Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Fb9Rsqb.gif
    18hz22rney5f2gif.gif
    KCihcr6.gif
    giphy.gif

Lol yes exactly this haha
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ballcap I defended Nikel the other night for an hour or so for the guild Ballcap that owned it. :)

@PhxOldGamer68 Nice. I usually won’t claim castles because I like siege merchants to have a guildstore. However, outposts never have a guild store option. I wonder if that’s a bug? So I love to claim Nikel. I much prefer fighting Blues. I tend to blue screen more against reds.

Has anyone else noticed that when you claim an Outpost that there isn’t a store option from the siege merchant?

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though AD could use the leadership the top AD players that didn't switch seem intent on just trolling and farming resources rather than helping their alliance. Won't mention names but cliff racers, cliff racers, cliff racers and his dawnbreaker buddies. lol
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 13, 2018 1:19PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, take 2 full Allmadden groups to take an empty keep.
    gg
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    Even though AD could use the leadership the top AD players that didn't switch seem intent on just trolling and farming resources rather than helping their alliance. Won't mention names but cliff racers, cliff racers, cliff racers and his dawnbreaker buddies. lol

My problem with AD was a lot of times they assumed I was just farming rss and only trolling.
    After playing this game since release and leading groups you tend to want to switch it up and not keep hitting home keeps and working back up . Rense and repeat. Burnt out game play.

Anyone who runs with me knows, I love defending and don’t care for AP, I’m playing this game strictly for the entertainment and battles and competition.
    It’s just a game to me.

(Soulless Knights)
    AD Stoneey DK (Vr16) homeless
    AD StoneyHeals Templar (Vr16) homeless
    AD Stoknee NB (v1) Training
    AD Psychosis Sorc (37) Training
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DC MagNB should be 50 by the end of the day. Switching after the patch if blue is too strong does sound reasonable. In the mean time, need to See if AD and EP step it up.
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Stoney_McGeee I was at Nikel yesterday when your group came to siege it. You guys are really organized and if it wasn't for a group of reds trolling nearby I think you would have taken the Outpost. If you ever come to AD again, I'd love to run with your group. I don't like to talk, but I carry siege and follow crown. I can also run support or damage builds, whatever is needed.

Yesterday evening's PVP was not so great. There were groups doing the tower farm thing, which I don't care for. There was a group of reds outside Nikel that would try to lead people away and then mob them from stealth. I don't care for chasing either. I like the big battles, not when a keep gets steamrolled but when there is a battle outside between keeps or multiple breach defenses. There was none of that going on. It was either 20 plus AD retaking a farm or five AD defending a keep from 30 Blues. I'm not sure what was going on there.

The one thing that was odd at Nikel was a yellow player named Trashme followed by numbers. There were three of these guys there all with different numbers. They didn't do anything that I could see and didn't type in chat. They were also lower levels. Is that some kind of spying thing or are there really several different people hanging out together all named Trashme followed by numbers? They disappeared eventually but I thought that was weird.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ballcap

If you run with us, have a magic toon or stamwarden / stamsorc those are preferred. I think you meantioned you run magtemplar so that would work. If you need ideas for a build to run in group play just ask.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, our little group of 5 reds at Nickel were trolls. lmao.
    We were just hunting rabbits. o:)
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 13, 2018 8:46PM
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    We were just hunting rabbits.
    Bruh we had like 6 and ad was like 15+ and y’all tried to sandwich us.
    Like chilllllllllll with your heavy armor mofos lol

@Ballcap we’re always looking for players that are down to coordinate like that.
    Our goal isn’t to be a OP 24 man, we’ve been seeing some EP guilds trying to farm 24deep and it’s been hilarious to bomb them it’s been fun.
    (Soulless Knights)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually we are all nightblades. lol
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    We were just hunting rabbits. o:)

Lol. You all were good. I said trolls because you weren’t taking the keep, but instead killing chasers. You got me a couple times.

Out of curiosity, have I ever showed up in any of your death recaps? I know Tequila has killed me.
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I specifically remember Nbs a sorc and a dk and warden. At one point Ad and EP was both focusing on us and we had to relocate and find a higher ground.
    Yesterday we had a lot of players trying to challenge us, but I like the challenge.
    I honestly don’t like to waste ultis on 5 people or chasing tree huggers.
    Usually sit at 500ulti waiting for juicy bombs preferably.

My Group doesn’t chase unless you’re being a wanna be sypher.
    So it always surprises me when some people try to be sypher then complain about dieing or “you ulti dropped me”.

I wish people stopped complaining and just coordinated more.
    Next patch will be really interesting.
    (Soulless Knights)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a handful of nightblades playing together - now that sounds like a whole bunch of fun :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My problem with AD was a lot of times they assumed I was just farming rss and only trolling.
    After playing this game since release and leading groups you tend to want to switch it up and not keep hitting home keeps and working back up . Rense and repeat. Burnt out game play.

Anyone who runs with me knows, I love defending and don’t care for AP, I’m playing this game strictly for the entertainment and battles and competition.
    It’s just a game to me.

If u guys get bored on DC u might think about switching EP instead of going back to AD. The most competitive Campaigns there was last year was always when EP was doing well and keeping control of their side of the map. They could use another organized group taking keeps since their lacking on leaders there.
    Edited by Twohothardware on January 14, 2018 10:06AM
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭

It’s just a game to me.

If u guys get bored on DC u might think about switching EP instead of going back to AD. The most competitive Campaigns there was last year was always when EP was doing well and keeping control of their side of the map. They could use another organized group taking keeps since their lacking on leaders there.

I’ll never go ep, ep has leaders but the leadership just be on one , be on one as in not doing anything besides being cockroaches.

(Soulless Knights)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, we have good fighters but no leaders on much any more.
    I will watch out for your roach spray! :p
    Who is this EP leader you speak of anyway?
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 15, 2018 2:15AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woo hoo...got lucky number seven to tier 3 today...

did it on my altmer mag sorc fighting for the queen...

over the last year or so I've become increasingly more aware of the different character's stats...

it's weird - my mag sorc's stats are not impressive at all (my spell damage is only around 2.k unbuffed or so and max mag at about 33k) - but, man does he still hit hard...

despite wearing 7 light (2 pc grothdaar, 5pc impregnable, 5pc spinners on SnB) I try to stand and fight with the character (not super mobile)...he's really built for group/zerg play...

since I first started playing this character they have always done well in cyryodiil...

got a chance though to watch @Hatoreehanzo playing their mag sorc and man - totally jealous of their ability to utilize streak and really control the battlefield in an out numbered situation...

was really cool to watch them and another sorc take on a bunch of enemies and put on a clinic of leading the enemy to where they wanted and killing them...very cool...

I'll tell you, compared to the 3 AD and 1 DC characters to reach 100k AP - getting the 3 EP characters to the mark was definitely some work :)

seems like EP has been fighting 2 bars to AD and DC's 3 bars for a while now...

hoping the EP players are getting the low pop AP boost...they definitely deserve it this campaign...

hard to be completely objective while playing - but, it sure felt like it was EP and especially DC against AD earlier today...

spent a lot of time just trying to take back bloodmayne and black boot and not be constantly gated...

kinda felt good fighting against DC's evil empire...now I get to join them for a few days to finish out the last 3 characters...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 15, 2018 9:38AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭

Gawdly was running huge zergs and thunder pugs, and I’m sure there’s random groups.
    People just don’t want to work together and coordinate, it’s not a alliance issue it’s a community issue. It never made sense to me why EP would push DC when AD has the lead. Or AD pushing DC when EP have the lead.

“You can guide a horse to the river but you can’t force it to drink it”
    Edited by Stoney_McGeee on January 15, 2018 8:58AM
    (Soulless Knights)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    decided to jump on my DC stam dk to get a little late night action (sorry state of my social life I guess when playing eso is some late night "action" :p)...

i'm noticing more and more that my rotations, gear and cp are winning me fights in small scale...

my timing still sucks...i'm doing okay with my buffs, shields and heals...sustain is fine for the most part (switched a bunch of characters to either witchmothers brew or dubious camoran)...

it's just after a couple of minutes in a small scale fight my rotations will start getting "off" a bit...it's been easy to spot my build itself helping me out a bunch...

one of the issues with "losing" rotations on occasion is those darn players whom are so freaking mobile...i try to tab target when I can remember...a lot of times though it feels like i'm swinging at air...

I know part of my issue with my timing is switching characters so much - but, doing so really helps keep me interested in the game and prevents me from burning out...

one of the reasons I started building more towards the "meta" was just for that purpose...try to give my characters the best chance at winning despite my mistakes in combat...

of note - too funny, took me about 20 hours or so to get 3 EP characters to 100k each...it's taken me now about 4 and a half hours to get 2 DC characters there...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 15, 2018 9:36AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gawdly was running huge zergs and thunder pugs, and I’m sure there’s random groups.
    People just don’t want to work together and coordinate, it’s not a alliance issue it’s a community issue. It never made sense to me why EP would push DC when AD has the lead. Or AD pushing DC when EP have the lead.

