Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point the only way to have fun is to take small groups and harass DC back keeps and resources.
    EP just can't raise the numbers to combat DC zergs and AD just helping DC.

been doing a bunch of fighting at blue road keep and sejanus - sure wish AD would stay on their side of the bridge...

I get it though - much like it's really hard for EP to get Chalman back, it's hard for AD to capture and keep Roebeck right now...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 10, 2018 11:35PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, looks like we are back to the era of DC night cappers.
    You AD guys might want to also push blue.
    At this point the only way to have fun is to take small groups and harass DC back keeps and resources.
    It is amazing how many DC players get up so early in the morning to PvDoor.

Your morning is someone else's prime time. Night capping is a pointless term for an international 24/7 server.

Red push yellow when yellow are fighting blue and they push blue when blue are focusing yellow. As has been said over and over factions always choose the path of least resistance. If you think yellow are focusing red then you are not pushing yellow hard enough.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your morning is someone else's prime time. Night capping is a pointless term for an international 24/7 server.

Red push yellow when yellow are fighting blue and they push blue when blue are focusing yellow. As has been said over and over factions always choose the path of least resistance. If you think yellow are focusing red then you are not pushing yellow hard enough.

Sorry, this cross blue yellow faction hopping focusing red is a known fact and has been going on way too long.
    The real reason they do it is because despite our low numbers and disorganization EP has some of the most stubborn die hard players that would control the map if they didn't.

• reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, this cross blue yellow faction hopping focusing red is a known fact and has been going on way too long.
    The real reason they do it is because despite our low numbers and disorganization EP has some of the most stubborn die hard players that would control the map if they didn't.

I promise. There is no conspiracy against EP.

I quit last night because there was a bunch of DC and EP on Alessia bridge ganking yellows and I couldn't do anything productive.

Of course text chat was full of purple alliance rage. The reality is, they ignored each other because it was convenient for them.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What makes a keep Get level 5 resources? Those npc are brutal at that level. If your trying to capture it by yourself anyways.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    What makes a keep Get level 5 resources? Those npc are brutal at that level. If your trying to capture it by yourself anyways.
    Resources "level up" every 10 minutes. So a flipped resource for an enemy alliance reaches level 5 after about 40 minutes of being that color. I'm a stamblade and I can solo a level 5 resource, but I get bombarded with eclipse casts from the NPCs (I assume magica builds get a similar negate-style bubble too)

What I've found works best for me is to speed-run into the tower. That drags the healer and guard by the tower entrance in behind you. Get out of line-of-sight of the flag and kill them. Then head up top, kill the mage that overlooks the flag from the tower. Then go after the healers on the flag, followed by the guards. After that you can stand on the flag, where it takes an eternity to flip. The good news is that the resource doesn't flag as under attack until you start turning that flag, so map-watchers don't know the resource is being attacked until you've pretty much killed all the NPCs and you're standing on that flag.

PS4NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation and strategy for flipping. I usually stand there getting pounded with negates and eclipse constantly. It sucks pretty bad, but is doable. Can’t wait to try it out.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

What I've found works best for me is to speed-run into the tower. That drags the healer and guard by the tower entrance in behind you. Get out of line-of-sight of the flag and kill them.

I do this, it works really well. Then if an enemy player comes you just kite them to a good location.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

I quit last night because there was a bunch of DC and EP on Alessia bridge ganking yellows and I couldn't do anything productive.

Of course text chat was full of purple alliance rage. The reality is, they ignored each other because it was convenient for them.

The problem is the lines are so blurred now, it is so hard to tell who is truly EP, AD or DC because the ability to switch at will.
    There are few diehards left among us.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is the lines are so blurred now, it is so hard to tell who is truly EP, AD or DC because the ability to switch at will.
    Agreed. The other evening I saw three DC players taking an EP-owned resource. Two EP players were already in the area, the flag was unguarded, and I (foolishly) assumed they were defending.

So I moved in to even the playing field, only to get killed by the three DC players while the EP players just watched. After I died, the EP players set up oil and poured it on my dead body while the DC players watched. Evidently I'd interrupted some boosters without knowing it.

All part of the game I suppose. I wasn't happy though.
    PS4NA
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation and strategy for flipping. I usually stand there getting pounded with negates and eclipse constantly. It sucks pretty bad, but is doable. Can’t wait to try it out.
    If you're a DC player, I think you'll find this strategy works best against AD resources (lolol) :wink:
    PS4NA
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

Well that's definitely true. PVP used to be so much more than it is now. I doubt it will see those days again.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Defending a keep never makes sense to me. You get a fraction of the AP for a successful defend that takes 3 times longer than rolling another keep. I get the emp push and strategic cut offs. But I like to make AP while in Cyrodil.

The imperial city is it’s own beast. I don’t see it coming back to the slaughter fest the arena district once was. Especially if you can buy the same stuff with crowns or telvar.

I don’t know what Cyrodil once was to you, but it’s better than it’s ever been for me. Until next update anyways. Hehe
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Agreed. The other evening I saw three DC players taking an EP-owned resource. Two EP players were already in the area, the flag was unguarded, and I (foolishly) assumed they were defending.

So I moved in to even the playing field, only to get killed by the three DC players while the EP players just watched. After I died, the EP players set up oil and poured it on my dead body while the DC players watched. Evidently I'd interrupted some boosters without knowing it.

All part of the game I suppose. I wasn't happy though.

plus 1,000 on this, ugh that can be so freaking frustrating at times @dotme ...

especially when a campaign starts seriously favoring one faction...

similiar situations have happened a lot the last few days - ride up on some folks fighring and who knows what to do...

the tough part is when it happens right next to a keep/outpost/resource...

it's like wtf - I thought we are all supposed to be fighting???

as a solo player, it's easy to find yourself in those weird situations...

at times - makes me wish there was "friendly" fire in the game ;)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was back in IC last night...tried farming tel var upstairs in the district and just ended up doing quests mostly...

ugh, right now i have the "defeat molag bal's temple forces" quest on a couple of characters...i still haven't been able to solo that one...every time I get close I always fumble it towards the end...

I think the forums are starting to get to me a bit...had a couple of situations where I was hidden to some low level cp players whom were by themselves and engaged (one opening a chest, another fighting xivkyn) - buffed up, was ready to go through my rotations and just couldn't pull the trigger...

I kept thinking about all those posts I've read about people being upset and bummed out about getting ganked in IC and losing half their stones...

it made me weak :'(
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defending a keep never makes sense to me. You get a fraction of the AP for a successful defend that takes 3 times longer than rolling another keep. I get the emp push and strategic cut offs. But I like to make AP while in Cyrodil.

The imperial city is it’s own beast. I don’t see it coming back to the slaughter fest the arena district once was. Especially if you can buy the same stuff with crowns or telvar.

I don’t know what Cyrodil once was to you, but it’s better than it’s ever been for me. Until next update anyways. Hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8svirYFCsXY

(not my vid)

I'll be trying to use this with the next update. Going to be exciting ganking on melee MagNB ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a spectacular night in Cyrodil it was! Worth a 100+ que. Blues running the map smashing keep after keep....but it was a trap. I’m always skeptical about Alessia and thaught it was too good to be true and it was. Broke through the doors with minimal resistance and standing on the flags wandering where the heck all the reds were?

Then they unleashed hell fury. There had to be 3 full pact zergs come in and steamroll us. But I waited around to see what would happen. Then to my surprise, the yellow swarm came in like madness crushing the reds who didn’t even have time to catch their breath.

It was pretty epic. Guess you had to be there. It must have crushed some spirits because the reds went on a massive push afterwards and it was getting too late for me to see how it would play out, but it didn’t look good for blue.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The biggest problem for red this campaign that I have seen, when I have been playing, is the reds are either in Shor or on blues.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The biggest problem for red this campaign that I have seen, when I have been playing, is the reds are either in Shor or on blues.

Agreed, people just jump to what is perceived to be the winning side or jump to Shor to avoid lag.
    AD lost a lot of good players to DC as well.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Red has always had a leadership problem. Good leaders on red, well....I think dotme and Tequila already know about that already lol

I do want them to get stronger. It's much more interesting when they bring their muscle to the table in Vivec. Everyone can feel it.

That isn't a complaint, like Vivec is JUMPIN when red brings its forces, and AD all at once. It was legit fun last few hours of last campaign. I miss that soo much.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 12, 2018 2:21PM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the good thing about AD is the queue is minimal.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ready for your invite yet reiverx? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ready for your invite yet reiverx? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm hanging with AD for now. I was going to move on because AD were winning every campaign and I was getting bored with the game.

Now with AD being without groups/guilds/motivation/people who put up siege/etc, it is better to just stay where I am than join the DC steamroller. I think DC will dominate this year like they did in 2016.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember that year, we'll see though.

You can still play on your AD and be in Stoney's guild. Most of us don't have an issue fighting guildmates. I've done it to guild mates, and I just mess around with them about it when we kill each other.

Speaking of mess around, I saw CEN_TEX in guild chat last night. I need to rattle him up abit for dropping 5 destro's on our 10 man group back when we played yellow. ;)
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 12, 2018 4:57PM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had some more time to play but I've been sick. Yuck. Not even like the fun sick where you stay home from work and watch Price is Right but the real lying in bed sick. I wish I had "Purge" in real life.

That being said, I did get on for a brief time yesterday. The map looked good! Yellow had the "horns" and even Chalman. The only keep missing for Emp was Aleswell. It was weird though, no one was attacking it. On my solo way there I stumbled upon a yellow fighting a blue with a couple other blues standing around watching as well as another yellow spectator. I figured I had stumbled upon a duel so I was going to ignore it. One of the blue spectators attacked me though so I threw up block and walked backward trying to let him know I was not going to interfere. He wouldn't stop though so... TO ARMS! (Two legs too!)

What I had on my hands was a classic Wrecking Blow spammer. So I threw the old Total Dark on him. Now he's taking damage and healing me with each uppercut. Thanks buddy! I've been mixing up my skill bar lately just to keep it fresh and I was also running Blood Spawn for the first time (Which is awesome by the way). So the bubble expires and I'm throwing out some reflecting light. Burn! My Soul Assault is full now (thank you Blood Spawn) and after CC immunity expires I put another bubble on him plus Purifying Light and then I hit him in the face with Soul Assault. This gets him down to a sliver but still alive (which often happens), however the new twist to my attack is the burst from Purifying Light going off right when the beam ends. There's 20K damage that can't be blocked. I can't tell you how many times people have lasted through my Soul Assault (barely) and then healed back up. The purifying light is like the dot on the exclamation point though and really helps turn the nearly dead into really dead.

During my fight with this blue, another yellow had arrived and he was fighting the other two blue spectators and the two AD there at the start actually helped. I was glad to see that. It kind of bugs me when someone on my team stands there and doesn't help a teammate right in front of them. If you want to duel, there are plenty of places that aren't Cyrodiil or are out of the main traffic lanes to fight in.

I also joined a group for the first time in a while. They seemed like good people but unfortunately I couldn't play with them for long. I hadn't eaten all day and dinner called.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awwwwwww, sorry to hear you're not feeling well @Ballcap - i hope you're feeling better soon :)

i really appreciate how well you're able to articulate some of your fighting strategies and builds - it really helps me a lot...

i've spent a good bit of time making myself durable enough to fight around zergs - however, i need to improve on my gear and rotations for finishing players off in 1v1 situations...sometimes the best defense is a good offense...

as a solo player - although i enjoy the big zergy fights- i find myself involved in a lot of small scale stuff...

last night i was on a little early going though some characters (pretty much each day i need to log in to 4 or 5 characters to take care of mails, posting in guild banks, mount training - just checking on stuff :#) - while i was on my DC stam warden i noticed on the current score DC only had 28 points - woo hoo - figured it would be an excellent opportunity to get a chance to play on one of my DC characters...

after a 30 something queue got in and DC only owned their three back keeps - well, a couple of hours and almost 100k AP later - DC controlled a good bit of the map and crowned emp...

i think the secret for me being able to play DC this camp might be trying to play a little earlier in the evenings...as the night gets later they seem to get a death grip on the map...

i hate to admit it - but it was kind of fun to be on the side rolling through everyone's keeps - rather than being rolled over like i have been the last week or so :)

once i hit 100k i just hung out in arrius and got in to some fun small scale stuff with a few players - ran into a few different AD and EP players that were inside our gated keep...

as long as the keep's not flagged it's super fun to play really aggressive and if you die, rez right back inside the keep...

myself and a couple of others were able to thin out the interlopers on top of the outside walls - but, for one EP character that was there - no way myself and two other could kill them - the player kept on killing the other two (using the ww ult) - but, i wasn't gonna let them kill me too...i've come to perfect the whole roll dodging away to some friendly npcs move...

ever since i first went to IC i've come to learn fighting with some friendly npcs can make a big difference in the outcome of the fight...

what gets discouraging at times is those players who'll mow down all the npcs and then kill you too...thankfully there aren't a ton of those kind of players out there...

after a while gooch showed up and i got a chance to run away from his flying birds a few times...at level 38 his birds were hitting a whole lot harder than mine...still - not giving him the satisfaction of killing me if i could avoid it...doing that though is easier when there are some friendly allies around willing to go to their death fighting...

it was a little different, and, fun...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 13, 2018 12:04AM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ballcap I defended Nikel the other night for an hour or so for the guild Ballcap that owned it. :)
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    If the map is looking super blue like it has been lately, there is good odds I’ll be back to AD when they release The next patch.
    (Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing but a bunch of people who have no clue what they are doing on ad at the moment i'll never switch alliances ad since ps4 release but it's really disheartening being the only ad at a keep trying to defend it while all the other ad just stand around like a bunch of idiots or run to the alessia bridge while we have nothing damn i really wished they would remove that bridge and put a big boulder where it is so you have to go completely around it to get to sejanus lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on January 13, 2018 12:08AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fb9Rsqb.gif
    18hz22rney5f2gif.gif
    KCihcr6.gif
    giphy.gif