The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

It's actually the exact opposite. I have several CLOTHES (motifs) in my closet but only one BODY (slot) to wear them on.

I don't get why you'd want more than one, two tops per character. Just remake it if you don't want it anymore.

Do you actually wear the same clothes every single day until they're destroyed, then throw them away, go to the shop to buy new ones, and so on ?
    That's what one slot only forces you to do : go to the shop and buy new stuff each time you want to change.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 12, 2018 5:34PM
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    So funny. This should teach people to ask for new features again.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

It's actually the exact opposite. I have several CLOTHES (motifs) in my closet but only one BODY (slot) to wear them on.

I don't get why you'd want more than one, two tops per character. Just remake it if you don't want it anymore.

Do you actually wear the same clothes every single day until they're destroyed, then throw them away, go to the shop to buy new ones, and so on ?
    That's what one slot only forces you to do : go to the shop and buy new stuff each time you want to change.

Yes
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RebelFireStorm
    RebelFireStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    What they should have done was made it like 250 crowns per 1 character or 2000 for account wide per 1 slot like Swtor does it

That's still a lot more expensive than SWTOR does, though. Like... a LOOOOT more expensive.

Yeah, but SWTOR has it's own collection of obnoxious cash-shop purchases (buying the ability to hide helmet, or equip top-rarity gear. I remember a really low cap on how much gold free players could hold/spend at one time. Etc.)

disclaimer: haven't played that game in a while. ;)

Oh, I will never debate that SWTOR is a terrible game with a terrible F2P system and a terrible cash shop.

I'm just saying that if you're going to hire the person who was in charge of that terrible cash shop in charge of ZoS' terrible cash shop, at least try to make it on an equally terrible level instead of screwing us over even harder. Sheesh.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Earlier in this thread someone had confirmed it's per character on the live server.

But many people seem to be confused between "customizable per character" and "purchasable in crown store, 1 per character", so I 'm still hoping...

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Lol, you never wash them either ?

• cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ... and there goes my enthusiasm for this feature. Great job ESO!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier in this thread someone had confirmed it's per character on the live server.

But many people seem to be confused between "customizable per character" and "purchasable in crown store, 1 per character", so I 'm still hoping...

@anitajoneb17_ESO Sorry you need to see this.. :(

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26295
    If you want to be able to have more than one custom Outfit available at any one time, you can acquire additional Outfit Slots from the in-game Crown Store.
    You can find additional Outfit Slots within the Crafting section, and you can have up to 10 Outfit Slots on any one character. Note that new Outfit Slots are not shared with the other characters on your account.
    Edited by MissBizz on February 12, 2018 5:42PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    I'm disappointed but not surprised. I can't imagine myself needing more than 1 slot per character luckily. Some won't even need the 1 slot as they wear costumes anyways.

Im similar, I will probably just use 1 slot, but if needed, i will use my crowns from eso +
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More predatory practices!? How could we have ever seen this coming?! xD

No, but seriously, why are people surprised?
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You people honestly didn't expect Zenimax to charge cash for this or what?
    The entire reason I can even think of why Zenimax would add a feature like this - is to make money out of. (Which os completely okay, they're a business after all). And it's just pure, wasted(in the sense that they add nothing to the gameplay) cosmetics.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they should have done was made it like 250 crowns per 1 character or 2000 for account wide per 1 slot like Swtor does it

That's still a lot more expensive than SWTOR does, though. Like... a LOOOOT more expensive.

Swtor has 50$ account wide upgrades just as expensive

Those prices arent massively inflated in ESO though and credits are much easier to come by for those purchases.

Other unlocks you can just pay for by using your sub cartel coins or just do a one time purchase of some I have 7 characters in swtor and never felt the need too buy the account unlocks or buy a ton of cartel coins the most expensive things in ESO are cheap as hell in Swtor.

ive also never need too bother for most of the unlocks as I only ever buy the Ship, Capital world & new oddesyn teleports + maybe speed telepoloting 4 and 5 as you can pay for them with credits, the rest is just fluff really.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on February 12, 2018 5:50PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was very clear from the beginning that they're going to monetize the *** out of it.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@anitajoneb17_ESO Sorry you need to see this.. :(

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26295
    If you want to be able to have more than one custom Outfit available at any one time, you can acquire additional Outfit Slots from the in-game Crown Store.
    You can find additional Outfit Slots within the Crafting section, and you can have up to 10 Outfit Slots on any one character. Note that new Outfit Slots are not shared with the other characters on your account.

Well, that seems clear enough :-( Thanks for the info... (I wasn't hoping too much anyway... but still... ).

It sounds just so out of proportion !
    I understand that ZOS needs to make money, and that some game design aspects need to be taken into consideration (need for a gold sink, need to keep crafted gear attractive, etc. ) but... they didn't need to go THAT far, really...
    I guess there will be sale and rebates on those slots too, but... when ? and if....

Oh well... :'(

• RebelFireStorm
    RebelFireStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    More predatory practices!? How could we have ever seen this coming?! xD

No, but seriously, why are people surprised?

