The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    pauli133 wrote: »
    Its crazy right ? The People ask for a MUST HAVE feature and expect it to be free ? NOPE they give us what we want BUT here's the catch

You need to pay

The kicker is, they didn't even give us what we asked for. We wanted to change the style on individual pieces of gear. They gave us build-a-costume.

as many people asked for the ability to make custom outfits and not a wow style transmog. Not everyone is going to get what they wanted

And I would have preferred "visual" equipment slots (i.e, equip your stat chest in one box, your visual chest in the other, etc). There's a whole variety of options, they were only going to pick one. Ah, well. :)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    orim wrote: »
    is there at least one free slot for all chars?

@orim Yes each character gets 1 free slot. That means to change outfits you must go find an outfit station and pay gold (or an outfit token) to change it. You can't have multiple outfits to toggle on the go.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Given that that only gives you one slot for one character that is very over-priced.
    Yet another new system addition that i will engage with in a limited way due to poor value for money.
    This is disappointing :(

Is it by char or by account? I read both so far

It is PER CHARACTER... they are not account wide. From Patch notes:
    "Everyone will receive one free customizable outfit per character, and can unlock additional outfits in the Crown Store. These outfits are character-specific
    , so you can customize each character uniquely right off the bat!"
    Edited by ADarklore on February 12, 2018 4:30PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
    Edited by Naomi_K on May 24, 2022 10:09AM
    PC EU
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    What they should have done was made it like 250 crowns per 1 character or 2000 for account wide per 1 slot like Swtor does it

That's still a lot more expensive than SWTOR does, though. Like... a LOOOOT more expensive.

Yeah, but SWTOR has it's own collection of obnoxious cash-shop purchases (buying the ability to hide helmet, or equip top-rarity gear. I remember a really low cap on how much gold free players could hold/spend at one time. Etc.)

disclaimer: haven't played that game in a while. ;)
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg this is crazy! Outrageous! What was ZOS thinking? People are not that cray cray on cosmetics yet. Please revisit this decision ZOS.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, look at the prices to change something - either gold or token - each time you change something - the more slots you have, the more money you will have to spend. Better to not touch this stuff at all. It just costs money each and every time.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Given that that only gives you one slot for one character that is very over-priced.
    Yet another new system addition that i will engage with in a limited way due to poor value for money.
    This is disappointing :(

Is it by char or by account? I read both so far

It is PER CHARACTER... they are not account wide. From Patch notes:
    "Everyone will receive one free customizable outfit per character, and can unlock additional outfits in the Crown Store. These outfits are character-specific
    , so you can customize each character uniquely right off the bat!"

That does not necessarily mean that purchasing 1 outfit slot from the crown store will only unlock 1 slot on 1 character.
    Since it looks impossible to get a clear answer from NA players, I'll wait until tomorrow and see for myself.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More things I will point out:

Weapon dying is not free.

And, if you wanted to dye your weapon only - it's going to cost an outfit slot to do so.

So lets say you have a gear style you've been playing all these months/years/etc. And it's a style you broke your back to obtain and want to keep it, however you just want to change the color of your weapon(s) only.

That's going to cost you your free outfit slot, or a 1500 crown outfit slot, plus gold to dye to weapon.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't be buying any additional ones for sure.

As a comparison DCUO had per character armouries which gave the same functionality and quite a bit more. Bought about 40 of those in total, multi-packs and individuals, they were priced for impulse purchases and it worked well.

These, well these are priced at serious commitment level and at that price just not a priority.

If they re-evaluate them I'll revisit them but we'll see.
    EU PS4
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was not really planning to use the outfit system anyway,
    so this just solidifies it more than anything
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Comparing this to Black Desert and other mmos that is still hella cheap. You have one slot for free, the customization possibilities are like half of milky way galaxy. You can dye this for free. This is paradise. This could go south and system could be locked completely behind ESO+ sub but instead they gave this to us for free and this looks pretty good compared to milking schemes of other mmos.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are all just cash cows - stupid, meek and there to be milked. We certainly aren't beloved customers. We're just a commodity. Consumers. And there to be used.

They say jump. We say how high. *sighhhhh*
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what the Suits are doing:
    PwYj7a3.gif
    Q0qCqCt.gif
    YoP5dtu.gif

And this is what the Customers are doing:
    jsjrEoy.gif
    7ZoG96L.gif
    IE3YfPL.gif
    Edited by N00BxV1 on February 12, 2018 5:15PM
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is account-wide that's pretty cheap in my opinion. 1500 crowns, the amount you get for just being an ESO plus member, to have another outfit slot for any and all of your characters forever.

I think everyone is just counting the price of 8 slots all at once. I can understand why someone would want that many outfits, but is it so needed that you have to have it all on day one? Use the ESO plus membership crowns on it gradually, and it costs nothing extra. Or if you're not ESO plus, get it for one month and then you get enough for one outfit slot and all of the other perks for awhile.

But I'm just sayin'
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fast forward to the next base update or chapter that introduces something new (new class, level up rewards, etc) that are only available to new characters and, oops, no more slots. If anyone has bought extra outfit slots for characters, they're not gonna want to delete them. Crown purchases like this should absolutely be account wide.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    If it is account-wide that's pretty cheap in my opinion. 1500 crowns, the amount you get for just being an ESO plus member, to have another outfit slot for any and all of your characters forever.

I think everyone is just counting the price of 8 slots all at once. I can understand why someone would want that many outfits, but is it so needed that you have to have it all on day one? Use the ESO plus membership crowns on it gradually, and it costs nothing extra. Or if you're not ESO plus, get it for one month and then you get enough for one outfit slot and all of the other perks for awhile.

But I'm just sayin'

I'm still betting, as it was on PTS, that it is 'per character' just like Mount Upgrades are 'per character'.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    orim wrote: »
    is there at least one free slot for all chars?

yes
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its crazy right ? The People ask for a MUST HAVE feature and expect it to be free ? NOPE they give us what we want BUT here's the catch

You need to pay

Are we reading the same OP? Because the complaint isnt that the slots need to be paid for at all. But rather the asking price.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I'm just sayin'

I'm still betting, as it was on PTS, that it is 'per character' just like Mount Upgrades are 'per character'.

Yeah, if it is per character, then I agree it's way too much lol.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it has become a bit crazy to charge such high prices for cash shop items, additionally to the eso + subscription you kinda have to have if you want to do any kind of crafting and having to pay additionally for chapters even as eso+ subscriber... it seems a bit much honestly...

as a "normal" player in case we get a chapter once a year you have to expect to shed easily 200 bucks a year on the game...and if you buy a little bit of cash shop stuff here and there - but not much, really not a lot - you are at 250... probably rather 300+...it seems quite steep even for mmo purposes to be honest
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is amusing that some actually has to BUY an outfit slot to find out whether the additional outfit slot is added to one character or all characters. They don't actually say, because I think they feel we should assume that it would be per character, like the rest of the outfit stuff. I am assuming the additional Crown Outfit Slots are per character, not account wide.

Anyway, yes, the execs are

PwYj7a3.gif

With 15 character slots in the game, that makes for 135 outfit slots that can be purchased. At 1500 Crowns per slot, that is over 200,000 Crowns, or $1500. Start checking under the cushions, folks. The execs are waiting for their pay day.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    What they should have done was made it like 250 crowns per 1 character or 2000 for account wide per 1 slot like Swtor does it

That's still a lot more expensive than SWTOR does, though. Like... a LOOOOT more expensive.

Swtor has 50$ account wide upgrades just as expensive
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comparing this to Black Desert and other mmos that is still hella cheap. You have one slot for free, the customization possibilities are like half of milky way galaxy. You can dye this for free. This is paradise. This could go south and system could be locked completely behind ESO+ sub but instead they gave this to us for free and this looks pretty good compared to milking schemes of other mmos.

By the way @Synthwavius since this is not actually changing your gear.. you can't dye this for free (outfits).

But I'm just sayin'

Yeah, if it is per character, then I agree it's way too much lol.

Earlier in this thread someone had confirmed it's per character on the live server.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh honey... Honey no...

ZOS why must you ruin the good things?
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I only have one character I play and would want to outfit, so whether it is account-wide or not - for a lot of us that will be a dear experience regardless. I much prefer the suggestion of a single slot vs bundle choice - over the one-size-fits-all approach of "make it account-wide and all is well because I have 14 characters".

I have been excited to spend hours to try to recreate superhero costumes, movie characters and just pretty and odd outfits for any occasion, but with only one slot I will likely not make great use of this awesome, new system - if I constantly have to overwrite what I already spent a lot of effort (and hours) into getting just right. Fingers crossed addons will come to our rescue here.

I do not mind paying a small gold fee to equip a new look , but I also do not imagine I want to discard something too easily as-is. I am a bit surprised devs would create a whole new outfit system and not let their players truly make maximum use of it for all it could add to the game and enjoyment. I would love to have themed trial runs and outfit competitions in my guilds, but at the steep fee of 60k to enter (equip + revert) that is far too costly to play around with often. It's a shame such a great update to cosmetics and RP is tainted by these firm restrictions.
    [EU PC]
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    You get one free slot for EVERY CHARACTER. Why would you want to buy more?

The same way you like to have several sets of clothing in your closet.

It's actually the exact opposite. I have several CLOTHES (motifs) in my closet but only one BODY (slot) to wear them on.

I don't get why you'd want more than one, two tops per character. Just remake it if you don't want it anymore.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

It's actually the exact opposite. I have several CLOTHES (motifs) in my closet but only one BODY (slot) to wear them on.

I don't get why you'd want more than one, two tops per character. Just remake it if you don't want it anymore.

Last time I checked, there wasn't someone from the government in your closet charging you 10 $ everytime you changed your pants though.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

But isn't is nice to have a suitcase with multiple outfits (slots) to change while you're away from home (dye station)?
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a few non-constructive posts.Please be sure to keep this discussion civil and respectful.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post