Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Disappointed with mystery box event?

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I enjoyed the event but the loot table was too cluttered considering the 20 hour cool down. Players had few chances to get what they wanted. I didn't get the cook or smith costume, either of which is all I wanted.

The long wait for DPS toons made it a time sink. I ran additional dungeons each day on my healer toon with hopes to lessen the wait for the DPS.

Edit: Receiving an extra day was nice. Thanks for that Zos. The Smith costume was in one of the boxes.

Early in the extra day the queue was really long for DPS, so I switched to my healer and ran several extra dungeons so others could get in faster. Later, the population picked up and then I finished the dungeons on my DPS's.
    Edited by Dojohoda on December 6, 2017 6:46PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The event itself was fine for me. The group finder and timing of the event sucked for me. Plus Cyrodiil finally working Xbox na so I was splitting my time and never got more than 4 characters through in a single day.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well it's officially over and I officially didn't get a single good item.

• Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Well it's officially over and I officially didn't get a single good item.

This.

The only Loot Boxes I got, held normal "every day" loot that I get from playing the game on any other random day.

The Event sounded cool on paper, but that was misleading when the loot pool contains so much every day random loot trash, that you simply lose the motivation to do it anymore.

I'm glad it's over. This was a pretty damn disappointing "event".

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    No
    For the ones who voted yes - You are all spoiled brats! Get an extra free item/incentive and you all complain!
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The event is over and I didn't get any costume, pet or mount. If you didn't want to give away free stuff (with those ridiculous drop rates) then don't advertise it.

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    My only disappointment is that I have been travelling since the 1st and only got to run dungeons on a couple of characters last night.

I think it's great that ZOS has these little events with a chance to get something nice.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Zouni wrote: »
    For the ones who voted yes - You are all spoiled brats! Get an extra free item/incentive and you all complain!

50 1k treasures + 10 lockpicks is so easy its even less than free in this game anymore, you can make 50k in way less time than it took to run those 60 dungeons
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on December 6, 2017 4:36PM
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The only thing I wanted was the dark shaman costume. After random on 11 characters every day I did not get it. I would trade all my other stuff I got from this event for this freaking costume (mount, pet, 3 other costume, its all ugly af).
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

I'm wounded. Not!

People are paying for this. Whether it is a one-time purchase of ESO, or a sub via ESO plus. No one who pays for a service (in this case, a game) is a spoilt anything. We're customers expressing disappointment in a lacklustre event that was supposed to be a celebration.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I feel very spoiled with all the extra lock picks I got
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have mixed feelings about the event. I enjoyed doing the dungeon finder and doing random dungeons. I always have since you never know what you're going to get in a group so it keeps it interesting. I went into it with the mentality that it would be nice if I got one of the collectibles, particularly a costume. I did get the dark shaman costume on the last box I opened. So in that regard I am happy because I got what I wanted out of the event.

What I am not happy about was that I felt this event pushed me to make new characters. I like to take my time with characters and flesh out their background. I only ended up making one new one in the middle of the event because I had been thinking of making her anyway, meaning I ran 4-5 dungeons a day. It bothered me that I could have done more but I really did not want to make a bunch of characters that were basically going to get carried through the dungeon because I didn't know how to play them and which felt forced and unfinished.

I am also not happy that the event had people who completely lost out on getting anything they wanted. I was in a voice chat when I got the costume and when I told other people the reaction I got was immediately snarky comments about how they got nothing good. That did a lot to kill the joy for me. I also see tons of people getting things they don't want which must make the people who got nothing feel even worse.

I also think that with only six items it pushes people to want to collect them all. A larger pool of items would have been nicer since then it would have lowered expectations to get a particular item.

That said I am happy with what I got since I have a new costume to play with and a couple green recipes.
  • Wrecking_Gorilla
    Wrecking_Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Never disappointed by free stuff.
  • Smokinroses
    Smokinroses
    ✭✭
    Yes
    monktoasty wrote: »
    I am. Didn't get anything good. Basically got squat to test their dumb group load

Ehh this whole event was bias for me. I got costume's...but my clan mate's got crap. The fact that we run through hours to complete these dungeons to get "this amazing free box" just to open it and get a lock pick....it's sad. What was the whole point of putting lock picks in a rewards box? How is that a reward, I get those for FREE in the dungeon itself. :/ Ugh it was really thought out poorly. Yes it's a free event, but man put GOOD item's so everyone can get them. Take out the lock picks!! D: I could honest care less about the jackpot. I'm happy for those who got them though! Yes it would have been cool to get it, but I knew we would never be lucky enough to get the jackpot.

Just for me, it took years to get into a dungeon after trying to que for so long going through dungeon's being glitched powering through them. Going through DLC dungeons we didn't even know was one. Not prepared for the dungeon at all, and after not being able to complete it after 2 hours doing it...so we leave and have to Re que, which there's a cool down timer... -_- But after finally getting into a actual good one that was able to be completed and was fun... You get the box open it, and It was just sad to see people all excited to get the "special box" then opening a box and bam lock picks... Just like Christmas morning all excited to open your presents, you open it, and it's a tooth brush or a lump of coal. lmao just a sad let down.

I know people are like "It's a free event, blah blah blah." I honestly don't care. There was so much frustration in this game's event, I feel ESO could care less about. I love my games so I can collect their rare item's and to help other's get cool gear too... but this was just sad. It's suppose to be an "EVENT" so of course you'd expect to get at least a few great costume's or mounts....but of course. I guess it's something we should expect by now.. But I guess on top of that using experience scroll's that we paid for, all to be wasted because we couldn't get into a dungeon.

I know other games would actually have item's you can get guarantee win, and they're FREE loot boxes too. Every games different, but when paying customer's actually pay to play and/or spend real money in the game you expect more from the company. :/ At the end, yes the event was cool and fun, we leveled up a lot. But these loot boxes were a huge let down I felt so bad for my clan mate's and other player's who didn't get anything that was even worth selling. I hope if there are more event that are like this, you guys would be more considerate and to plan these out better so it's FAIR for everyone. So everyone can get something...so it doesn't seem like you fought for nothing. Because it WAS an event. :/ I'm not trying to be a let down or one of those people who are trying to ruin the game. Because I LOVE ESO and I hope ESO becomes better. But man, just was not what was expected.
  • Midnite_Toker
    Midnite_Toker
    Soul Shriven
    Yes
    Well I can say I'm done with the disappointments from them so going to shut off eso plus and go play something else that I'll actually get something...I'll never buy another product of theirs as long as I live with them being that selfish and basically ripping everyone off...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

50 1k treasures + 10 lockpicks is so easy its even less than free in this game anymore, you can make 50k in way less time than it took to run those 60 dungeons

You got all 6 collectibles. That's what all those dungeon runs were for.

Not to mention the vendorables and XP.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I went all out and did 14 boxes a day.

I got a mount, 2 costumes and a pet. None of which I love. They don't suit any of my characters. So it was a massive amount of time and effort for a disappointing outcome.

Meanwhile I think the event was giving out another pet which I would have appreciated.

If the event had let me choose from its pool of mounts, costumes and pets, then I'd have at least something.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I enjoyed myself, plus it was nice to see that I am a little better than a lot of people lol. Always assumed I was terrible, but oh geez did I do some carrying this weekend XD
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on December 7, 2017 2:39AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading all the posts about the event makes me glad I missed it.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over all my toons (EU and NA servers too) I pulled 153 dungeons and got not much of anything... no mount... no pet... and the dark shaman costume didn't show up either. Made me sad... I have 1007 CP on my NA PS4 - so I'll really put to good use all the XP scrolls I got though... lol.
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Everytime I queued up I got nothing but crap in these boxes
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Frustrated trying to join a group dungeon successfully. Only able to run a couple dungeons a couple days of the event. Gave up trying to reduce frustration with game.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's nothing we asked just a nice little event they made. Enjoy the extra stuff.

That "nice little event" was advertised like the dawn of a new century, and was supposed to celebrate breaking the 10 million players barrier. I'd certainly have excepted much more from that. (Certainly not getting lockpicks or trash potions after pressing F a thousand times to get in the group.)

They did way better stuff for Halloween and New Life which happens every year!

EDIT: Had they declared this to be a "group finder stress test with some extra random loot", I'd not say anything. ;)

Edited by Loc2262 on December 8, 2017 12:07PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm still bitter about this..to know many people reaped rewards and so many got nothing.

Same with loot crates. Its all just designed to make a majority of players losers
    Edited by monktoasty on December 8, 2017 6:20PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Only thing that dissapointed me was power cut in the place i live for the first 2 days of the event because of amount of snow :disappointed:
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Reading all the posts about the event makes me glad I missed it.

I farmed on 8 characters for 4 days of the event (32 boxes) before totally calling it quits. How much time did I waste for two costumes that dropped on the first day? I would’ve rather bought them outright. Horrible event especially with how much promotional nonsense they did about it being for the players.

Pretty sure one costume/pet drops in your first few boxes to entice you to run more as well. Then you legit only get garbage.

My friend opened a box and got only 5 Crown tri-restoration potions once.....
    Edited by Vaoh on December 9, 2017 12:10AM