The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the only feature in this DLC, which would have eventually taken my interest - the rest of the upgrade is meh. To me the high gold price for changing an outfit is already too high for good, but the crown price per slot and character is just insane. Luckily enough I have a lot of costumes and so this DLC has in the end nothing for me - just some nerfs of abilities.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. One month's sub worth of Crowns for one slot? Not really surprised, but it looks like I won't be using this functionality much after all.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    @1500 per slot it should be account wide, even at that price I wouldn't pay it. 1500 per slot per character is just pure blind greed.
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. One month's sub worth of Crowns for one slot? Not really surprised, but it looks like I won't be using this functionality much after all.

@WhiteCoatSyndrome

We need a battlecry like PAWS but for only using gold for this "free update" outfit system. Can't come up with anything myself right now, blood is still boiling.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    you dont think 300 bucks a year for the average player is a lot of money? thats basically 2-3 tripple a games including season pass and dlc / cash shop nonsense... and the server cost argument in 2018...LUL

300 bucks/year can be pennies to some people and a lot of money for others, depending on dozens of criteria.
    But if you put it in relation with the hours played, in 99% of cases it still appears to be a quite cheap leisure cost as compared to most other free time activities. Even walking outside that many hours would probably cost more a year - in shoes only.

Lol, " in shoes only" ; ) Good description.
    Depends on the person and that may indeed vary, a lot, and in shoes only :P!
    I buy 99% of my shoes and other outfits from flea market for a couple of euros, and walk a lot outside using them shoes, farm some of my own food, make arts and crafts for living and ...yes, play a couple of MMOs as a quite expensive (to me) hobby .
    Eso is not unaffordable but neither is it cheap leisure for me, though I can afford a sub and some additional crowns, so I care for how Zos monetizes it. And, this time I think they went well overboard. Ok I sound like an angry hippie shaking her fist with a flagon of red wine in the other. ...
    Wait; thats exatly what I am!
    And I am a part of the customer base that should be considered. Please do not keep giving us things like a carrot on a stick, for once in a while why not the whole carrot? Why not a fun cosmetic or quality of life update with no ----"wait, we want to milk you " feel? That might even bring in new players instead of shitstorms on the forums.
    Options
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

How is that even justified?....Wouldn't they make more money if it was cheaper? (aka people would buy it) I am not buying any at that price.

Yes. Yes they would. Their marketing and sales strategy is old school and one that a lot of businesses are moving away from, because it's not sustainable in the long run. Turns out cynicism and appealing to people's base impulses loses its effectiveness over time.

They seem to be sticking to their guns, however, despite some of the earliest critical reviews from gaming and industry publications citing high cost as a serious drawback. Clearly they have data that shows that their system is working for them, at least for now - and "for now" seems to be the time frame that matters to them, not what these practices will very likely do to their base down the road.

^ This

What concerns me about a customer is the longevity of the game. There is no doubt in my mind that ZoS is going for a cash grab with ESO from here on out. Every time they want to squeeze more from us, I get the instinctive feeling to spend less knowing all these expensive digital goods will be 100% useless to me, or anyone once this game shuts down.
    Options
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    1500 Crowns for account wide outfit slots would be alright. Not great but alright. 1500 Crowns for an outfit slot on one character is way too expensive.
    Options
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really ZOS I always thought you do that kind of in a fair manner, but this is really a stretch... Please reconsider your position on that... After all we even now pay extra for Chapter content...
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    We need a battlecry like PAWS but for only using gold for this "free update" outfit system. Can't come up with anything myself right now, blood is still boiling.

@Recremen The only thing that immediately comes to mind is 'enough gold to sink the Outfit ship' but that doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. If I think of something better I'll speak up.

Options
  • RebelFireStorm
    RebelFireStorm
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Funny people complaining about this while nobody is complaining anymore about the 1000 Crown per 10 increase to mount Speed, Stamina or Inventory... which is also per character. I'd say those things are much more important in the game than creating your own outfit, but at least ZOS gave every character ONE Outfit they can customize.

I've complained about that plenty. But at least you can increase your horse's stats with gold in the game. It's not like there's even an OPTION to get more outfit slots via gold. (Though I'm sure it'd be horribly overpriced even in gold.)
    Options
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cancelled my ESO Plus membership today over this. I was sure to send them a feedback email informing them exactly why. I will not support this game at all if they are going to go forward with plans to inflate prices like this.

I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their money, nor should anyone else for that matter. But I will urge anyone who feels the same way I do over this matter, to send some sort of message to ZOS informing them that this practice will not be tolerated.

Otherwise... It will be.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what it’s gunna cost me 1500 crown if want to change “a” pair of boots?
    Wow even though I only have one toon
    Pffft no thanks that’s a bit over the top :/
    Also with low res console I don’t think this will be popular
    Edited by Kram8ion on February 12, 2018 11:05PM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Money talks. Voicing outrage on the forums is one thing, but I know tons of people who would love to purchase those outfit slots and are refusing to because of the ridiculous price. ZOS is losing money with this decision, and if there's one thing that could actually change their minds it's the prospect of making more money.

yeah I would (over about a year) bought 2-5 for all 10 of my characters. At this price I won't buy any and might not even use many of my free outfit slots on my poorer alts due to the in game costs. Have spent so much time seeking and buying motifs to get ready for this ... now what was the whole point?

Edited by cabbageub17_ESO on February 12, 2018 10:53PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

@WhiteCoatSyndrome

I have been pondering this, myself. Count me in.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so I have 14 characters, soon to be 15, buying the 15th (1500 crowns to get it by the way) you can have a max of 10 outfits on each character.. you get 1 free.

15 x 9= 135 x 1500 crowns each= 202,500 crowns
    best price is 21000 crowns per $150
    so 9 crown packs at this price and change (9.642)

9 x $150= $1350.00 + real dollars to max your Outfits.

ZOS be just crazy

I figured they would be like 400-500 crowns each, 54000 or max 67500 crowns but they, ZOS, just had to get Greedy...

Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • opallithia
    opallithia
    ✭✭✭
    This is an incredibly cash-grabby move and I am severely disappointed in whoever thought making additional outfit slots cost this much was a good idea.

Even just using sub crowns, if you have maxed your characters and want an additional slot per character, it's going to take you over a year to buy an additional outfit slot for each character. Unless, of course, you're willing to dump well over $100 dollars at once for outfit slots IN ADDITION to your sub or buying the DLC, which is pretty ridiculous. Since I started playing this game a year ago, I've watched the prices in the cash shop slowly creep up bit by bit while the quality decreases, and it's starting to get out of hand. I know you have to fund your game, but really? Exploitation is not the way to do it.

Either INCREASE price a little bit (3000 crowns is reasonable) and make the outfit slots account-bound, or LOWER the price (500 crowns or so) and keep them character-bound. The current price is going to turn many people away from purchasing additional slots.

Not to mention, I hear that a second slot will be available as reward for leveling up. A lot of this update feels like a slap to the face of your veteran playerbase. We are not stupid, we know that new players are more likely to spend that kind of money because they don't know what to compare it to. However, we would like to think that we're cared for more than just dollar signs. We've already put the work into our characters, but now we have to pay while other people get the same thing for free?

Really hoping for some feedback on this, ZOS.
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opallithia wrote: »

Not to mention, I hear that a second slot will be available as reward for leveling up. A lot of this update feels like a slap to the face of your veteran playerbase. We are not stupid, we know that new players are more likely to spend that kind of money because they don't know what to compare it to. However, we would like to think that we're cared for more than just dollar signs. We've already put the work into our characters, but now we have to pay while other people get the same thing for free?

Really hoping for some feedback on this, ZOS.

Yeah, the whole "one of the housing storage chests can only be earned by leveling" thing was another example of that. And no, offering people the chance to buy an extra character slot with Crowns isn't a particularly acceptable answer to that.
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos should ninja change it from 1500 per char to 1500 per slot account wide

Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed a few non-constructive posts.Please be sure to keep this discussion civil and respectful.

What would be civil and respectful would be to not sell single-character slots for 1500 crowns ($15).

Just sayin'.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1500 per slot PER CHARACTER is just stupid
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Naerri
    Naerri
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    You get one free slot for EVERY CHARACTER. Why would you want to buy more?

My stamDK has:
    DPS build
    Tank build
    PvP build(s)

Do I rly have to look the same in every build?
    Options
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    IN case anyone is wondering (it seems to keep going back and forth) I did test this: I purchased a slot on one of my characters. It is NOT account wide, as per the patch notes. so in total:

1. the extra slot is per character. 1500 crowns for one slot on one character.
    2. even if you have a motif or design, it costs you gold to unlock it and use as a piece of your set.
    3. Every time you change ANYTHING, you have to pay gold. Except for your helm

This is honestly the worst implementation of a customization set I've seen in all my days of playing MMO's. I play quite a few, and honestly I was flabbergasted that ESO had no customization mechanic in this day and age. I was very excited when I saw the previews of this, and thought, "Wow, ESO is finally catching up with the rest of the market".

This was the worst disappointment I've had in this game since the whole VR debacle when the game first released. ZoS, this is honestly an insult, not only to new players, but to those who have invested a great deal of time and money already into this game. You need to make some changes to this, and soon. I would almost prefer at this point to go back to no system, and my free headgear removal toggle in the options menu. This is just a slap in the face. Get ir right please.

Here's what I feel needs to be done to the system to save it and still allow ZoS to profit (in realistic ways):
    1. extra slots need to be account wide. period. with no price change. OR, adjust to 300 crowns per slot per character.
    2. costs or individual changes in each slot need to be DRASTICALLY reduced. most game do NOT charge for individual changes, only slot unlocks. I would prefer 0 cost for changes, but I'm trying to also be balanced in this regard.
    3. costs for using rare motifs needs to be reduced, again drastically.
    4. and a slight off topic subject, but allowing toggles for more then the head slot would also be attractive to players, and attract more users to the system, which in turn rewards ZOS.

I had faith in this game even during the VR issue, and kept up my sub even when I wasn't playing. I still have faith now, but stuff like this really tries that faith. Please restore some of our faith in you ZOS, you will get rewarded for it. Really.
    Edited by temjiu on February 13, 2018 2:16AM
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    temjiu wrote: »
    IN case anyone is wondering (it seems to keep going back and forth) I did test this: I purchased a slot on one of my characters. It is NOT account wide, as per the patch notes. so in total:

1. the extra slot is per character. 1500 crowns for one slot on one character.
    2. even if you have a motif or design, it costs you gold to unlock it and use as a piece of your set.
    3. Every time you change ANYTHING, you have to pay gold. Except for your helm

This is honestly the worst implementation of a customization set I've seen in all my days of playing MMO's. I play quite a few, and honestly I was flabbergasted that ESO had no customization mechanic in this day and age. I was very excited when I saw the previews of this, and thought, "Wow, ESO is finally catching up with the rest of the market".

This was the worst disappointment I've had in this game since the whole VR debacle when the game first released. ZoS, this is honestly an insult, not only to new players, but to those who have invested a great deal of time and money already into this game. You need to make some changes to this, and soon. I would almost prefer at this point to go back to no system, and my free headgear removal toggle in the options menu. This is just a slap in the face. Get ir right please.

Here's what I feel needs to be done to the system to save it and still allow ZoS to profit (in realistic ways):
    1. extra slots need to be account wide. period. with no price change. OR, adjust to 300 crowns per slot per character.
    2. costs or individual changes in each slot need to be DRASTICALLY reduced. most game do NOT charge for individual changes, only slot unlocks. I would prefer 0 cost for changes, but I'm trying to also be balanced in this regard.
    3. costs for using rare motifs needs to be reduced, again drastically.
    4. and a slight off topic subject, but allowing toggles for more then the head slot would also be attractive to players, and attract more users to the system, which in turn rewards ZOS.

I had faith in this game even during the VR issue, and kept up my sub even when I wasn't playing. I still have faith now, but stuff like this really tries that faith. Please restore some of our faith in you ZOS, you will get rewarded for it. Really.

Fully agree

Things like that are killing the faith we put in them
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Recremen @lordrichter How about Gamers Opposed to Large Disbursements - the GOLD Standard for short?

GOLD Standard - Oppose unreasonable Crown costs!

Or maybe

GOLD Standard - Take the macro out of microtransactions!

Thoughts?

Options
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the days when we used to say "I WOULD PAY THOUSANDS OF CROWNS FOR TRANSMOG"

If you dont like it dont get simple.
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the days when we used to say "I WOULD PAY THOUSANDS OF CROWNS FOR TRANSMOG"

Thanks for your contribution

Dont worry at this price, I wont get it.
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aren’t you that guy that makes endless nerf threads...? And now you’re here defending ZOS’ greed? Yo, who’s mans is this? Come get your boy.

Anyway, this is absolutely ridiculous. $15 USD for 1 outfit? What in the hell? I have to agree with the folks who said that ZOS is pulling a move worse than EA. This is legit disgusting. I’d be surprised if Kotaku or IGN don’t make an article about this, as this is just about as bad as it gets regarding company greed in video game should.

Mind you, this is coming from a person who purchased both the Grand Topal Hideaway and Dromathra Senche Mount when it was 4,000 (which I regret due to it being put up in scam crates for 100 gems later on). And even I have an issue with ZOS’ cash grab on this. N’ah. Not cool.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on February 13, 2018 3:29AM
    Options
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it was reasonably priced then I would unlock extras so I could have a PVP uniform and a PVE cool look but since it's not I'll just do one look per toon. In SWTOR you can unlock outfit slots for real and in-game money and on my 30+ toons I only have multiple outfit slots on a couple so it doesn't really affect me but I can see RPers and people who care about looks being put off by the pricing.

In general, I don't understand ZOS crown store pricing policy. In the real world, the big money makers do it on low-cost high volume and not the other way around. In-game stuff has no costs after the initial creation so why charge a premium? My assumption is that ZOS pays really well so that the people who make the decisions have a different view on the value of money compared to the typical player.
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised nothing has been said about the Emperor's Regalia costume "reverting to its original state", which as I understand it, means you can only use it in Cyro now. I barely slept for 4 days, damn it, getting that thing!

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Wait what it’s gunna cost me 1500 crown if want to change “a” pair of boots?
    Wow even though I only have one toon
    Pffft no thanks that’s a bit over the top :/
    Also with low res console I don’t think this will be popular

No, if all you want is to cover up your boots, your one free outfit slot will do that for a smallish gold cost per boot choice. It's 1500 crowns for a second slot, per character getting said second slot. Which is horrendous, and I'm highly displeased with this marketing idiocy, but your foot fashion as per your described needs is mostly free. Unless you want to quickly toggle between several boots, none of which are your actual armor.

Any changes to the outfit affect only the slot you changed. The rest of your armor shows through.
    Options