have for your group, the options in different sets for different occasions and feeling hard as... i slim in woolen armour IRL

2. The responsibility you have for your group :wink: ... and when instance bugs out so you need to taunt 4 times to keep boss under and block may also suddenly drop, i end up getting blame and people won't believe it's bug not me.

3. The Warrior in Hel Ra or if I in low dps group last boss in Banished Cells with 8 daedroth chasing me around.

4. Axes in Aetherian archive. Need practice.

5. I loved spamming blazing shield and bone shield as a nord templar tank and never blocking but i wanted to move on to harder content. As a nord stam dk my bar is pretty basic standard stuff but i like to go werewolf hide, hist/tavas with bloodspawn so the healer doesnt have to worry about shards and i can keep spamming agressive warhorns or magma shell in times of need. Alkosh is pretty useful but personally i think a stam dd with nightmothers or off-tank with ebon should be running it as a group buffer.

6. Blazing Shield - was only nerfed for PvP reasons. Magma shell having a wider radius. DK standards buffing whole group like Novas. Earthen heart passive restoring a bit more stam. What i would love to see is werewolves having a taunt morph of 1 of their skills maybe howl or roar.

All in all tanking in this game is fun but its a bit of a perma-block fest.

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact I have a active roll that is, or is supposed to be, vital for a team to survive, and requires a different patern of thinking than DPS. Resource management is a theme you do not see very often, and I love that ESO fleshes it out.

The fact I am usually shoehorned into specific abilities/class setups to be able to tank, not just compete, at high level group play. The style of tanking I prefer is all but actively discouraged. There seems like there is no personality, nor spec variety that DPS enjoy. DPS can be ranged, melee, Stamina, Magicka, Burst, Sustain....with tanks, you do it the right way or you wipe.

Vila Theran. The style of tank I prefer is a support/healtank, and that shines in healer intensive fights where the healer needs a helping hand. Vila Theran is the definition of this style of fight.

Velindreth. Velindreth is everything I hate about tanking. Instant death attacks you must block, with only a seconds-long window, mechanics that directly affect resource management that you sometimes have no control over, Armorbreaks without communication, and to top it all off, an overdrawn marathon of a fight that just feels like saying "You can do something hard? Cool. Now do it in rapid succession 30 times or I'll hurt you."

Self healing. Healtanks, which templars and Nightblades can both be, are my favorite type of tank, giving one an autonomy and unique skillset and active, rotation driven gameplay that I enjoy.

Healtanking. At the moment, only nightblade Saptanking is viable at endgame level. Templar tanks, the only other tank capable of it, underperforms and is required to do the same, block based style that quite frankly I find mind numbing. The day this style becomes unviable at anything, is the day I leave this game forever.
  • VamppireGhost
    VamppireGhost
    ✭✭
    Need AOE an PvP Taunt.....nuff said.
    "What a fool you are. I'm a god. How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. No Recall or Intervention can work in this place. Come. Lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy."
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How would a pvp taunt work? I just can't see how they'd implement it. You can't force human players to attack you like you can with AI

I don't think an AOE taunt is needed. Would make tanking a bit too easy in my opinion.
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    in pvp a taunt usually works as a damage reduction if you attack anyone else besides the taunter.
  • Rockndude
    Rockndude
    I only have one comment for this as a tank. Please make Maelstrom sword and board its own separate 2 piece set and worth using as a tank. Right now they are only good for deconstructing and research. Thank you!
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Need Aoe taunt = git gud
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem i see with tanking. You cant really take a Stamina build and become a great tank only by switching to 1HS? You pretty much have to respec your points to more health, which is not very useful in regular PvE questing.They should buff stamina based tanking abilities, so that Higher Stamina can make up for the lack of health, and you could still prevail as a tank, so that you can keep you tanking skills on the Back bar even if you're specced Stamina. OR, make a new skill line where Health is the modifier for the skills, so that a character specced for high health tanking can do decent amount of damage in regular PvE questing scenario.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't put any points into health. Just enchant gear with as much health as you need. For vet dungeons like 25k is enough honestly. Just swap your gear around. The main issue is champion points.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 12, 2017 10:20AM
  • HouLiGaN
    HouLiGaN
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Calling all Tanks!

The Dungeon and Gameplay teams would love to get some feedback from all of you damage sponge, block mastering, mitigation kings out there. This thread is going to mainly cover PvE encounters specifically in group dungeons or Trials. If you like to play a tank in ESO and want to have your voice heard, or you don't and want us to know why, please answer the following questions. Please make sure you mention if you primarily play on console or PC.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We look forward to hearing what you have to say!

• HouLiGaN
    HouLiGaN
    ✭✭✭
    6. Please fix Ebon buff for S&B when we swap bars so our group members don't drop 1k health. I don't know if it's intended to be like so, but if it's not PLEASE FIX, I've had Ebon S&B back when the shields where no where to be found. I don't know if I should delete them etc, If this problem could get resolved our set ups will be way more flexible. I have so many sets etc for my tank, but when I always start to theory craft in some way or the other when Ebon pops up, it becomes a problem.
    Don't get me wrong I have tanked many content with different set ups, not needing the S&B, but it would be amazing to have the feature available to us.

Also, in champion points, In heavy armor focus, I keep on having disagreements with other tanks if it's worth putting points in. In my POV I believe it is worth to have around 20 inside now with the new 600Cap. But it would make more sense if we get more out of each Champion Point. I wouldn't mention this TBH, since I will still have my 20 in there no matter what :smile:

Other then these 2 above Everything else is amazing :) !!! Love tanking. It is a skillful role, many players underestimate, love it when a DD swaps to tank char and gets 1 shoted. It's just totally amusing to see such an over egoistic player get rekt!
    Edited by HouLiGaN on February 27, 2017 6:53AM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HouLiGaN wrote: »
    6. Please fix Ebon buff for S&B when we swap bars so our group members don't drop 1k health. I don't know if it's intended to be like so, but if it's not PLEASE FIX, I've had Ebon S&B back when the shields where no where to be found. I don't know if I should delete them etc, If this problem could get resolved our set ups will be way more flexible. I have so many sets etc for my tank, but when I always start to theory craft in some way or the other when Ebon pops up, it becomes a problem.
    Don't get me wrong I have tanked many content with different set ups, not needing the S&B, but it would be amazing to have the feature available to us.

Also, in champion points, In heavy armor focus, I keep on having disagreements with other tanks if it's worth putting points in. In my POV I believe it is worth to have around 20 inside now with the new 600Cap. But it would make more sense if we get more out of each Champion Point. I wouldn't mention this TBH, since I will still have my 20 in there no matter what :smile:

Other then these 2 above Everything else is amazing :) !!! Love tanking. It is a skillful role, many players underestimate, love it when a DD swaps to tank char and gets 1 shoted. It's just totally amusing to see such an over egoistic player get rekt!

This Ebon bug is already fixed.

Now they just need to fix the bar swap dropping block bug.
    Edited by Dubhliam on February 28, 2017 10:02AM
  • Feedinginsanity
    I know that this is PvE, but I just wanted to say that tanking just got extremely hardcore. I think this guy blocked me because I messaged him calling him irritating in a joking way, and then I asked him to tank a dungeon for me and then he never responded...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uz7M15Psgw

Best tank on PS4 NA right now. He can withstand 15 people attacking him, and a destruction staff ultimate at once. If you see this player in Scourge on this platform, just leave him alone. You're not going to kill him, and he will just ignore you if you just pass by him.
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

Actually no, it's not. At least not on console. Ran across it tanking nMoL last Sunday.

(XBNA)
    Edited by GreatGildersleeve on March 9, 2017 12:18AM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »

Actually no, it's not. At least not on console. Ran across it tanking nMoL last Sunday.

(XBNA)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3765330/#Comment_3765330
    Fixed an issue with the various aura/ball sets (Ebony Armory, Hircine’s Veneer, Worm’s Raiment, and Sanctuary) where they were not applying their bonuses correctly if you weapon swapped while using weapons of those sets.
    This is from the Homestead patch notes.
    I tested it, and it was fixed.
    I will test once again to make sure.