The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Decorating Hints, Tips & Ideas

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simply amazing!!!

I can't wait to get my house to use these ideas!

Omg I think I'm gonna pop!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lighting stones currently being sold at the luxury furnisher this week-end are great for adding ambience to a room or outdoor area.

In Mournoth Keep, I placed a blue Culanda Stone within rock at the bottom of the statue

ZPQL1Sb.jpg

In the Flaming Nix apartment, I put another blue Culanda Stone into the wall to create a soft glow throughout the room

RLBWsxf.jpg
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Adoman
    Adoman
    ✭✭
    The vault in my house is ready for the new storage items...

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adoman wrote: »
    The vault in my house is ready for the new storage items...

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm having a hard time seeing, what did you use for the door @Adoman ?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Adoman
    Adoman
    ✭✭
    @Waffennacht , this was a pretty simple set of materials as the pillars in the cellar of Daggerfall Overlook form the frame. The walls are made from Scavenged Plate, Plain with Scavenged Support, Straight pieces. The door is Scavenged Plate, Wide that is set into the floor some, as it is quite tall. The dial on the door is a Dwarven Gear, Tiered.

unknown.png
    Edited by Adoman on January 29, 2018 9:38PM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE the vault idea!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have finally managed to bridge the gap at Hakkvild's High Hall to my satisfaction - it's the gap in the internal balcony that circles the main hall. I have been looking at ways to do this for a while, but I think this works pretty well. I can now walk all the way around the balcony without jumping etc. I really wanted a solution that didn't look out of place. 6sinx49j7k43.png
    fo8ambahv0zm.png

biuqm1ibdgwk.png
    mccmmqltms87.png
    jydcjpfdrmor.png
    Edited by agegarton on February 8, 2018 10:49PM
  • Nelira
    Nelira
    ✭✭
    Dwemer hairdriers made of Dunmer pots:
    7b8308130d43b5a39b9ca00ec0b134e3.png
    The only Silt Strider in the game that you can actually sit upon:
    983b49a245c713508ad052ed228e804b.png
    7c0a6e3206ebd6e2b65effd8e7e45f26.png
    A baloon with 6 passenger seats:
    1d52cdee96eb977343a1184fbd23edf5.png
    c4b6095af3a5ec0c224eb950ec7596c5.png
    Washing machines made of Active Fabrication Tanks:
    ecd7f3494a06fd1e8e6f2de984e4a314.png
    A small cinema:
    5fa1bd11c696f31dafb07638e0047c20.png
    A large passanger celestial ship and a small personal airship for a romantic/honeymoon journey for two, both headed to the Moons (made mostly of Clockwork City building components):
    d30acd88d1e9a1799ff66b1ead8bd2ec.png
    Large airship from the outside:
    2091dc11e85fb792ba58b3d359c6ab7d.png
    Large airship from the inside (first floor):
    9e022efc262bc6f1cb95c9c4488de44a.png
    Large airship from the inside (second floor):
    49f0ac33030390d1204bda79a31dbeac.png
    Small airship from the ouside:
    ee87d28bb1f5ef913ea8512cc2eefaff.png
    Small airship from the inside:
    af4b0b02ac32c1b72ca9b55545448b46.png
    e5baca985dbceb214bc72f612c4902eb.png
    52c8cdac9ee5993d1e4a4fe3ee83078a.png

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nelira wrote: »
    Dwemer hairdriers made of Dunmer pots:
    7b8308130d43b5a39b9ca00ec0b134e3.png
    The only Silt Strider in the game that you can actually sit upon:
    983b49a245c713508ad052ed228e804b.png
    7c0a6e3206ebd6e2b65effd8e7e45f26.png
    A baloon with 6 passenger seats:
    1d52cdee96eb977343a1184fbd23edf5.png
    c4b6095af3a5ec0c224eb950ec7596c5.png
    Washing machines made of Active Fabrication Tanks:
    ecd7f3494a06fd1e8e6f2de984e4a314.png
    A small cinema:
    5fa1bd11c696f31dafb07638e0047c20.png
    A large passanger celestial ship and a small personal airship for a romantic/honeymoon journey for two, both headed to the Moons (made mostly of Clockwork City building components):
    d30acd88d1e9a1799ff66b1ead8bd2ec.png
    Large airship from the outside:
    2091dc11e85fb792ba58b3d359c6ab7d.png
    Large airship from the inside (first floor):
    9e022efc262bc6f1cb95c9c4488de44a.png
    Large airship from the inside (second floor):
    49f0ac33030390d1204bda79a31dbeac.png
    Small airship from the ouside:
    ee87d28bb1f5ef913ea8512cc2eefaff.png
    Small airship from the inside:
    af4b0b02ac32c1b72ca9b55545448b46.png
    e5baca985dbceb214bc72f612c4902eb.png
    52c8cdac9ee5993d1e4a4fe3ee83078a.png

wow, awesome!!!
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those airships are INCREDIBLE!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Nelira
    Nelira
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    wow, awesome!!!
    Thank you!
    Those airships are INCREDIBLE!
    Thanks! Was great fun building them :D

• MighTyx
    MighTyx
    ✭✭✭
    The green flames from the newly updated "Hagraven Cauldron, Ritual" make for a great light source. Especially for giving a creepy atmosphere to houses like Exorcised Coven Cottage and places like dungeons, torture chambers etc.

mtswlP2.png

Or in this case, for lighting up my Kraken monster.

PPWWNid.png
    fZ2mmZ4.png
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many good ideas in this thread!

I used "argonian lattice, rough" and "rough block, stone slab" to make stairs up to the top of the witch cabin. Part of the idea was to make it simple and unobtrusive so it wasn't really noticeable from the front of the house.

View from Ground:
    Ja0eyWM.png

View from Top:
    iOVw3tm.png

And, I originally put this brazier in the fireplace just as a placeholder, but I like how creepy it looks now so I prefer it to fireplace logs:
    7JqYf51.png
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tweaked Hagraven cauldron ritual looks great in my furnace.
    l0x7p3du4hfw.jpeg
    5ugh5zbocj69.jpeg
    vdzzsnyfnbgr.jpeg
    Pinnacle 4 slot Dam:
    lffkibx97eky.jpeg
    rcrnncojdpi1.jpeg
    3oora360uak3.jpeg
    pj9zuzoctbti.jpeg
    Edited by Krainor1974 on February 17, 2018 11:59PM
  • Yieley
    Yieley
    fji0ba1o17rb.jpg

NAPS4 Homestead Guild
    Tamriel Homeowner Council
    aka THC
    We've got dozens of travelable primary residence, 99% of them labeled in member notes so you know where you're porting to, decorating events, so many creatively designed homes of many different types, arenas, player created furniture stores, we're about 5 months old but growing strong (im a1 person recruiting army) with 200+ members for such a specialty guild, the goal is to have at least 400 travelable homes and you could be one of them!

Request an invite through our PSN Community Page : Tamriel Homeowner Council
    ...just search for the word "Homeowner"
    we should be the only ones that pop up,
    there's bear skin rug in the picture.

Happy Decorating!!!
    Edited by Yieley on February 19, 2018 3:16PM
    Join the NAPS4 Homestead Guild :
    Tamriel Homeowner Council
    THC
    no invite needed to join page and view pics, and you can also request a kind invite to Th© guild here!
  • ThatsAnOnion
    ThatsAnOnion
    ✭✭
    That new Transliminal Rupture item is exactly what I've been waiting for to complete my miniature Dark Anchor!

7ugYVJq.png

More pics:
    MxASIyp.png
    XvemNWg.png

aZrVgTx.gif

How to make:
    Made by aligning 3 Daedric Doorways and 1 Transliminal Rupture. Then add 3 Molag Bal Daedric Braziers, 1 Dark Anchor Pinion, a platform of your choice (that new Seal of Molag Bal is glorious, but an Ocrish Dias Raised works great as well), tie it al together with Daedric Chains, Hanging (is cheaper and takes up less space than 3 Daedric Chain, Segment, which do look more accurate, I have to admit).

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That new Transliminal Rupture item is exactly what I've been waiting for to complete my miniature Dark Anchor!

7ugYVJq.png

More pics:
    MxASIyp.png
    XvemNWg.png

aZrVgTx.gif

How to make:
    Made by aligning 3 Daedric Doorways and 1 Transliminal Rupture. Then add 3 Molag Bal Daedric Braziers, 1 Dark Anchor Pinion, a platform of your choice (that new Seal of Molag Bal is glorious, but an Ocrish Dias Raised works great as well), tie it al together with Daedric Chains, Hanging (is cheaper and takes up less space than 3 Daedric Chain, Segment, which do look more accurate, I have to admit).

Great mini dolmen! The scamp is a nice touch :smiley: And it was nice of you to add the 'how to make' details.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Varidian Thanks for sharing! I like what you've done with your Ebonheart Chateau and appreciate the tips you included.
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    @Varidian Thanks for sharing! I like what you've done with your Ebonheart Chateau and appreciate the tips you included.

the house has changed a little since I made the vids.upograding all the time

I always tell the same thing - KISS it

keep It Simple Stupid
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • Varidian
    Varidian
    ✭✭✭
    20180408200608_1.jpg

I used the natural rocks and angles of the sunset to create this molag bal monument
    The Blood Sons Of Sekt
  • CairnGormless
    CairnGormless
    Soul Shriven
    I made my Cyrodilic jungle house garden a real jungle, and added a well and an outdoor fire. The green flames from the Hagraven Cauldron give the place a great atmosphere for parties. Look me up, Cairn-Gormless@valdivar for a visit :)

7r0fg2s6dlap.png
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @CairnGormless That's really nice! Hard to believe it's the same space. I don't own that home, but I've previewed it many times. I'm just still debating on whether to purchase with gold and thus furnish with Breton furniture or purchase with Crowns for some Imperial furniture (though some of it is still Breton).
  • CairnGormless
    CairnGormless
    Soul Shriven
    I quite like the idea of starting with a blank canvas, although I would consider buying one of the Kajhiit places ready furnished. I'm looking forward to getting one of the bigger places and putting in some really big trees and more jungle plants.
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to make a fireplace in Saint Delyn Penthouse but I couldn't afford the thrones/don't have the recipes and I'm not sure it would look right anyway in this place (not that my attempt looks great).

A8wvu51.jpg

Because of the curved wall I need to use an extra 2 stone slabs as filler at the back for total of 5 + the khajiit pillar + table as mantle + the actual fire meant 8 pieces in total which is almost a third of my item budget.

If anyone already has the thrones or a better idea for a fireplace here, can you show me? I'd be more willing to spend/farm if I could actually see what it looked liked first. I'd do it on the PTS, but I don't have room to download another client.
    Edited by Saccarius on April 24, 2018 4:56AM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
    Say hello, I'll say hello back.
    Gaymer
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple forge made with 4 upside down Aleyid benches, the darkness on the bottom of benches makes it look like the stone darkened with the heat.
    hqw8p4p5b0eb.jpeg
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The large new fountain in pts combined with the imperial fountain to make a grand imperial fountain.
    7znrhnaayraw.jpeg
    re0yat81z5wm.jpeg
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The latest luxury item necromancer brazier could be used to make quite an interesting sort of column with light inside when two items combined one on top of another
    7vjqgn7wmyf5.png
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The latest luxury item necromancer brazier could be used to make quite an interesting sort of column with light inside when two items combined one on top of another
    7vjqgn7wmyf5.png

Awesome idea! It'd look terrific in the Coldharbour place! Think I'm going to have to go buy myself some more braziers! :smiley:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Thehartclan
    Thehartclan
    ✭✭✭
    A little peek at my latest house project. Getting this bathroom situation together.
    vgtemvgat0by.jpeg
    The Hart Clan

Atelier: Exquisite Homesteads, Facilitator
    New Scrolls Order - Admin Officer

9 Trait Crafter/ Furniture Expert / Housing Expert
    Vet 810 MagDK - 43k

PSN: The-J-Hart Server: PS4 NA