The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shuffle Skill is going to be locked under Medium Armor - PVP

• PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best change on the pts so far... Bye bye heavy armor... We won't miss you :)
    amir412 wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Hard to say.
    It´s either a slight buff to medium armor and keep the current set themes or a buff to medium armor setbonuses.

Both would definetly be over the top.

@Derra give me ur opinion on that -

Shuffle - No longer has Major Evasion but remove snares on activation, and some x Minor buff (perhaps not)
    Medium Armor - Wearing 5 pieces will gain the user Major Evasion in all times.

This way heavy users can still deal with snares in open world, lose abit of tankiness cuz 15% dodge chance is gone.
    Med armor will gain abit of dmg cuz now players can drop shuffle for more offensive skill.

Just use forward momentum...
    Edited by PathwayM on October 3, 2017 5:00PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    RIP snare counterplay.

Preview of Cyrodiil gameplay:

Maybe this is their roundabount way of dealing with cyro lag -- if half the population is snared, everyone's character will run at the same speed as ZoS' servers.

Full heavy armor should not be highly mobile to begin with, not compared to medium armor. If they want the heavy armor meta to change, this change needs to happen. I find it a "semi-buff" to medium armor. Or at least a reason for people to run it more.

It's nowhere near enough for medium to compete, especially since shuffle and vigor were balanced in earlier patches independent of the armor requirement to be more expensive/lower chance.

This change is likely going to force forward momentum and 2h onto stam builds -- effectively removing stam's burst heal for an improperly tuned vigor. It's like they disregard or are unaware of all their own previous balance philosophies every-time enough newbs QQ on the forums about something.

Wouldn't it be better to just swap out Shuffle for Mist Form if your class needs the heal from Rally?

If I was a vamp magicka class using 2h, yes. We're talking about stam, see thread title.

For posterity, I agree with the shuffle armor requirement, but not the removal of snare management from all stam builds save medium setups -- medium is mediocre at best for most stam builds given the state of PvP and this change does not address that, at all.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP snare counterplay.

Maybe this is their roundabount way of dealing with cyro lag -- if half the population is snared, everyone's character will run at the same speed as ZoS' servers.

Full heavy armor should not be highly mobile to begin with, not compared to medium armor. If they want the heavy armor meta to change, this change needs to happen. I find it a "semi-buff" to medium armor. Or at least a reason for people to run it more.

It's nowhere near enough for medium to compete, especially since shuffle and vigor were balanced in earlier patches independent of the armor requirement to be more expensive/lower chance.

This change is likely going to force forward momentum and 2h onto stam builds -- effectively removing stam's burst heal for an improperly tuned vigor. It's like they disregard or are unaware of all their own previous balance philosophies every-time enough newbs QQ on the forums about something.

Wouldn't it be better to just swap out Shuffle for Mist Form if your class needs the heal from Rally?

If I was a vamp magicka class using 2h, yes. We're talking about stam, see thread title.

For posterity, I agree with the shuffle armor requirement, but not the removal of snare management from all stam builds save medium setups -- medium is mediocre at best for most stam builds given the state of PvP and this change does not address that, at all.

Med and Light armor still getting rekt by heavy, even without shuffle.
    This change didnt fixed ***, it only made some classes not viable to open world pvp anymore. Thats the only thing zos achieved with it.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    AS ZOS annouced yesterday in eso live,
    Heavy armor wont be able to use shuffle skill anymore, Which is a good thing. - Only if u wear 5 pieces of medium armor.

But i bet u forgot "Double Take " / "Blur" NB skill, what about it? I bet its going to work with heavy,
    Gratz ZOS, ure just going to make heavy armor nb more broken than it is in the last few patch.

How stamina players is even going to compete vs Magicka players now?? Wearing med armor??? (Ya right...)
    This change is nerfing Heavy armor to the ground, but yet its not buffing med armor, which cant even compete with light / heavy magicka users... like wtf?

Why stamina getting nerfed patch after patch, but magicka builds remain untouched??
    Dont forget the "low cost" of Shuffle on heavy, 4.2k stamina cost pretty much *** up ur resources.

Do i even have the option now to 1 vs x, or small scale as stam player if im not a nb or a sorc? let the snare games begin.

How classes deals with snares open world - Escape abilites

Stam nb > Cloak (Ease the snare duration while hidden)
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Purify
    Stam warden > Major exp wings + 15% less snare passive (lols)
    Stam dk > ??????? Perma block???

Mag Classes > Mist Form. (And more ofc...)

My suggestion for a better balancing-

Shuffle - No longer has Major Evasion but remove snares on activation, and some x Minor buff (perhaps not)
    Medium Armor Passive - Wearing 5 pieces will gain the user Major Evasion in all times.
    @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno ^

This way heavy users can still deal with snares in open world, lose abit of tankiness cuz 15% dodge chance is gone.
    Med armor will gain abit of dmg cuz now players can drop shuffle for more offensive skill.
    This is called true balance.

If magicka classes want to use annulment they have to wear 5 pcs of light armor.
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Completely changing how skills work and the requirement for them at this point seems counterproductive. It's like the balance team is locked in a closet and they let them out once a month to take a look at the game. I have never seen a company chip away at their customer base as much as ZOS does. It feels like they want the good/smart players to go away so they can have a bunch of costume wearing, crown crate buying casuals. Maybe this is their marketing plan so they can introduce the next chapter and get another sixty dollars from them. On one hand they talk about build diversity and then they turn around and pigeonhole people into classes and skills. I truly believe if people stop posting in the forms and stopped streaming the game they would have no idea of what's going on.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely changing how skills work and the requirement for them at this point seems counterproductive. It's like the balance team is locked in a closet and they let them out once a month to take a look at the game. I have never seen a company chip away at their customer base as much as ZOS does. It feels like they want the good/smart players to go away so they can have a bunch of costume wearing, crown crate buying casuals. Maybe this is their marketing plan so they can introduce the next chapter and get another sixty dollars from them. On one hand they talk about build diversity and then they turn around and pigeonhole people into classes and skills. I truly believe if people stop posting in the forms and stopped streaming the game they would have no idea of what's going on.

Most of content creators just ditched the game,
    This game pretty much gonna die in a few years, unless they change direction and start building this game by skill based.

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP snare counterplay.

This change didnt fixed ***, it only made some classes not viable to open world pvp anymore. Thats the only thing zos achieved with it.

They start to nerf HA on this way. I dont think, that its wrong. Its more pressure for HA targets. For example some nightblades in HA now need to use the other morph of momentum and dont have there instantheal anymore. So they need to play more careful. Together with that they will really miss there 15% dodgechance.
    Main problem will be again, that some HA builds can stack more weapondamage then every medium armor build just because of some sets...
    But we will see. I really like this changes. They really readed some community posts and change some good things in the first time of ESO.. we will see how that is working. Maybe better then you think actually.
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    RIP snare counterplay.

They start to nerf HA on this way. I dont think, that its wrong. Its more pressure for HA targets. For example some nightblades in HA now need to use the other morph of momentum and dont have there instantheal anymore. So they need to play more careful. Together with that they will really miss there 15% dodgechance.
    Main problem will be again, that some HA builds can stack more weapondamage then every medium armor build just because of some sets...
    But we will see. I really like this changes. They really readed some community posts and change some good things in the first time of ESO.. we will see how that is working. Maybe better then you think actually.

They can use double take and game over x)

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont care about Blur, its not a big deal. But if shuffle getting nerfed to heavy armor only, then blur should aswell.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKz82v5JQY
    Edited by Koensol on October 8, 2017 9:41AM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    Very good change. Blur is their class skill, they can use it 24/7 same as Sorc can use his ward with heavy, DK his reflective scales, Templar blazing shield and so on....

If you implying that NB must have their Blur nerfed that means all of the above must be nerfed.

If you are still serious about it then
    it's best to fully remove all the skills that have even slight difference between classes and then you will play sword against sword. Something tells me you will still find a reason to make a thread that it os unfair, OP, broken etc

And something tells me u have no clue in pvp...
    As u said for urself, Ward and Blur should get nerfed as the other skills got rekt to the ground. - There is a reason no1 using Blazing or Reflect, but pepole still using Blur and Ward.

I dont care about Blur, its not a big deal. But if shuffle getting nerfed to heavy armor only, then blur should aswell.

didn't they say that this change "makes blur more special"? so no it's not gonna get changed. at any rate it doesn't really mater. since with/without shuffle/blur stam nb's are really the only class that can wear medium armor and get away with it.

well, stam sorcs to. but still whatever.
    Edited by Lucky28 on October 8, 2017 10:02AM
    Invictus
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

I know son, its hard for u to understand such complex sentence, it must hurts when u try too.
    Lucky28 wrote: »

didn't they say that this change "makes blur more special"? so no it's not gonna get changed. at any rate it doesn't really mater. since with/without shuffle/blur stam nb's are really the only class that can wear medium armor and get away with it.

I was talking about heavy armor builds with blur...
    Edited by amir412 on October 8, 2017 11:31AM

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

I know son, its hard for u to understand such complex sentence, it must hurts when u try too.

I was talking about heavy armor builds with blur...

yeah i know. ZoS said the fact that shuffle cannot be used with heavy armor makes Blur on nightblades more special because it can. it's not gonna be changed.

and i said your proposed change wouldn't affect nightblades because they can use medium more efficiently than pretty much any other class.

regardless it doesn't even really matter. there is so much undodgeable bs in the game the main strength of shuffle was removing snares more than dodge chance. which is where the real problem is. blur is not as good as shuffle because it does not remove snares, which is why most nb's use shuffle over blur.
    Edited by Lucky28 on October 8, 2017 12:45PM
    Invictus
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah i know. ZoS said the fact that shuffle cannot be used with heavy armor makes Blur on nightblades more special because it can. it's not gonna be changed.

and i said your proposed change wouldn't affect nightblades because they can use medium more efficiently than pretty much any other class.

regardless it doesn't even really matter. there is so much undodgeable bs in the game the main strength of shuffle was removing snares more than dodge chance. which is where the real problem is. blur is not as good as shuffle because it does not remove snares, which is why most nb's use shuffle over blur.

By special u mean OP?
    They achieved nothing with the shuffle "nerf", it only made my class and few others unviable for solo play in cyro, which was the only thing that kept me playing this game. -Also placing mag heavy armor at the top.
    I already uninstalled and unsubbed, till they bring some quality balance i wont step in to this cancer game. -Direction of eso is towards casuals gameplay. *** this ***.
    Got tired of broken mechanics,
    Got tired when my build last only for 1 patch for 10 in a row,
    And most important the *** insane lag in cyro, Why u guys are even bother with maintaince? xD

Edited by amir412 on October 9, 2017 11:13AM

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They achieved nothing with the shuffle "nerf", it only made my class and few others unviable for solo play in cyro, which was the only thing that kept me playing this game. -Also placing mag heavy armor at the top.
    I already uninstalled and unsubbed, till they bring some quality balance i wont step in to this cancer game. -Direction of eso is towards casuals gameplay. *** this ***.
    And most important the *** insane lag in cyro, Why u guys are even bother with maintaince? xD

i don't blame you. since Morrowind patch this game has been kinda ***, and it's very disapointing ZoS didn't address any of those issues. plus all this talk of all the classes have a heal, dps and tanking specific skill three is very depressing.
    Invictus
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on October 8, 2017 2:28PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on October 8, 2017 9:39PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RIP snare counterplay.

With that logic- then light armor should have a sprint/dodge increase speed over medium armor...
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intro for next patch - Stam DK-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVZYb2aosVE

Only way u can play as Stam DK,
    Tank till help comes.. amazing.
    Edited by amir412 on October 9, 2017 7:10AM

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you already uninstalled & unsubbed, can you stop commenting on the forums too?
    Many here don't agree with you & it won't change anyways so please stop ranting your bias.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »

If you already uninstalled & unsubbed, can you stop commenting on the forums too?
    Many here don't agree with you & it won't change anyways so please stop ranting your bias.

Why do u even care?
    Just move on the next thread, and mind ur own stuff.
    I'll promote what ever i think is right, and not what the majority thinks.

Edit:
    Nothing to say? thought so, :trollface:
    Edited by amir412 on October 9, 2017 12:11PM

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AS ZOS annouced yesterday in eso live,
    Heavy armor wont be able to use shuffle skill anymore, Which is a good thing. - Only if u wear 5 pieces of medium armor.

But i bet u forgot "Double Take " / "Blur" NB skill, what about it? I bet its going to work with heavy,
    Gratz ZOS, ure just going to make heavy armor nb more broken than it is in the last few patch.

How stamina players is even going to compete vs Magicka players now?? Wearing med armor??? (Ya right...)
    This change is nerfing Heavy armor to the ground, but yet its not buffing med armor, which cant even compete with light / heavy magicka users... like wtf?

Why stamina getting nerfed patch after patch, but magicka builds remain untouched??
    Dont forget the "low cost" of Shuffle on heavy, 4.2k stamina cost pretty much *** up ur resources.

Do i even have the option now to 1 vs x, or small scale as stam player if im not a nb or a sorc? let the snare games begin.

How classes deals with snares open world - Escape abilites

Stam nb > Cloak (Ease the snare duration while hidden)
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Purify

Mag Classes > Mist Form. (And more ofc...)

My suggestion for a better balancing-

Medium Armor Passive - Wearing 5 pieces will gain the user Major Evasion in all times.
    @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno ^

This is called true balance.

I thinks armor skills should not force you to use 5 pieces but 2. Also, you would have skill efficiency less with 2 pieces than with 5. For example:

Amror skill
    • 2 pieces - 70% of effect
    • 3 pieces - 80% of effect
    • 4 pieces - 90% of effect
    • 5 pieces -100% of effect
    • 6 pieces - 110% of effect
    • 7 pieces - 120% of effect

Bottom line.
    With 5-1-1 setup you have 6% stat bonus from undaunted passive and you get 100% efficiency on armor skills.
    With 5-2 setup, you lose 2% of all stats but you are able to use one armor skill at 100% efficiency and another at 70%
    With 6-1 setup, you lose 2% of stats from undaunted passive, but you are able to use one armor skill at 110% efficiency.
    With 7-0 setup, you lose 4% of stats from undaunted passive, but you are able to use armor skill at 120% efficiency.
    This would give us more choices and potentially more diversity in builds.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    It used to be like this in the first place if I remember correctly. But this is a wonderful change, because lets be honest, why should someone wearing 7 heavy be able to use a medium armor ability?

THAT BEING SAID, medium armor desperately needs some passive dodge chance perks. Heavy gives you higher physical damage resist and rapid mending, light gives spell damage resist and extra spell penetration. Medium should have extra physical penetration too.....

LOL. Medium ALREADY has more crit AND a weapon damage bonus... now you want penetration, too? Use mauls or maces if you want more penetration!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It used to be like this in the first place if I remember correctly. But this is a wonderful change, because lets be honest, why should someone wearing 7 heavy be able to use a medium armor ability?

THAT BEING SAID, medium armor desperately needs some passive dodge chance perks. Heavy gives you higher physical damage resist and rapid mending, light gives spell damage resist and extra spell penetration. Medium should have extra physical penetration too.....

LOL. Medium ALREADY has more crit AND a weapon damage bonus... now you want penetration, too? Use mauls or maces if you want more penetration!

Ehm ehm, 0.5% more crit if you wear all 7 pieces, 2.5% less than light if you wear just 5 pieces like they need to wear and there is not even need to prove 4800 penetration is so much more than 200-300 WD.

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Ehm ehm, 0.5% more crit if you wear all 7 pieces, 2.5% less than light if you wear just 5 pieces like they need to wear and there is not even need to prove 4800 penetration is so much more than 200-300 WD.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Melee weapons have a higher base weapon damage, dagger can boost crit a lot, bleed that ignores all resistance, ...

Also keep in mind penetration does not boost your heals and is useless against shields so trading wd for penetration will weaken your heals which is not the best idea for stam pvp chars.

It would also be interesting to actually calculate how much more damage light armor would give.(I think in pvp the penetration should give ~8% damage increase against none shielded targets and 12% wd maybe around 5% depending on the build)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Melee weapons have a higher base weapon damage, dagger can boost crit a lot, bleed that ignores all resistance, ...

Also keep in mind penetration does not boost your heals and is useless against shields so trading wd for penetration will weaken your heals which is not the best idea for stam pvp chars.

It would also be interesting to actually calculate how much more damage light armor would give.(I think in pvp the penetration should give ~8% damage increase against none shielded targets and 12% wd maybe around 5% depending on the build)

I do keep in mind pen is just pure damage stat. The thing is these stats are usually balanced so pen offers more damage because it does just that. I just hate when someone brings the crit/wd card to discussion when medium basically has same crit (and is required to have all the pieces for it) and 12% WD is far less that people think it is. Just compare hunding to spriggan or warrior to lover.

The light armor pen is around 9-11% increase to most targets and 12% WD 4-5%. There is case to be made to prefer wd over pen even in this underpowered case (it should be 16-20% or even better, simply 420), because it buffs vigor and healing is important part of medium armor arsenal. But any light armor users who thinks 12% WD matches or is even better than the penetration they have cant simply do math.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do keep in mind pen is just pure damage stat. The thing is these stats are usually balanced so pen offers more damage because it does just that. I just hate when someone brings the crit/wd card to discussion when medium basically has same crit (and is required to have all the pieces for it) and 12% WD is far less that people think it is. Just compare hunding to spriggan or warrior to lover.

The light armor pen is around 9-11% increase to most targets and 12% WD 4-5%. There is case to be made to prefer wd over pen even in this underpowered case (it should be 16-20% or even better, simply 420), because it buffs vigor and healing is important part of medium armor arsenal. But any light armor users who thinks 12% WD matches or is even better than the penetration they have cant simply do math.

You can't simply do math. 4884 Spell penatration is 7.4% more damage on unshielded target. Don't bring false number.

33 000 is armor cap and it's 50% mitigation.

divide both value per 100.

330 is 0.5% mitigation.

Double value for having 1%

660 is 1% mitigation.

4884/660 = 7.4%
    Edited by Aedaryl on October 9, 2017 11:05AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

You can't simply do math. 4884 Spell penatration is 7.4% more damage on unshielded target. Don't bring false number.

33 000 is armor cap and it's 50% mitigation.

divide both value per 100.

330 is 0.5% mitigation.

Double value for having 1%

660 is 1% mitigation.

4884/660 = 7.4%

Damn i didnt knew my boi is such good with numbers x)

• Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How did you get that number? (It should be 7.4% in pvp if i am not mistaken)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How classes deals with Snares, CC in open world

Stam nb > Cloak
    Stam Sorc > Streak
    Stam Templar > Prufiy

Every single class: roll dodge.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How did you get that number? (It should be 7.4% in pvp if i am not mistaken)

Because contrary to @Aedaryl I dont leave out important bits. The penetration is not some number you add and remove and you get/lose the same damage %. It scales. The more you need the more it is worth it.

You cant just take mitigation and revert it for damage gained.
    660 penetration is worth far more against 33k resistance than against 660. It is literally twice more.

Just look for some Asayre topic with calculations

Edited by SodanTok on October 9, 2017 12:08PM