The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will have nothing to do with the crown store from now on.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    orim wrote: »
    is there at least one free slot for all chars?

@orim Yes each character gets 1 free slot. That means to change outfits you must go find an outfit station and pay gold (or an outfit token) to change it. You can't have multiple outfits to toggle on the go.

Wait ... once you've made a costume you can't switch back and forth to and from it without an outfit station?

Actually, you can. But only if you have more than one outfit slot. Which will cost you 1500 crowns...
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I was mad to see it's not account wide. It says nothing of the sort on the store page. I wasted 1500 crowns on an alt I don't need the outfit on.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 20 characters (2 accounts) and was excited about making 3 or 4 different outfits for each of them.

Joke’s on me. I’m afraid to even do the arithmetic for how much that would cost.

Oh well. Back to costumes and those really cheap disguises.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should really be account wide :(
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaGhostDS wrote: »
    Either drop the price to 500 crown or make it account-wide, this is absurd.

it is account wide

It is not.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 20 characters (2 accounts) and was excited about making 3 or 4 different outfits for each of them.

Joke’s on me. I’m afraid to even do the arithmetic for how much that would cost.

600+ USD
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did the math for you. 120,000 crowns.

I don't know how many total outfit slots there are, I thought I read 8 10 that you can buy. That would cost 180,000 225,000 crowns to max out a full account of characters. At the cheapest crown pack available, that's $1500

Edited number of slots and total cost.
    Edited by Soleya on February 12, 2018 9:22PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaye63 wrote: »
    I dont get it... you ask for fluff, you get fluff, and complain that it costs money. As I said earlier... If it were something you had to have to play the game, I would be on your side faster than a mongoose on a cobra. But it's fluff that doesnt change your ability to do everything in the game that is required to do the best at the game that you can. So your arguments about the cost is, to me, the same as a kid crying that he got dirty after begging to go outside for hours. Why ZOS continues to do things for people that continuously complain about it is beyond me.

I would REALLY prefer they just fixed things. All of this extra fluff you keep asking for is causing bugs in the game that are making it a chore to play. Like Crashing on logout or quit. Like graphic shredding. Like getting hammered through a wall. Like incredibly annoying stuck spots. And I could go on and on. Whining about fluff when there is so much to fix is (insert superlative here).

Nobody complains about the fact that it costs crowns to get a new, 2nd slot and it's only for that character. It was known since the annoncement of the feature. However the price for that slot was not even mentioned - and right now we see that price and still don't believe for our eyes, because it's higher than the most pessimistic guess was.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you actually wear the same clothes every single day until they're destroyed, then throw them away, go to the shop to buy new ones, and so on ?
    That's what one slot only forces you to do : go to the shop and buy new stuff each time you want to change.
    Yes

Lol, you never wash them either ?

Lmao! I actually came up with an elaborate story about how once every 3 days I jump into the community pool with my clothes on.

The added benefit of which is it has bleached them white, and luckily it's before November!

:lol:
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao. Just when you think ZoS couldn't sink much further with the price of *** in this game, they pull out yet another whopper. Well played I suppose. Thought they had hit rock bottom already. Seems I was wrong.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    You get one free slot for EVERY CHARACTER. Why would you want to buy more?

While I personally won’t. Like so many I just want to hide these crap monster shoulders. But Some might. The rp crowd seems to get into them a lot. But really it is personal choice. I suppose it is like asking someone who really enjoys the combat here, you have one bar for a weapon, why do you need 2!

I'm mean, considering what the crown store consists of in general, ZOS probably considers the RP crowd to be their primary cash cow.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 500 crowns overpriced.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    jaye63 wrote: »
    I dont get it... you ask for fluff, you get fluff, and complain that it costs money. As I said earlier... If it were something you had to have to play the game, I would be on your side faster than a mongoose on a cobra. But it's fluff that doesnt change your ability to do everything in the game that is required to do the best at the game that you can. So your arguments about the cost is, to me, the same as a kid crying that he got dirty after begging to go outside for hours. Why ZOS continues to do things for people that continuously complain about it is beyond me.

I would REALLY prefer they just fixed things. All of this extra fluff you keep asking for is causing bugs in the game that are making it a chore to play. Like Crashing on logout or quit. Like graphic shredding. Like getting hammered through a wall. Like incredibly annoying stuck spots. And I could go on and on. Whining about fluff when there is so much to fix is (insert superlative here).

Nobody complains about the fact that it costs crowns to get a new, 2nd slot and it's only for that character. It was known since the annoncement of the feature. However the price for that slot was not even mentioned - and right now we see that price and still don't believe for our eyes, because it's higher than the most pessimistic guess was.

I wouldn't even have bothered replying to him/her. the fact they think ZoS are doing US a favour by releasing CS fluff says more about what you're up against than anything you or I can conjure up.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »

I did the math for you. 120,000 crowns.

I don't know how many total outfit slots there are, I thought I read 8 that you can buy. That would cost 180,000 crowns to max out a full account of characters.

It's ten. 10 slots / character max. At that price, I even wonder why they bothered setting a max limit...
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 12, 2018 7:53PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because some of us want different outfit configurations for RP reasons or even just for the hell of it?

What's it to you? Why are you concerned with what I want? How is it your problem, in fact, why do you feel the need to come in here and try to shut people up?
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on February 12, 2018 7:54PM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember there were threads when outfit system was announced by people crying that if they were account wide, they wouldn't get as much out of it because they only play 1 character

I guess it worked

Well done, you can get your 1 outfit slot for your 1 char for 1500 crowns

I, on the otherhand, will not be spending a single penny, nor will my wife. I would have maxed out my outfit slots if they were account wide, dropping 10k+ crowns. But 1 slot per character? Yeah, I think I'm gonna pass. It's a no from me
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because some of us want different outfit configurations for RP reasons or even just for the hell of it?

What's it to you? Why are you concerned with what I want? How is it your problem, in fact, why do you feel the need to come in here and try to shut people up?

@Doctordarkspawn I may disagree with 99% of your posts, but this one I completely agree with
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a confusion between outfits and outfit slots. An outfit is created for a single character, and cannot be worn by another, unlike a costume. You get charged in game gold for the content of the outfit, with some pieces having no cost, and others considerable cost.

Slots are account-wide. The first is free, and the second (or later) costs 1,500 crowns. That adds a second slot to each of your characters, even ones you haven't created yet, because it's a slot, not an outfit. So now each character can make two outfits (each with its own price in gold) which only they can wear. Each one can swap between their own outfits, but not wear another character's outfit.

So someone who has two characters, and wants 3 changes of outfit for each one, buys 2 extra slots with crowns (first one is free), and spends gold six times to create them (with prices varying by content).

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For 3 outfits across 20 characters, it is only 90,000 Crowns. Remember, first slot is free!

Let's see. That is four (4) 21000 Crown packs and two (2) 3000 Crown packs... so ... call it $650.

Edit: Practically a steal! You couldn't buy a new car for anything close to that!
    Edited by Elsonso on February 12, 2018 8:02PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    There seems to be a confusion between outfits and outfit slots. An outfit is created for a single character, and cannot be worn by another, unlike a costume. You get charged in game gold for the content of the outfit, with some pieces having no cost, and others considerable cost.

Slots are account-wide. The first is free, and the second (or later) costs 1,500 crowns. That adds a second slot to each of your characters, even ones you haven't created yet, because it's a slot, not an outfit. So now each character can make two outfits (each with its own price in gold) which only they can wear. Each one can swap between their own outfits, but not wear another character's outfit.

So someone who has two characters, and wants 3 changes of outfit for each one, buys 2 extra slots with crowns (first one is free), and spends gold six times to create them (with prices varying by content).

Have you tested this yourself?
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26295

"Note that new Outfit Slots are not shared with the other characters on your account."
    Edited by Esha76 on February 12, 2018 8:10PM
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

Have you tested this yourself?

Inquiring minds want to know, since there has been no announcement that they changed this.

I think that this move is so unbelievable that people simply refuse to accept it.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 12, 2018 8:11PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    "1 slot should be enough" -Bill Gates
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »

600+ USD

Thanks! That’s considerably more than I spend on my own clothes.

• Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloody hell... Really ZoS?
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't it cost like a lot to keep an MMO running?
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

While I personally won’t. Like so many I just want to hide these crap monster shoulders. But Some might. The rp crowd seems to get into them a lot. But really it is personal choice. I suppose it is like asking someone who really enjoys the combat here, you have one bar for a weapon, why do you need 2!

I'm mean, considering what the crown store consists of in general, ZOS probably considers the RP crowd to be their primary cash cow.

It is something those pvp oriented people have managed to force on the rpers. I honestly would be ok if they started selling equipment. I don’t care about it much and I am tired of paying to get things I want in game. Just to be told by people I have to pay for it because it doesn’t matter.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't it cost like a lot to keep an MMO running? fund the lifestyle of shareholders and executive directors

Fixed that for ya.

Edited by Carbonised on February 12, 2018 8:19PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait for a crown sale, yo. 50% off makes it sound less bad.

lol this type of mentality is probably a contributing factor to crown item prices. Atifically inflate the price of items, then offer a half price sale on crowns and people think they're getting a good deal.

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS