Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats on making it to post #31

#RoadTo60

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <double post>
    Edited by Chrlynsch on October 6, 2017 6:31PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tenor.gif
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Well....looks like the Covenant has embraced their final tactic.Not being there is netting them more points than they can gain by actually PvP-ing against players. Congratulations to the Daggerfall Covenant for their stalwart heart.

Well...I was trying to add a screenshot of the DC with the low population bonus catching up in score...but the forum mechanics seem to be in favor of us not posting pictures of our campaign populations. I think it's time @ZOS_GinaBruno took a look at why we keep getting discouraged from talking about our campaign in the campaign section of the forums when there are far worse things being said about individual players and guilds in other sections that aren't nearly as heavily moderated as this.

The mods seem to be clear as to why they have closed the previous threads. The actual PvP belongs in the game it seems.

But they haven't. We have been given specific rules for specific threads (like a footnote in the TOS) and vague closure notices for trying to stay in the lines they keep making more narrow each thread.

The forum drama is one of the biggest reasons we have good PvP. Those of us that read it and contribute to it do so in order to get more action in game. I don't understand why Azuras/Sotha threads get the "These are the TOS*" treatment with the * meaning "see additional rules about how you are allowed to talk about this specific campaign."

There is a difference between moderation and censorship, and considering the games rating of "mature", censorship should be only reserved for blatant TOS violations instead of pandering to mass reportings from people that got their feelings hurt in a video game intended for "mature" audiences.
    Marek
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who let the penguin out of the can again?
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well....looks like the Covenant has embraced their final tactic.Not being there is netting them more points than they can gain by actually PvP-ing against players. Congratulations to the Daggerfall Covenant for their stalwart heart.

Well...I was trying to add a screenshot of the DC with the low population bonus catching up in score...but the forum mechanics seem to be in favor of us not posting pictures of our campaign populations. I think it's time @ZOS_GinaBruno took a look at why we keep getting discouraged from talking about our campaign in the campaign section of the forums when there are far worse things being said about individual players and guilds in other sections that aren't nearly as heavily moderated as this.

The mods seem to be clear as to why they have closed the previous threads. The actual PvP belongs in the game it seems.

If they spent as much time moderating PvP in game as they do on the forums we'd be in business.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mikmak wrote: »
    Who let the penguin out of the can again?

When enough gas builds up the top just pops off.
    Marek
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like surstromming but less smelly.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

If they spent as much time moderating PvP in game as they do on the forums we'd be in business.

^^^^^
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Shame that a lot of AD just wants to make the map yellow. AD has become what DC once was it seems :\ )

pzschrek wrote: »
    Oh my guess is they're probably there, they just switched to AD XD

I can't say with any certainty that some DC players haven't switched faction to AD or EP but I haven't noticed a mass influx of new guilds or players. I think a lot of our population problems before were people coming into Cyrodiil, seeing a blue map in the morning, and consequently noping the $%&@ out rather than struggle in small groups against greater numbers.US prime time was different but late night and early morning PvP was like banging your head against a wall.
    I might be trash but "garbage can" not "garbage can't".
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That doesn't explain how other campaign threads have a much longer leash than ours, despite breaking just as many rules.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    Every ESO youtube video ever posted on these forums breaks the rules that get our thread locked.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    I think Rickter might've been onto something, had a lot of fun wiping the 10 or so ad gate campers today with just our 4 man. I'd post the clip but that would be naming and shaming :(
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing on my ep mainly this campaign but last I mainly played ad, and I'm just wondering where were all these ad that now have such inflated egos because they can Zerg the map when ad was getting gate camped every day lol
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Teamwork makes the dream work.
    93KMa7A.jpg
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    I think Rickter might've been onto something, had a lot of fun wiping the 10 or so ad gate campers today with just our 4 man. I'd post the clip but that would be naming and shaming :(
    Typically it's baddies you run into that are doing that so it can be a lot of fun. Plus you get gate ticks on top of it and you have infinite respawn at a nearby location.

It's too bad we can't name and shame though, but they should be ashamed regardless.

The best part is the rage tells when you're farming them inside your own gates.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    20 man ad to fight the only 5 ep online lol prime time sotha is so fun
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love that "low pop bonus" amirite?
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing screams fun pvp like having my 4 man getting zerged down by 15+ ADs and tbagged, especially when not a single one of them have responded to my 1v1 request.

Funny how they're doing it because they feel DC "deserves" to get gate camped when in reality it's them killing the campaign this time around. All that they're achieving is ruining the pvp for others and encouraging the next wave of DC guilds that will eventually come to help out in Sotha to gate camp them in retaliation.

You'd think by now people would realise that gate camping is what kills the campaign.
    Edited by Sylphie on October 9, 2017 1:44AM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so DC gate camps the entire spring and summer and it's ok but AD does it for half a campaign and they're the ones killing the campaign?

I hate the AD gate camp crap as much as anybody, but DC set the tone for Sotha.

Could you at least make an effort to hide your bias? lol
    Edited by Taysa on October 9, 2017 3:06AM
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    Wait, so DC gate camps the entire spring and summer and it's ok but AD does it for half a campaign and they're the ones killing the campaign?

No sir, what DC did was not ok, and that does not make what AD is doing ok.
    But go ahead, if you find that a 100% yellow map is fun, keep encouraging a dead map.
    It's not like Sotha is the only campaign we can play on. We'll just go to a more balanced campaign.

Edit : Disclaimer : This is not specifically meant to Taysa (wouldnt want to get this tread closed), but to those AD who complained on forums and now doing what they complained about.
    Edited by Raknosh on October 9, 2017 3:42AM
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

The only people that think gate camping is okay are the ones doing it. Doesn't matter for how long or which side, AD doing it now is no better for the campaign than DC doing it for months. It's a recursive cycle that will never end. I bet in a few months it will be EP doing the same thing.

And I am pretty sure there were a lot more DC against what was happening on Sotha and vocal about it than there were ones gate camping.
    Edited by PenguinInACan on October 9, 2017 3:17AM
    Marek
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »

No sir, what DC did was not ok, and that does not make what AD is doing ok.
    But go ahead, if you find that a 100% yellow map is fun, keep encouraging a dead map.
    It's not like Sotha is the only campaign we can play on. We'll just go to a more balanced campaign.

You seem to be under some kind of delusion that I'm AD.

I'm not. I'm EP. Ya know...the only faction that's been *** on consistently?
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    I log in to an all Yellow map 3bars vs 1bar v 1bar and there's tons of AD in zone typing LFG lol. RIP Sotha. I don't recognize a lot of these people that are in zone now. It's none of the AD regulars I usually see. Bunch of bandwagon faction hoppers who only want to play on whatever side is winning I bet. I've been in Vivec lately. Lag sucks but at least their are players to fight.
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭

DId I ever say DC gate camping was okay? Maybe you should properly read my posts before you comment. I've been vocal against gate camping for the longest time and have repeatedly argued against it, whether or not it was DC or AD that were doing it.

But hey, you seem like the type of person that would vilify DC as a whole and encourage gate camping, as shown by your previous post.
    And gate camping DC? We'll just call that karma. Maybe when the faction rises up against the malignancy we're all speaking of instead of riding on their coattails of free AP and monthly gold jewelry rewards, EP and AD would have more sympathy for them. But until then? Nah. We've been putting up with this crap all spring and summer. Our sympathy has run out.

Once again, the hypocrisy shown in these threads amazes me. If we go by the popular opinions being presented, all DC players are night capping scumbags that should be gate camped and be barred from having fun in Sotha.

And I'm the one with the bias lul.

@Curie
    Làin - MagDK
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the proof that na no CP players are the saltiest ones in eso pvp? Might have to make a na account just for sotha.
  • Scarlett_Princess
    Scarlett_Princess
    ✭✭✭
    [img][/img]dc_cry_1.jpg
    FACT: Haters don't really hate you. In fact, they hate themselves, because you're a reflection of what they wish to be.

~ Scarlett Princess | Aldmeri Dominion | Orc | Stamina Sorcerer ~

Aussie Player | PC | NA Server
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you ask members of a zerg group to 1v1? That seems like a pointless exercise. You're going to win, they're going to lose. Does that somehow make you feel validated even if you know the outcome?

This gatecamping junk sucks. I really wish AD would take a step back for a bit. Some of us play on bad internet connections and macbook pros because that's all we've got so we can't step foot in places like Vivec without literally crashing at the gates unless it's 10am or something. People like me can't run off to any of the 7-day CP campaigns because those are all even more dead during the hours I can play than Sotha.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭

0b4mJqe.gif

I might be trash but "garbage can" not "garbage can't".