The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Shuffle Skill is going to be locked under Medium Armor - PVP

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    How classes deals with Snares, CC in open world

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy
    Stam warden > Major exp wings + 15% less snare passive (lols)
    Stam dk > ??????? Perma block???

Every single class: roll dodge.

Thats not gonna deal with the snares does it?
    And if u ment that i need to dodge every snare applied by skills... well, got nothing to say.
    Edited by amir412 on October 9, 2017 12:04PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    laced wrote: »
    It used to be like this in the first place if I remember correctly. But this is a wonderful change, because lets be honest, why should someone wearing 7 heavy be able to use a medium armor ability?

THAT BEING SAID, medium armor desperately needs some passive dodge chance perks. Heavy gives you higher physical damage resist and rapid mending, light gives spell damage resist and extra spell penetration. Medium should have extra physical penetration too.....

LOL. Medium ALREADY has more crit AND a weapon damage bonus... now you want penetration, too? Use mauls or maces if you want more penetration!

Ehm ehm, 0.5% more crit if you wear all 7 pieces, 2.5% less than light if you wear just 5 pieces like they need to wear and there is not even need to prove 4800 penetration is so much more than 200-300 WD.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Melee weapons have a higher base weapon damage, dagger can boost crit a lot, bleed that ignores all resistance, ...

Also keep in mind penetration does not boost your heals and is useless against shields so trading wd for penetration will weaken your heals which is not the best idea for stam pvp chars.

It would also be interesting to actually calculate how much more damage light armor would give.(I think in pvp the penetration should give ~8% damage increase against none shielded targets and 12% wd maybe around 5% depending on the build)

I do keep in mind pen is just pure damage stat. The thing is these stats are usually balanced so pen offers more damage because it does just that. I just hate when someone brings the crit/wd card to discussion when medium basically has same crit (and is required to have all the pieces for it) and 12% WD is far less that people think it is. Just compare hunding to spriggan or warrior to lover.

The light armor pen is around 9-11% increase to most targets and 12% WD 4-5%. There is case to be made to prefer wd over pen even in this underpowered case (it should be 16-20% or even better, simply 420), because it buffs vigor and healing is important part of medium armor arsenal. But any light armor users who thinks 12% WD matches or is even better than the penetration they have cant simply do math.

How did you get that number? (It should be 7.4% in pvp if i am not mistaken)

Because contrary to @Aedaryl I dont leave out important bits. The penetration is not some number you add and remove and you get/lose the same damage %. It scales. The more you need the more it is worth it.

You cant just take mitigation and revert it for damage gained.
    660 penetration is worth far more against 33k resistance than against 660. It is literally twice more.

Just look for some Asayre topic with calculations

Penetration doesn't scale: The only important thing is to not overpenetrate your target.

Show me the maths if you tell me I'm wrong please.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    laced wrote: »
    It used to be like this in the first place if I remember correctly. But this is a wonderful change, because lets be honest, why should someone wearing 7 heavy be able to use a medium armor ability?

THAT BEING SAID, medium armor desperately needs some passive dodge chance perks. Heavy gives you higher physical damage resist and rapid mending, light gives spell damage resist and extra spell penetration. Medium should have extra physical penetration too.....

LOL. Medium ALREADY has more crit AND a weapon damage bonus... now you want penetration, too? Use mauls or maces if you want more penetration!

Ehm ehm, 0.5% more crit if you wear all 7 pieces, 2.5% less than light if you wear just 5 pieces like they need to wear and there is not even need to prove 4800 penetration is so much more than 200-300 WD.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Melee weapons have a higher base weapon damage, dagger can boost crit a lot, bleed that ignores all resistance, ...

Also keep in mind penetration does not boost your heals and is useless against shields so trading wd for penetration will weaken your heals which is not the best idea for stam pvp chars.

It would also be interesting to actually calculate how much more damage light armor would give.(I think in pvp the penetration should give ~8% damage increase against none shielded targets and 12% wd maybe around 5% depending on the build)

I do keep in mind pen is just pure damage stat. The thing is these stats are usually balanced so pen offers more damage because it does just that. I just hate when someone brings the crit/wd card to discussion when medium basically has same crit (and is required to have all the pieces for it) and 12% WD is far less that people think it is. Just compare hunding to spriggan or warrior to lover.

The light armor pen is around 9-11% increase to most targets and 12% WD 4-5%. There is case to be made to prefer wd over pen even in this underpowered case (it should be 16-20% or even better, simply 420), because it buffs vigor and healing is important part of medium armor arsenal. But any light armor users who thinks 12% WD matches or is even better than the penetration they have cant simply do math.

How did you get that number? (It should be 7.4% in pvp if i am not mistaken)

Because contrary to @Aedaryl I dont leave out important bits. The penetration is not some number you add and remove and you get/lose the same damage %. It scales. The more you need the more it is worth it.

You cant just take mitigation and revert it for damage gained.
    660 penetration is worth far more against 33k resistance than against 660. It is literally twice more.

Just look for some Asayre topic with calculations

Penetration doesn't scale: The only important thing is to not overpenetrate your target.

Show me the maths if you tell me I'm wrong please.

Penetration does not, but the damage does. Your own damage is increased by less the closer you are to the cap. As I said check Asayre thread and I think dpencil1 had some graphs that showed it too.

Maybe I botched some my own math, but they way I understand it, 500 (or 660 in pvp) is 1% damage increase (because it is 1% mitigation) only when you are missing 500(660) pen to the target's resistance. It is 2% if you are missing half the full resistance (so 25k in pve or 33k in PVP). So in reality it is never trully 1% per 500/660
    Edited by SodanTok on October 9, 2017 5:48PM
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the issue. I LOVE the change. The heavy armor meta will be gone and unkillable heavy templar builds can't use harness or shuffle. I don't think they used shuffle a lot anyway but still. It will help the game. Medium armor will be the only class with access to that. Which mean heavy armor will no longer be as tanky, and they will either have to choose between shaking snares with forward momentum and big boy heal, rally. And which one would they take? Rally, all the time. So less tankiness and less mobility from the damn heavy armor meta. (Aside from heavy nightblade who still won't be able to shake snares) I love it. Now if only the massive burst damage from mag sorcs would get dropped a bit, I have a feeling it would be a fun pvp environment again. Haven't had that in years
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol no, the heavy armour meta wont go anywhere. The loss of Rally will simply make people build even tankier to compensate.

Every stamina DK is going to run full sturdy with 1h+s ulti spam for permablock, without exception. Stamina warden doesnt need rally because it has its' own burst heal. People will probably just stop playing stam sorc and stamplar because medium armour is pointless if youre not a nightblade.

Seriously, if you think heavy armour is going to be less popular youre in for a rude awakening...
    Edited by Valencer on October 9, 2017 6:39PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    lol no, the heavy armour meta wont go anywhere. The loss of Rally will simply make people build even tankier to compensate.

Every stamina DK is going to run full sturdy with 1h+s ulti spam for permablock, without exception. Stamina warden doesnt need rally because it has its' own burst heal. People will probably just stop playing stam sorc and stamplar because medium armour is pointless if youre not a nightblade.

Seriously, if you think heavy armour is going to be less popular youre in for a rude awakening...

This guy knows.

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no doubt that a direct nerf will result on less people using heavy, the question is how many.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    There is no doubt that a direct nerf will result on less people using heavy, the question is how many.

Stam DK reached to a point where u have to perma block like magDK,
    I will never play this style. its discusting.
    I guess many more will aswell..

• deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭

So let me ask you, if they take forward momentum, lose rally heal and major evasion, AND they're speccing more into tankiness, using the shield ulti, how much damage are they doing...? Next to none. That's the point of a tank. The issue before is that they didn't need to use shield ult and sword and board much...they could use rally and shuffle and still spec fully into damage and use dawnbreaker. Now, according to your thoughts, they can't do either.
  • deadlychaos1991
    deadlychaos1991
    ✭✭✭
    Unkillable builds are unkillable builds. The issue arises when those unkillable are able to kill people themselves while being unkillable. A good player can see these tank-specced builds and completely ignore them because they can't really harm you. And theyll head to take out the healers and damage dealers.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unkillable builds are unkillable builds. The issue arises when those unkillable are able to kill people themselves while being unkillable. A good player can see these tank-specced builds and completely ignore them because they can't really harm you. And theyll head to take out the healers and damage dealers.

And what will change for the better for medium armor? It has still poor defense options.
    What does shuffle restiction change about having high damage, big heals on heavy armor? So many skills are already undodgeable.
    People can still build for unkillable builds with decent damage. Major evasion isn't the thing that made them insanely strong on defense. It's a mix of permablocking, heals and LoS. And this is all still possible, mist form is still a thing. And so are the ults from resto, SnB and warden healing.
    Those who take a real hit with the changes are not those specific cancer builds, it will be the "casual" stamina builds, just like when they thought they nailed it with the block cost increase.
    There are soo many reasons why people choose heavy over medium, and one of them is because medium is simply too weak.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on October 9, 2017 7:28PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And what will change for the better for medium armor? It has still poor defense options.
    A direct nerf to your competition is also an indirect buff to yourself.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on October 9, 2017 7:30PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I understand that logic, but that won't change any problem of medium armor.
    You still take too much damage, your heals are weak and and too much stuff is undodgeable.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That wont buff medium armor vs light sorcs, or heavy mag dks...
    Med armor vs those will still get blitzed.
    Edited by amir412 on October 9, 2017 8:00PM

• elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭

This guy knows.

