The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Decorating Hints, Tips & Ideas

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone have any tips on how to create a fireplace for the existing provisioning station?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See my reply in your thread on that subject.

Edited by Aurie on October 29, 2017 3:21PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    See my reply in your thread on that subject.

And mine, too! I used five of the Statue Base, Square (a luxury vendor furnishing) to create mine.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have ideas and pics on making portals and wayshrines. I know we all would like a portal or shrine in our homes.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have ideas and pics on making portals and wayshrines. I know we all would like a portal or shrine in our homes.

For a wayshrine u can use pillars with a statue platform and a craglorn brazier in the middle. Might have to sink the pillers in the ground. Then you could use vines to make it look age

Just thinking I don’t have pics
    Edited by FloppyTouch on November 1, 2017 1:05AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For a wayshrine u can use pillars with a statue platform and a craglorn brazier in the middle. Might have to sink the pillers in the ground. Then you could use vines to make it look age

Just thinking I don’t have pics

It’s a good idea, I wish they would sell some furnishing portals that could be turned on and off like lighting in the CS. Would be great to set one infront of a door to look like as you enter house you come through a portal.
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    You could use the disconnected Transitus Shrine, which can be bought in Cyrodiil, if your rank is high enough to be able to buy it. It has no functionality, sure, but its a one-slot-wayshrine. :)

Disconnected-Transitus-Shrine.jpg
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Almariel wrote: »
    You could use the disconnected Transitus Shrine, which can be bought in Cyrodiil, if your rank is high enough to be able to buy it. It has no functionality, sure, but its a one-slot-wayshrine. :)

Disconnected-Transitus-Shrine.jpg

What rank do you need for that?
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    Its quite high, should be Overlord, which is rank 47.

*edit*

But there are also other pillar-like Items with blue flames, which could work as "wayshrine". For example the redguard brazier, enchanted, which can be crafted:
    eso64-2017-04-20-18-56-43_1.jpg
    Edited by Almariel on November 1, 2017 8:31AM
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almariel wrote: »
    Its quite high, should be Overlord, which is rank 47.

*edit*

But there are also other pillar-like Items with blue flames, which could work as "wayshrine". For example the redguard brazier, enchanted, which can be crafted:
    eso64-2017-04-20-18-56-43_1.jpg

I have that in my 'garden courtyard' in the House of the Silent Magnifico. It makes a lovely centrepiece in the absence of small fountains.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bmhdmugey1xg.jpg
    Here's what I came up with (thanks to other users on this forum for their suggestions):-

Edited by agegarton on November 5, 2017 5:38PM
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a few pwoplw chatting about this a while ago because i made a skooma den lol
    The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20Online_%20Tamriel%20Unlimited_20171106041405_zps9hm5iadq.jpg
    The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20Online_%20Tamriel%20Unlimited_20171106041529_zpsczhbw0in.jpg
    and my DB bedroom
    The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20Online_%20Tamriel%20Unlimited_20171106041507_zpsgwrbup24.jpg
    The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20Online_%20Tamriel%20Unlimited_20171106041516_zpsoflxegh4.jpg
    spare room
    The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20Online_%20Tamriel%20Unlimited_20171106040619_zps7r6oomt0.jpg
    Im still not entirely finished but Im only a 20 off the limit as I have other areas too and being conservative now.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please upgrade your account to enable 3rd party hosting.

photobucket is awful when it comes to posting images in high traffic forums :/
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

@elantaura

use imgur.com, that is free and always working ok
    Edited by altemriel on November 6, 2017 9:56AM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

I tend to use my google albums, i just mean images above, posted by Elantaura I cannot see - and my quote explained why.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I tend to use my google albums, i just mean images above, posted by Elantaura I cannot see - and my quote explained why.

yes, true. sorry, I should have posted it as reply to the right tread
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, true. sorry, I should have posted it as reply to the right tread

no worries, its a good advice you gave :D
    dirty worthless casual.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone :)

I made a couple of minor changes, but I think they make all the difference so I'm sharing. The Provisioning Station itself doesn't offer much light and the fire doesn't animate much, so I buried a Nord triple torch beneath the ground with just the tip of the tallest torch showing. The collision is such that it just about works, so you get increased light and the added effect of animated sparks and small flames coming up through the cooking fire from the torches below.

I have also placed a brass plate, available from the Clockwork City vendor and via the Crown Store, as a back-plate for the hearth. It's a pretty decent fit, and it glows nicely with the added light from the torches. So please I went back to the original provisioning station!

4l2dho63iiec.png
    Edited by agegarton on November 6, 2017 8:50AM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »

I made a couple of minor changes, but I think they make all the difference so I'm sharing. T

This looks fantastic - and brilliant idea with the brass plate - it really makes it look like a functioning fireplace/oven. Can I trouble to ask what you used for the stone bits?
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    agegarton wrote: »

I made a couple of minor changes, but I think they make all the difference so I'm sharing. T

This looks fantastic - and brilliant idea with the brass plate - it really makes it look like a functioning fireplace/oven. Can I trouble to ask what you used for the stone bits?

No problem: I'm building in Daggerfall Overlook, in the basement area. Some of what you can see as stonework uprights to the left and right are simply part of the stone arches that form the walls all around the basement. The chimney breast itself is Seriens Stand, from the Ebonheart Achievement Furniture Vendor. I have simply turned it upside down and lifted it up, pushing it slightly back into the wall. The squared base is the Statue Base, Square, which was available from the Luxury Furniture Vendor - but there are other "plinth" type items you can use if you can't find one of these. Again, I have simply dropped it through the floor so that the majority of the statue base is hidden. The lighting/flaming and the back plate are covered above. That's it - nice and simply, and certainly looks better than the sum of the parts!

Hope that helps.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess my question is related to decorating tips, since I'm trying to find skooma bubblers or even the recipe because I need a couple of them for one house. I only know of 2 drunk NPCs in Auridon to farm the item. does anyone know where there are more "drunk" NPCs?
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    63ewsrwxp4gt.png
    d700qasznysj.png

One of my more detailed pieces of work..
    Happy Patch day!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my question is related to decorating tips, since I'm trying to find skooma bubblers or even the recipe because I need a couple of them for one house. I only know of 2 drunk NPCs in Auridon to farm the item. does anyone know where there are more "drunk" NPCs?

Check Inns & taverns in various towns. Rivenspire is a good place to start. Also, if you have Morrowind, there's a few drunks around the bank/crafting area which I've gotten the bubbler from.

Otherwise, if you're on NA, I can send you some bubblers free :smile:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    63ewsrwxp4gt.png
    d700qasznysj.png

WOW! That is awesome! What tapestry is that hanging?
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    izkgk74dnrvf.png Just a view from above of my clockwork workshop in my Amaya lake lodge... I cant finish it because slots finished
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    63ewsrwxp4gt.png
    d700qasznysj.png

WOW! That is awesome! What tapestry is that hanging?

That is the Orc tapestry, I believe it is called, "The Hunt"
    Happy Patch day!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    izkgk74dnrvf.png Just a view from above of my clockwork workshop in my Amaya lake lodge... I cant finish it because slots finished

in case you are not eso+ subscriber, you can subscribe for just one month, use the doubled slots and then unsubscribe ;)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would guess in the inns? but not sure about that
  • tonyhextrab16_ESO
    tonyhextrab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

portal_zpslvsdqrig.jpg

A bit late to the party, I guess,....but I used a square statue base, 2 Khajiit Arch frames, the enchanted Redguard brazier and the Ceremonial Redguard Bowl for a `roof`. Placing it by the entrance, or, at least, as close as I was able to, gives the added thrill (?) of visitors appearing to teleport there...

It`s `ok`, I like it.....but...it`s not `WOW`.....but I`ve no idea, with the lack of slots, how to make it better......so, any advice would help ;)
    No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced