The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.2

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timeraider wrote: »
    Ok, let me review the healing ult change.

Problem people had with the healing ult:
    - Very cheap
    - As its a HoT, the problem was never full the HoT. It was the fact that it has high instant healing compared to the cost before the HoT even happens

What ZOS changes:
    - Reduce healing over time and the hots morph

I already lost the *** logic behind it here but lets continue to think about what happens now.

The healing morph became weaker, meaning the ult regen one became more attractive while the cost stayed the same.

So ZOS basically is saying "we need MORE Wardens spamming this skill, please spam it all the way up our ass, please!"
    *** hell... even keeping the skill the same but increasing the cost by 33% would have been a better idea
    Nice! You guys did EXACTLY what I hoped for regarding Trees :)

If this is your idea of a good change for EITHER of the sides. I got no words.

What? Wanted it nerfed more. Well... Too bad! I'll take this over the complete obliteration they usually do. But I think your QQ is sweet, it sustains me
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sedare
    Sedare
    ✭✭✭
    how about you kill off Miat's while your updating PTS. It effectively provides a pre-emptive dodge/block chance to many attacks in and out of stealth that have no way to be countered. It is in effect a cheat.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like I will be able to move my crafter out of Craglorn after this goes live! Great!

It's worth mentioning that you guys could probably make some money if you sold an assistant that could be placed in player homes that would give and accept crafting writs. I know it's a niche market where only crafters would be interested, but if you didn't overcharge for it, I bet it would still sell pretty good.

And while I'm on the topic, a guild banking in player housing is long over due...

Edited by Giraffon on October 4, 2017 4:54PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    reiverx wrote: »
    LordSlif wrote: »
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    Why are all the mag DKs moaning?

75% of your enemies are vampires in PVP and take 25% extra damage from your attacks.
    Your resistance is the highest, you have dragon leap which is cheap, can't dodge it and hits like a truck, oh and it's a gap closer.

You have a good heal and your CCs are the best.

But no, you want a gap closer, execute and mobility too.

Lol what on Earth would be the point in playing ANY other class if we had that?

Those vamps are resisting thanks to elemental defender.

CCs are the best? in melee range maybe, but 90% of players run immovable pots, this is arguable.

Leap is a gap closer? It is an ultimate that can be blocked or dodged intime, compare it to any other cheap ulti or something that costs the same, it is not all that, not to mention the animation bugs you get stuck in half the time.

We do not "want " a gap closer, we mentioned LACKING a gap closer, it should be compensated, just like not having an execute, some compensation is worth considering.

You have very little info in how the mDk was before IC update, after and even today. You are probably being carried or running with a healer in Cyrodiil, or having some stamina guy with you while you CC and leap and he bursts.

DK is in a good spot

If being non-existent in PvP groups is a "good spot" then yeah I guess we're in a great spot.

You should actually try playing DK before commenting on its viability.
    I play one and see them all the time on console. Especially in battlegrounds, mag DK specifically is very strong in battlegrounds. Not as strong as mag warden for BGs but that is almost entirely because of the healing ult.

It's arguably the weakest magicka class, even in BGs. Just because people can hold block while their teammates get KBs doesn't mean it's a strong class. Give me a group of 3 Magplars or 3 Magblades with a Warden any day of the week.

Who said anything about holding block? Perhaps you just built yours wrong?

Slow the roll on that hyperbole and perhaps your comments could be taken more seriously.

Mag DK's in general struggle to get KB's but that in no way eliminates their value or contribution. Secondly I have played with and against a few Mag DK's that got plenty of KB's.

In contrast Sorc's in general get plenty of KB's, but I've seen a ton of them that can't deal squat for damage and just grab KB's off their allies. Getting KB's only defines performance for teenagers who cant see beyond a particular K/D ratio. Same kids who go into a BGs on NB's and ignore the objectives while exalting that they went 5-0 by ganking solo players.

Yes and no.

If you are in a group, then I agree that getting killing blows is not particularly that important as there are other things a non-killer could do productively for their team. As to whether or not the DK offers just as many "other things" comapred to other classes is a matter of debate. I think it's very difficulty to quantify that and convincingly say a DK is better. I will grant chains can be useful, talons is strong, and eruption can have a role, but is anyone going to tell me they are better than Fear, corrupting Pollen, Encase, or Breath of Life?

You say slow the role on hyperbole and then equate getting killing blows as ONLY defining performance for teenagers. Physician, heal thyself. If you are not in a group, than killing blows are tantamount to winning and losing; in the open world alone, a DK has to get killing blows and multiple amounts or else it's rez at wayshrine.

That's because I don't see DK's lacking for killing blows because of an inability to kill opponents. Rather they lack because they do not have an execute and they are on the lower end of burst, so they lose killing blows to allies that they would otherwise get solo.

In BG's you are always in a group, whether you que'd in with those players or not. I made no claim that a Mag DK was strong solo in Cyrodiil. Although I have seen a few video's of some that did quite well for themselves.

I have actually played a match with two mag DK's, one stam DK, and a NB. All four players on my team did over 800k damage and beat both opposing teams which had dedicated healers that healed for over 500k. The highest damage dealer was a Mag DK at 1.2mil. I have seen Mag DK's go 20 and 0 in BG's. No it is not common, but it isn't entirely elusive or impossible.

Yes in general Mag DK's struggle to get KB's because they lack an execute, where other setups can get KB's. Trust me I've played a lot of bow builds and bow/bow builds, I'm very familiar with struggling to get KB's. Not having a strong execute does not break a class.

Notice I said KB's not Mag DK's cannot kill other players.

Some Solo:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHYWTMIRhDU

This guy has healer die about 1min in:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmnY9LBdQjA

Some group:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsfxPLeBm2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yL-gUtoz7Q

I'm not sure why people keep peddling this fallacious argument that the DKs pulling "1.2m damage" in BGs is somehow representative of the strengths of the class. Give me a teammate who does half as much overall damage but does it in burst windows resulting in kills any day over a DK who just spams weak AoEs and contributes little to a group's killing ability.

If you want videos, why don't you watch Kodi stream his mDK in open world. He's objectively one of the best players in the game and he'll tell you it's the weakest magicka class by a large margin.

If you hate it so much why do you even bother?

I see players not just doing okay, but excelling on Mag DK. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for your entertainment.

An individual player may be objectively good, that in no way equates to their ability to be objective. An individual players ranking system does not objectively prove anything. All players have bias, all players have preferences and habits. Some classes and play styles come more naturally and feel easier than others to specific people.

You stated:
    . . .
    Just because people can hold block while their teammates get KBs doesn't mean it's a strong class. . .

I not only stated that this was false, I brought video evidence of the contrary. Mag DK's are not stuck with holding block and letting other players get kills. That is objectively false, perhaps those who build their DKs to hold block are doing this, but it is not a restriction of the class itself.

Anyone can string together selective video clips.

Of course it is selective clips.

If you want to quibble over what clips people choose to upload you need to provide a massive range of data over many characters constrained for gear, setups, group composition and opponents. Then you would need to sift the data to prove which classes are performing better over that range and what periods. Even then you couldn't possibly cover all sets, setups, or play styles.

The video's show that Mag DK's can in fact kill other players with significant proficiency. Controlling for every class, every setup, is not realistic. These videos are a rebuttal of the idea that Mag DK's can only stand around and block and hope someone else kills people.
    I run in a small group. We are super efficient at wiping out larger groups. Everything I do on my mDK can be done better with other classes and that's the issue.

This proves literally nothing. Simply because you cannot see, are not using, or do not require the advantages of mag DK's does not equate to them having none. All this shows is that for your group and play style you have found other classes to be more beneficial.

Mag DK's have significant survivability and ability to control opposing players through Snares, roots, and CC's. They are quite capable of killing other players, as well as tanking damage, but lack an execute. As such their value grows in proportion to which the group shrinks. Which is why they are very strong in BG's, were fights are often between 3-6 players, but less so in Cyrodiil.

If you want to point out specific mechanics of Mag DK's and argue their lack of value that is a reasonable position. The argument that Mag DK's lack significantly advantageous group utility is in my opinion completely reasonable. ESO PVP is not however a zero sum game, many things are incredibly advantageous is certain scenario's while being relatively useless in others. Play style, group composition, setup, opponents, significantly effect the value of individual components.

