The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Decorating Hints, Tips & Ideas

• kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you shared it too @Arciris & am also loving the fantastic fireplace ideas others have shown! :smiley:
    I'm thinking of trying out a throne-based fireplace for Linchal Manor, though I'm not sure I'll make it look as good as those I've seen posted here!
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you shared it too @Arciris & am also loving the fantastic fireplace ideas others have shown! :smiley:
    I'm thinking of trying out a throne-based fireplace for Linchal Manor, though I'm not sure I'll make it look as good as those I've seen posted here!

If you have a lot of space and more slots to use to make a fireplace, you can make some really stunning, huge, sturdy ones, without thrones ;)
    I came up with the throne idea when I was struggling with the Rosy Lion inn room (30 item cap with Eso+) and very little space to use.
    With the Linchal Manor I would go big!! Since there's a lot of white stone in there, I would suggest Ayleid stuff (benches and tables flipped would make for an awesome structure). If you want a small fireplace, the High elf throne is also a very good base, but it comes with some yellow decorations that you might not like if you're not AD or prefer a neutral look.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    all right - weeks later, very slightly tweaked fireplace based on your brilliant idea.
    21740392_1398675076912358_4059500807199974111_n.jpg?oh=c7706f17618251d229c61624898c56b5&oe=5A4FA5B2
    All fireplaces look very nice, thank you for ideas! I was struggling with decorating Sleek Creek inside, so this kind of saved me from a headache:) Though I didn't want to risk with not so cheap orcish throne, so I had to use daedric, but in the end with some improvisation I liked result enough to bring it here:
    eso64_2017-09-17_16-41-43-25.png
    eso64_2017-09-17_16-41-53-55.png
    eso64_2017-09-17_16-43-48-92.png

brilliant use of that frame, never even occurred to me to use it this way, and it looks amazing. awesome job!
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    zcyldtw5184d.jpg
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Forge - Hammerdeath bungallow

gcsn9a0a1l8d.png

9po54a4rejxc.png

llxguw04v43g.png

Edited by Arciris on September 22, 2017 4:57PM
  • OrdinatorInMourning
    @Arciris Your house looks awesome!
    PC/EU.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brilliant! but.. where did you get the shields?????

on a different note (mostly not to double post) - continuing adventures in fireplace building :)

21688292_1405155242931008_6146877496953897036_o.jpg?oh=f75b6e55851a3607178d591c969c5a97&oe=5A5BC409

after seeing super creative ideas here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/372369/some-items-i-pieced-together#latest it suddenly occurred to me that arched redguard well has a pretty fireplacey upper frame. so as per image above, I stacked 2 of them next to each other, to give it depth, added my favorite tower tile and used doused firepit with nord torch single to give it warmth. 5 items total :) tried triple torch first, but it was way too bright in that small room. decided to pretend that like with a lot of modern fireplaces - chimney is hidden inside the wall :) but... dark elf post from mournhold home goods vendor would work well, I think if you want the chimney anyways.

the other side of the room at the moment looks like this
    21762338_1405155239597675_4058231651670091688_o.jpg?oh=1e9dcd458e2db62d614a4ab250793cae&oe=5A561B0B

and to give this reply a triple purpose.. that room at the moment has 15 items total. aka non subscriber furnishing limit. it is ridiculously low. subscriber limits are bad enough. non-subscriber limits are basically discouraging from housing participation, because there's very little you can accomplish. I'm going to finish out this room over the weekend with 15 more items, but... seriously.. its such a stringy allowance...
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AnotherOxyt

Thank you :)

@Linaleah
    Thanks! The shields are my newest trick: they're from Nord and Redguard carts (the wheels) also the grinder is a wheelbarrow upside down :p
    Just come visit me when you're online :)

On the fireplace: brilliant!! <3
    Edited by Arciris on September 22, 2017 6:30PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    @AnotherOxyt

@Linaleah
    Thanks! The shields are from Nord and Redguard carts (the wheels) also the grinder is a wheelbarrow upside down :p

oh. OH... that.. is amazing! and I most certainly will :dizzy:
    P.S. thank you! :D
    dirty worthless casual.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @AnotherOxyt

@Linaleah
    Thanks! The shields are my newest trick: they're from Nord and Redguard carts (the wheels) also the grinder is a wheelbarrow upside down :p

oh this is so super-creative, nice!!
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    Also for continuing adventures in fireplaces. 4 statue bases two on top. One on each side make a slender fireplace. 4 tiles + logs of your choice

(Also as you see a great spot in the middle for that tiny fan from the hews bane achievement vendor.)

This is my hakvid hall tiny tower room.8vm3uwv6d1qj.png
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is now officially a fireplace thread :trollface:
    Jokes aside, very well done @Icengi +1 awesome B)
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a quick tip for anyone that has Topal Island; the Clockwork Gazebo, Copper and Basalt (on PTS atm) fits perfectly over the little ruined stone foundation area next to the lakes. It basically lets you set up a whole other house extension.

W51Ba9H.png
    y98NLr0.png
    jFJDrFG.png
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on September 23, 2017 9:02AM
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing. I have to know, how did you make the forge itself, with the coals and everything? I would really like to make something like that outdoors for my Blacksmithing station.
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bellamy wrote: »

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing. I have to know, how did you make the forge itself, with the coals and everything? I would really like to make something like that outdoors for my Blacksmithing station.

For the forge, I used the Statue, base that was on the luxury vendor a while ago. There's 2 of them overlapped , since i needed a "work area" on the front (where the sword is), on the side there's more of them, but flipped upside down to get a darker look and also a more "even" surface.
    The coals are the Dark elf coals that I snatched from the Kragen home in Deshan - not sure if they can be found anywhere else in the game atm (apart from guild vendors). I added 3 daedric braziers (hidden) for some big flames - it really brightens up the place!
    The rest on top is the fireplace that came with the house :p
  • Trepis26
    Trepis26

gcsn9a0a1l8d.png

9po54a4rejxc.png

llxguw04v43g.png

I got to see this last night in our guild house hop, really out standing to see in person. There is even a wall that didn't exist at first but you dont even notice until someone points it out, it fits so well.

nice work!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if I remember correctly, Velothi reverie also comes with those coals becasue I have 2 of them and its the only other place that I own that could have come with those.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭
    Bellamy wrote: »

For the forge, I used the Statue, base that was on the luxury vendor a while ago. There's 2 of them overlapped , since i needed a "work area" on the front (where the sword is), on the side there's more of them, but flipped upside down to get a darker look and also a more "even" surface.
    The coals are the Dark elf coals that I snatched from the Kragen home in Deshan - not sure if they can be found anywhere else in the game atm (apart from guild vendors). I added 3 daedric braziers (hidden) for some big flames - it really brightens up the place!
    The rest on top is the fireplace that came with the house :p

Tysm for the details! It's disappointing that the coals only come from houses that already exist... but you did at least give me some good ideas for how to make my own forge for my blacksmithing station in Sleek Creek!

That's 3 items now that I really want that only come from existing houses, haha. (The others are the closed Hlaalu shed, and the flowering lilypads.)
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trepis26
    Thank you for the support Trepis :D

@Linaleah
    Thanks for the tip, always good to know i can get some more :p

@Bellany
    You're very welcome! glad I could help :)
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields, Gold Ingots and a Mine

Continuing The Forge and since shields seemed to attract attention here's the making of one.
    ccmtmo3t1box.png
    1 undaunted base, 1 bucket (just enough to see the handler) 1 crate, lid upside down (just enough to see the 2 little pieces of wood)

In my mats box, I use Hlaalu boxes, compact upside down to make gold ingots.
    6cxo3j95ymca.png

The Nircrux mine (still a work in progress, as all my stuff)
    qese7p1ktmof.png
    Breton light posts, simple were used to make the mine wooden frame. The ignominous vines were flipped upside down to provide nirncrux nodes
    Edited by Arciris on September 24, 2017 3:16PM
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just popping in to say I'm still loving this thread and the creative hints and tips people post here. <3

PS: @Arciris is that a shield of King Kurog I see there in your furnace? Great job of hiding the rest of the statue in the wall. =D
  • MighTyx
    MighTyx
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice @Arciris and a lot of others in this thread!

It's unfortunate how limited we are with low furnishing caps preventing us from being able to showcase a lot of these detailed creative things in our main houses.
    Edited by MighTyx on September 24, 2017 11:01PM
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Incognitius
    Thanks :) The shield is from the craftable orc statue, not sure if it is King Kurog's though. Basically the answer is yes, it is a statue that is hidden in the wall, except for the shield ;)

@MighTyx
    Totally agree that the furnishing cap should be raised asap, especially in the larger houses. I haven't done much with my Hunding's due to being afraid of the frustration when hitting the ridiculous 600 item cap there (and that is with Eso+) since i know the stuff i have planned for that place will eat so many slots.
    So, instead, i'm decorating small and medium houses, where the cap is not too much of an issue.
    Don't be discouraged though, some of the stuff that is posted here actually don't take that many slots.
    Example: the forge base only takes 7 slots (including the crafting station, bellows, sword and hammer) - with the side working area, shields and spears and other decor it goes up to 20 -30 if you really add some detail.
  • Trepis26
    Trepis26
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Here's a quick tip for anyone that has Topal Island; the Clockwork Gazebo, Copper and Basalt (on PTS atm) fits perfectly over the little ruined stone foundation area next to the lakes. It basically lets you set up a whole other house extension.

W51Ba9H.png
    y98NLr0.png
    jFJDrFG.png

I love this little room ! Do I understand correctly ? That whole little hut is a single item called Clockwork Gazebo, Copper and Basalt ?
    Thanks
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

on a different note (mostly not to double post) - continuing adventures in fireplace building :)

21688292_1405155242931008_6146877496953897036_o.jpg?oh=f75b6e55851a3607178d591c969c5a97&oe=5A5BC409

after seeing super creative ideas here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/372369/some-items-i-pieced-together#latest it suddenly occurred to me that arched redguard well has a pretty fireplacey upper frame. so as per image above, I stacked 2 of them next to each other, to give it depth, added my favorite tower tile and used doused firepit with nord torch single to give it warmth. 5 items total :) tried triple torch first, but it was way too bright in that small room. decided to pretend that like with a lot of modern fireplaces - chimney is hidden inside the wall :) but... dark elf post from mournhold home goods vendor would work well, I think if you want the chimney anyways.

21762338_1405155239597675_4058231651670091688_o.jpg?oh=1e9dcd458e2db62d614a4ab250793cae&oe=5A561B0B

and to give this reply a triple purpose.. that room at the moment has 15 items total. aka non subscriber furnishing limit. it is ridiculously low. subscriber limits are bad enough. non-subscriber limits are basically discouraging from housing participation, because there's very little you can accomplish. I'm going to finish out this room over the weekend with 15 more items, but... seriously.. its such a stringy allowance...

Awesome on the fireplace! I am so going to steal that from you! But, I need to figure out something to use other than a tower tile - those are CS only, right?

And, kudos to everyone so far on this thread! Getting lots of great ideas. Never would have thought to use the wheels as shields - brilliant!

EDIT: And I totally agree about the item limit. I love the Ebony Flask Inn Room, but 30 slots is not much to really do a lot. But, try to do ANYTHING with the St. Delyn's Penthouse. Easily the same size as the Three Sisters Apartment, but only 30 slots with ESO+? I hit that limit and still have a number of other ideas I wish I could do...and it still looks so BARE!
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 25, 2017 9:18PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Awesome on the fireplace! I am so going to steal that from you! But, I need to figure out something to use other than a tower tile - those are CS only, right?

And, kudos to everyone so far on this thread! Getting lots of great ideas. Never would have thought to use the wheels as shields - brilliant!

EDIT: And I totally agree about the item limit. I love the Ebony Flask Inn Room, but 30 slots is not much to really do a lot. But, try to do ANYTHING with the St. Delyn's Penthouse. Easily the same size as the Three Sisters Apartment, but only 30 slots with ESO+? I hit that limit and still have a number of other ideas I wish I could do...and it still looks so BARE!

glad you liked it :) and yeah, those limits are very... limiting. that said, tower tile is actual an achievement item from Rivenspire https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/constellation-tile-the-tower/ , but if the cost is a bit much (I just cannot resist the beveled edges and engraved embellishments at the corners), a cheaper non achievement alternative could be one of the basic stone blocks or slabs. I think this one is similar size https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/rough-block-stone-slab/

I generally try to minimize using crown store only furnishings, with very few exceptions (book rows mostly) out of sheer stubbornness :P
    dirty worthless casual.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trepis26 wrote: »
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

W51Ba9H.png
    y98NLr0.png
    jFJDrFG.png

I love this little room ! Do I understand correctly ? That whole little hut is a single item called Clockwork Gazebo, Copper and Basalt ?
    Thanks
    Yep! It was added to the clockwork city pts, my guess is it'll be around 1k crowns when it goes live.
    Clockwork-Gazebo-Copper-and-Basalt-2.jpg
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

glad you liked it :) and yeah, those limits are very... limiting. that said, tower tile is actual an achievement item from Rivenspire https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/constellation-tile-the-tower/ , but if the cost is a bit much (I just cannot resist the beveled edges and engraved embellishments at the corners), a cheaper non achievement alternative could be one of the basic stone blocks or slabs. I think this one is similar size https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/rough-block-stone-slab/

I generally try to minimize using crown store only furnishings, with very few exceptions (book rows mostly) out of sheer stubbornness :P

Man...I definitely need to shop all the achievement vendors! I've looked at a few (mostly EP ones). I had no idea this was available in-game, and 10K is a pretty good price! Like you, I am pretty stubborn about not purchasing items from the CS - I've purchased the Vivec pack, and that's it - well, I guess if you count the houses I purchased furnished. :wink:
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love all of the ideas posted here! <3
    Here's my simple pond :)

bJYza6F.jpg

Items used:
    - water comes from Vivec's divination pool
    - bottom is made from Vvardenfell scale model turned upside down
    - lily pads from Daggerfall merchant
    - lily flowers from Hew's Bane merchant