Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MAGBLADE pvp theorycrafting

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @Exodium a heavy amount depends on the skill of the people you are fighting. I've easily taken on 3-4 bads

I'm not logged on right now so I don't know off the top how long minor maim last when it's placed from fear or shade
    I don't have shade on my bar b/c I got use to not having it & im not going to waste resources fearing when they have cc immunity.

I do have a straight damage 2h/resto build but I'm not sure if I want to mention it. I will say I've pushed out imo what is the maximum amount of damage as possible for a 2h build & my assassin's will was critting on mobs for over 42k & im not even sure if all my buffs were up.

The problem with straight damage is there is some type of diminishing returns, where you won't be able to 1 shot people like stamina builds can; it's more like 2-3 shot at best.

Last I tested fear only applies the snare or the maim to targets that get CC’ed. It also has an RNG element to determine who to CC when multiple opponents are present and does not prioritize non-CC immune opponents. As a result the maim that it applies has low uptime in outnumbered scenarios. This is also why a sorc using streak is a much more efficient way to CC any number of opponents greater than 2.

Imo, Mass Hysteria is a rather poor skill right now and the other morph is outright superior given the way that NB is played. Even perma blockers have to drop block to deal with kiting, which even a melee NB does to some extent.

I've never actually seen the other morph being used. What's it look like? Is there an animation or is it a trap on the floor? I've literally never seen it or tried it lol

the othe rmorph places 2 runes on the ground. 1 on your mouse cursur and 1 under your feet. after 3 secs of arming each rune can fear up to 5 ppl...

pretty cool in group pvp
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wth, I might as well share the knowledge.
    However everyone reading this better give me credit!
    The maximum amount of magic damage I could come up with, specifically without weaving although maybe with as well since I didn't test
    that part, is...
    Sharp weapon, lover mundus, 5 light & 2 heavy spinner with medusa, 1 kena & spell damage enchants; good luck sustaining though ;)
    You need siphoning strikes for sure!
    Don't forget to front bar inner light!

I'm bad at explaining things & math is hard so here's a post by asayer who goes into it a bit:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/359916/mundus-trait-and-cp-optimisation-for-pve-damage-dealers

You need medusa jewelry and heavy chest & legs/weapon gl farming.

The idea behind this build is to stay offense, you don't want to waste time casting skills like Mark or elemental drain when you could be killing your opponent; you have to be fast and empowering from stealth helps. You stun with a concealed & then incap, keep buffs up this is not a duel build as you will lose. Kill & vanish.

Sure going with apprentice Mundus helps Backbar healing but that's not the point the point is to kill quickly! The best Mundus that takes advantage of that is lover for the spell penetration.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've duelled some players that were using the other morph of fear on my magblade during the past month or so, and I literally never got stunned by it. They might've not known how to use it though, so that's that hahaha.

I actually dropped riposte last night and went shackle/necro again, and yo be frank I haven't even felt the difference between riposte and no riposte now that shade is working. The main reason I was using riposte was due to shade not working turning me into a shieldstacking turtle, but now...

I'll swap to my sorc build later on, I feel like 18.4k stam would work wonders on magblade, especially with much easier nightblade sustain.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    @Exodium a heavy amount depends on the skill of the people you are fighting. I've easily taken on 3-4 bads

I'm not logged on right now so I don't know off the top how long minor maim last when it's placed from fear or shade
    I don't have shade on my bar b/c I got use to not having it & im not going to waste resources fearing when they have cc immunity.

I do have a straight damage 2h/resto build but I'm not sure if I want to mention it. I will say I've pushed out imo what is the maximum amount of damage as possible for a 2h build & my assassin's will was critting on mobs for over 42k & im not even sure if all my buffs were up.

The problem with straight damage is there is some type of diminishing returns, where you won't be able to 1 shot people like stamina builds can; it's more like 2-3 shot at best.

Last I tested fear only applies the snare or the maim to targets that get CC’ed. It also has an RNG element to determine who to CC when multiple opponents are present and does not prioritize non-CC immune opponents. As a result the maim that it applies has low uptime in outnumbered scenarios. This is also why a sorc using streak is a much more efficient way to CC any number of opponents greater than 2.

Imo, Mass Hysteria is a rather poor skill right now and the other morph is outright superior given the way that NB is played. Even perma blockers have to drop block to deal with kiting, which even a melee NB does to some extent.

I've never actually seen the other morph being used. What's it look like? Is there an animation or is it a trap on the floor? I've literally never seen it or tried it lol

Its like a ghost comes up and fears you. It's actually really trolly if you leave it near your shade. Teleport back and the good player knows what you're up to and gapclose into the trap.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you all liking the new Assassins Will? I had so much trouble with it yesterday. Light attack weaves generating the stacks feel way more clunky and while I am kiting around and cloaking, if I just started the buff, it seemed like it wanted to fall off if I wasn't getting hit or attacking.

Also; how do you feel about impale? I have been running it and it throws up pretty numbers when it hits at 25% health or below but does doing 10-15k damage on a target who only has 5k left really worthwhile? I suppose maybe if they have healing ward popped but Im debating it. Such a small window for the execute.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    I've duelled some players that were using the other morph of fear on my magblade during the past month or so, and I literally never got stunned by it. They might've not known how to use it though, so that's that hahaha.

I actually dropped riposte last night and went shackle/necro again, and yo be frank I haven't even felt the difference between riposte and no riposte now that shade is working. The main reason I was using riposte was due to shade not working turning me into a shieldstacking turtle, but now...

I'll swap to my sorc build later on, I feel like 18.4k stam would work wonders on magblade, especially with much easier nightblade sustain.

You just camp it like a sorc would mines or a stam build would rearming trap.

The shade trick works as well. Honestly, I’m duels mass Hysteria is probably better, but open world, the ability to control LoS with the traps is too much stronger than the 2x point blank CC imo
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the trap morph for a bit in open world pvp and didn't like it. When i need cc, i usually need it now and not 3 seconds later or when the enemy finally decides to step into my trap (which can never be predicted 100% reliable). It might have its use as area control ability in addition to an on demand cc skill, but i don't have enough bar space for multiple cc skills, so i clearly prefer Mass Hysteria,
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use fear trap on both my bowblade & melee magblade - after you get used to it you'll never want to swap back to the morph that fears only two targets & triggers GCD when you need to burst down your opponent.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we just settle that it's called "spooky trap?"
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

BRB buying a name change token
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Adenoma wrote: »

BRB buying a name change token

Not if I get there first, new toon name spooky trap <The Chicken>

Love how zos let me change my dead guild name to "the chicken"
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Also; how do you feel about impale? I have been running it and it throws up pretty numbers when it hits at 25% health or below but does doing 10-15k damage on a target who only has 5k left really worthwhile? I suppose maybe if they have healing ward popped but Im debating it. Such a small window for the execute.

Not worth the slot is the general consensus. It's a shame, it's a really nice skill to have for finishing off those slippery types who will heal up to full if you give them half a second without pressure, but magblade already has over-crowded bars.

I made a comment on a stamblade Youtube video saying "Man, I wish my magblade had access to a skill like Executioner..." but it went right over people's heads. If I had a 50% execute I would win most fights in approximately 2 seconds :disappointed:
    How are you all liking the new Assassins Will? I had so much trouble with it yesterday. Light attack weaves generating the stacks feel way more clunky and while I am kiting around and cloaking, if I just started the buff, it seemed like it wanted to fall off if I wasn't getting hit or attacking.

With one hand ZOS giveth, with the other, it taketh away...

Not losing your stacks makes it way easier to manage during a fight, but the fact you lose your proc if the target dies or disengages is super BS.

Edited by Vermintide on February 15, 2018 5:37PM
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdTerra wrote: »
    EdTerra wrote: »
    I still stand by my build.
    War maiden, wizards riposte, 1 domi, 1 shadowrend (can easily swap for 2 grothdar or 1 pirate 1 chudan situationally)

2h/resto 5 light, 1, 1
    Jewelry enchants: 1reduce cost, 1recovery, 1sp dmg

IMO if you need so many regen/reduc on u'r jewels, better go amberplasm instead of maiden and full spell damage jewels, more damage and it's even better for you'r full heal build ><

Amberplasm is not a good 1 bar set though.

I don't think I'll change much on my builds either though, shackle/necro/domi and riposte/shackle/vMA resto/domi are the ones I like the most atm so I'll stick with them.

I was talking about his build, he have 5 healing bonus (forward/path/sap/healing ward/light's champion)

maiden only increase damage and he seem to need regen with his jewels glyphs, so basically he have only 129+173 spell damage for his defensive skills
    amberplasm give same stats but huge regen instead of damage, but he can change his 2 regen jewels for 2 spell damage glyph
    so he would have 129+(173*3) spell damage for his offensive AND defensive skills
    also more healing = less spam defensive skills, maybe he will be able to use kena or 1 max mag monster helm instead of shadowrend only with that change

I see only benefits for him to play this way, that's all

also amber in 1 bar can be used with willpower + 2(or 2*1) monster sets for the 5/1/1 bonus, similar to necro with shadow and better than maiden because you would be in 6/1/0

I agree that amberplasm is a good set and I know how it works, but the guy was running maiden/riposte and 2 monster sets. You can't replace anything in there with amber without either having it on one bar or dropping a monster set piece.

So basically if you wanna go 5/5/2 like the guy in question, amberplasm is a bad choice. Amberplasm is good for 5/2/3/1 or 5/5/1.

I’m testing amber+Lich with vma resto and 1 domi for no-CP

Aye that might be strong, amber is most definitely better than shackle in noCP imo. I'll probably go amber/riposte/domi/vMA resto for my noCP build as well. Or maybe lich instead of riposte if sustain is really that bad, I haven't played noCP in quite a while so I don't know hahaha.

Imo, even though technically Riposte gets better in no CP, it's less useful as the defense provided maybe over kill, especially when talking about a build as strong as mNB.

You'll probably have more success with Lich.

Riposte is only overkill 1v1 against bads
    If you fight against 3+ bads or have at least 1 good player you're going against; it's well worth it.

You are spending too much time theory crafting and not enough time raiding with Fantasia homie. lol
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll be weaving anyway and it gives 8% extra dmg plus a very hard hitting proc.
    Impale is alright for battlegrounds.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll be weaving anyway and it gives 8% extra dmg plus a very hard hitting proc.

Yeah; I wouldn't consider taking Will off. Was just curious if others were having the issue or if it was just me.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah; I wouldn't consider taking Will off. Was just curious if others were having the issue or if it was just me.

So assassins will is very finicky because changing targets will sometimes act as though you "went out of combat" & the icon will change back, then when you start attacking it realizes "oh you weren't out of combat for x duration" & changes the icon back to proc mode.
    This changing of icons is a large problem with this skill & should be removed. It SHOULD work the same way crystal frags does & just glow or highlight the icon on proc.
    @ZOS_EricWrobel
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Guys sersous question here.

After 8 scalecaller runs i found a caluurions destro, still no 1h or 2h sword.

My question now. Would this set also work on a range magblade?
    If yes would u rather go caluurions front, lich back and 2 skoria or caluurions + amber/shackle and 1 domi?

Plz help :smiley:
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing holding me back from using my magblade more is having to use pots all the time for the 20% damage. Hate it.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

If yes would u rather go caluurions front, lich back and 2 skoria or caluurions + amber/shackle and 1 domi?

Not as much but you can try it.
    It will proc but it has a long travel which is easy to dodge. The point of melee is so they aren't able to dodge the proc
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    The only thing holding me back from using my magblade more is having to use pots all the time for the 20% damage. Hate it.

Front bar inner light & use entropy if ranged or sap if melee
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    Self buffed:
    Screenshot_20180214_133245.png

Axes tho?

They only look like axes: P

Shackle, Maiden, 1 domi 1 groth?

You got one set correct, two to go! xD

Magblade is pretty fun...can't wait till I get better with it, got some builds I want to try.
    Edited by Akinos on February 16, 2018 7:11AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »

Not as much but you can try it.
    It will proc but it has a long travel which is easy to dodge. The point of melee is so they aren't able to dodge the proc
    Yes thats true. Since im only playing no cp it coul be still strong. ill try it
  • Carelxss
    Carelxss
    Has anyone tried mechanical acuity or caluurions legacy on mageblade?
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carelxss wrote: »
    Has anyone tried mechanical acuity or caluurions legacy on mageblade?

Caliurion + zaan + defensive set, s&b/destro.

It's as cancer as you could ever be, 10 times worse than a viper proctard. Zaan is absolutely broken in 1v1.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caluurion+Spinner's & Kena+Domi gankblade <3
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

as I dropped to first parts Caluurion had the same thoughts^^
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is caluurion that good for ganking though? From what I've experiencing dueling absolute cancer both on the duel spot and in cyro, it has a telegraph that basically doesn't allow it to proc in an instakill combo.

I might be mistaken, but either way mag proc sets are extremely cancer.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is caluurion that good for ganking though? From what I've experiencing dueling absolute cancer both on the duel spot and in cyro, it has a telegraph that basically doesn't allow it to proc in an instakill combo.

Cloak/Stealth->Lotus Fan(Proc triggers)+Concealed Weapon(Stun, Proc lands)->Assassin's Will

Don't even need an ultimate to burst most people :P
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak/Stealth->Lotus Fan(Proc triggers)+Concealed Weapon(Stun, Proc lands)->Assassin's Will

Do you need to have an mlg <100 ping in order to pull off the leap > concealed stun? I never actually played any sort of melee nightblade builds (except for when I played meta heavy stamblade a while back).
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you need to have an mlg <100 ping in order to pull off the leap > concealed stun? I never actually played any sort of melee nightblade builds (except for when I played meta heavy stamblade a while back).

Not really, but you do need a target that doesn't have AoE below them or Volatile Armor up (both tend to break cloak before you can land Concealed).