Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.3.3

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Can dodge dive now but didn't compensate for the change, it's honestly these type of changes that make me think the dev team is full of first timers; plus you guys constantly contradict yourselves. Yay nerfed dive but still haven't touched stam wardens which is ridiculous, I don't know why anyone would applaud this obvious incompetence.

Dives uniqueness is in its delay. It is fine, it deals high damage and even heals a bit. No compensation needed.

Pve warden needs stuff, but pvp, both specs are still good.

Lmao what?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can dodge dive now but didn't compensate for the change, it's honestly these type of changes that make me think the dev team is full of first timers; plus you guys constantly contradict yourselves. Yay nerfed dive but still haven't touched stam wardens which is ridiculous, I don't know why anyone would applaud this obvious incompetence.

Dives uniqueness is in its delay. It is fine, it deals high damage and even heals a bit. No compensation needed.

Unique delay huh? Wtf kind of twisting is this?

It's strictly worse than: pulse, frag, or swallow. Why the F would you run a delayed, dodgeable, ability when you can run pulse which is instant, acts as 3 attacks and can apply a whole sort of effects?

Because you can line it up with pulse and shalk. That is why. Come on MR 9 star. I thought that you would know delayed burst is best by now.

Only issue is its quite telegraphed, but I recall that magden has one of the biggest burst combos in game.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dive will need a damage buff and a speed buff now. Making it dodgable completely destroys mag warden for pvp. Example burst combo: deep fissure, bird (dodged), light attack, bird (hit), light attack (dodged), crushing shock. Oh, the opponent didn't take much damage because they dodged 2 attacks... Now you HAVE to wait another 3 secs before you can get another burst combo off and that's IF you don't have to heal or go defensive. Not to mention... NO EXECUTE.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's strictly worse than: pulse, frag, or swallow. Why the F would you run a delayed, dodgeable, ability when you can run pulse which is instant, acts as 3 attacks and can apply a whole sort of effects?

Because you can line it up with pulse and shalk. That is why. Come on MR 9 star. I thought that you would know delayed burst is best by now.

Only issue is its quite telegraphed, but I recall that magden has one of the biggest burst combos in game.

Well I'm on console so walking side ways is a hard counter to shalk
    And roll dodge now counters the rest of the warden line up.

Seeing as I've played a warden for a time, I can tell you, no mag warden has compared to mDK or NBs in duels.

And in open world the Stam version is clearly superior (even arguably OP) which wasn't touched AT ALL.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I need some clarification: So are all DoTs now unblockable? Burning Embers, Fiery Breath, etc? You use Curse and Backlash as examples of unblockable DoTs, but those have always been unblockable.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Dive will need a damage buff and a speed buff now. Making it dodgable completely destroys mag warden for pvp. Example burst combo: deep fissure, bird (dodged), light attack, bird (hit), light attack (dodged), crushing shock. Oh, the opponent didn't take much damage because they dodged 2 attacks... Now you HAVE to wait another 3 secs before you can get another burst combo off and that's IF you don't have to heal or go defensive. Not to mention... NO EXECUTE.

Yeah agreed. Needs a bit of a buff/rework... along with other Warden skills but ZOS can't buff/rework Warden too much since you have to pay for Morrowind to play the class... that would probably get dangerously close to the "P2W" boat. They should just make Warden's a part of the base game and problem solved.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Sad day for zerg surfing bird spamming wardens. Good. Was no surprise when all the prolific zergling Xv1 types gravitated to and coalesced on this class.

Also great change on the snare reduction on low slash, that skill did way too much.
    Hey, are magwarden duelers ded now?

They weren't before?

Who the f takes a warden to an NB or mDK fight?
    mdks? were really easy.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

Yeah agreed. Needs a bit of a buff/rework... along with other Warden skills but ZOS can't buff/rework Warden too much since you have to pay for Morrowind to play the class... that would probably get dangerously close to the "P2W" boat. They should just make Warden's a part of the base game and problem solved.

Right. Yes the delay makes the mag wardens burst great, but only if the skills actually land. If they don't land, ie dodged, the delay hurts them SEVERELY. You cant say the delay is a good thing if one or 2 skills are dodged because it makes them have to wait and recast the same burst rotation only for more skills to be dodged. Did i mention they have NO EXECUTE? They dont have constant pressure with dots like mag dks do. And the bear is beyond a joke as an execute.....
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acid Spray is a cone effect that can outright miss targets directly in front of you, is still dodgeable.
    Whirlwind is a 360 degree AOE that cannot miss targets in range, but is also no undodgeable?

WTF?
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on January 29, 2018 7:20PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Seeing as I've played a warden for a time, I can tell you, no mag warden has compared to mDK or NBs in duels.

And in open world the Stam version is clearly superior (even arguably OP) which wasn't touched AT ALL.

I don't disagree with any of what is said. Shalks are risk/reward heavy, but if you run a 2h, it shouldn't be countered too heavy. Not quite sure about the console bit.

Yeah duel NB/DK is on top, but the game isn't quite balanced around it, if balanced around anything at all. The group support and OW that warden has is still above quite a few other classes. As for stamden, I don't quite know. 7th is hit, so the broken survival should go down, but not quite sure what to change without hitting magden, which outside of birdspam is quite balanced.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, and free class change token for mDK would be greatly appreciated.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for listening to all the feedback about the block cost changes being horrible and correcting that!

/s

-- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And no news for werewolves, like usual and a load full of nerfs. Talk about lowering the ceiling and the floor
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DODGE THIS!
    PC EU
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't disagree with any of what is said. Shalks are risk/reward heavy, but if you run a 2h, it shouldn't be countered too heavy. Not quite sure about the console bit.

Yeah duel NB/DK is on top, but the game isn't quite balanced around it, if balanced around anything at all. The group support and OW that warden has is still above quite a few other classes. As for stamden, I don't quite know. 7th is hit, so the broken survival should go down, but not quite sure what to change without hitting magden, which outside of birdspam is quite balanced.

Its above a mag templar? No. Above a mag dk? No. Above a mag NB? No. What about a stam warden? Nope. So then surely a stam templar? Oh its not... hmmm well at least their bird are still undodg... Oh yeah.... There's that...
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Attacks that cannot be blocked or dodged
    • Damage on the ground such as Wall of Elements, Caltrops, or Lightning Splash.
    • Effects that are on or inside a player character, such as Daedric Curse, or Backlash. (Damage over time effects)

@ZOS_GinaBruno this bolded part is very confusingly worded. Neither Curse nor Backlash is a damage-over-time effect, at least not in the way most players use that term. Curse and Backlash deal direct damage after a certain amount of time, and they have always been unblockable. Abilities that deal x damage over y seconds (like Poison Arrow or Sunfire) or x damage every 1 second for y seconds (like Lightning Form) are generally considered damage-over-time skills, and they are currently blockable. Are these now being made unblockable?

Can you clarify?
    Edited by casparian on January 29, 2018 7:24PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, dodge becoming the magic button now. BBL, levelling my bosmer stamsorc for juicy untouchability.

Again, the winers won.

Edit: also congrats on killing the most reliable heal mDK had.
    Edited by Leandor on January 29, 2018 7:48PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm actually not sure why wardens weren't using force pulse to begin with?
    8% boost to the ice damage made it similar to sorcs running destro force pulse for so long with their boost to lighting.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Its above a mag templar? No. Above a mag dk? No. Above a mag NB? No. What about a stam warden? Nope. So then surely a stam templar? Oh its not... hmmm well at least their bird are still undodg... Oh yeah.... There's that...

OW: Magplar. Yes. MagDK. Yes. StamDK, yes. Stamsorc. Yes Magblade. Nope. Stamden. Nope. Stamplar. About same. Magsorcs, About same.

Group utility: Magplar: No. MagDK: Yes StamDK: Far yes. Stamsorc: Yes. MagNB. Same. Stamden. Yes. Stamplar. Yes. Magsorc. Same.

They have very high burst damage, delayed bird, shalks being shalks, good healing, (for groups too), good sustain and decent mobility. The only place I would say they aren't good in is duels. That is literally it.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

8% boost to the ice damage made it similar to sorcs running destro force pulse for so long with their boost to lighting.
    I ran force shock 100% of the time, the point was landing shalk-dive-shock/ult at the same time.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best patchnotes since a long time. Thank you for finally adressing low slash's out of hand slow. Great
    I'm a bit shocked about the sudden cliffracer change. This ability has nothing going for it besides being undodgeable. But well
    Edited by Dracane on January 29, 2018 7:31PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you be speeding up the dive animation to compensate for it being dodgeable? I remember the justification for dive being undodgeable was that it was too easy to see coming.
    Also this changes nothing since everyone has access to an undodgeable attack in Force shock. It costs a little more and does a little bit less damage but it is effected by racial passives and has some innate penetration.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    If i block an unblockable ability does it still cost me resources?
    Technically it should not. It should only "cost" you lack of stamina recovery while you hold block.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually where I think about it.... Warden still has the strongest targeted dot with fetcher flies and a strong unblockable, undodgeable aoe burst. Cliffracer being undodgeable only means less facerollling of medium armor opponents.

I am under the impression, that the changes made in this patch sound like a nice indirect buff for medium armor and I am hoping to see more medium armor player instead of boring heavy armor, now where one major killer of medium armor is gone. I think I'm excited :)
    Edited by Dracane on January 29, 2018 7:40PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    zkdx33knorc3.jpg

1lg057s6vw9e.png
    Developer Comment - Block and Dodge Rulesets: We’ve updated several abilities so they better adhere to our block and dodge mechanics. The system is set up to be intuitive – attacks on the ground such as fire or Caltrops cannot be blocked or dodged. We also want dodging to be useful during some instances, and blocking to be useful at other times. The ruleset is as follows:
    • Attacks that can be blocked, but not dodged
      • AoE explosions such as Radial Sweep, Spear Shards’ initial hit, or Drain Power.
      • Beam attacks such as Radiant Destruction, Lightning Staff, or Soul Strike.
    Exceptions to these rules will be stated each ability’s tooltip, such as Fiery Grip which cannot be dodged or reflected.

I love the standardization!

@ZOS_GinaBruno I saw that Eye of the Storm is not included as changed to being blockable but not dodgeable like many other skills. Was this overlooked (it is a recurring AoE explosion), or is it going to be an exception...

Is it currently an exception? I looked at your other definitions and definitely think it does not classify as either a ground effect nor an effect on a player, as it is a PBAoE and more closely resembles a Whirlwind in its effect than a ground effect like Standard/WoE etc.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, are magwarden duelers ded now?

I can count on one hand the mag wardens I found to be respectable, and you are one of em. If anyone can still make it work effectively, its you.

My angst isn't directed towards you tho, but rather the legions of people who never leave the safety of numbers and gleefully spam this one damn skill at stam small scalers. And then if caught alone, frantically flee while holding block and spamming tree ultis till they get back to a friendly keep/zerg. Almost as disgraceful of a play style as the Xv1 ganker.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OW: Magplar. Yes. MagDK. Yes. StamDK, yes. Stamsorc. Yes Magblade. Nope. Stamden. Nope. Stamplar. About same. Magsorcs, About same.

Group utility: Magplar: No. MagDK: Yes StamDK: Far yes. Stamsorc: Yes. MagNB. Same. Stamden. Yes. Stamplar. Yes. Magsorc. Same.

They have very high burst damage, delayed bird, shalks being shalks, good healing, (for groups too), good sustain and decent mobility. The only place I would say they aren't good in is duels. That is literally it.

Not with this change. You're way off lol. Sorcs have an execute. Mag dk group utility with being tanky and mass air cc is much better. Mag nb is hardly "the same". Some BOLD statements you're making. Tell me what a mag warden is slotting to have "good" heals. They've nerfed healing thicket and budding seeds. Solo which skill you referring to for healing? Please say a resto staff skill lol pleaseeeee
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I ran force shock 100% of the time, the point was landing shalk-dive-shock/ult at the same time.

Can't you still do that?
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you be speeding up the dive animation to compensate for it being dodgeable? I remember the justification for dive being undodgeable was that it was too easy to see coming.
    Also this changes nothing since everyone has access to an undodgeable attack in Force shock. It costs a little more and does a little bit less damage but it is effected by racial passives and has some innate penetration.

I agree, it should be sped up to compensated.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice all the complainers, constantly ruin this game...thanks let's go ahead and make everything in the game dodgable now? Maybe if people learned to get better, instead of wanting all these nerfs the game would be enjoyable. Why can't we get a whole new pvp map instead? There's no way that these nerfs are occurring when we have alot of broken skills in the game? I need to upload the videos I have been taking of the game being messed up, I wish they would stop focusing on the wrong stuff.

If flame lash and searing strikes are dodgable then you guys should increase the damage, or nerf sets and abilities that grant a bonus to dodging if you haven't already.
    Edited by regime211 on January 29, 2018 7:58PM