“You can guide a horse to the river but you can’t force it to drink it”

Strange I don't even know who Gawdly is, and Lysergic GM and leader of AP farmer slugs is hardly ever on.
    I have been in The Warriors of Cyrodiil since week one, but our numbers have dwindled and Insanity doesn't get on as much as he used to, but when we are clicking we play objectively and usually take what we set out to despite the odds always have at the ridicule of other reds. We push blue because of their insistence on taking our home keep Chalman regardless of whether they have anything else. Madden also has an obsession with Kingscrest.
    Yellow is hated by our guild so we will always push them if not being pressured by blue.

edit - Not to say their aren't some good people on yellow! :)
    Edited by TequilaFire on January 15, 2018 1:01PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, EP in Vivec has no leaders on. Ancient, Quiji, Insanity, Lysergic all no-shows 90% of the time now. BBill don't know much about. Gawdly BTW is in Shor - has been for weeks. Those Almadden zergs are OP, that's for sure. After trying to defend the first few times, I usually wait until it looks hopeless and then roll off the back. Maybe I'll get lucky and kill a few stragglers as they push the next keep.

I don't care much about campaign wins any more, since EP has won maybe 3 in 18 months. We're used to being *** on. EP morale has been low for over a year, and there's something quite freeing about not caring any more.

@geonsocal thanks for the rez at Alessia a few nights back.

@Stoney_McGeee I think I can answer your question. EP will push yellow when they've been mown down 2 or more times by 60+ blues, because it's no fun getting rolled over repeatedly.

ESO PvP will never be perfect - leadership plays such a crucial role. Problem is, after 18 months of no big wins, many of the "EP Faithful" leaders are just done. It's a knock-on effect of being constantly pounded, and the reason why so many campaigns used to end up with one faction having the whole map before ZOS started closing them all. Not complaining, it's just how it is.
    Edited by dotme on January 15, 2018 2:17PM
    PS4NA
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

a handful of nightblades playing together - now that sounds like a whole bunch of fun :)

@TequilaFire if you guys ever run a group like that in weekday primetime (say 8-midnight Eastern) hit me up for an invite please. My bow poison build would be a good fit - it's lethal - and I'd love to run with a small gank group.
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP's problems definitely lie in leadership. Even if Original Grinders did re-roll EP toons, I doubt much would change. To be frank, no one would support us because 'traitors' 'alliance pride' 'SPPPPPPPPPPPPYSSSSSSSSSSSSS *nerd rage*' etc. etc.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, Captain it was only Gooch we rejected so hard, because ya know.
    But you get some of that crap on any alliance.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can already see the harassment coming from certain people on AD. Me and Stoney 2v5'ed some bad ADs. This dude, went far and out his way to tbag me when he was melted in a 1v1 with me.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys think about the idea of reducing max group size in Cyrodiil? I was thinking about it the other day and it seems logical that dropping it from the massive 24 player groups down to something a little smaller, even 12 man the same size as Trials, would bring a lot more balance to PvP.

There's a reason why in shooters, even large scale ones like Battlefield and Fortnite, you can't go in there with a 24 man group and it's not simply network limitations, it's also a lot to do with balance. The larger the groups in a game the harder it is for smaller groups and randoms to compete against them even if they're better players because coordinated numbers gives you a huge edge. And lets be honest, when you're fighting a 24 player group you're basically just mashing buttons or dropping an Ultimate to try and hit anyone, it's not really the pinnacle of PvP and that's why so many prefer running in smaller groups and doing small scale PvP.

I understand ESO is a MMO and so it's about larger groups but I honestly think reducing 24 man groups to something a little less would improve a lot of things not just in breaking up those Madden groups as referenced above but also in reducing lag since players tend to ball up a lot more in a large group than they do when in smaller groups and solo.

I was thinking about bringing it up in the PTS forum. What are your guys thoughts on it?
    Edited by Twohothardware on January 15, 2018 8:03PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original concept of the game was large scale fights between alliances.
    Where they have failed is in not dynamically balancing the populations between the alliances.
    The alliance with the most population should be dynamically capped at a percentage just over the lowest alliance's population at any given time.
    In addition incentives should be given to play on the least populated alliance.

Edited by TequilaFire on January 15, 2018 8:34PM
  • Stoney_McGeee
    Stoney_McGeee
    ✭✭✭
    Reducing group size won’t help because people will just jump into guild chat.
    People don’t want to hear it but if you want to kill madden zergs you can’t run a 2H and bow.
    I had plenty of times jumping off a jeep dreaming of killing that Zerg.
    Did I go on forums and complain (not saying you’re) but I didn’t, I found players that had the same philosophy I share in game.
    Which is yea it is a large scale group game, but even irl we have Spartans and navy seals and speacil Op groups.
    So when people cry about smaller groups killing bigger groups and say how it’s not realistic People should pick up a history book.
    With AOE caps getting removed, the solo elitist community needs to get their heads out their butts and get a group together, and put their egos to the side.

Once upon a time many of us didn’t know how to play, I was lucky and learned from PC transfers so we must pass the information to the new comers.
    (Soulless Knights)
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are all of you switching campaigns?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.