Do you even play magicka DK? It's really easy to watch other people play it and act like you know something about the mechanics of the class. But you clearly don't understand the class. Instead you're just making vapid arguments like saying mDK are "quite capable of killing other players," yet you don't give any meaningful explanation as to why you think they are capable of killing other players. You also say things like "Mag DK's have significant survivability," but you don't explain where you think that survivability comes from. I have 3 years experience playing mDK daily, and I can tell you that our survivability comes at the expense of our capability of killing other players, and vice versa. The fact that you pretend like those two things come naturally to the class and that they come in tandem speaks to how limited your experience playing mDK in open world is. If you had some actual experience, you would know that as a mDK to have good survivability you often have very limited kill potential. And that to have high kill potential, you have very limited survivability because you have neither the slippery mechanics of a NB nor the mobility of a Sorc.

Also, the fact that you rely on video clips is fairly suspect. 1vX montages and highlight reels have never been any kind of reliable indicator of class strength. I don't need to be on a particularly good class if I'm a great player and I'm fighting people who haven't yet discovered the strengths of impen, for example. Perhaps you think that those 1vX montages and highly reels are just par for the course every time a mDK logs in and goes into Cyrodiil. If that's what you think I'm afraid I can't help you. If you simply cannot live without videos, at least watch a stream of someone playing unedited fights--but relying on cherry-picked fights as being somehow indicative of what it's like to play the class when they are uploaded precisely because they are exceptional or standout clips is really quite naive. My best advice is to get a mDK and try playing it in open world to get a feel for the class. That's a far better way to understand the mechanics than watching videos and/or posting those videos in support of some nebulous argument on the forums.

I do actually play Mag DK, it is my primary tank for PVE. It isn't my primary PVP character, but I have taken it into PVP and got similar results to my other characters. I don't rely on video clips, but I can see how someone could view it that way when they have to try and find a reason for a different opinion than theirs.

I've heard all these complaints before, they differ little in overall nature from other class complaints. Mag Wardens want to kill better, Mag NB's complain about dodgeable abilities and being squishy, Mag Sorc's complain about being squishy and having to rely on shields, Mag Templar's complain about their skills being neutered and having to choose between being able to kill or able to heal.

These are the same exact arguments that Mag Templar throws out.

you would know that as a mDK to have good survivability you often have very limited kill potential. And that to have high kill potential, you have very limited survivability because you have neither the slippery mechanics of a NB nor the mobility of a Sorc.

Every build without exception has to sacrifice some survivability to increase their kill potential. Every player out there is seeking a balance of being able to kill and not be killed. And you claim my statements are vapid, smh. Bring another argument besides: ~"you must not play a mag DK because your opinion differs from mine."
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

75% of your enemies are vampires in PVP and take 25% extra damage from your attacks.
    Your resistance is the highest, you have dragon leap which is cheap, can't dodge it and hits like a truck, oh and it's a gap closer.

CCs are the best? in melee range maybe, but 90% of players run immovable pots, this is arguable.

Leap is a gap closer? It is an ultimate that can be blocked or dodged intime, compare it to any other cheap ulti or something that costs the same, it is not all that, not to mention the animation bugs you get stuck in half the time.

We do not "want " a gap closer, we mentioned LACKING a gap closer, it should be compensated, just like not having an execute, some compensation is worth considering.

You have very little info in how the mDk was before IC update, after and even today. You are probably being carried or running with a healer in Cyrodiil, or having some stamina guy with you while you CC and leap and he bursts.

DK is in a good spot

If being non-existent in PvP groups is a "good spot" then yeah I guess we're in a great spot.

I play one and see them all the time on console. Especially in battlegrounds, mag DK specifically is very strong in battlegrounds. Not as strong as mag warden for BGs but that is almost entirely because of the healing ult.

It's arguably the weakest magicka class, even in BGs. Just because people can hold block while their teammates get KBs doesn't mean it's a strong class. Give me a group of 3 Magplars or 3 Magblades with a Warden any day of the week.

Slow the roll on that hyperbole and perhaps your comments could be taken more seriously.

Mag DK's in general struggle to get KB's but that in no way eliminates their value or contribution. Secondly I have played with and against a few Mag DK's that got plenty of KB's.

In contrast Sorc's in general get plenty of KB's, but I've seen a ton of them that can't deal squat for damage and just grab KB's off their allies. Getting KB's only defines performance for teenagers who cant see beyond a particular K/D ratio. Same kids who go into a BGs on NB's and ignore the objectives while exalting that they went 5-0 by ganking solo players.

Yes and no.

If you are in a group, then I agree that getting killing blows is not particularly that important as there are other things a non-killer could do productively for their team. As to whether or not the DK offers just as many "other things" comapred to other classes is a matter of debate. I think it's very difficulty to quantify that and convincingly say a DK is better. I will grant chains can be useful, talons is strong, and eruption can have a role, but is anyone going to tell me they are better than Fear, corrupting Pollen, Encase, or Breath of Life?

You say slow the role on hyperbole and then equate getting killing blows as ONLY defining performance for teenagers. Physician, heal thyself. If you are not in a group, than killing blows are tantamount to winning and losing; in the open world alone, a DK has to get killing blows and multiple amounts or else it's rez at wayshrine.

That's because I don't see DK's lacking for killing blows because of an inability to kill opponents. Rather they lack because they do not have an execute and they are on the lower end of burst, so they lose killing blows to allies that they would otherwise get solo.

In BG's you are always in a group, whether you que'd in with those players or not. I made no claim that a Mag DK was strong solo in Cyrodiil. Although I have seen a few video's of some that did quite well for themselves.

I have actually played a match with two mag DK's, one stam DK, and a NB. All four players on my team did over 800k damage and beat both opposing teams which had dedicated healers that healed for over 500k. The highest damage dealer was a Mag DK at 1.2mil. I have seen Mag DK's go 20 and 0 in BG's. No it is not common, but it isn't entirely elusive or impossible.

Yes in general Mag DK's struggle to get KB's because they lack an execute, where other setups can get KB's. Trust me I've played a lot of bow builds and bow/bow builds, I'm very familiar with struggling to get KB's. Not having a strong execute does not break a class.

Some Solo:

Some group:

I'm not sure why people keep peddling this fallacious argument that the DKs pulling "1.2m damage" in BGs is somehow representative of the strengths of the class. Give me a teammate who does half as much overall damage but does it in burst windows resulting in kills any day over a DK who just spams weak AoEs and contributes little to a group's killing ability.

If you want videos, why don't you watch Kodi stream his mDK in open world. He's objectively one of the best players in the game and he'll tell you it's the weakest magicka class by a large margin.

I see players not just doing okay, but excelling on Mag DK. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for your entertainment.

An individual player may be objectively good, that in no way equates to their ability to be objective. An individual players ranking system does not objectively prove anything. All players have bias, all players have preferences and habits. Some classes and play styles come more naturally and feel easier than others to specific people.

You stated:
    . . .
    Just because people can hold block while their teammates get KBs doesn't mean it's a strong class. . .

I not only stated that this was false, I brought video evidence of the contrary. Mag DK's are not stuck with holding block and letting other players get kills. That is objectively false, perhaps those who build their DKs to hold block are doing this, but it is not a restriction of the class itself.

If you want to quibble over what clips people choose to upload you need to provide a massive range of data over many characters constrained for gear, setups, group composition and opponents. Then you would need to sift the data to prove which classes are performing better over that range and what periods. Even then you couldn't possibly cover all sets, setups, or play styles.

The video's show that Mag DK's can in fact kill other players with significant proficiency. Controlling for every class, every setup, is not realistic. These videos are a rebuttal of the idea that Mag DK's can only stand around and block and hope someone else kills people.
    I run in a small group. We are super efficient at wiping out larger groups. Everything I do on my mDK can be done better with other classes and that's the issue.

This proves literally nothing. Simply because you cannot see, are not using, or do not require the advantages of mag DK's does not equate to them having none. All this shows is that for your group and play style you have found other classes to be more beneficial.

Mag DK's have significant survivability and ability to control opposing players through Snares, roots, and CC's. They are quite capable of killing other players, as well as tanking damage, but lack an execute. As such their value grows in proportion to which the group shrinks. Which is why they are very strong in BG's, were fights are often between 3-6 players, but less so in Cyrodiil.

If you want to point out specific mechanics of Mag DK's and argue their lack of value that is a reasonable position. The argument that Mag DK's lack significantly advantageous group utility is in my opinion completely reasonable. ESO PVP is not however a zero sum game, many things are incredibly advantageous is certain scenario's while being relatively useless in others. Play style, group composition, setup, opponents, significantly effect the value of individual components.

Do you even play magicka DK? It's really easy to watch other people play it and act like you know something about the mechanics of the class. But you clearly don't understand the class. Instead you're just making vapid arguments like saying mDK are "quite capable of killing other players," yet you don't give any meaningful explanation as to why you think they are capable of killing other players. You also say things like "Mag DK's have significant survivability," but you don't explain where you think that survivability comes from. I have 3 years experience playing mDK daily, and I can tell you that our survivability comes at the expense of our capability of killing other players, and vice versa. The fact that you pretend like those two things come naturally to the class and that they come in tandem speaks to how limited your experience playing mDK in open world is. If you had some actual experience, you would know that as a mDK to have good survivability you often have very limited kill potential. And that to have high kill potential, you have very limited survivability because you have neither the slippery mechanics of a NB nor the mobility of a Sorc.

Also, the fact that you rely on video clips is fairly suspect. 1vX montages and highlight reels have never been any kind of reliable indicator of class strength. I don't need to be on a particularly good class if I'm a great player and I'm fighting people who haven't yet discovered the strengths of impen, for example. Perhaps you think that those 1vX montages and highly reels are just par for the course every time a mDK logs in and goes into Cyrodiil. If that's what you think I'm afraid I can't help you. If you simply cannot live without videos, at least watch a stream of someone playing unedited fights--but relying on cherry-picked fights as being somehow indicative of what it's like to play the class when they are uploaded precisely because they are exceptional or standout clips is really quite naive. My best advice is to get a mDK and try playing it in open world to get a feel for the class. That's a far better way to understand the mechanics than watching videos and/or posting those videos in support of some nebulous argument on the forums.

I do actually play Mag DK, it is my primary tank for PVE. It isn't my primary PVP character, but I have taken it into PVP and got similar results to my other characters. I don't rely on video clips, but I can see how someone could view it that way when they have to try and find a reason for a different opinion than theirs.

I've heard all these complaints before, they differ little in overall nature from other class complaints. Mag Wardens want to kill better, Mag NB's complain about dodgeable abilities and being squishy, Mag Sorc's complain about being squishy and having to rely on shields, Mag Templar's complain about their skills being neutered and having to choose between being able to kill or able to heal.

you would know that as a mDK to have good survivability you often have very limited kill potential. And that to have high kill potential, you have very limited survivability because you have neither the slippery mechanics of a NB nor the mobility of a Sorc.

Every build without exception has to sacrifice some survivability to increase their kill potential. Every player out there is seeking a balance of being able to kill and not be killed. And you claim my statements are vapid, smh. Bring another argument besides: ~"you must not play a mag DK because your opinion differs from mine."

And there it is. You don't PvP on a mDK. Anyway, since you can't actually talk about mDK with any amount of specificity beyond saying things like what we're saying "differ little in overall nature from other class complaints," (Ok?) there's really no point continuing this discussion. Like I said, get some more experience open worlding as a mDK and we'll talk. Until then, this is kind of like listening to someone who has completed Maelstrom once on normal explain to me how to beat it Flawlessly on Vet (perhaps you like that analogy?). You lack the requisite experience PvPing with the class to talk to someone who has PvPed daily with the class since beta and played it when it was objectively the best class in PvP and nerfed to the worst class in PvP. I might not be the best mDK but I do know the class inside and out. You do not. So instead of watching highlight clips (watch me 1vX these 100cps who just started playing wooooo!!) and assuming you know something about a difficult class via osmosis, play it. Play it for a month or two daily and get back to me.

And by the way, no, not all classes need to sacrifice significant killing potential for survivability. mSorcs main defense, for example, scales off of their main stat giving them the best of both worlds.
    Edited by Kilandros on October 4, 2017 5:56PM
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel , pls reconsider the nerf on petrify....
    Make chains to only pull again, and stonefist a reliable gap closer, Stam and mag morphs. Dk could Ally theirs dots in a dual wield build, but at least give us some sort of gap closer, like NBS have.
    Without fossilize mag dks will be like turtles in cirodill...
    Don't try to force us to use chains the way it is... I beg you... =\

If u are taking our opinion in consideration, it's clear that you have noted that the petrify changes doesn't made any one satisfied, either made stonefist more appealing.

Thanks and peace.
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK. Low burst (Decent with light armour) dots underpowered pvp

Defense needs heavy building into. (block)

Worst sustain

Worst utility (chains doesn't work openworld, auto immunity, height issues. Sorc out ccs DKs, NB has a better stun)

Bugged af (wings unusable)

Awful way to deal with ranged.

OP pls nerf. Leap is great even throughout the ninja range nerf.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK is in a good spot

Yes and no.

Some Solo:

Some group:

You stated:
    . . .

And there it is. You don't PvP on a mDK. Anyway, since you can't actually talk about mDK with any amount of specificity beyond saying things like what we're saying "differ little in overall nature from other class complaints," (Ok?) there's really no point continuing this discussion. Like I said, get some more experience open worlding as a mDK and we'll talk. Until then, this is kind of like listening to someone who has completed Maelstrom once on normal explain to me how to beat it Flawlessly on Vet (perhaps you like that analogy?). You lack the requisite experience PvPing with the class to talk to someone who has PvPed daily with the class since beta and played it when it was objectively the best class in PvP and nerfed to the worst class in PvP. I might not be the best mDK but I do know the class inside and out. You do not. So instead of watching highlight clips (watch me 1vX these 100cps who just started playing wooooo!!) and assuming you know something about a difficult class via osmosis, play it. Play it for a month or two daily and get back to me.

And by the way, no, not all classes need to sacrifice significant killing potential for survivability. mSorcs main defense, for example, scales off of their main stat giving them the best of both worlds.
    You have brought no specificity to your complaints, but expect me to be specific in my address of them? Claim to know mag DK completely but wish for me to explain the inherent benefits of the class?

You have done nothing but make broad claims, while attempting to explain away anyone who disagrees with you.

No one else gets 12% more healing just for having major armor buffs up. Only one other class even has access to Major Mending outside of Resto. No one else's get block % while also getting higher spell resistance. No one else has a CC that also roots the target after they break free. No one has a single target dot that costs less than 1k and can heal them for 60% of their health instantly on cast. No one else has an AOE interrupt.

Your complaints and system of response are entirely predicated on blaming others and claiming knowledge of them which you do not have.

You claimed that you could only block but dismiss video evidence of players doing elsewise.

Your experience does not sum total all DKs and just because you struggle does not equate to everyone must struggle.

Templar's are evil..
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »
    @ZOS_Wrobel , pls reconsider the nerf on petrify....
    Make chains to only pull again, and stonefist a reliable gap closer, Stam and mag morphs. Dk could Ally theirs dots in a dual wield build, but at least give us some sort of gap closer, like NBS have.
    Without fossilize mag dks will be like turtles in cirodill...
    Don't try to force us to use chains the way it is... I beg you... =\

If u are taking our opinion in consideration, it's clear that you have noted that the petrify changes doesn't made any one satisfied, either made stonefist more appealing.

Thanks and peace.

Same but make chains the gap close or utility, and stonefist the pull (litterally tack the pull on at the end of a 1.5/2s stun and only have cc immunity if they break the stun pull math means it doesn't affect pve at all, whilst making it useful and balanced for pvp)
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Could anyone that's playing on pts tell me how is mdk doing with this horrendous nerf?
    I'm a console player and wish to know.
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

DK is in a good spot

Yes and no.

Some Solo:

Some group:

You stated:
    . . .

You have brought no specificity to your complaints, but expect me to be specific in my address of them? Claim to know mag DK completely but wish for me to explain the inherent benefits of the class?

You have done nothing but make broad claims, while attempting to explain away anyone who disagrees with you.

No one else gets 12% more healing just for having major armor buffs up. Only one other class even has access to Major Mending outside of Resto. No one else's get block % while also getting higher spell resistance. No one else has a CC that also roots the target after they break free. No one has a single target dot that costs less than 1k and can heal them for 60% of their health instantly on cast. No one else has an AOE interrupt.

Your complaints and system of response are entirely predicated on blaming others and claiming knowledge of them which you do not have.

You claimed that you could only block but dismiss video evidence of players doing elsewise.

Your experience does not sum total all DKs and just because you struggle does not equate to everyone must struggle.

And yet bol is 2k stronger multitarget vs DKs mending buffed heal at low health? (source mained templar at one point, back to DK though)

Same gear mundus etc 5 shackle, 5 alt and 2 skoria. The dot heals around 10/12k crit at the end of the duration, on spam it's a 2k heal max. And worth 1.6k on my light DK.

If you don't think there is an issue with a class having its unique defense (wings) gutted and being forced to use out of class shields/s&b.
    (which are probably rip. )

As an example, let's hold cloak to wings standard and see. Increase cost, have a limit to damage cloaked as well as time, have some attacks ignore. How about damage avoided with stat components still affecting. Randomly spazing out and not working? Inb4 cloak used to do that, I know and that isn't a good thing, at least they fixed it.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

DK is in a good spot

Yes and no.

Some Solo:

Some group:

You stated:
    . . .

What are you even talking about. Go read through the Dragonknight Feedback thread starting at page 1 and tell me I haven't brought specificity to my points. Go look through my lengthy posts there.

Anyway, done arguing with you in this thread. I don't moan and complain about sDK because it's not my class. I'd ask you do the same since you don't know mDK.

Edited by Kilandros on October 4, 2017 9:11PM
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    What I'm really intrigued is WHY WOULD SOMEONE USE FOSSILIZE OVER DRAIN ESSENCE?
    @ZOS_Wrobel pls take note...

Other player pls comment
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    6pya21es655s.jpg
    rv4kkcdmesqf.jpg
    Note that I'm both images I'm running two reduce cost glyphs
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Now it's evident that some people in zos don't even know the available skills in the game and how community actually plays.... (Facepalm)

Don't even tell me that drain essence is a channel because it's easy to stun and animation cancel with block... The only thing that made me use fossilize over drain was the range... Now nothing make it worth be using fossilize anymore...
    Lower range, higher cost, lower damage... Don't give últimate don't heal me... Why zos? Why?
    Edited by Vesper_BR on October 4, 2017 10:19PM
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Just for the record. I play a dk for the past years PvP and pve wise... By far it's the worst thing u could do to balance the class..

Edited by Vesper_BR on October 4, 2017 11:11PM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could anyone that's playing on pts tell me how is mdk doing with this horrendous nerf?
    I'm a console player and wish to know.

Race change and go stamina on the DK, as i said end game PvE it is not worth having a mDK take up a valuable melee spot, look at the leaderboards for all trails, top guilds do not have 1 mDK, and that.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK is in a good spot

Yes and no.

Some Solo:

Some group:

You stated:
    . . .

Anyone can run through a list of a classes skills and passives and say well nobody else has that.

Weak stuff.

It is so painfully obvious you have no experience at all with mDK. And this is part of the problem. You assume.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word on trimming down the Cyrodiil campaigns?
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Sounds like I will be able to move my crafter out of Craglorn after this goes live! Great!

It's worth mentioning that you guys could probably make some money if you sold an assistant that could be placed in player homes that would give and accept crafting writs. I know it's a niche market where only crafters would be interested, but if you didn't overcharge for it, I bet it would still sell pretty good.

And while I'm on the topic, a guild banking in player housing is long over due...

This, so much this^^^

And don’t forget a mail assistant who collects/deletes your hireling mails.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like your jelly of mag sorcs.

DK is in a good spot

Yes and no.

Some Solo:

Some group:

You stated:
    . . .

Anyone can run through a list of a classes skills and passives and say well nobody else has that.

Weak stuff.

It is so painfully obvious you have no experience at all with mDK. And this is part of the problem. You assume.

The only thing that is painfully obvious is the great lengths people go through to promote their biased views. I dont have to assume I have experience.

Those are unqiue advantages for the Mag DK. Arguments over their validity or invalidity are reasonable. Blank assumptions of others experience as your argument are pathetic and wildly inaccurate.

But its not surprising that you would hold such a view. The common rabble also believe VMA is really hard and bow builds are incapable of everything.

When you cant compete you come up with all sorts of reasons to justify why.
    Templar's are evil..
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK is in a good spot

Yes and no.

Some Solo:

Some group:

You stated:
    . . .

Weak stuff.

The only thing that is painfully obvious is the great lengths people go through to promote their biased views. I dont have to assume I have experience.

Those are unqiue advantages for the Mag DK. Arguments over their validity or invalidity are reasonable. Blank assumptions of others experience as your argument are pathetic and wildly inaccurate.

But its not surprising that you would hold such a view. The common rabble also believe VMA is really hard and bow builds are incapable of everything.

It's also not surprising that you view other people as common rabble.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

DK is in a good spot

Yes and no.

Some Solo:

Some group:

You stated:
    . . .

Weak stuff.

Lol your posts are just embarrassing to read at this point. You have a weird superiority complex and a little too much time on your hands.
    Invictus

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I have a question for you about the Golden Vendor; has the loot table been updated?

Specifically, will I now have a chance to acquire Gold Vampire Lord jewelry?
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on October 6, 2017 7:17AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Siphoner will now be a better counter against builds that are able to live for an extremely long time through healing and resource restore“

Yeah, that isn’t going to really help.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Why not make syphoner just drain a little (I said a LITTLE) % of target health stamina or magica instead... Regen aren't what make these builds sustain for very long fights... Usually that kind of build doesn't even have that much regen...

Edited by Vesper_BR on October 6, 2017 4:14PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not make syphoner just drain a little (I said a LITTLE) % of target health stamina or magica instead... Regen aren't what make these builds sustain for very long fights... Usually that kind of build doesn't even have that much regen...

This is the best way, but I guarantee you people would complain a lot even if it drained on average half the amount the current siphoner does.

Obviously I dont mean every light attack should drain (that would be horrible), it would be still debuff (or basically unstackable DoT that targets resources instead of health)
    Edited by SodanTok on October 6, 2017 4:18PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I have a question for you about the Golden Vendor; has the loot table been updated?

Specifically, will I now have a chance to acquire Gold Vampire Lord jewelry?
    I want to piggy back and see if prisoners set can also get gold jewels through there pvp vendor.

I haven't seen one, but then again I haven't played PvP on the weekends enough to see it pop up.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Krotha
    Krotha
    ✭✭✭
    WHY MUST YOU KEEP THE CONSTANT OPPRESSION ON DKS? We were stoked about standard then we learned you cant generate ultimate while it's out. We were stoked about petrify being cheaper so it's more viable for stam users. Then you bend us over by reducing the range. Please send me what your devs are smoking! Do they even play DKs? Why don't you bring in veteran players and get their view on a drastic change like this instead of just regurgitating ludicrous ideas about how you think you are balancing DKs. Nobody gives a damn about the differentiation between stonefist and petrify. The range on petrify is absolutely necessary to help CLOSE THE DISTANCE between targets. Stonefist is nothing more than a party trick used to amuse new DKs with a cute knockdown. You'll notice no one runs this quaint stonefist in PvP because it's trash and ineffective against all the block builds your divine and magnificent dev team released on us. If I am fighting multiple range classes how do I counter that besides dry humping a tree or rock now? Do I whisper them to come within 8m now so I can stun them? Are you releasing a crown-store emote that will entice my opponents to come within 8m while playing a MDK?

Nice job buffing mag sorc again you #@$@%!^

Gina your team is really screwing the pooch on this one. Reach out to your community. Listen to them.

#SaveDK
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great changes overall, but still no fix to SHEER VENOM! its dot still gets reflected by reactive armor and pulls out of stealth. Please fix this! I love this set but it's useless against Dks!

Or at least confirm if this is how it's meant to work (which I strongly believe isn't the case)
    Edited by Amorpho on October 6, 2017 8:32PM
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer