The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played on PC the first year of the games release before consoles and then transferred.
    This was during the days of no AoE caps, dynamic ultimates and OP Vamp DKs owning everything with batswarm.
    In no way was it as bad as it is now because you couldn't jump alliances at the drop of a pin.
    Just today I was fighting alongside a well know blue on red only to be ambushed by him on his blue a half hour later.
    This is the number one morale killer of this game in spite of what anyone says if you have half a drop of competitive blood in your veins.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are all of you switching campaigns?

do you mean - "why are we switching characters, who are on different factions, on the same campaign"?

for myself - the lore stuff never really meant a whole lot to me...as soon as I could I put all my characters in to the same, most populated, 30 campaign: azura's star > scourge > vivec...

I just like to fight...

I wanted a fairly consistent play experience for all my characters...my characters are whom i'm most loyal to...

when I play, depending on that character's faction, i'm all in, committed to helping that faction, at that time, as much as I can...

generally I don't really care too much what other people do, or - how they play...

to each their own...

for myself, i absolutely loved our last campaign - it was super even and balanced...this campaign kind of sucks...

I'll spend a lot more time on AD and EP then I will DC this campaign to try to help balance the populations - but, for the most part it's on zos to help keep the pop's balanced...

Edit: installing a faction switch timer - 3 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours - something, would go a long way towards curbing some of the trolling which goes on...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 15, 2018 9:47PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone used that feature in text chat: SAY > /played

I added up all my characters the other day and it came to about 125 days...

if you think about it - seeing how it's impossible to stay awake and play 24 hours a day for a 125 days straight...it's realistically more like playing 8 hours a day for 375 days - straight...

if you looked at it like a job, where you have weekends, sick time, holidays and vacation - it's like working a full time job for over a year and a half...

that's a lot of time - i'm sure there are some folks out there who have me beat by a good bit...

majority of my in game time is spent in cyrodiil, and to a lesser extent - imperial city...

eso pvp is like a hobby/habbit/obession/addiction to me - enjoyment...

occasionally I may get irritated or annoyed by a player or situation - for the most part though - I don't get too emotional about any of it...

that may just be me though...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 15, 2018 10:16PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oops, sorry @generalmyrick ...totally misunderstood you...

I got a little emotional :#

hahahahaha...

yeah man, not sure how to even spell it - but, Vivec is pretty wack (?) at the moment...

makes good sense for a lot of players to go to shor, or even sotha sil...

I can't remember the last time I saw an even zerg fight on vivec...

some fun smale scale no doubt (as always)...but, it's mostly roll or get rolled at the moment...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 16, 2018 3:09AM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

yeah man, not sure how to even spell it - but, Vivec is pretty wack (?) at the moment...

we messaged earlier! i know.

but this is the detail im trying to get out of AD diehards (im yellow to the core--except sewers, i run whatever in sewers.)

what do you people (who play a majority of the time) mean when you say its "wack". someone told me it was "aids." like give me something specific...what's the problem with vivec that old yellows just mass switched to shor?

very curious ;-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    When EP won its first Azura campaign, it was amazing because we couldn't switch alliances back then. We were locked in so there was a lot of pride. We didn't win again for another year.

My first guild was TSlugs back in Juliek or Rislav a couple of weeks after launch. I didn't know what guilds were, but I remember getting killed while sieging Bleakers by myself and some guy named Lysurgic rez'd me and then invited me to his guild.

After a year, I just got curious about what the other home bases looked like and what it would be like playing on AD and DC so I left the slugs because they were die hard EP.

Now I'm like geo and just play to play and help the 2nd and 3rd place alliances.

Playing in Shor has been a lot of fun lately while waiting to get into Vivec. Funny to hear the Shor players shouting in text chat for the Vivec players to get out. It's a game....I play where I want, buddy.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on January 15, 2018 11:05PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched my friends 3vX BBills entire group (20+ at least) at Drakelowe. EP's leaders are weak. Atrocity is what EP needs the most. Atrocity is the number 1 guild on PS4 NA for PVP, then Tbaggers, Bangbros, and Resurgence players. All organized groups that hold off entire zergs letting EP push some. The problem with Atrocity is every time they get on EP, everyone hates on them screaming "transfactional" when they're the best players on PS4 NA all in a single group coming to HELP EP. Atrocity is Bacon and Nes's guild. Slugs are trying to mass report them all to get them banned and have started their nonsense on a lot of the ESO Facebook pages. Honestly, I don't even know whats wrong with the community anymore. I can't help being an ass to those in zone chat. The amount of hypocrisy and nonsense in there is absurd.
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on January 18, 2018 6:38AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody keeps saying EP leaders are weak, there are no EP leaders any more.
    Yeah you man handled some pug BBill runs Abyss, you have never done that to the Warriors when we are on in force.
    Yes we have a problem with people who only show up once in a while and then the next day are right back in our face on the other side. The Slugs don't represent all of EP in the first place, as an ex Warrior you of all people know Slugs and Warriors don't mix, it is part of the problem.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don’t mix?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, even though some are in both guilds there has always been back and forth between the two guilds due to our opposing play styles. I will leave it at that.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think they'd see past differences and at least try to unite under their own faction banner...

But some just can't let bad blood go smh
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Atrocity is every time they get on EP everyone hates on them screaming transactional when they're the best players on PS4 NA all in a single group coming to HELP EP.
    That's truly a shame. I mean, let's face it - EP needs all the help they can get.

Stoney is right about group sizes not really being an issue. Guilds run across guild chat and can run as many as 80 deep at times. By lowering the "Pick-Up Group" size, I fear the imbalance would only get worse. At least with 23 randoms and a semi-decent crown, there's some hope that the faction might not get run completely over. I also like that he's into teaching - that's so important in this game. Even now, I see EP players using fire ballistas against walls (doing 50% of the damage of a straight ballista) or hitting side doors with siege, which does no damage at all.

These days, if it takes you longer than 2-3 mins to flip a keep, you're going to get killed. Always amazes me to roll up and find 40 reds milling around the front door of a keep with 3 of them on siege. It's 20/20, or you're gonna wipe.

Gooch tried coming to EP a couple of times, and was driven out by salt (I assume). I'd love to see some good players come over and give us a hand. I have open guild slots and will roll with anyone who is competent and knows what they're doing. What I don't have are any characters on other factions - Just don't really have the time for that grind.

AD is heavy in Shor at the moment. Sanj was crowned emp when I was on last night. Shor has become as competitive as Vivec this time around.

PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reducing group size won’t help because people will just jump into guild chat.
    People don’t want to hear it but if you want to kill madden zergs you can’t run a 2H and bow.
    I had plenty of times jumping off a jeep dreaming of killing that Zerg.
    Did I go on forums and complain (not saying you’re) but I didn’t, I found players that had the same philosophy I share in game.
    Which is yea it is a large scale group game, but even irl we have Spartans and navy seals and speacil Op groups.
    So when people cry about smaller groups killing bigger groups and say how it’s not realistic People should pick up a history book.
    With AOE caps getting removed, the solo elitist community needs to get their heads out their butts and get a group together, and put their egos to the side.

Once upon a time many of us didn’t know how to play, I was lucky and learned from PC transfers so we must pass the information to the new comers.

Glad I got the PSN messenger app on my phone. I can copy/paste the PTS patch notes right into that so we can all know whats on the horizon. Makes everyone more prepared.

WillofSteel_ whispered me about my build last night and I briefly mentioned some of the new stuff on the way. Told him, it was a no brainer to build a magnb with the intention of bombing next patch.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 16, 2018 2:19PM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    The problem with Atrocity is every time they get on EP everyone hates on them screaming transactional when they're the best players on PS4 NA all in a single group coming to HELP EP.
    That's truly a shame. I mean, let's face it - EP needs all the help they can get.

Stoney is right about group sizes not really being an issue. Guilds run across guild chat and can run as many as 80 deep at times. By lowering the "Pick-Up Group" size, I fear the imbalance would only get worse. At least with 23 randoms and a semi-decent crown, there's some hope that the faction might not get run completely over. I also like that he's into teaching - that's so important in this game. Even now, I see EP players using fire ballistas against walls (doing 50% of the damage of a straight ballista) or hitting side doors with siege, which does no damage at all.

These days, if it takes you longer than 2-3 mins to flip a keep, you're going to get killed. Always amazes me to roll up and find 40 reds milling around the front door of a keep with 3 of them on siege. It's 20/20, or you're gonna wipe.

Gooch tried coming to EP a couple of times, and was driven out by salt (I assume). I'd love to see some good players come over and give us a hand. I have open guild slots and will roll with anyone who is competent and knows what they're doing. What I don't have are any characters on other factions - Just don't really have the time for that grind.

AD is heavy in Shor at the moment. Sanj was crowned emp when I was on last night. Shor has become as competitive as Vivec this time around.

I switched to Shor last Friday. This game has a lot of performance issues in PVP and Vivec just amplifies them. Shor has been a blast.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree that too many EP die hards from launch destroy any alliance effort. Yes, I remember how the Slugs would not align with the Warriors, E Raiders, etc. It was frustrating. Epic arguments on area chat before text chat.

And Yes I remember when EP was winning after 2 weeks when Bacon or Gooch were on EP during separate campaigns, only to drive them away on zone chat and then lose the campaign. Twice.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree that too many EP die hards from launch destroy any alliance effort. Yes, I remember how the Slugs would not align with the Warriors, E Raiders, etc. It was frustrating. Epic arguments on area chat before text chat.

And Yes I remember when EP was winning after 2 weeks when Bacon or Gooch were on EP during separate campaigns, only to drive them away on zone chat and then lose the campaign. Twice.

With due respect sometimes integrity is worth more than winning.
    Nothing against Bacon, he is welcome anytime.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 16, 2018 5:46PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just never understood the hate. Was everyone angry because they lost against these guys? I remember Gooch saying in zone chat that he will stay on until Insanity gets emp. Every time Bacon would call out anything in chat, the usual players would tell him to leave. I got wrekt'd by Bacon's group several times when he was always emp in DC, but I didn't have any animosity. I see the same thing in DC with Stoney.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bacon is not the issue, I cannot go into details about the other because of naming and shaming rules.
    Problems go way back.
    But for what it is worth I had resigned myself to playing when Gooch was on anyway willing to give him a chance.
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 16, 2018 5:57PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Understood. We have different experiences.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on January 16, 2018 5:57PM
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    What I see is a beef between PvDooring playing AP gains and then the AP gains from tryharding with kills and zergs busts.

The politics is always the same, so and so wants emp and feels he or she deserves it but the person or people on the top 10 aren’t going to just drop for random people who can’t even hold their emp so drama happens.
    Doesn’t matter what alliance it is, it happens.

I’m not a fan of let’s pass emp for the achievement around.
    I’d rather have a EMP that has his own emp group and can handle his own vs a emp that’s in a 24 man and you don’t even notice it’s a emp group.
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I see is a beef between PvDooring playing AP gains and then the AP gains from tryharding with kills and zergs busts.

The politics is always the same, so and so wants emp and feels he or she deserves it but the person or people on the top 10 aren’t going to just drop for random people who can’t even hold their emp so drama happens.
    Doesn’t matter what alliance it is, it happens.

I’m not a fan of let’s pass emp for the achievement around.
    I’d rather have a EMP that has his own emp group and can handle his own vs a emp that’s in a 24 man and you don’t even notice it’s a emp group.

But having the same emp for over a year because of 24 hour play enabled by account sharing is not good either.
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly there’s nothing you can do about someone who wants to spend their whole life playing a video game and being a emp.
    I guess find the person you like and support that emp like a president? Lmao
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes-No-Prisoner for emperor!
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    To Grand Warlord Sorcolin
    Re: Nikel Outpost

The air was frosty that morning. The water vapor in our breath hung in front of our faces on every exhale. Well, every face except for a nearby stam DK, he had some kind of poisonous gas floating through his beard. It was either residue from a previous Noxious Breath or some kind of ale and fishy sticks combination. It looked bad and smelled even worse. Dentistry in Tamriel leaves a lot to be desired.

It was quiet right now. So quiet you could hear people tighten their grip on their swords. Scouts had reported earlier that a large Covenant force was moving in towards Nikel and we were ready. As ready as we could be anyway, after our failed push on Fort Ash. The silence was broken by a nearby honor guard, "Naemon should have had the throne!" Remind me after this is over to have the Queen's Eyes look into that guy's ties to the Veil.

Earlier there were reports of skirmishes with a band of Pact soldiers nearby luring our troops away from the Outpost, only to be jumped and murdered by several more bandits hiding nearby. Have these guys no honor? Boom! Boom-boom-boom! The Covenant forces have arrived and rather than knocking down the door they are hitting the north wall. I throw up some anti-siege lightning ballista, that'll slow down the guy trying to run three ballistas on his own. The force is smaller than General Madden's armies but initial reports have described this band, led by General @Stoney_McGeee , to be efficient, bloodthirsty, and organized. If they break in, we could be in some trouble. I'm targeting their siege rather than the players to try to prevent that wall from falling. I feel a lot better with a wall between them and I. A small band of AD soldiers engaged the enemy outside but they looked to be in trouble. Suddenly the band of Pact marauders from earlier slammed into the rear flank of the Covenant forces and chaos ensued. We had a three-way battle on our hands!

Suddenly, I recalled my masonry roots and went to patch up the wall while there was a gap between ballista shots. It was at around 30% and I and a few others managed to get it back to 60% before the siege resumed. It was only a stray shot though, and between our forces and the Pact band, the DC group was routed. Quickly we patched up the wall and went out the side door. By this point a larger Dominion force had arrived and it was mostly mop up duty. Beam! Another beam, and the last of the enemy are gone. We survived this one but I don't think we can count on the Pact bailing us out again. We need to get organized or General Stoney is going to have our forces for breakfast.

For now though, the calm resettled over everything. Our breath steamed the air, and the Dominion had a victory. A small one, but a victory none-the-less.
    Edited by Ballcap on January 16, 2018 7:51PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Ballcap ...i hope the missus is taking good care of you and you're feeling better :)
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just honestly believe the emperor system should be taken out of the game all together it really has no real purpose and alliance lock should be implemented once you are part of that alliance you have to remain on that alliance until the end on the campaign no switching no matter what and also they should remove resources and towns and imperial city flags all together only leave keeps to defend or take and the amount of ap should be raised for defending just my opinion
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player politics is what originally removed the alliance lock on accounts. Putting it back in does not solve population imbalances.

People are what solve population imbalances.
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    I just honestly believe the emperor system should be taken out of the game all together it really has no real purpose and alliance lock should be implemented once you are part of that alliance you have to remain on that alliance until the end on the campaign no switching no matter what and also they should remove resources and towns and imperial city flags all together only leave keeps to defend or take and the amount of ap should be raised for defending just my opinion

I like the idea of being Emp only once per campaign cycle. After you've been Emp once in the campaign, the next highest point total will be crowned next time all the inner keeps are captured. Sometimes you look at the #1 point totals and they are so far ahead of #2 it's crazy. It's either that person for Emp or no one. I believe it would make the campaigns more dynamic if more people had a shot at emp. Let's say you're the #5 guy, suddenly crowning an Emp for the fourth time looks interesting because you would be next after the dethrone. Maybe that would lead to chain emp crownings and dethrones and it would probably happen a couple times but it's hard to get everyone to agree and be organized enough to do it between all three factions.
    Edited by Ballcap on January 16, 2018 8:05PM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    Jake1576 wrote: »

I like the idea of being Emp only once per campaign cycle. After you've been Emp once in the campaign, the next highest point total will be crowned next time all the inner keeps are captured. Sometimes you look at the #1 point totals and they are so far ahead of #2 it's crazy. It's either that person for Emp or no one. I believe it would make the campaigns more dynamic if more people had a shot at emp. Let's say you're the #5 guy, suddenly crowning an Emp for the fourth time looks interesting because you would be next after the dethrone. Maybe that would lead to chain emp crownings and dethrones and it would probably happen a couple times but it's hard to get everyone to agree and be organized enough to do it between all three factions.

I posted a rather lengthy thread on this in the PTS forum if any of you guys want to weigh in.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/390358/gaining-emperor-status-in-cyordiil-is-a-flawed-system-that-impacts-the-core-of-pvp/p1?new=1
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still have (1) more character to get 100k on...it's my DC mag blade...he's also my main and does most crafting for me...

definitely have gone through a lot of changes with this character...took me a long time to settle in on a good build and skill rotation...right now i have him in velidreth (wanna give the nerien'eth set a try, but, need 1 more piece), torug's pact and spinners (on DW bar)...after going to 5 heavy/2 light feels much better, also switched up to weapon/spell damage glyphs...

still need to polish his 1v1 rotations a bit...

i have the infernal guardian set - but - i'm pretty sure neither cloak or mirage will proc it...the only other complete monster sets i have are: selene's, maw of the infernal, valkyn skoria and molag kena...i actually kind of had fun using kena on my stam sorc...

my mag blade can put out a little damage now; and, unless someone hits me with detect pots or abilities - he just doesn't have to die...

with two weeks left in the campaign though, i'm in absolutely no rush to jump back in to Vivec...hopefully some of the DC players will start getting bored of rolling all over the map and their pop will drop a bit...

it's funny, with the mechanism zos is using to keep the scores close, DC is still only leading by a few thousands points...

seriously, every time i check on Vivec - they have about 70 something current points for the next eval :p

right now trying to finish up the main quest on my EP nord magplar so i can get soul assault, need to figure a good way to work that and radiant oppression into some fights :D

i still haven't got meteor on any of my characters - the closest is level 9 on my main...i've just never got in to skyshard or lore book hunting...

also want to go farm the draugr hulk (direfrost keep) and bone pirate tatter (blackheart haven) sets...hopefully i can talk my buddy in to go do some dungeon farming with me...not that fond of having to do serious button mashing that goes along with fighting bunches of enemies or bosses with a gazillion health points - but - i want that stuff :s
    Edited by geonsocal on January 16, 2018 10:30PM