I'm not surprised. I'm not even disappointed. I'm just annoyed that apparently enough people fall for these practices that ZoS thinks it's profitable enough to continue them.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You people honestly didn't expect Zenimax to charge cash for this or what?
    The entire reason I can even think of why Zenimax would add a feature like this - is to make money out of. (Which os completely okay, they're a business after all). And it's just pure, wasted(in the sense that they add nothing to the gameplay) cosmetics.

Nobody is surprised they are charging cash for this. It was stated on day 1 announcement that there would be 1 free and additional outfit slots will be purchasable from the crown store. But they never breathed a word of prices.

What people are upset about is the outrageous cost of each outfit slot per character. As I pointed out earlier, it's the same as a whole entire new character slot.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you pay an arm and a leg, you have fewer slots, so it all balances out! Amirite? face_whatsthedeal.png
  • RebelFireStorm
    RebelFireStorm
    ✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Those prices arent massively inflated in ESO though and credits are much easier to come by for those purchases.

Other unlocks you can just pay for by using your sub cartel coins or just do a one time purchase of some I have 7 characters in swtor and never felt the need too buy the account unlocks or buy a ton of cartel coins the most expensive things in ESO are cheap as hell in Swtor.

ive also never need too bother for most of the unlocks as I only ever buy the Ship, Capital world & new oddesyn teleports + maybe speed telepoloting 4 and 5 as you can pay for them with credits, the rest is just fluff really.

Besides, I was comparing a specific system to another specific system. Not the overall games. But yeah, SWTOR charging 50 for a single saber skin is insane, but just like with ESO, there are enough idiots buying it to justify it to the companies.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't care how much the slots cost if they were account wide. They aren't. Nice to know I collected a *** ton of motifs on one character that I don't even play anymore and I can't use them for outfits.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • shiningforce
    shiningforce
    ✭✭✭
    Another Scam
    -- It is easy to be a Jerk Online; what do you win? Being Kind people remember you, help you, befriend you and you feel good too.
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can more or less understand how they arrived at this decision from a business perspective. They must have assumed either that a) most people will either just use the default slot (so might as well charge anyone who wants extra slots as much as possible as it's a one-time sale), or b) the people who really want extra slots are also likely the people who already spend meaningful money in-game (so they'll eat the price because they always do). Or both.

I am not going to argue whether the above assumptions are correct, especially since we'll see within a few months' time. Moreover, for every person who complains about the price today I would expect at least one other person who gleefully scoops up a slot during the next half-off sale, whenever that occurs.

Either way, since they (but not we) see all their sales across all their products, one might as well assume that they are following some sort of a deliberate pricing strategy, and no amount of wishing by players is going to change that. [Only an actual boycott or some such, which I doubt the forums are equipped to organize or sustain.]
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Besides, I was comparing a specific system to another specific system. Not the overall games. But yeah, SWTOR charging 50 for a single saber skin is insane, but just like with ESO, there are enough idiots buying it to justify it to the companies.

Yeah that saber is ridiculously priced. Its ugly anyway tbh. Only the most obsessive compulsive person will buy it if I am honest. which wont be nearly as many as people think.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most requested features for years and this is how they deliver it. Absolutely shameful. If you want to charge that much for new outfit slots then get rid of the gold costs for changing them up. Your monetization strategies used to be so much better than this.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed a few non-constructive posts.Please be sure to keep this discussion civil and respectful.
    My comment was not civil or constructive? Or both? If customer's indignation with a bit of a humor is not a civil/constructive way to deliver a message to Zenimax company, then I don't have any illusions regarding customer's feedback. It's here just for the record, it's not working, right? Well, thanks for making it absolutely clear at least. :)
    Edited by logarifmik on February 12, 2018 6:03PM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    I wouldn't care how much the slots cost if they were account wide. They aren't. Nice to know I collected a *** ton of motifs on one character that I don't even play anymore and I can't use them for outfits.

That, you can.
    As long as one of your character has learned a motif, that motif is available to ALL your characters for the purpose of customizing your outfit.
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    orim wrote: »
    is there at least one free slot for all chars?

@orim Yes each character gets 1 free slot. That means to change outfits you must go find an outfit station and pay gold (or an outfit token) to change it. You can't have multiple outfits to toggle on the go.

Wait ... once you've made a costume you can't switch back and forth to and from it without an outfit station?

• Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    And get this: it's 400 crowns per 1 outfit change token.

Been saying it since the update first hit the PTS: the outfit system is the biggest pile of BS to hit the game in a while.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    orim wrote: »
    is there at least one free slot for all chars?

@orim Yes each character gets 1 free slot. That means to change outfits you must go find an outfit station and pay gold (or an outfit token) to change it. You can't have multiple outfits to toggle on the go.

Wait ... once you've made a costume you can't switch back and forth to and from it without an outfit station?

Yes, you can... but only if you have TWO outfit slots. And they give you just ONE for free, the second one costs 1500 crowns PER CHARACTER.
    With only one slot, you're left with just two options to choose from on the fly : with outfit, or without (the armor you're wearing).
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop deleting posts in this thread. People have a right to voice their discontent if they are civil when doing. Deleting them just because one disagrees is not the way to engage the community. This is how rifts are created..
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    always when i see the ZOS logo on a thread i think its a response to the criticism but nope...its always a completly pointless comment about the removal of posts...