The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Decorating Hints, Tips & Ideas

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great. <3

Are the lily pads and flowers very expensive? They would look lovely on the formal pond at Linchal too.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    That's great. <3

Are the lily pads and flowers very expensive? They would look lovely on the formal pond at Linchal too.

Lily pads are 5k from glenumbra general furnishings vendor, flowers are 500 gold each :)https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pale-garden-flowers/

and that is a fantastic way of combining them!
    Edited by Linaleah on September 30, 2017 3:40PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    That's great. <3

Lily pads are 5k from glenumbra general furnishings vendor, flowers are 500 gold each :)https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/pale-garden-flowers/

and that is a fantastic way of combining them!

Oh!!!! Thank you for that, was wondering where they were, as I was looking for something called lilypad flowers or similar.

Just need to get the Long Game achievement first!!! Time to visit the Thieves Guild :)
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Love all of the ideas posted here! <3
    Here's my simple pond :)

bJYza6F.jpg

Items used:
    - water comes from Vivec's divination pool
    - bottom is made from Vvardenfell scale model turned upside down
    - lily pads from Daggerfall merchant
    - lily flowers from Hew's Bane merchant
    - rocks from Vvardenfell merchant

:)

Wow! It looks totally awesome!
    I'm loving all the ideas everyone has posted - thankyou all for sharing them! So much creativity! :smile:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, the Orsinium Relief on the luxury vendor this week fits perfectly as a whole wall on the beach hut in Topal Island.
    CoESweg.png

EDIT: With a little messing around, I turned the whole thing into a crypt of sorts. Took about 40 slots total. The only part of the original hut you can even see anymore is the roof.
    XtAzWQp.png
    4prQiD5.png
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on October 9, 2017 3:42AM
  • edwiges
    edwiges
    You guys are SO creative! I got a lot of inspiration from this topic! I'll try to make a fireplace for me using your ideas!
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Daedric Game

There are rumors among Cultists of ancient Daedric game tables that were used to steal the souls of game addicts, by leading them to ultimately bet their own souls, in a game they could never win.
    c7u0o2nic41h.png

8rjuz42znpns.png
    The table itself is made of 2 daedric thrones
    In recent times, such gaming tables have been discovered by a few Tamrielic inhabitants, whom gave those tables a more mundane purpose. They set up a number of rules to play the game, as follows:
    1. The game is for 2 players, with a third person acting as the "dice roller" (needs the use of a third party random numbers generator)
    2. Roll dice, 2 or 3, depending on the crystal color (see nº5)- 1 player at the time.
    3. Start from left to right - an odd number gets you to light blue lights, an even number gets you to light the yellow lights. One light can only be lit if the previous one is lit as well.
    4. If you get a double, you get to choose between to light your own crystal or turn down your opponent's last crystal.
    5. The purple crystal in the middle is a game changer: you roll 3 dice for that crystal and bet if you'll get above 9 or under. If your bet is well succeeded, you light the purple crystal. If you get a triple on your roll, you decide if you want to light your purple crystal and your next one or if you want to reset your opponent's lights completely - in that case, only your purple crystal is lit.
    6. Before the game, bets are made on who will win, that initial bet can be increased as the game progresses, but can never be withdrawn. The bet can never be increased by more than a half of the initial bet.
    7. The winner takes the gold, the looser a whiff at the skooma bubbler :p
    I just wanted to see if we could play mini-games with the very few interactable furnishings that we have.
    I came up with a more complex/strategic one, using lights as well, but I think this one is more attractive as the game doesn't take too long and is easy to understand and play.I'll post it if there's interest in this sort of things :p
    Edited by Arciris on October 12, 2017 6:42PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Few other ideas from my Amaya Lake Lodge:

Redoran incense holder works great as a planter:
    HP4XGh2.jpg

I'm using starfish as wall decorations in my bathroom:
    dwztCgS.jpg

Vase is made from dark elf decanter, and flowers can be bought in Hew's Bane:
    QAgtuzz.jpg

Some items from my kitchen - urns as containers for spices, a cooking book and cutting board made from nord stool:
    Me3WwxS.jpg
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Few other ideas from my Amaya Lake Lodge:

Redoran incense holder works great as a planter:
    HP4XGh2.jpg

I'm using starfish as wall decorations in my bathroom:
    dwztCgS.jpg

Vase is made from dark elf decanter, and flowers can be bought in Hew's Bane:
    QAgtuzz.jpg

Some items from my kitchen - urns as containers for spices, a cooking book and cutting board made from nord stool:
    Me3WwxS.jpg

That cutting board is awesome! It's these simple things that add so much to a home. I love the knife cutting through the carrots.
  • mateusz2702
    mateusz2702
    Soul Shriven
    1zdjv31yzv71.png
    Fireplace:
    -Ayleid Table
    -Ayleid bookshelf
    -some fire :D
    -Rough Firewood Stack
    iwr69ah5tzb3.png
    Round Table:
    -Vvardenfell Scale Model (turned)
    -Fur Throne
  • Throren
    Throren
    ✭✭✭
    Alright so I'm in the process of trying to fill Hakkvild's High Wall (a daunting task in its own right, there is so much wide open space Q.Q) and I was looking for anyone that could give some advice, tips, or idea on things I can add, incorporate, improve or change. (And yes I know a lot of tables and shelves and such are missing are bare or missing some well deserved clutter)

Im trying to really push the nord feel of the house and want to make a very traditional nordic hall where a Thane of Jarl would host a massive feast and such. So Im generally trying to keep everything as nord looking as possible.

Entry room, still feels a little bare, not sure what else to put in here
    6tLjj0u.png

The main hall - still unsure if all the tables scattered around and the fire-pit in the center looks good (I wish there was a giant bonfire item) and the top balcony is completely bare still
    YdYbi1S.png

Throne - fairly happy with how this turned out but still any critic is welcome
    0B4DS5N.png

View of the door leading into the hall- tried to use a flipped painting as the mounting board for the skull. Only thing with this is the skull blocks the chance of making a path to the other side
    4wtZHor.png

Now the real problem Im having is what to do with those weird open space bits between that small wall and the windows
    jLoHu1A.png
    kzJkSOM.png

I tried this with one of them, got the inspiration from a video I saw od someone decorating the house but I dont think it would look good having this on all of them, and Im not 100% sure if I should even keep this
    0ncnMNV.png

The last bits I would like some thoughts on is first, this outside area; I was thinking maybe some benches along the house with a ballista or two aiming out off the wall to give it a more fortified feel but I dont know if there is a better use for that area
    tuR0WTx.png

I have ZERO idea what to do with this open little space at the base of the tower. Maybe crafting stations if I could ever afford them?
    MWQ82lN.png

And lastly I have zero idea what to do with the nord catacombs/barrow, the tunnels are fairly empty, the only idea I have is in the outdoor circular ruins portion, maybe having a mundus stone (the warior), a statue or some other notable monument in the middle of the open bit, with some of that placable mist around it, maybe an altar to Kyne or Shor?

So any thoughts? Ideas? Pointers? Critic?
    Hell if someone body wanted to hep actually decorate it in game I'd be open to the thought
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to build an army

1IPtFuu.jpg
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Throren If it's a 'Nord feeling' you're going for, then you gotta fill every spare space with kegs! Those huge Redguard ones if possible. :D
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thornen
    It is really hard to give specifics on a forum post, but what I think is your best bet is to visit all Nord places in game, eventually take some screenshots, and then work from there.
    You can also join a housing enthusiasts guild and visit other people places, to get some inspiration - it is way better to see houses in-game than it is in any video out there ;)
    Finally, what platform/server are you on? I'm on PC/NA, same name as forum's, if you ever feel like chating about housing stuff :)
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »

So any thoughts? Ideas? Pointers? Critic?
    Hell if someone body wanted to hep actually decorate it in game I'd be open to the thought
    You're right that clutter really brings the home alive(also takes up a lot of housing slots). I like to use big crates, boxes, and bags in out of the way areas, like outside between your house and the tower.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for Nord feeling - mugs and food everywhere, fur coverings, I've actualy noticed it first in ingame houses, but they actualy use wood elf bedding a lot as floor covering for Nord buildings (so I used it for my own nord home as well :) )
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    I'm trying to build an army

1IPtFuu.jpg

oh nice :)

meowz
    Maoimii
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Arciris: What are those spears? They look awesome!
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manavortex wrote: »
    @Arciris: What are those spears? They look awesome!

Thank you! In that picture, the spears are made of a flag pole, the handle of a rough axe, practical and a darwen gear, tiered. After that, I removed the handler because someone wiser than me in terms of weapons kindly explained me that it was not like that that spears worked :p

But if you like weapons, I then proceeded and made a battle axe, as follows:
    ziiwvrivd4i5.png
    Made with a flag pole (again), 2 cheese cutter (achievement from Mages Guild, sold at any Mystic) and a hew's bane candlestick (was a luxury item)
    Detail:
    kztzhxbeb8te.png
    Edited by Arciris on October 14, 2017 8:54PM
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Thanks a ton
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manavortex wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks a ton

My pleasure :)
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    The Garden of Dusk and Dawn's new fountain. [img][/img]IkNAlxq.png?1 Forgot the health bar, oops, sorry!
    Edited by Dystopia2020 on October 15, 2017 6:35PM
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lf3viivdwzh9.png
    Statue of azura for praying
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    lf3viivdwzh9.png

I love the seated Azura statue, I had to buy it for my house; reminds me of a Buddha.
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lf3viivdwzh9.png

how to get that statue?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    lf3viivdwzh9.png

how to get that statue?

you cannot, not anymore. it was part of limited time azura crown store pack for 3k crowns. unfortunately, other then the statue and the red shard on the right side of the picture? the rest of the pack was very cheap and easy to aquire/craft in game daedric furnishings.

in any case - there's standing azura statue from achievement vendor that you could get instead. https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/spirit-warden-azura-statue/ its not the same, I know, but its an option.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    lf3viivdwzh9.png

how to get that statue?

you cannot, not anymore. it was part of limited time azura crown store pack for 3k crowns. unfortunately, other then the statue and the red shard on the right side of the picture? the rest of the pack was very cheap and easy to aquire/craft in game daedric furnishings.

in any case - there's standing azura statue from achievement vendor that you could get instead. https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/spirit-warden-azura-statue/ its not the same, I know, but its an option.

Yeah, but it won't look like Buddha. I could have bought the vendor statue, but the seated Azura is just sooo perfect! Is the standing statue even a Mer? I can't tell. I will probably wind up buying the standing Azura at some point anyway.
    Edited by Dystopia2020 on October 15, 2017 9:49PM
    PC/ NA, Vivec
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you my simple RNG altar:

6vpHTtn.jpg

Still work in progress tho, trying to figure out what kind of sacrifice could please our great (but unfair) lord RNGeesus...
    At the moment I decided to sacrifice Nix Hound, which seems to be favourite pet of our lord, but curse of dwemer crown crates and forum users.

As a person who's progressing through Master Angler achievement I'm visiting this altar everyday before going for fishing :sunglasses:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lf3viivdwzh9.png

how to get that statue?

Yeah, but it won't look like Buddha. I could have bought the vendor statue, but the seated Azura is just sooo perfect! Is the standing statue even a Mer? I can't tell. I will probably wind up buying the standing Azura at some point anyway.

If it had been 3K, I might have bought it, but it was actually 4K crowns. The only unique items were the statue with her accompanying moon and star and the book, I believe, along with the tapestries/banners. Everything else could either be crafted or earned/bought in-game (the crimson shard of moonshadow is a rare drop from the Ashlander dailies).
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    lf3viivdwzh9.png

how to get that statue?

If it had been 3K, I might have bought it, but it was actually 4K crowns. The only unique items were the statue with her accompanying moon and star and the book, I believe, along with the tapestries/banners. Everything else could either be crafted or earned/bought in-game (the crimson shard of moonshadow is a rare drop from the Ashlander dailies).

this. it sucks that it was so limited and it sucks that unlike vivec bundle it had very few unique items in it, relatively speaking. and yes, other options don't look like budda.
    dirty worthless casual.