The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    orim wrote: »
    is there at least one free slot for all chars?

@orim Yes each character gets 1 free slot. That means to change outfits you must go find an outfit station and pay gold (or an outfit token) to change it. You can't have multiple outfits to toggle on the go.

Wait ... once you've made a costume you can't switch back and forth to and from it without an outfit station?

Woah. yes you can, but you can't switch between multiple outfits.. since if you only have 1 slot, you only can have one outfit without going back and changing that slot in an outfit station.

You can still remove your outfit while out and about, or put a costume over it at any time. Sorry to worry you! @cabbageub17_ESO

The key here is that an outfit is NOT the same as a costume, so you need to clarify which you mean.

If you only have 1 outfit slot open, while away from a station you can remove it, put it back on - but you cannot change that outfit. You *can* put a costume on (like ones from your collectibles tab, like from the crown store).

If you want to change the way the outfit looks that you have saved, you must visit an outfit station, overwrite your last outfit, and pay gold or crown outfit token to change it. Then when out an about you will only have that new/edited outfit to choose from.. from outfits.
    Edited by MissBizz on February 12, 2018 6:16PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    always when i see the ZOS logo on a thread i think its a response to the criticism but nope...its always a completly pointless comment about the removal of posts...

ZOS will not answer to criticism regarding prices. What would they say ? They will not disclose their business plans and market researches for us and a company doesn't have to "justify" prices. We buy or we don't buy.
    I'm just disappointed because, unlike houses and furniture/decorations, which I expected to be expensive, I did not expect the outfit system to be THAT expensive.
    And come to think of it, most housing stuff is purchasable for gold. It's either crowns OR gold. For outfits, it's crowns AND gold. At least if we want to have more than one - which, in my view, is self-evident and self-explanatory...

But I don't expect ZOS to "explain". Obviously, it's the system they believe to bring them the most money. And that's all there's to explain.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 12, 2018 6:17PM
  • Angmarsky
    Angmarsky
    ✭✭
    Stupid price...
  • jubilante
    jubilante
    i think it has become a bit crazy to charge such high prices for cash shop items, additionally to the eso + subscription you kinda have to have if you want to do any kind of crafting and having to pay additionally for chapters even as eso+ subscriber... it seems a bit much honestly...

as a "normal" player in case we get a chapter once a year you have to expect to shed easily 200 bucks a year on the game...and if you buy a little bit of cash shop stuff here and there - but not much, really not a lot - you are at 250... probably rather 300+...it seems quite steep even for mmo purposes to be honest

At the risk of being a bit off-topic: You're not really wrong, however if you do the numbers: Subscription MMOs like WoW and ESO+ average $15/mo (US$). Over a year that is 12*15 = $180. So, your lamenting "200 bucks a year" [for non-sub players] doesn't make much sense. And even for WoW, with the sub, I'm sure people still spend in the store, so adding another 50-100 a year on the game doesn't seem so far fetched and IMO, isn't a huge burden on a person who enjoys the game (when you're considering this is over an entire YEAR. People spend hundreds of their disposable income on all sorts of random stuff, why would a game be any different?)

There are costs to keep servers running, keep devs employed... in essence, I generally support microtransactions in games, so long as they're done ethically.

Now, as for this costume--sorry--Outfit slot: I do agree that 1500 to only unlocks on a single character is quite insane. Not so much the price point (since we do get a single one for free at least) but more for the fact that *it is now tied only to that character*. Like with mount upgrades, it seems like they are trying too hard to make me never ever ever want to ever delete a character, because I've "invested" too much in them. More pressure to buy the character slots then, I suppose?

With all that said, I would agree ZOS is on the much more shady-AF side of MT. Not necessarily for their price points, but because of how they use the system to pressure you into other purchases.

• jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    so over 13k crowns for all 9

or $100 at the most efficient crown bundle

fyi it was like 350 per slot on the test server

or more expensive then over 2 chapters (so do you want 2 eso chapters or 9 cosmetic slots?)

seems a little bit insane.