This won't affect stamsorcs too much. I exclusively do not use shuffle on my stamsorc, personally I favour fwd momentum --> streak as a much better evasive tool and it snares.
    Edited by elfantasmo on October 9, 2017 9:33PM
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AS ZOS annouced yesterday in eso live,
    Heavy armor wont be able to use shuffle skill anymore, Which is a good thing. - Only if u wear 5 pieces of medium armor.

But i bet u forgot "Double Take " / "Blur" NB skill, what about it? I bet its going to work with heavy,
    Gratz ZOS, ure just going to make heavy armor nb more broken than it is in the last few patch.

How stamina players is even going to compete vs Magicka players now?? Wearing med armor??? (Ya right...)
    This change is nerfing Heavy armor to the ground, but yet its not buffing med armor, which cant even compete with light / heavy magicka users... like wtf?

AGAIN, no1 cares about the 15% lame dodge chance, i care about the snare removal. its pissing me off that heavy nb can still go away with it, but still, main problem is when u solo as a STAMDK, u cant remove the snares / cc that u get constantly every 2 seconds. (if not less)

Um. Blur and morphs don't remove snares... If you don't care about the 15% dodge chance why are you slamming blur in your ORiginal post? Your original post premise was that blur is unfair because it can be used on a heavy wearing NB. But here you state you don't care about the dodge chance and reference back to snare removal. Do you pvp bro? How can anyone take this post serious f you don't even know what blur does...besides, it's a class skill. Magicka NB don't have a class shield or an instant heal. Magicka NB can't dodge roll forever like stam NB. seriously, how many heavy armor wearing Magicka NB are there? I barely see any la ones let alone heavy armor ones lol. Let heavy Magicka NB use blur lol. Not like they are gonna be able to kill anything. If your a stam blade wearing heavy using blur, even better lol. Run your Magicka resource dry spamming blur.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Heavy armor wont be able to use shuffle skill anymore, Which is a good thing. - Only if u wear 5 pieces of medium armor.

But i bet u forgot "Double Take " / "Blur" NB skill, what about it? I bet its going to work with heavy,
    Gratz ZOS, ure just going to make heavy armor nb more broken than it is in the last few patch.

How stamina players is even going to compete vs Magicka players now?? Wearing med armor??? (Ya right...)
    This change is nerfing Heavy armor to the ground, but yet its not buffing med armor, which cant even compete with light / heavy magicka users... like wtf?

AGAIN, no1 cares about the 15% lame dodge chance, i care about the snare removal. its pissing me off that heavy nb can still go away with it, but still, main problem is when u solo as a STAMDK, u cant remove the snares / cc that u get constantly every 2 seconds. (if not less)

Um. Blur and morphs don't remove snares... If you don't care about the 15% dodge chance why are you slamming blur in your ORiginal post? Your original post premise was that blur is unfair because it can be used on a heavy wearing NB. But here you state you don't care about the dodge chance and reference back to snare removal. Do you pvp bro? How can anyone take this post serious f you don't even know what blur does...besides, it's a class skill. Magicka NB don't have a class shield or an instant heal. Magicka NB can't dodge roll forever like stam NB. seriously, how many heavy armor wearing Magicka NB are there? I barely see any la ones let alone heavy armor ones lol. Let heavy Magicka NB use blur lol. Not like they are gonna be able to kill anything. If your a stam blade wearing heavy using blur, even better lol. Run your Magicka resource dry spamming blur.

2 Things ive pointed in this thread -

1.If heavy armor can not use 15% dodge chance - SO nb shouldnt. (STAM NB)
    2.Unrelated to 1, Some classes wont be able to play open world anymore cuz they must rely on heavy armor (Hold ur ground class), and taking their only viable snare removal is absurd without giving other solution.

No need to make things complicated,
    I have no idea whos ure dueling, but you have no idea wtf ure talking about.
    Heavy armor mag nb is not the best class, but surely can have some decent dmg.
    but Heavy Stam NB is nearly broken if played right.- not that i know many of those.
    But seriously, im not gonna bother explaining this anymore.. cuz pepole simply lack some knowledge of top tier duels / open world. Which makes the majority agaisnt me.
    Edited by amir412 on October 10, 2017 6:08AM

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2.Unrelated to 1, Some classes wont be able to play open world anymore cuz they must rely on heavy armor (Hold ur ground class), and taking their only viable snare removal is absurd without giving other solution.

but Heavy Stam NB is nearly broken if played right.- not that i know many of those.
    But seriously, im not gonna bother explaining this anymore.. cuz pepole simply lack some knowledge of top tier duels / open world. Which makes the majority agaisnt me.

Agree lol, no point in arguing with clueless sheep
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Hehe, i really want some pepole here to eat ur incap or jeff's to the face.. that might change their mind about heavy nb :P
    Edited by amir412 on October 10, 2017 6:21AM

• SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear PvPers, thanks again for this nerf, in the name of the PvE community :D
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And how nerfing Shuffle to heavy armor helps pvers? pls do tell..
    It's a big nerf to PVE tava's set tanks, da ***?

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hehe, i really want some pepole here to eat ur incap or jeff to the face.. that might change their mind about heavy nb :P

Funny thing is that heavy nb is crazy strong in BGs and small scale IC as well hahaha.

Very few tanks run shuffle in top tier pve content.
    Edited by Subversus on October 10, 2017 6:23AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny thing is that heavy nb is crazy strong in BGs and small scale IC as well hahaha.

Very few tanks run shuffle in top tier pve content.

Dont bother buddy , just dont xD

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This logic is just completely broken. Why do you think every buff should be available to every class? What would be the point of a class then? Every class has unique things they can do, unique buffs they can provide. This really is one of the more dumb things I have read on the forums.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    This logic is just completely broken. Why do you think every buff should be available to every class? What would be the point of a class then? Every class has unique things they can do, unique buffs they can provide. This really is one of the more dumb things I have read on the forums.

There are way more ways to make class unique, NB is hit and run gameplay.. so why should it get a tanking skill, and stam dk not? while its gameplay rely on holding its ground?

Edited by amir412 on October 10, 2017 7:54AM

• LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok you ignored what I said. I'll break this down so you can understand. Blur doesn't remove snares. You don't care about the 15% dodge chance. What is your problem with blur on a stam heavy armor build if you don't care about the 15% dodge chance?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

There are way more ways to make class unique, NB is hit and run gameplay.. so why should it get a tanking skill, and stam dk not? while its gameplay rely on holding its ground?
    Yea... because that is the only way you can play NB, right? Please tell me you are not that narrowminded.

• Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So let me ask you, if they take forward momentum, lose rally heal and major evasion, AND they're speccing more into tankiness, using the shield ulti, how much damage are they doing...? Next to none. That's the point of a tank. The issue before is that they didn't need to use shield ult and sword and board much...they could use rally and shuffle and still spec fully into damage and use dawnbreaker. Now, according to your thoughts, they can't do either.

I guess you're not that experienced when it comes to ESO mechanics.

Like I said, every stamina DK will just be forced to go full sturdy. Wearing sturdy armour doesnt actually reduce the damage you deal. Stamina wardens dont have to change anything aside from maybe slotting a 2H if they aren't using one yet.

This is the only thing that will change. You will not see any stam DKs anymore besides heavy armour 1h+s/2h permablockers. You will not see any stamina wardens anymore that aren't using heavy armour 1h+s/2h. You will likely not see a lot of stam sorcs and stamplars anymore at all, since theyre forced into going medium armour (as they need rally's burst heal) which is a death sentence in open world PvP. Yay for diversity, I guess?

We're at the point where heavy armour isnt just the best armour, but is also completely mandatory because so much of PvP is focused around absorbing and outhealing unavoidable hits.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the same point they are making more of the burst completely unavoidable with 3 of the 5 classes having a stun through block and dodge now (sorry Templars and Wardens). What's meant to be a tool to combat the extreme ends of tanky builds will hit the people who don't build to that exponentially harder. And so just achieve the opposite and force everyone to be able to take a ton more damage. It's a race to the bottom no one can look forward to.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RETREATING MANEUVER

Mobilize your forces, granting Major Expedition and Major Gallop to you and your group, increasing your Movement Speed by 30% and Mounted Speed by 30%.|Also grants immunity to snares and immobilizations, removing any already applied.|The effect ends if you cast any spell on an enemy or ally.

Morph Effect: Also removes all snares and immobilizations previously applied to you and your group.

Cast Time: Instant

Target: Area

Radius: 20 Meters

Duration: 30 Seconds

You forgot the Part where it costs a crapton of stam :-D nah ill stay with medium on my stamden I feel more flexible then in heavy, tried oit heavy yesterday and wasn't to thrilled I prefer medium /la on my builds when possible
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on October 10, 2017 10:41AM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.