The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Of Cyrodiil

Tillalarrien
Tillalarrien
✭✭✭
Hey guys :)

I developed this after getting inspired by PapaCrown. It was doing its intended job nicely, but what I wished for was just a bit visualy better (customizable, guild specific & bigger, without getting pixlated) crown.
This is how Crown of Cyrodiil came to be :)

Its a simple addon that provides you with the list of custom made high resolution icons in different colours, and marks your raid leader with the one you pick.
Both SYMBOL and its SIZE are customizable trough an in-game menu.

Bellow is a list of all currently available icons.
Keep in mind I do wish to expand on that list, so if u have any suggestion what to add (your guild's symbol for example), please feel free to share it with me :)

pvw6138.png

You can download the addon here.
Edited by Tillalarrien on October 6, 2017 6:42AM
Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • lexo1000
    lexo1000
    ✭✭
    Great addon thanks :) Could you also make the option text translatable please ?
    Edited by lexo1000 on October 8, 2017 9:51AM
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Will look into it :)
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Zergsquad members...
    @Sanct16 or @Lieblingsjunge @MLRPZ and others :)

Need some help :) We have incompatibility issues between following addons:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1787-SanctsUltimateOrganiser.html
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1784-CrownofCyrodiil.html (or any other Customized Crown addon)

Spent some time trying to fix mine then realized the issues are casued by most basic PapaCrown already being included in Sanct's addon :)

Would you, for sake of compatibility, consider removing the line in SanctsUltimateOrganiser.lua under local function OnPlayerActivated():

SetFloatingMarkerInfo(MAP_PIN_TYPE_GROUP_LEADER, 64, "EsoUI/Art/Compass/groupleader.dds")

This one is conflicting with all other crown addons. Removing it would allow people to use any crown addon they like alongside uors ulty tracker :) Thx :)

PS: till that is adjusted, everyone trying to run both addons can download a fix here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/imyjdfd299jiz1y/SanctsUltimateOrganiser.lua?dl=0

copy file into AddOns/SanctsUltimateOrganiser and overide the one there :)
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Also: Translations incoming with next patch :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, very nice! Passing this on to those who might use it as well.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I was lately working on exactly the same thing. Anyway, glad to see I won't have to release what I was coding. ;)

Anyway, I don't think this is an issue of PapaCrown or any other Addon. In my opinion the function SetFloatingMarkerInfo() is badly implemented (read: bug). I've already wrote a private message to ZOS_ChipHilseberg on esoui regarding this function.

I'm experiencing crashes when calling this function multiple times (e.g. changing the texture) and I guess that's the reason you require the reloadui otherwise the game would crash from time to time. My point here is, you can't expect every addon author to take care of all other existing addons, which are using this function call. It simply shouldn't crash the game. Furthermore, it would be nice being able to reset or change the textures on the fly.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could you forward this as a bug report? thanks. ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was lately working on exactly the same thing. Anyway, glad to see I won't have to release what I was coding. ;)

Anyway, I don't think this is an issue of PapaCrown or any other Addon. In my opinion the function SetFloatingMarkerInfo() is badly implemented (read: bug). I've already wrote a private message to ZOS_ChipHilseberg on esoui regarding this function.

I'm experiencing crashes when calling this function multiple times (e.g. changing the texture) and I guess that's the reason you require the reloadui otherwise the game would crash from time to time. My point here is, you can't expect every addon author to take care of all other existing addons, which are using this function call. It simply shouldn't crash the game. Furthermore, it would be nice being able to reset or change the textures on the fly.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom could you forward this as a bug report? thanks. ;)

Might be :) not that well versed in coding addons, but yes. As soon as u have it called a 2nd time it crashes.
    Thats a reason for having a reloadUI required.
    Also on topic, there is no good function to clear the marker on the go. I was trying to add a setting where crown would only appear in groups larger then 4. It worked when group went from 4 to 5 members, but I found no good way of removing the mark once the group number dropped back to 4.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be :) not that well versed in coding addons, but yes. As soon as u have it called a 2nd time it crashes.
    Thats a reason for having a reloadUI required.
    Also on topic, there is no good function to clear the marker on the go. I was trying to add a setting where crown would only appear in groups larger then 4. It worked when group went from 4 to 5 members, but I found no good way of removing the mark once the group number dropped back to 4.

I don't think there's a way.

It certainly is a bug. It would be okay, if the function would not work or return some weird return value or something... but crashing the client is completely the wrong behavior which directly screams "BUUUUUG" at you. Therefore, fixing single addons, like sanct's, is the wrong approach respectively only a temporary solution.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanted to give the same feedback - it crashes the game - but you already found out yourself...it's a very cool addon tho, the red arrow is perfect for noobs that usually never follow the crown ;-)
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Version 1.2.0 should now allow you to choose to have crown active only in PvP areas!
    In addition I changed french translations according to the feedback i got.

If you see any mistakes with translations or settings aren't working for you properly, please comment bellow!
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Version 1.2.1 - small fix to russian translation code