And your point? This is Fashion Scrolls we're talking about. If it were something that is required to play the game and you couldnt play without it, I would be in your corner faster than a mongoose on a cobra. But you got one of the wardrobes for free which allows you to have a different skin on every toon. Let me repeat that... you got a HUGE cosmetic boost for FREE and you're complaining that you didnt get 10 for free?

So explain to me: How does ZOS pay for the servers and the staff that makes new things? If it's all supposed to be free, you really think that the pittance that they get for DLCs and subs is enough to pay for programmers and server space? This isnt China. People actually get paid here. so how are they going to pay for it?
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you can... but only if you have TWO outfit slots. And they give you just ONE for free, the second one costs 1500 crowns PER CHARACTER.
    With only one slot, you're left with just two options to choose from on the fly : with outfit, or without (the armor you're wearing).

.... and crown costumes I'm assuming.

• Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarryzzt wrote: »
    I can more or less understand how they arrived at this decision from a business perspective. They must have assumed either that a) most people will either just use the default slot (so might as well charge anyone who wants extra slots as much as possible as it's a one-time sale), or b) the people who really want extra slots are also likely the people who already spend meaningful money in-game (so they'll eat the price because they always do). Or both.

I am not going to argue whether the above assumptions are correct, especially since we'll see within a few months' time. Moreover, for every person who complains about the price today I would expect at least one other person who gleefully scoops up a slot during the next half-off sale, whenever that occurs.

Either way, since they (but not we) see all their sales across all their products, one might as well assume that they are following some sort of a deliberate pricing strategy, and no amount of wishing by players is going to change that. [Only an actual boycott or some such, which I doubt the forums are equipped to organize or sustain.]

Sadly, you're absolutely right. Especially about the voicing/wishing out discontent on the forums. It's not going to make any difference. I have no doubt ZOS fully anticipated a negative reaction on the forums, but will care very very little, if at all. To think I used to defend these guys adamantly......

ZOS's care on these costs can be summed up by what the developer, who sat in the ESO Live demonstrating the system, said in regards to the gold cost concerns:

"It's what it is."

Little did we know he was also referring to inflated cash costs as well.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaye63 wrote: »

or more expensive then over 2 chapters (so do you want 2 eso chapters or 9 cosmetic slots?)

And your point? This is Fashion Scrolls we're talking about. If it were something that is required to play the game and you couldnt play without it, I would be in your corner faster than a mongoose on a cobra. But you got one of the wardrobes for free which allows you to have a different skin on every toon. Let me repeat that... you got a HUGE cosmetic boost for FREE and you're complaining that you didnt get 10 for free?

So explain to me: How does ZOS pay for the servers and the staff that makes new things? If it's all supposed to be free, you really think that the pittance that they get for DLCs and subs is enough to pay for programmers and server space? This isnt China. People actually get paid here. so how are they going to pay for it?

*sigh* No one's complaining about the fact that it costs crowns to get a subsequent slot. What people are upset about (and rightfully so) is the price.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Nemesis7884
      Nemesis7884
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      jubilante wrote: »
      i think it has become a bit crazy to charge such high prices for cash shop items, additionally to the eso + subscription you kinda have to have if you want to do any kind of crafting and having to pay additionally for chapters even as eso+ subscriber... it seems a bit much honestly...

as a "normal" player in case we get a chapter once a year you have to expect to shed easily 200 bucks a year on the game...and if you buy a little bit of cash shop stuff here and there - but not much, really not a lot - you are at 250... probably rather 300+...it seems quite steep even for mmo purposes to be honest

At the risk of being a bit off-topic: You're not really wrong, however if you do the numbers: Subscription MMOs like WoW and ESO+ average $15/mo (US$). Over a year that is 12*15 = $180. So, your lamenting "200 bucks a year" [for non-sub players] doesn't make much sense. And even for WoW, with the sub, I'm sure people still spend in the store, so adding another 50-100 a year on the game doesn't seem so far fetched and IMO, isn't a huge burden on a person who enjoys the game (when you're considering this is over an entire YEAR. People spend hundreds of their disposable income on all sorts of random stuff, why would a game be any different?)

There are costs to keep servers running, keep devs employed... in essence, I generally support microtransactions in games, so long as they're done ethically.

Now, as for this costume--sorry--Outfit slot: I do agree that 1500 to only unlocks on a single character is quite insane. Not so much the price point (since we do get a single one for free at least) but more for the fact that *it is now tied only to that character*. Like with mount upgrades, it seems like they are trying too hard to make me never ever ever want to ever delete a character, because I've "invested" too much in them. More pressure to buy the character slots then, I suppose?

With all that said, I would agree ZOS is on the much more shady-AF side of MT. Not necessarily for their price points, but because of how they use the system to pressure you into other purchases.

you dont think 300 bucks a year for the average player is a lot of money? thats basically 2-3 tripple a games including season pass and dlc / cash shop nonsense... and the server cost argument in 2018...LUL
    • Izaki
      Izaki
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Costumes > Outfits

I just wish they had done a proper transmog system...
      @ Izaki #PCEU
      #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
      #MoreDPSthanYou
      #Stamblade
    • anitajoneb17_ESO
      anitajoneb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      you dont think 300 bucks a year for the average player is a lot of money? thats basically 2-3 tripple a games including season pass and dlc / cash shop nonsense... and the server cost argument in 2018...LUL

300 bucks/year can be pennies to some people and a lot of money for others, depending on dozens of criteria.
      But if you put it in relation with the hours played, in 99% of cases it still appears to be a quite cheap leisure cost as compared to most other free time activities. Even walking outside that many hours would probably cost more a year - in shoes only.
    • Marabornwingrion
      Marabornwingrion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      For all of you who think it's account wide slot - IT'S NOT.

UKfxMx1.png
    • rynth
      rynth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I agree 1500 crowns a slot for outfits is full on *** in the range of stupidity. ZOS had a good thing going and the group/team that decided the price just took a big fat dump on it.

500 crowns a outfit slot is reasonable and I can live with or paying for a 7 slot token is like 3k sort of what they did with name and race change tokens.

I've been a staunch ZOS supporter and love to play this game since day one, but I have to say this 1500 Crowns for 1 outfit slot really pisses me off and who gives a crap that it is or isn't account wide.
      Edited by rynth on February 12, 2018 6:49PM
      When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
    • DaGhostDS
      DaGhostDS
      ✭✭✭
      Either drop the price to 500 crown or make it account-wide, this is absurd.
    • jaye63
      jaye63
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kendaric wrote: »
      jaye63 wrote: »

*sigh* No one's complaining about the fact that it costs crowns to get a subsequent slot. What people are upset about (and rightfully so) is the price.

It's FASHION SCROLLS! Fashion costs money. Programming costs money. You want it... you pay .... wait for it.... wait for it... MONEY!
    • me_ming
      me_ming
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Alcast wrote: »
      People are never happy lmao. ZOS could have given you none for free. Now you get 1 for free on any character and still complain :trollface:

Get over yourself Alcast. Not everyone in this game play as you. You said it yourself, we have different playstyles. Your playstyle and opinion is not the ONLY opinion of this game. I just lost all my respect of you. Pffft. Elitists.
      Edited by me_ming on February 12, 2018 7:23PM
      "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
      -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
    • Sevalaricgirl
      Sevalaricgirl
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's completely crazy which is why I'll never use it.
    • rynth
      rynth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      so when talking about slots are we talking about 1500 crowns for a full outfit? or 1500 crowns for say a head slot, 1500 for chest slot etc.
      When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      rynth wrote: »
      so when talking about slots are we talking about 1500 crowns for a full outfit? or 1500 crowns for say a head slot, 1500 for chest slot etc.

Full outfit, just like the free slot we get.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • jaye63
        jaye63
        ✭✭✭✭
        I dont get it... you ask for fluff, you get fluff, and complain that it costs money. As I said earlier... If it were something you had to have to play the game, I would be on your side faster than a mongoose on a cobra. But it's fluff that doesnt change your ability to do everything in the game that is required to do the best at the game that you can. So your arguments about the cost is, to me, the same as a kid crying that he got dirty after begging to go outside for hours. Why ZOS continues to do things for people that continuously complain about it is beyond me.

I would REALLY prefer they just fixed things. All of this extra fluff you keep asking for is causing bugs in the game that are making it a chore to play. Like Crashing on logout or quit. Like graphic shredding. Like getting hammered through a wall. Like incredibly annoying stuck spots. And I could go on and on. Whining about fluff when there is so much to fix is (insert superlative here).
      • starlizard70ub17_ESO
        starlizard70ub17_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        DaGhostDS wrote: »

it is account wide
        "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
      • rynth
        rynth
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        well *** then that isn't bad at all, DAMNIT OP!
      • Tyrobag
        Tyrobag
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Yeah, at that point you may as well just buy a new character to wear the outfit you want to make
      • Hokiewa
        Hokiewa
        ✭✭✭✭

300 bucks/year can be pennies to some people and a lot of money for others, depending on dozens of criteria.
        But if you put it in relation with the hours played, in 99% of cases it still appears to be a quite cheap leisure cost as compared to most other free time activities. Even walking outside that many hours would probably cost more a year - in shoes only.

This. I'm not a hard core player but I put in probably 20 hours a week, so 80 a month for 15 bucks? That's simply a steal for my time. Even if you tripled it for crowns at less then 50 cents an hour for entertainment is cheaper then virtually every other medium (well aside from one glaringly obvious one lol)
        Edited by Hokiewa on February 12, 2018 7:23PM
      • Esha76
        Esha76
        ✭✭✭✭✭

it is account wide

It is not account wide. They stated that from day 1.

It is 1500 crowns per slot, per character.
        "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
        "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
        "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
        "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
        "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
        "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
        "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
        "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
        "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
        "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
        "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
      • sdtlc
        sdtlc
        ✭✭✭✭✭

it is account wide

it's not, read the thread, dangit
        Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
        +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
        Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
      • Elissae
        Elissae
        ✭✭✭
        For comparison, SWTOR's EA Austin, who I so far considered one of the greediest bunch of mmo devs , charge 0.91€ for a per character unlock in the outfit designer, and 2.29€ for an account-wide unlock.

And you guys want 12.99€ for 1 character bound outfit slot?????

That's... quite a lot more... :/
      • ad4mss
        ad4mss
        ✭✭✭
        Whenever it comes to asking ZOS why they put so high prices on simple features like new outfit slots, they ignore such treads.
        Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
        Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
      • HungryMonkey007
        Personally I think the price is crazy and won’t purchase a single slot unless they make it account wide and even then probably only one additional slot.

However I would assume the outfit system costed a lot of money to develop so ZOS is going to recover that cost from the players that really want to use it. It seems out of balance with the price of the storage chests, but the storage chests is two fold. It makes owning a house more useful so might push some players towards purchasing one, and it is appealing to more players so they will sell more of them overall and will be able to recoup development costs faster. And the development cost of the storage chest system was probably peanuts compared to the complexity of outfit changes.

This is the part where people start sounding off about how much money ZOS already brings in and blah blah blah. Video game companies are not nonprofits so if you expect every dollar you pay them to be reinvested back into the game that is not reality.

Finally, slow clap to ZOS. Your moderators can spend time removing non-productive comments but won’t lift a finger to sort out the character or account wide controversy. Your lack of effort made reading though 6 pages of rage the most entertaining part of my day.
        Edited by HungryMonkey007 on February 12, 2018 7:34PM
      • Wreuntzylla
        Wreuntzylla
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Wait for a crown sale, yo. 50% off makes it sound less bad.